2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Also @"Snell Golf" the visors look great and I'll buy one as soon as I'm gainfully employed again...

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @"Go_Blue!" said:

> > @kejoal11 said:

> > I switched to Snells with the original MTB. I now have 8 dozen of the MTB Black and 8 dozen of the MTB-X. I have 4 in white and 4 in yellow of each. I play the MTB-X on firm greens and the MTB Black on soft greens. I am so in love with the Snell Golf Balls that I dont look at another brand. I still have 2 dozen of the second iteration of the MTB. I have had about 6 of my golf buddies make the switch and have had people I get paired up with when I go out alone buy some and love them. I have my only hole in one with MTB Black. The only Snell ball that did not like was the MTB Red and Dean has made up for it with the MTB-X.

>

> Why do you need 16 dozen golf balls?

>

If you must know. I am stationed in Japan for the next 3 years. US brands are hard to find here or outrageously priced. I chose to buy that many balls because one I can afford it and two was to ensure that I don’t run out of balls while I’m out here. I also like to hand a sleeve or two out to people that want to try them after they see what I play and are curious as to what a Snell ball is. Did my answer satisfy your question?

>

>

• Like 4

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

> @titleistek said:

> > @kejoal11 said:

> > I switched to Snells with the original MTB. I now have 8 dozen of the MTB Black and 8 dozen of the MTB-X. I have 4 in white and 4 in yellow of each. I play the MTB-X on firm greens and the MTB Black on soft greens. I am so in love with the Snell Golf Balls that I dont look at another brand. I still have 2 dozen of the second iteration of the MTB. I have had about 6 of my golf buddies make the switch and have had people I get paired up with when I go out alone buy some and love them. I have my only hole in one with MTB Black. The only Snell ball that did not like was the MTB Red and Dean has made up for it with the MTB-X.

>

> How come you did not like the MTB red?

It spun way too much for me off the driver and woods. Nothing like the MTB Black or now MTB-X.

In My Bag

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

my son who just did a ball test-

Subjective Observation -Pitch, Chip and Putt - Outdoors

Data Driven -Full 60*, 7 Iron and driver. - Indoors on Trackman

He says the MTB-X was his favorite/best performing by a small margin over the Z-Star XV, then reg ProV1, The ProV1X which he has played a lot in the past was his worst performer, but we are not talking about large variances either.

FWIW

Titleist Tsr2 9*

PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 15*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Ping i210 5-P (26*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

I still think the ProV1x in yellow is my favorite ball, but Snell at their pricing makes it too hard to refuse. I do very much enjoy my MTB-X

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I've been playing the Snell MTB-X since the early part of June. Today I decided to try the Bridgestone Tour B X just because they are on sale for $ 34.99 a dozen. I've played the Tour B RX in the past and really like it, but I switched to the MTB-X because it was longer distance wise. I have gotten a few balls that went left or right without explanation, but all in all, the MTB-X has been a really great ball.

I only played 9 holes with the Tour B X today but was pleasantly surprised. I didn't seem to lose any distance over the MTB-X. It felt a little different so it might take a few rounds to get used to that feel, but it was very comparable. This is a 9 hole course that I played on today and I've played it many, many times so I know how far I can hit off the driver and long irons. On one hole, I decided to hit an MTB-X in addition to the Tour B X that I was playing for the entire round. I just wanted to see how it compared distance wise. I hit the Tour B X a little left of the fairway so I didn't get much run out at all. I next hit the MTB-X and my playing partners thought I caught it a little better than the Tour B X. It landed in the fairway and ran what looked to be about 10 yards. When I got up to the Tour B X, I was really surprised to see that it was about 12 yards longer than the MTB-X.

I'm going to play another round with the Tour B X tomorrow and see it performs as well. BTW, the feel off the putter was very pleasant and it seemed to roll just a little further than the MTB-X when struck with the same force. Anyone else compared these two balls?

> @jjfcpa said:

> I've been playing the Snell MTB-X since the early part of June. Today I decided to try the Bridgestone Tour B X just because they are on sale for $ 34.99 a dozen. I've played the Tour B RX in the past and really like it, but I switched to the MTB-X because it was longer distance wise. I have gotten a few balls that went left or right without explanation, but all in all, the MTB-X has been a really great ball.

>

> I only played 9 holes with the Tour B X today but was pleasantly surprised. I didn't seem to lose any distance over the MTB-X. It felt a little different so it might take a few rounds to get used to that feel, but it was very comparable. This is a 9 hole course that I played on today and I've played it many, many times so I know how far I can hit off the driver and long irons. On one hole, I decided to hit an MTB-X in addition to the Tour B X that I was playing for the entire round. I just wanted to see how it compared distance wise. I hit the Tour B X a little left of the fairway so I didn't get much run out at all. I next hit the MTB-X and my playing partners thought I caught it a little better than the Tour B X. It landed in the fairway and ran what looked to be about 10 yards. When I got up to the Tour B X, I was really surprised to see that it was about 12 yards longer than the MTB-X.

>

> I'm going to play another round with the Tour B X tomorrow and see it performs as well. BTW, the feel off the putter was very pleasant and it seemed to roll just a little further than the MTB-X when struck with the same force. Anyone else compared these two balls?

I'm actually gaming the B X for a dozen for the same reason... I needed some balls and didn't want to wait for them to be shipped. I think I prefer the MTB Black to the B X... but I wasn't swinging great yesterday. I'm planning on playing two balls today on the front nine, so I will compare them directly (kindof... I'm playing one ball aggressively and one ball conservatively and seeing what works best on my home course).

I think my general overall conclusion is: Find a ball you like, and play it. All the balls perform differently, and it's less about finding the PERFECT golf ball than it is finding one that performs consistently on the course.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @jjfcpa said:

> I've been playing the Snell MTB-X since the early part of June. Today I decided to try the Bridgestone Tour B X just because they are on sale for $ 34.99 a dozen. I've played the Tour B RX in the past and really like it, but I switched to the MTB-X because it was longer distance wise. I have gotten a few balls that went left or right without explanation, but all in all, the MTB-X has been a really great ball.

>

> I only played 9 holes with the Tour B X today but was pleasantly surprised. I didn't seem to lose any distance over the MTB-X. It felt a little different so it might take a few rounds to get used to that feel, but it was very comparable. This is a 9 hole course that I played on today and I've played it many, many times so I know how far I can hit off the driver and long irons. On one hole, I decided to hit an MTB-X in addition to the Tour B X that I was playing for the entire round. I just wanted to see how it compared distance wise. I hit the Tour B X a little left of the fairway so I didn't get much run out at all. I next hit the MTB-X and my playing partners thought I caught it a little better than the Tour B X. It landed in the fairway and ran what looked to be about 10 yards. When I got up to the Tour B X, I was really surprised to see that it was about 12 yards longer than the MTB-X.

>

> I'm going to play another round with the Tour B X tomorrow and see it performs as well. BTW, the feel off the putter was very pleasant and it seemed to roll just a little further than the MTB-X when struck with the same force. Anyone else compared these two balls?

I played through a dozen of the Bridgestone Tour BX and Tour BXS, at the time, I previously played Snell Red for about 6 months.

I thought the Tour BX and BXS were very close in performance/feel with the edge going to the Tour BX for me.

Then I compared vs Snell MTB-X. In the end I decided on Snell MTB-X, but would not complain if I went with the Tour BX.

Both had a similar feel / results off the putter. I felt the MTB-X was a bit longer off the tee and it checked up/spun a bit more than the Tour BX on approach shots. Cost was a few bucks less than the Bridgestones - but that was more of a bonus than a driving factor.

These two are really good competitors IMO - can't go wrong with either.

Been playing the MTB-X for about 5 months now and have zero complaints, really enjoying them.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

> @monkeyboy said:

> > @jjfcpa said:

> > I've been playing the Snell MTB-X since the early part of June. Today I decided to try the Bridgestone Tour B X just because they are on sale for $ 34.99 a dozen. I've played the Tour B RX in the past and really like it, but I switched to the MTB-X because it was longer distance wise. I have gotten a few balls that went left or right without explanation, but all in all, the MTB-X has been a really great ball.

> >

> > I only played 9 holes with the Tour B X today but was pleasantly surprised. I didn't seem to lose any distance over the MTB-X. It felt a little different so it might take a few rounds to get used to that feel, but it was very comparable. This is a 9 hole course that I played on today and I've played it many, many times so I know how far I can hit off the driver and long irons. On one hole, I decided to hit an MTB-X in addition to the Tour B X that I was playing for the entire round. I just wanted to see how it compared distance wise. I hit the Tour B X a little left of the fairway so I didn't get much run out at all. I next hit the MTB-X and my playing partners thought I caught it a little better than the Tour B X. It landed in the fairway and ran what looked to be about 10 yards. When I got up to the Tour B X, I was really surprised to see that it was about 12 yards longer than the MTB-X.

> >

> > I'm going to play another round with the Tour B X tomorrow and see it performs as well. BTW, the feel off the putter was very pleasant and it seemed to roll just a little further than the MTB-X when struck with the same force. Anyone else compared these two balls?

>

> I played through a dozen of the Bridgestone Tour BX and Tour BXS, at the time, I previously played Snell Red for about 6 months.

> I thought the Tour BX and BXS were very close in performance/feel with the edge going to the Tour BX for me.

> Then I compared vs Snell MTB-X. In the end I decided on Snell MTB-X, but would not complain if I went with the Tour BX.

> Both had a similar feel / results off the putter. I felt the MTB-X was a bit longer off the tee and it checked up/spun a bit more than the Tour BX on approach shots. Cost was a few bucks less than the Bridgestones - but that was more of a bonus than a driving factor.

> These two are really good competitors IMO - can't go wrong with either.

> Been playing the MTB-X for about 5 months now and have zero complaints, really enjoying them.

Played a 2nd 9 holes with the Tour B X and I've decided that I will go back to the MTB-X. I don't think it is quite as long as the MTB-X and the previous comparison was an errant swing that left the MTB-X a little shorter. I think it comes down to feel off the wedges and irons. I really like the feeling I get when hitting the MTB-X compared to the B X. The B X is a much harsher feeling ball while the MTB-X just feels solid without feeling harsh. Putting is very close. Feel is pretty much the same and I could play with either one. Driver is about the same but the edge to the MTB-X using woods and hybrids. I could probably play the B X, but then why play a ball that is 2nd best. MTB-X is going back in the bag.

• Like 1

> @kejoal11 said:

> > @"Go_Blue!" said:

> > > @kejoal11 said:

> > > I switched to Snells with the original MTB. I now have 8 dozen of the MTB Black and 8 dozen of the MTB-X. I have 4 in white and 4 in yellow of each. I play the MTB-X on firm greens and the MTB Black on soft greens. I am so in love with the Snell Golf Balls that I dont look at another brand. I still have 2 dozen of the second iteration of the MTB. I have had about 6 of my golf buddies make the switch and have had people I get paired up with when I go out alone buy some and love them. I have my only hole in one with MTB Black. The only Snell ball that did not like was the MTB Red and Dean has made up for it with the MTB-X.

> >

> > Why do you need 16 dozen golf balls?

> >

> If you must know. I am stationed in Japan for the next 3 years. US brands are hard to find here or outrageously priced. I chose to buy that many balls because one I can afford it and two was to ensure that I don’t run out of balls while I’m out here. I also like to hand a sleeve or two out to people that want to try them after they see what I play and are curious as to what a Snell ball is. Did my answer satisfy your question?

> >

> >

>

>

First of all, thank you for the service.

I figure you had to hoard balls when I noticed your location in your profile.

• Like 1

> @flushem said:

> Dean, is there any retail store selling MTB's in Southern Cal area?

I know Big 5 has bought product in the past.. not sure if they are still selling them or are sold out... amazon also in CA has bought some and ship prime in day or two.. we also have free two day express shipping to CA as well... there are a few stores in the LA area that also have bought in the past as well...

> @"Snell Golf" said:

> > @flushem said:

> > Dean, is there any retail store selling MTB's in Southern Cal area?

>

> I know Big 5 has bought product in the past.. not sure if they are still selling them or are sold out... amazon also in CA has bought some and ship prime in day or two.. we also have free two day express shipping to CA as well... there are a few stores in the LA area that also have bought in the past as well...

I was hoping BIg 5 resumes selling MTB's but I guess not.

> @kejoal11 said:

> > @titleistek said:

> > > @kejoal11 said:

> > > I switched to Snells with the original MTB. I now have 8 dozen of the MTB Black and 8 dozen of the MTB-X. I have 4 in white and 4 in yellow of each. I play the MTB-X on firm greens and the MTB Black on soft greens. I am so in love with the Snell Golf Balls that I dont look at another brand. I still have 2 dozen of the second iteration of the MTB. I have had about 6 of my golf buddies make the switch and have had people I get paired up with when I go out alone buy some and love them. I have my only hole in one with MTB Black. The only Snell ball that did not like was the MTB Red and Dean has made up for it with the MTB-X.

> >

> > How come you did not like the MTB red?

>

> It spun way too much for me off the driver and woods. Nothing like the MTB Black or now MTB-X.

That was one of the issues we had with the MTB RED ball.. The ball did have slightly higher driver spin, which makes the ball shorter for most players... That, combined with durability issues of the TPU cover, made us go back to the thermoset urethane cover.. we are able to make the covers thin, durable, and lower the driver spin.... as you may have seen from a lot of the testing reported, the MTB X ball is very fast in speed, the driver spin is low, and the ball is very long off the tee.

> @"Snell Golf" said:

> > @kejoal11 said:

> > > @titleistek said:

> > > > @kejoal11 said:

> > > > I switched to Snells with the original MTB. I now have 8 dozen of the MTB Black and 8 dozen of the MTB-X. I have 4 in white and 4 in yellow of each. I play the MTB-X on firm greens and the MTB Black on soft greens. I am so in love with the Snell Golf Balls that I dont look at another brand. I still have 2 dozen of the second iteration of the MTB. I have had about 6 of my golf buddies make the switch and have had people I get paired up with when I go out alone buy some and love them. I have my only hole in one with MTB Black. The only Snell ball that did not like was the MTB Red and Dean has made up for it with the MTB-X.

> > >

> > > How come you did not like the MTB red?

> >

> > It spun way too much for me off the driver and woods. Nothing like the MTB Black or now MTB-X.

>

> That was one of the issues we had with the MTB RED ball.. The ball did have slightly higher driver spin, which makes the ball shorter for most players... That, combined with durability issues of the TPU cover, made us go back to the thermoset urethane cover.. we are able to make the covers thin, durable, and lower the driver spin.... as you may have seen from a lot of the testing reported, the MTB X ball is very fast in speed, the driver spin is low, and the ball is very long off the tee.

Yes that is what I experienced with the MTB Red. You have more than overcome that with the MTB-X. great ball that wont be leaving my bag anytime soon. Thank you Dean for such a great ball!!!

In My Bag

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

I got out on the course with the MTB-X for the first time last night. I like getting out and walking 9 after work with a buddy, beer in hand. So, it's casual and I'm not that focused on the details. But, I started noticing good things with this ball right away. First drive, like the others, was pretty high. But, it was also pretty long. Seemed like the ball launches high with little spin. With the irons the ball did exactly what I asked from it. Was able to work a fade from the rough (ahem...yeah. needed that once or twice). Hit a couple in low with spin, getting it to stop. Only had a couple short shots around the greens and it was fine. On my last hole my buddy had dropped off, my beer was empty and I got focused. This hole is a long, straight, narrow par 5 that looms on us. I decided to focus and put a good swing on the ball. Once again, off the driver it was pretty high...and just kept going and going. There are two fairway bunkers on the right side and they are well placed in my landing zone - normally. I've never been past them. This time I was right in the middle of the fairway, 21 paces past the bunkers.

Lately I've been gaming the Srixons and in having a fondness with the XV I thought this ball would be good. It is. I have moved my driver ball position up lately and, given this trajectory, will ease it back a little again. Certainly sticking with this ball. And, I've been a small-business man in the past so I like to buy from Snell. Something about a guy who works hard to master his trade and kicks ass. And, the price is fantastic.

Tested the X out for the past month and half and great ball but just too firm. Have been blown away by the TP5. Everything the MTB-X is but amazing feel.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

I've been playing the MBTX in place of the ProV1x, and I can't tell any difference. I played with a young guy that is going to the Korn Ferry Q School. He is a Titleist player, and he hit the Snell several times, and he thought it very similar to the Titleist. I play with our club champ three times per week, and a few weeks ago I gave him A MBTX, and he is switching from PROV1x to the MBTx, and ordered 5 dozen. I've been very happy with the Snell ball.

I just ordered my test pack of Black and X. I liked Black when I played it last year, but because I love torturing myself in the spirit of finding the “perfect” ball, I spent most of this year testing different balls. When this shipment arrives it will be my first time playing MTB-X, which I’m excited to try out.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

> @caniac6 said:

> I've been playing the MBTX in place of the ProV1x, and I can't tell any difference. I played with a young guy that is going to the Korn Ferry Q School. He is a Titleist player, and he hit the Snell several times, and he thought it very similar to the Titleist. I play with our club champ three times per week, and a few weeks ago I gave him A MBTX, and he is switching from PROV1x to the MBTx, and ordered 5 dozen. I've been very happy with the Snell ball.

thanks for the feedback...The MTB X has been testing quite well against all the major brands this year...and remember this design was based on feedback from a lot of players on this forum, so thanks for the support.

The mtb-x is awesome. Decided to try some earlier this year and have been very satisfied. I've played mostly prov1 and prov1x. Like the feel of prov1 but I've liked that the x spins a little more and might be longer off the driver. I think the mtb-x is the best of both worlds. Long off the driver, spins as much as any ball I've played around the greens, and feels better than prov1x. Even if the prices were the same, I think I'd play the mtb-x over anything now.

For those of you who play the MTB Black as opposed to the MTB X do you notice it being a lower ball flight off the driver with less spin (side spin and/or backspin)? I know and appreciate that Dean wants us to fit the golf balls to 150 and in, but lately I've not enjoyed the window I see the ball going through with the driver. Not a huge deal and will probably buy another test pack at some point but I'm working through my 6 dozen MTB X and am being nitpicky.

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

> @jjmurry said:

> For those of you who play the MTB Black as opposed to the MTB X do you notice it being a lower ball flight off the driver with less spin (side spin and/or backspin)? I know and appreciate that Dean wants us to fit the golf balls to 150 and in, but lately I've not enjoyed the window I see the ball going through with the driver. Not a huge deal and will probably buy another test pack at some point but I'm working through my 6 dozen MTB X and am being nitpicky.

Not sure about spin but my buddy who uses MTB Black does seem to get a slightly low driver flight with them. He's got more clubhead speed and hits it higher than me no matter what ball he plays but the MTB Black is lower for him than some other balls. Nothing major though.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @jjmurry said:

> > For those of you who play the MTB Black as opposed to the MTB X do you notice it being a lower ball flight off the driver with less spin (side spin and/or backspin)? I know and appreciate that Dean wants us to fit the golf balls to 150 and in, but lately I've not enjoyed the window I see the ball going through with the driver. Not a huge deal and will probably buy another test pack at some point but I'm working through my 6 dozen MTB X and am being nitpicky.

>

> Not sure about spin but my buddy who uses MTB Black does seem to get a slightly low driver flight with them. He's got more clubhead speed and hits it higher than me no matter what ball he plays but the MTB Black is lower for him than some other balls. Nothing major though.

Major reason why I stick to Black is the driver flight. X is straight but Black is straighter for me. definitely, no ballooning.

> @flushem said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @jjmurry said:

> > > For those of you who play the MTB Black as opposed to the MTB X do you notice it being a lower ball flight off the driver with less spin (side spin and/or backspin)? I know and appreciate that Dean wants us to fit the golf balls to 150 and in, but lately I've not enjoyed the window I see the ball going through with the driver. Not a huge deal and will probably buy another test pack at some point but I'm working through my 6 dozen MTB X and am being nitpicky.

> >

> > Not sure about spin but my buddy who uses MTB Black does seem to get a slightly low driver flight with them. He's got more clubhead speed and hits it higher than me no matter what ball he plays but the MTB Black is lower for him than some other balls. Nothing major though.

>

> Major reason why I stick to Black is the driver flight. X is straight but Black is straighter for me. definitely, no ballooning.

Thanks to you both! This is what I remembered from when I played the Black a few years ago. I got caught up in the hype of the 5-10 extra yards from the X so I think I'll go back to the Black at some point. Just give me straight and low lasers all day long please!

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

> @jjmurry said:

> For those of you who play the MTB Black as opposed to the MTB X do you notice it being a lower ball flight off the driver with less spin (side spin and/or backspin)? I know and appreciate that Dean wants us to fit the golf balls to 150 and in, but lately I've not enjoyed the window I see the ball going through with the driver. Not a huge deal and will probably buy another test pack at some point but I'm working through my 6 dozen MTB X and am being nitpicky.

Yes, all my long clubs had lower ball trajectory with black .

I also found a somewhat low trajectory (Pro V1-like as opposed to Pro V1x for example) in the original MTB. Didn't want to comment initially as I have no experience with MTB Black. But it's sounding very similar from hearing you guys discuss it.

My friend, who I mentioned earlier, does like the driver flight he gets. He's the sort who really doesn't like to see the ball go super high off the driver, preferring to make sure it can land and run some. I personally will take all the height I can get!