2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tourstriker Planemate

The price thing is an obvious hangup, and it was for me too. But when a lesson is going to cost me around $120 for 60 minutes, and I only get that 60 minutes, I consider this thing a pretty good bargain if it's actually effective. The last two lessons I paid for were really not very good, unfortunately, and I got nothing of lasting value from them. If this device acts like a lesson in my backyard, available any time I want it, I'll be pretty happy forking over $165 for it.

Some notes on the quality: it's definitely more than a few straps of Velcro and plastic. The belt part is some pretty hefty, substantial-feeling material, almost like a boxing belt, and the rail is made of some sort of metal. The whole unit definitely SEEMS like quality stuff. My biggest concern is with the part that clips to your club. I felt like I had to screw it on pretty tightly for it to not move, so I'm a bit worried that I'll eventually strip the screw hole.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Ordered mine at 10AM, received confirmation of shipping and FedEx tracking number 2 hours later:)

Part of what sold me, besides all the testimonials here, is how professionally done the videos were and how instructive. Even the unboxing seemed a bit dummy proof.

Hoping this finally gets me to shallow a bit more.

Just ordered mine. Been reeallly grinding lately on my short irons and wedges with the feeling of relaxing the arms, shallowing and turning. Getting really good results without any help of the training aid, so I think results will get even better and help me translate that to a more full swing with longer clubs, because that's where I struggle the most.

> @Schnee said:

> > @airjammer said:

> > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> >

> >

>

> Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

>

> I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

>

> It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

>

>

Thanks for sharing. One question: is there a reason your followup through looks very low (not shoulder height)?

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @Schnee said:

> > > @airjammer said:

> > > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

> >

> > I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

> >

> > It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

> >

> >

>

> Thanks for sharing. One question: is there a reason your followup through looks very low (not shoulder height)?

Was using the pitching band, and it’s got a lot of tension for me in the follow through. My swing tends to finish pretty low left as it is.

> @Schnee said:

> > @airjammer said:

> > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> >

> >

>

> Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

>

> I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

>

> It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

>

> https://youtu.be/

Interested in your thoughts about rotation. Matt from TXG made it seem like the hands follow behind the body by a fair amount, but your swing seems to be slightly more matched up with the arms only slightly behind the rotation. I am closer to you than I am Matt.

Either way I am striking the hell out of the ball, but just trying to train the right feels.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Been living on protocol 1 & 2 till I feel like I have the feels down before progressing forward. This is day 3 of going through the day 1 & 2 protocols. I still feel like I could rotate a bit more. That said, I battle being too flat and this is a huge improvement over what my swing used to look like and contact was pure as hell.

• Like 1

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @Schnee said:

> > > @airjammer said:

> > > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

> >

> > I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

> >

> > It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

> >

> > https://youtu.be/

>

> Interested in your thoughts about rotation. Matt from TXG made it seem like the hands follow behind the body by a fair amount, but your swing seems to be slightly more matched up with the arms only slightly behind the rotation. I am closer to you than I am Matt.

>

> Either way I am striking the **** out of the ball, but just trying to train the right feels.

I tend to be too wide in the downswing with my arms too far behind. It makes me too shallow, resulting in thin shots and very little to no divot on mishits. I’m trying to be more synced up. I dont like the idea of my arms trailing too much for my own swing.

• Like 1

> @Schnee said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @Schnee said:

> > > > @airjammer said:

> > > > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

> > >

> > > I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

> > >

> > > It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

> > >

> > > https://youtu.be/

> >

> > Interested in your thoughts about rotation. Matt from TXG made it seem like the hands follow behind the body by a fair amount, but your swing seems to be slightly more matched up with the arms only slightly behind the rotation. I am closer to you than I am Matt.

> >

> > Either way I am striking the **** out of the ball, but just trying to train the right feels.

>

> I tend to be too wide in the downswing with my arms too far behind. It makes me too shallow, resulting in thin shots and very little to no divot on mishits. I’m trying to be more synced up. I dont like the idea of my arms trailing too much for my own swing.

>

Sounds like my swing, my miss is pick city. I dream of a vertical swing plane and bacon strip divots.

> @Schnee said:

> I tend to be too wide in the downswing with my arms too far behind. It makes me too shallow, resulting in thin shots and very little to no divot on mishits. I’m trying to be more synced up. I dont like the idea of my arms trailing too much for my own swing.

When I did my Wright Balance fitting, the fitter laid my stance ruler down with the ball in place. Maybe 3/4" closer to the ball than my normal stance with GW. I never take a divot. I took three swings in a row with GW at my "optimal" stance width, and took three perfectly uniform divots about the width of a Hershey bar.

So, maybe stand a shade closer. If anything else, you'll need new lie angles. And, you know, with cost of club adjustments being what they are, you might just be better off with new clubs. You haven't had anything new in awhile, anyway. Just sayin'... ; )

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @Schnee said:

> > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > > @Schnee said:

> > > > > @airjammer said:

> > > > > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

> > > >

> > > > I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

> > > >

> > > > It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

> > > >

> > > > https://youtu.be/

> > >

> > > Interested in your thoughts about rotation. Matt from TXG made it seem like the hands follow behind the body by a fair amount, but your swing seems to be slightly more matched up with the arms only slightly behind the rotation. I am closer to you than I am Matt.

> > >

> > > Either way I am striking the **** out of the ball, but just trying to train the right feels.

> >

> > I tend to be too wide in the downswing with my arms too far behind. It makes me too shallow, resulting in thin shots and very little to no divot on mishits. I’m trying to be more synced up. I dont like the idea of my arms trailing too much for my own swing.

> >

>

> Sounds like my swing, my miss is pick city. I dream of a vertical swing plane and bacon strip divots.

Same, my issues start with the take away and cascade from there with a poor pivot. I have been struggling to ingrain a proper take away for months now, so the instant feedback the PM provides has already started to show. It's worth the $$ alone for me if it fixes that and only that. I only got through day 3 of the protocol before going on vacation but hit some silly drives in the 2 rounds I played

> @Krt22 said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @Schnee said:

> > > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > > > @Schnee said:

> > > > > > @airjammer said:

> > > > > > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

> > > > >

> > > > > I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://youtu.be/

> > > >

> > > > Interested in your thoughts about rotation. Matt from TXG made it seem like the hands follow behind the body by a fair amount, but your swing seems to be slightly more matched up with the arms only slightly behind the rotation. I am closer to you than I am Matt.

> > > >

> > > > Either way I am striking the **** out of the ball, but just trying to train the right feels.

> > >

> > > I tend to be too wide in the downswing with my arms too far behind. It makes me too shallow, resulting in thin shots and very little to no divot on mishits. I’m trying to be more synced up. I dont like the idea of my arms trailing too much for my own swing.

> > >

> >

> > Sounds like my swing, my miss is pick city. I dream of a vertical swing plane and bacon strip divots.

>

> Same, my issues start with the take away and cascade from there with a poor pivot. I have been struggling to ingrain a proper take away for months now, so the instant feedback the PM provides has already started to show. It's worth the $$ alone for me if it fixes that and only that. I only got through day 3 of the protocol before going on vacation but hit some silly drives in the 2 rounds I played

Is silly a good thing in this case? lol

I should get mine late next week.

Yes, very good. Had been struggling ugly heel shots for weeks. Easily had the best 2 days in a row of driving in some time, quite a few 300+ (aided by Hawaiian trade winds). I had gotten so used to the feel of the heel, when I hit one hi-toe I thought it was a pop up that went no where but instead it went forever.

• Like 1

As someone who used to appraise intellectual property (patents, trademarks, software, etc.) i just want to express appreciation and admiration to Martin for his ingenuity. The acceptance shown on this thread from a forum for hard-core golfers speaks volumes about the product’s efficacy.

That said, having bought one, the feel (pitching band) is just weird. Need more reps...

> @games said:

> As someone who used to appraise intellectual property (patents, trademarks, software, etc.) i just want to express appreciation and admiration to Martin for his ingenuity. The acceptance shown on this thread from a forum for hard-core golfers speaks volumes about the product’s efficacy.

>

> That said, having bought one, the feel (pitching band) is just weird. Need more reps...

Don’t be afraid to live amongst the first few protocols for a while, you will be rewarded for it if you are having difficulties learning the feels. I have had it for over a week, I have done protocols 1-3 everyday and then 50 balls without the band. My ball striking has been greatly improved and my short game which was really good before is approaching great.

I will start day 4 protocols tomorrow.

• Like 1

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @games said:

> > As someone who used to appraise intellectual property (patents, trademarks, software, etc.) i just want to express appreciation and admiration to Martin for his ingenuity. The acceptance shown on this thread from a forum for hard-core golfers speaks volumes about the product’s efficacy.

> >

> > That said, having bought one, the feel (pitching band) is just weird. Need more reps...

>

> Don’t be afraid to live amongst the first few protocols for a while, you will be rewarded for it if you are having difficulties learning the feels. I have had it for over a week, I have done protocols 1-3 everyday and then 50 balls without the band. My ball striking has been greatly improved and my short game which was really good before is approaching great.

>

> I will start day 4 protocols tomorrow.

This is what I need to do! I think 1-3 are so key to developing a good foundation. I’ll jump up and slap the standard band on and hit some terrible shots, then go back to the short band, work with that for 30 balls or so then all of a sudden the great shots come back. Golf is hard lol.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Where I started:

5d0kdcrn058w.png

Where I was after 2 days on the PlaneMate on the bottom (blue shirt), and the top (green shirt) is after the day 3 protocol in 1 weeks worth of work.

ak64vghmj0rd.png

Pretty amazing to get that consistent and vertical with improved shallowing and rotation in one week of purposeful practice.

• Like 3

> @Krt22 said:

> > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > @Buckets2 said:

> > > Im a scratch player and ordered one after seeing the TXG guys try one out. Figure I can sell it for $20 loss after a few weeks if I don't like.

> >

> > I noticed when watching both of them also having pitches leak right kind of like what I mentioned earlier in the thread. Wondering why that is...

>

> So far i have not had that issue doing just the pitching drills, if anything I tend to pull them a tad.

>

> I’m not the typical over the top slicer, instead more the dumped under stall flipper and it so far does seem to help with my rotation

Yeah I'm just not sure. > @GolfChannel said:

> Where I started:

> 5d0kdcrn058w.png

> Where I was after 2 days on the PlaneMate on the bottom (blue shirt), and the top (green shirt) is after the day 3 protocol in 1 weeks worth of work.

> ak64vghmj0rd.png

>

> Pretty amazing to get that consistent and vertical with improved shallowing and rotation in one week of purposeful practice.

Excellent work man. I think I am even a bit more flatter than you were going back. I was going to ask if anyone is finding this helps with flat shoulder turn, lack of wrist set/wrist rolling but your results seem to answer that. Anything in particular you found while practicing with it or from the training protocol videos that helped you get much more vertical?

> @mulliganman30 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > @Buckets2 said:

> > > > Im a scratch player and ordered one after seeing the TXG guys try one out. Figure I can sell it for $20 loss after a few weeks if I don't like.

> > >

> > > I noticed when watching both of them also having pitches leak right kind of like what I mentioned earlier in the thread. Wondering why that is...

> >

> > So far i have not had that issue doing just the pitching drills, if anything I tend to pull them a tad.

> >

> > I’m not the typical over the top slicer, instead more the dumped under stall flipper and it so far does seem to help with my rotation

>

> Yeah I'm just not sure. > @GolfChannel said:

> > Where I started:

> > 5d0kdcrn058w.png

> > Where I was after 2 days on the PlaneMate on the bottom (blue shirt), and the top (green shirt) is after the day 3 protocol in 1 weeks worth of work.

> > ak64vghmj0rd.png

> >

> > Pretty amazing to get that consistent and vertical with improved shallowing and rotation in one week of purposeful practice.

>

> Excellent work man. I think I am even a bit more flatter than you were going back. I was going to ask if anyone is finding this helps with flat shoulder turn, lack of wrist set/wrist rolling but your results seem to answer that. Anything in particular you found while practicing with it or from the training protocol videos that helped you get much more vertical?

Nothing, but protocol 3 was super helpful with getting vertical.

Got mine recently after seeing it on TXG. _Really_ like this so far.

Question for y'all that have it: do you find the belt sliding up your waist to your abs once you get to about 3/4 of a swing? It's on nice and snug to start but as soon as my right arm (I'm a lefty) gets parallel, the belts slides up to my abs. I'm thin (30" waist) so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

> @LeftyBobby said:

> Got mine recently after seeing it on TXG. _Really_ like this so far.

> Question for y'all that have it: do you find the belt sliding up your waist to your abs once you get to about 3/4 of a swing? It's on nice and snug to start but as soon as my right arm (I'm a lefty) gets parallel, the belts slides up to my abs. I'm thin (30" waist) so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Maybe Tourstriker could market you some doughnuts

• Like 1

I've managed to find one so working through it all now.

Just to check, after doing the full 7 days on the short band, do you simply go back to day 1 with the next size up and keep rinse and repeating till you've got the third band? So there's only 7 videos that you continually work through?

Has anyone had this long enough yet to progress to the hardest band and what do you see/notice?

• Like 2

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > > @Buckets2 said:

> > > > > Im a scratch player and ordered one after seeing the TXG guys try one out. Figure I can sell it for $20 loss after a few weeks if I don't like.

> > > >

> > > > I noticed when watching both of them also having pitches leak right kind of like what I mentioned earlier in the thread. Wondering why that is...

> > >

> > > So far i have not had that issue doing just the pitching drills, if anything I tend to pull them a tad.

> > >

> > > I’m not the typical over the top slicer, instead more the dumped under stall flipper and it so far does seem to help with my rotation

> >

> > Yeah I'm just not sure. > @GolfChannel said:

> > > Where I started:

> > > 5d0kdcrn058w.png

> > > Where I was after 2 days on the PlaneMate on the bottom (blue shirt), and the top (green shirt) is after the day 3 protocol in 1 weeks worth of work.

> > > ak64vghmj0rd.png

> > >

> > > Pretty amazing to get that consistent and vertical with improved shallowing and rotation in one week of purposeful practice.

> >

> > Excellent work man. I think I am even a bit more flatter than you were going back. I was going to ask if anyone is finding this helps with flat shoulder turn, lack of wrist set/wrist rolling but your results seem to answer that. Anything in particular you found while practicing with it or from the training protocol videos that helped you get much more vertical?

>

> Nothing, but protocol 3 was super helpful with getting vertical.

That’s great. Just a little surprised it’s Protocol 3 doing for you since it’s just introducing letting slack back into the band