Hunt's WITB, Update 1-13-21! Starting off 2021 w/NEW Irons, Wedges and Putter (soon) ALL on Page 5!

How are the accura shafts working out? Also, did you give the steel fibers a go? If so, what were your thoughts?

My left elbow is starting to bother me and I'm thinking I need to give a good hard look at graphite in the irons.

The Accra's were solid, but they were too light for me.

I now have the Fujikura Pro 115i's in my irons and I love them. I may take some pics of them tonight and put them in here.

I still have the Accra pulls. I may sell them in the Unclassifieds. They are a X-Stiff and a bit longer than standard so they can always be trimmed to fit most golfers.

RH

I need to test some of these shafts, I’m afraid anything in the 115 range would be too light for me.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• 1 month later...

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero, 9* loft, 45-1/8" Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution IV shaft (x-stiff)

3-wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero, 13* loft, 43-1/4" Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution IV shaft (x-stiff)

2-Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 17* loft, 41-1/4" Fujikura Atmos Blue 8H shaft (x-stiff)

3-Hybrid: Titleist, 816 H2, 19* loft, 40-3/4" Fujikura Atmos Blue 8H shaft (x-stiff)

4-iron thru P-Wedge: TaylorMade P790, standard lie and loft with Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec shaft (x-stiff)

S-Wedge: Miura K-Grind, 52* loft, 8* bounce, 36-1/8" Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec shaft (x-stiff)

L-Wedge: Edel Digger Grind, 60* loft, 22* bounce, 35-1/4" Fujikura Black MCI wedge shaft

Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #9, 34" loft, 3* loft, 71* lie angle.

22 degrees of bounce? That's insane ... How did you ever test into something like that?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Current thoughts on my WITB:

The Bag - I bought my Srixon staff bag off Ebay and a couple of the zippers were broke. Plus, it doesn't fit in my hard case and I plan on doing more golf travel as I'm going to see David Orr in a month and then next year I hope to go to Vegas, Myrtle Beach, NY and LA. I really love the Arnold Palmer Invitational driver headcover. It's a real good quality weather. I went with leather headcovers this time as knit headcovers only last about 3 years and they start falling apart.

Woods -The Evolution IV is an awesome shaft. I really wish they had an 85 gram version for a 3-wood. But it's very smooth butt section with a tip section that is quite stiff. I hit the Rogue SubZero driver a long ways, but I still question if the M3 may be a better fit for forgiveness purposes.

Hybrids - These are quality hybrids, but I would like to get fitted thru TrueSpec Golf again to find the best fit as I think they spin a little too much for me. The Atmos Blue Hybrid shaft is perfect for me.

Irons - The big change is to the Fujikura Pro 115 shafts which are awesome. It's time people start considering graphite shafts in irons as the only real advantage that steel gives a player is that it's cheaper.

Wedges - I've been thinking of adding a 55 or 56 degree wedge for windy days where I'm going to miss more greens and it can be difficult to change trajectories with just a 52 and 60*. I tried out the TaylorMade High-Toe for a while and please punch me in the face the next time I try to find a substitute for the Edel Digger Grind. I just got the new Edel so I have a fresh head and installed the MCI shaft in it. It's really, really freaking good.

Grips - I tried out the SuperStroke Soft Wraps and really liked them. One of the things I found is that they weigh 66 grams and the Golf Pride Tour Wraps (midsize) weigh in at 58 grams. Usually that would not make a difference to the MOI of the club, but the SuperStroke grips have more weight toward the mouth of the grip and it adds about 20 MOI units to the club. So I have switched between Golf Pride and Superstroke depending on if I need to the move the MOI up or down.

Putter - I've actually putted well with this putter, but I still have issues on short putts and slow greens. I'm going to see David Orr for a lesson at the end of September and he will fit me for a putter there. It will be interesting to see what I'm fitted for.

RH

22 degrees of bounce? That's insane ... How did you ever test into something like that?

Lots of pros have far more bounce on their wedges than what is stamped. Many frequently go to the Tour Vans and either ask for the head to be grinded a certain way or they just get on the grinder and do it themselves.

When I first moved to Florida, everybody was saying you needed a low bounce wedge, but I found the exact opposite. Too easy to get stuck in the wiry/glue-like bermuda. Either way, I've tried a lot of wedges and nothing compares to the Edel digger grind LW. I can hit virtually any shot I need from it and from the most difficult of lies.

RH

did you go to costal?

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Lots of pros have far more bounce on their wedges than what is stamped. Many frequently go to the Tour Vans and either ask for the head to be grinded a certain way or they just get on the grinder and do it themselves.

When I first moved to Florida, everybody was saying you needed a low bounce wedge, but I found the exact opposite. Too easy to get stuck in the wiry/glue-like bermuda. Either way, I've tried a lot of wedges and nothing compares to the Edel digger grind LW. I can hit virtually any shot I need from it and from the most difficult of lies.

RH

Knew they did their own grinds, never knew they went that high with their bounces. Interesting.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Knew they did their own grinds, never knew they went that high with their bounces. Interesting.

Edel wedges fit golfers by bounce angle. At the time I had a pretty steep attack angle, so they fit me for the Digger Grind. Now my attack angle is not steep at all, but the Digger grind still works well for me.

Mike Adams was mostly the brain behind the wedge. He had found in his time teaching golfers that they didn't have enough bounce in their wedges. He did a study and found that low handicaps and pros had about 16 degrees of forward shaft lean at impact (I can't remember the length of the shot, I think it was 50 yards). 16* of foward shaft lean and say 8* of bounce doesn't add up and players were compensating so they didn't dig the leading edge into the turf. Thus Edel designed wedges with a lot more bounce. David Edel talks about a 'true bounce equation' in a GolfWRX podcast

http://www.golfwrx.com/524906/the-gear-dive-david-edel-explains-the-true-bounce-equation-that-no-one-talks-about/

Mike Adams explained to me in detail what went into the design. Mike used to grind wedges himself for students who he felt didn't have enough bounce. He then wanted to create a fitting system based on bounce with wedges with more bounce. He kinda had the Ping Eye 2 wedge design in mind, but David Edel configured something different to look more like the wedge they have now. Then they brought in James Patrick Harrington (JP Wedges...now with Titleist) and that didn't work out.

I've tried the 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges. The original heads...I felt the 52 and 56 degree heads were way too heavy. They had the 52 degree (IIRC) at 304 grams, the 56 degree at 306 grams and the 60 degree at 308 grams. Normally 52 degree heads are around 295 -300 grams and the 56* are usually around 300-302 grams. 4 grams of extra head weight can make a lot of difference.

I think the latest designs have the 52 and 56 degree heads a little lighter. I also heard on the podcast that Edel is probably going to come out with a new line of wedges.

But as far as the 60* digger grind (it has a channel on the sole), it's easily the best LW I've ever hit. It's not even remotely close. I tried the TaylorMade Hi-Toe which obviously took a lot of ideas from Edel with the scorelines all the way out on the toe and the mini-channel on the sole and I was noticeably worse with the Hi-Toe. And I think the Hi-Toe spins more. The Edel gets a ton of spin, but the High-Toe is probably the highest spinning wedge out on the market. Either way, I am substantially better with the Edel.

RH

• 1 month later...

A new putter added to the bag after my fitting (and lesson) from David Orr.

This is the Nashville Studio Series SeeMore mFGP, 35-1/4" long, 3° loft and a 70° lie angle. This head is about 10 grams heavier than the original FGP model from SeeMore. The face is slightly smaller horizontally and vertically but with a slightly deeper flange and it's 100% milled. I used to own the original FGP model years ago, but my SAM Puttlab data was terrible with it and we found that the grip was badly misaligned. The Nashville Studio Series has superior feel to the original.

The grip on the putter currently is a PURE Grips pistol. However, I will be putting on an Iomic Midsize I-Classic on the putter tonight.

As far as the fitting goes, I went up to North Carolina to see David Orr for a lesson. David offers a 3-hour lesson package that includes the lesson, a fitting using the TrueSpec putter fitting system and a 1-night stay at the Pine Needles Lodge and Resort with full access to their practice areas for only $750.

The lodge is beautiful. The room I stayed in housed 4 people and you're right next to the course and practice range.

o.jpg

The practice area for putting is pretty awesome. David had them build a real grass green outside his studio that is about as flat as one can make a real grass green.

Inside his studio, he has 3D motion capture, SAM Puttlab, PuttView and the TrueSpec fitting studio.

Flatstick-Academy-1.jpg

Going into the fitting, I was using a Bettinardi Queen B #9. I would have thought for sure that David would have fit me for a mallet style putter since every other fitter I've ever been to has fitted me for a mallet. This despite my best putting ever came when I was a teenager and it was with a Wilson 8802.

David gave me the lesson, first. Then he did the fitting while keeping the instruction in mind. The big thing we worked on with my putting stroke?

Smash Factor.

Yes, smash factor.

When we got on the SAM Puttlab, we saw that I was hitting the sweetspot with my Bettinardi. But, my Smash Factor was low and thus I was either leaving putts short and/or making a large backstroke just to get the ball to the hole because the energy transfer was poor.

Seriously...who has ever heard of a putting instructor talk about energy transfer?

And what was crazy was that David spotted the Smash Factor issue before going on the SAM Puttlab. He just watched me putt a few times and saw that I was making, what he calls, an 'under-twist' move. I could start to see that move on camera, but only because it was pointed out to me. You really have to have good eyes to see it. And really, you can't catch that move on the SAM Puttlab either.

The good news is that my aim at address was really good (0.3° or less) on straight putts and left-to-right putts. But on right-to-left putts I aimed DEAD right. Part of the under-twist move is to prevent pulls and it was obvious that I was deathly afraid of hitting pulls on right-to-left breaking putts.

We used the SAM Puttlab on PuttView...which is AWESOME. Pretty much worth the price of the lesson, alone.

David has the platform for PuttView which allows him to create a right-to-left putt (up to 4%) or left-to-right putt (up to 4%) in just a matter of seconds. So we could measure on the SAM Puttlab on straight putts or breaking putts. Since I struggled with right-to-left putts, we did a lot of measurement on those.

We changed quite a few things, but they were fairly easy tweeks. Changed the grip, a very slight and almost unnoticeable change in posture, change in ball position, elevated the wrists at address a little and worked a lot on how my left arm and hand path moves throughout the stroke as well as a change in grip pressure.

And voila!

My smash factor completely changed.

Furthermore, my SAM numbers were getting really good with the putters he tried fitting me for.

We tried the Toulon Austin which was producing pretty solid numbers. Then we went with the SeeMore which produced some excellent numbers. Then we tried the TaylorMade Soto which produced excellent numbers as well.

It was a coin flip between the SeeMore and the TaylorMade Soto. David's intuition was that the idea putter for me would probably be something in-between the two...maybe a Bombora type head, flow neck with either 1/2 or no offset and the neck bored into the head somewhere between where the Soto and Seemore necks enter the head.

We decided that the SeeMore was slightly better than the Soto, although I was aiming the Soto at 0.0 degrees at address. The putter face rotation was better and more in sync with the arc of the stroke. The other thing is that I had issues with too much forward shaft lean at address given my stroke and the SeeMore's RST helps fix that issue.

The Bettinardi was way too short for me as well. David had me use his Napa putter and he told me that I'll probably hit pulls with it because it was too short for me and sure enough...I hit pulls with it. The same with putters that had too small of a grip.

After making a few strokes, David told me that I didn't have nearly enough finger pressure in my right middle and index finger and I was not keeping that pressure constant. He could simply see my stroke and tell that was an issue after years of studying 3D motion capture on the putting stroke.

Flatstick-Academy-2.jpg

I just don't see any other putting instructor that is nearly as well rounded about putting as David. From stroke mechanics to green reading to fitting to understanding green grass to motor skill acquisition, etc. And I don't know of any other instructor that is in the same galaxy when it comes to understanding the wrists and hands in putting.

And the big thing is that it's not a 1 size fits all type of deal. David instructed me based off what he felt I do best and naturally. My stroke is naturally more powered by using both arms and hands and I was trying to use my left arm/side and then I tried to use just my right arm/side. Other golfers may be better suited for a different way of putting. But, David has expertise in all of them.

Now, I may get a custom built putter next year because the curiousity will likely get the best of me as I will wonder if there is something in-between the SeeMore and the Soto that will fit me. But, for now my putting is better and it's nice to see me not miss the same putts and hit the same bad putts, over and over, again.

RH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

***WITB STATE OF THE UNION***

My fellow golf clubs. It has been a topsy turvy year of golf. With swing changes and putting stroke changes the golfing has been uncertain, but the future remains very bright.

One of the big changes is the move to private golf with the membership at Orange Tree. The move addresses two major issues with my golf game. The need for serious, competitive golf involved with the Saturday Scratch Game and the club tournaments as well as the course design that does not allow for one of the main weaknesses in my game; you cannot miss left at Orange Tree.

In that time, we have seen a major turnover in the bag. New woods and irons fitted from True Spec Golf and at the Fujikura headquarters on their ENSO machine. A new Sand Wedge from Miura Golf and a new putter from SeeMore. And the new bag from Sun Mountain with new headcovers. It's certainly been a year of transition.

I'm very pleased with the shafts.

Fujikura has something really special with the Evolution IV line in their woods, the Atmos Blue in their Hybrids and the Pro Tour Spec line in their irons. I was a little worried that the Evolution IV in the 3-wood would not perform like the Veylix shaft I was fitted for at True Spec Golf, but it actually has and it is an awesome combination with the Callaway Rogue SubZero 3-wood head.

However, as my swing progresses and gets near to where I want it to be, I will be looking at the Ping G400 Max driver and the Titleist TS2 driver. A little more forgiveness may be what is in order off the tee and if the swing mechanics start producing a little lower launch angle I can always use a driver with a little more spin. I can also switch to a lower spinning ball if necessary.

The Titleist hybrids were a nice addition to the bag two years ago. But...call it boredom or call it necessity...we need to look at different hybrids next year The True Spec Fitting provided some excellent improvements last year, but we did not fit for the hybrids. I would like to see what we can do differently with the hybrids. As some of you may know...I feel that the hybrids should be the 'best club' in my bag because I require the hybrid to hit the ball the furthest from the worst of lies. The ball flight with the Titleist hybrids has been a little too high for my liking, but the forgiveness is very good and we need to see if there is a better option out there.

The P790's have been a welcome addition...

The ball flight can get a little high with the irons. But, I hit them very long. A big part of the ball flight issues are swing related. But, I do have concerns over the PW and the 9-iron as they do not carry nearly as far as they should. Again, swing issues are very prevalent here, but once the swing combats those issues better I will be curious as to how much of an improvement in performance there will be.

And let's not forget the Edel LW.

You have been the rock of this bag for so long. Anytime I've needed to get myself out of a pickle...from the worst of lies to the worst of angles to the worst of pressures...you've exceeded expectations. I made the dumb mistake of trying to replace you with that TaylorMade High-Toe wedge and it was a horrible mistake. For that, I apologize. I promise to keep your grooves clean more often, slam you onto the ground less often and avoid rocks and pebbles out of the sand. You are the shining example of what a golf club in my bag should be.

And again, I would like to, once again...welcome aboard the Seemore Nashville Studio Series mFGP to the bag.

*audience claps*

The position of Putter in my bag may be the most difficult position of them all. It's a position that often goes unrewarded and heavily criticized at the hint of failure. Yet, thru your design and ingenuity, you've made it to the bag. But already we may make some changes with you as we see how your Iomic grip holds up.

However, I have liked the performance thus far. Unfortunately, you will likely see some competition come next Spring if I decide to go with a custom made putter from either Byron Morgan, TP Mills or Mannkrafted.

That's just how it goes.

But, I do believe you're a really good fit for me. And if you perform well, I will keep you in the bag...

At least for now.

So my fellow golf clubs...be on the lookout for more competitive tournaments...more play across the country and better golf courses and finer conditions in 2019. And thank you for all of your support.

RH

That is one hell of a post, lol.

What shafts are you using now in the irons? Still the Fij 115s?

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

One of the continuing rotating bags on WRX that I check in to from time to time to see "What the heck has he gotten now?" Seriously very interesting

BTW Like the CCU bag you posted a few posts ago

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

• 1 month later...

New Driver:

I have only played 27 holes with the driver. The main reason for trying the driver out was the highest MOI of any driver from both heel to toe and from sole to crown (ref. Not allowed because of spam). The issue with most high MOI drivers is the spin rate, but the G400 Max doesn't seem to spin much, but it does launch high.

The Callaway Rogue SubZero is very long. But, I've lost my confidence not only in the club, but in my swing as well. My home course is very tight when it comes to OB and water and a foul ball can easily result in a double or triple bogey. My main concern is the distance loss, but I figured if the G400 Max is far more accurate and predictable I can take about a 12-yard loss for not only hitting more fairways and having less penalty shots, but improved confidence.

So far I have found that the G400 Max is probably about 10 yards shorter than the Rogue SZ. But, if I get the launch down a little with the G400 Max the distance is identical.

But man...the G400 Max is so much easier to hit. Hit it off the toe or the heel and the ball goes straight right at the target. MEGA-confidence builder. Today, I played and I only missed 3 fairways, but one of them was a great strike I just played the hole wrong as I hadn't played this course in years.

I also went back to the Toulon Long Island

This was one of the putters that David Orr thought was a good fit for my stroke. The SeeMore just is not forgiving enough and this is more forgiving and my putting has improved since using it.

David tried to convince me to use a 35-1/2" or 35-1/4" putter to fit my posture and stroke. This is only 35" long. As usual, David is onto something. I can see where the 35" putter length gives me some issues. So, I am going to put a different shaft in and make it 35-3/8" long.

RH

As usual I tuned in to see what you have gotten now--- Never disappointing

Removed the shaft from my Toulon Long Island.

I've added a stepped shaft. Some posters here have said that stepped putter shaft feels better since the butt diameter is smaller.

Waiting on a Pure Putter grip to come in the mail.

RH

• 2 months later...

RH

Hello Rich,

I‘m playing since 4 weeks now Evo II 661S in my Driver (SS 104 w/ smooth transition) and Evo I 661 TS in my 3 Wood (SS 98).

How does the Evo IV compare to II in terms of feel, stability, launch and dispersion for you?

I‘m looking for a similar Hybrid shaft. Has the ATMOS Blue a similar characteristic and feel then Evo II or Evo IV?

Thanks, Andreas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Made a few changes...but, I will start off with the big one....a new putter. And yes, I give my putters a nickname. This one is 'Brother Mouzone.'

**EVNROLL ER1.2, custom welded flowneck, 35-1/2" long stepped shaft, 3* loft, 70* lie angle.**

7kgryro54gla.jpeg

3zppgmqoxbha.jpeg

7dlp5y60xtae.jpeg

q68kl9jczf0u.jpeg

I had been putting with the Toulon Long Island. It says that it's 2/3 offset, but it looks full shaft offset to me. I was considering a TP Mills as a member at my club is also a Tour rep for Mills. But, I was intrigued by the EVNROLL groove technology. Particularly as I bought my dad the ER1 for his birthday last year. I got to putt with it once and putted very well with it.

At the PGA Merchandise show, I was happy to see that the ER1.2 looks more like a Dalehead design. The only issue was the plumber's neck. So, I went to Bastain Milled and had them lop off the plumber's neck, weld a 1/2 shaft offset flow neck and then murder out the head with a black cerakote finish. Came in beautifully.

I then got a stepped shaft (I prefer them for whatever reason) and made it to 35-1/2" long. Put an EVNROLL pistol grip in there.

The replacement neck dropped the head weight by 10 grams. This made the head feel a little light. So, I put 2 strips of HD lead tape on the sole. That ended up being too heavy. So, I took one strip off and it's rolling like a B-O-S-S.

Very happy with how this turned out.

More tomorrow.

RH

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

> @er1cchandler said:

> What Sun Mountain bag did you end up with ? assuming its one of the 2018 models - any feedback?

I ended up with this one, except in white.

https://app.emoney.com/store/the-hackler-course-at-coastal-carolina-university-estore-357#!/product/214f07545a302a61

RH

As usual very interesting-----

• 4 months later...

**WOODS (Ping 410's, 9* and 13.5* w/Fujikura Ventus 6x and 8 x shafts)**

9cemt3t86n9a.jpeg

mlxf9ypvnc13.jpeg

The woods were fitted by Fujikura at their headquarters in Carlsbad. Initially I wanted to get tested for the Ventus with the Ping G400 Max that had a Ping stock shaft in. When i initially showed them the G400 Max, Marshall told me he didn't want to touch it. But, I ~~begged~~ insisted. They didn't have a G400 Max sleeve, so they tried the G410 with the Ventus and I gained 10-12 yards. Since then, I've hit some milestones with my swing and I've gotten the ball speed as high as 172 mph. But, I'm normally at 166-167 mph now with 13* launch/2,200 rpm which is perfect. The Ventus shaft is like the Speeder Evolution IV on steroids. It's the best feeling wood shaft I've hit as it feels nice and comfy in the butt section, but the stiff section is incredibly stable and easy to be confident with.

My Callaway Rogue SubZero 3-wood wasn't too forgiving off the deck and the face, despite not using it a lot, was getting soft pretty quick. So I liked the G410/Ventus combo in the driver that I tried it with the 3-wood and I absolutely love it.

**UDI & WEDGES (TaylorMade P790 w/Fujikura Atmos Black, TaylorMade Miled Grind HB 52*, 56* w/Fujikura MCI Wedge shaft)**

og3xsxt5o558.jpeg

vyxw9aevw1pc.jpeg

8ebab1wm3dwx.jpeg

The biggest change to my setup is going from 2-Hybrid/3-Hybrid/52*/60* to a UDI/52*/56*/60* setup. This is due to joining Orange Tree over a year ago. Orange Tree is one of the few courses where using 2-hybrids isn't necessary outside of needing to lay-up off the tee on holes #3, #6, #14 and #18. However, you can't miss left at Orange Tree and the hybrids are too difficult to prevent the hook.

I tried the GAPR Lo for a while, but the GAPR is too light of a head and too upright of a lie angle. So you end up putting in a long shaft to get the weight up and then the club is too upright. So I went with the P790 (2017 version) and had the PGA Tour SS bend the lie angle 1* flat. It works much better, but I do think it's a hair too upright. And the Ping G410 Crossover has me tempted.

The Milled Grind 52* and 56* I'm in love with. I got the perfect grind and bounce. The MCI wedge shafts in these wedges feels fantastic. I carry the 52* 118 yards, the 56* 97 yards and the 60* 75 yards.

**IRONS (Honma TW737P w/KBS $ Taper S+ shafts)

jgijkvaku9bl.jpeg

The TaylorMade P790's had a few problems. For starters, the 8 iron thru PW stunk. I hit my Srixon Z945 w/DG X100 shafts further than I hit the P790 8-iron thru PW. The ball just launches too high with those irons. 4-iron thru 7-iron was quite good, but I don't think the Fujikura Pro 115 shafts were a good fit for me. I launch the ball high anyway and the with a blade iron I think the Fuji's are a great fit. But with the P790's it goes too high.

I saw a set of these Honma TW737P irons (older model) brand new in the PGA Tour SS for $499 and took. I love these irons. However, their quality control is garbage as when I removed the shafts, the head weights were all over the place. But, I got that straightened away and MOI matched and the KBS $ Taper shafts are a great fit for me. I expected to not like the 8-10 irons given my issues with the P790's, but they are actually quite good. The Honma's go just as far as the P790's, flight a little lower and are much softer. Here are my carry distances:

4-iron: 218 yards

5-iron: 206 yards

6-iron: 192 yards

7-iron: 180 yards

8-iron: 168 yards

9-iron: 157 yards

10-iron: 142 yards

**PUTTER (EVNROLL ER 1.2 w/welded flow neck, 35-1/2" BGT Stability Shaft)**

5ei1djdxi7t9.jpeg

I wanted to give the Stability Shaft a shot. I haven't putted that well with the installation of the shaft, but I found that I was gripping the putter too lightly. I've had a problem with gripping it too lightly that was diagnosed by David Orr well before I bought the putter. But the Stability shaft is a little heavier that I"m used to.

I've seen some signs of the Stability shaft working it's magic, particularly on quality strokes. But, I do think it's probably meant more for a heavier, mallet style head than than a lighter blade style head. I plan on playing with this throught he year and if the putting doesn't improve by then I'll go back to the old stepped shaft.

RH

• Like 1

Amazing bag!

WITB 8/5/20
Driver: Taylormade SIM W/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7X
3 Wood: Taylormade M2 TOUR W/ Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7X
3 Iron: PXG 0311X GEN 2 W/ KBS TOUR HYBRID PROTOTYPE 95X
4 iron: Mizuno MP-20 HMB W/ Project X LZ 6.5
5-PW:  Mizuno MP-20 MMC W/ Project X LZ 6.5

50,54,60: Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW W/ Onix Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 34"
Grips: Standard Golf Pride ZGrip Cord (Logo Down) +1 Wrap
Ball: Taylormade TP5x 
Bag: 2018 Navy/ Grey Ping Hoofer Lite 

• 2 months later...

Interesting gap between 10 iron at 43* 142 yds and GW at 52*. (118 yds)

Am I reading that right?

• Like 1

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

• RichieHunt changed the title to Hunt's WITB, Update 1-13-21! Starting off 2021 w/NEW Irons, Wedges and Putter (soon) ALL on Page 5!