A warning before buying a vessel bag

3wood

> @johnabreen said:

> There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

Sounds like there’s a good number in this thread that would disagree with your “nobody has a better bag... and it’s not even close” statement.

And, I’ve never even considered having to go to the length to strap a bag in that you do. Sounds like a good way to bend or break something in the leg assembly.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @GoIrish17 said:

> So, I’m curious to hear more about the construction of the new bag you received. It’s made out of different materials? Like, same bag, completely different materials? Was it a factory second, or they knew that the model you had previously had design flaws and have changed materials? It sounds like you got the same bag back but one made with less expensive materials. Kind of like buying a regular old bag, but paying for a premium one.

>

> Im curious more for sh*ts and giggles than anything - I’d never consider a bag from Vessel after reading this. I’ll just stick to Ping Hoofers moving forward. Never had a problem with them and I know what kind of customer service I’d get from Ping if I ever needed it. Thanks for making shopping for my next bag easier, I am just about due too.

The material is softer than my previous bag and doesn’t feel as durable as before(which wasn’t). I think it might’ve been a sample bag they had sitting around or they could’ve changed since I got mine. I’ll definitely be getting a ping as well. Ping has a pocket for the cart strap. If vessel did that it would solve the problem.

> @johnabreen said:

> There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

I can’t even imagine what you’re describing. If you placed the bag in the cart and only put it through the legs, the bag would be hanging a foot off of the back of the “cart bracket”. Not to mention, the legs are meant to move in the same direction that you’re strapping them. Seems like the entire bag would be susceptible to falling off of the cart if the legs extended. I have never seen anyone do this, nor should there be a reason to.

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

> @TIM929 said:

> > @johnabreen said:

> > There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

>

> Can you please post a picture of this technique?

I might be wrong, but I’m assuming he means the bag rides the same as normal. But, rather than wrap the cart strap all the way around the bag, you snake it behind the bag under the legs (so the strap would be between the stand assembly legs and the bag) So you’re more or less strapping the leg assembly in and not the bag, the cart strap never really touches the bag except under the legs. Or, this is what I am picturing that he meant, I could be way off.

It sounds like a ridiculous workaround, and one that I would really hate when it’s cart path only and I’m unstrapping my bag to walk to just about every shot. It’s certainly not something I’d expect to do if I spent Vessel money on a bag. I’d expect them to have considered carts when designing a golf bag.

And, I use my ClicGear for 90% of my rounds. Is that something I would have to worry about - wear at the top and bottom where the bag contacts the cart?

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @GoIrish17 said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > > @johnabreen said:

> > > There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

> >

> > Can you please post a picture of this technique?

>

> I might be wrong, but I’m assuming he means the bag rides the same as normal. But, rather than wrap the cart strap all the way around the bag, you snake it behind the bag under the legs (so the strap would be between the stand assembly legs and the bag) So you’re more or less strapping the leg assembly in and not the bag, the cart strap never really touches the bag except under the legs. Or, this is what I am picturing that he meant, I could be way off.

>

> It sounds like a ridiculous workaround, and one that I would really hate when it’s cart path only and I’m unstrapping my bag to walk to just about every shot. It’s certainly not something I’d expect to do if I spent Vessel money on a bag. I’d expect them to have considered carts when designing a golf bag.

>

> And, I use my ClicGear for 90% of my rounds. Is that something I would have to worry about - wear at the top and bottom where the bag contacts the cart?

>

>

I was picturing this is what he meant as well.

But, imagine? The top 1/2 to a 1/4 of your bag hanging off the back of the cart.. hit and bump and the bottom half bounces off the rack only to hang by the hinges.

Different courses use different carts but some of the cart I use, rip it off the start and there are moments when you see your ball in a unexpected location and smash the brakes.

I’ve mentioned before I have a PXG stand bag made by vessel. I’m sure it’s different material because I have zero issues with the fake leather, but the screws that held the legs together went MIA just from regular cart use.

also, where the legs join the bag.. the legs side is metal, but the bag side seems to be plastic and doesn’t look like it would be able to take a lot of stress. we previously saw the strength of the plastic handle from the member with the mustache.

I don’t feel strapping the bag in this way is safe, but a picture would be nice.

• Like 1

> @johnabreen said:

This is so ridiculous that it has to be someone from Vessel. Sounds like something they would say.

• Like 1

> @GoIrish17 said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > > @johnabreen said:

> > > There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

> >

> > Can you please post a picture of this technique?

>

> I might be wrong, but I’m assuming he means the bag rides the same as normal. But, rather than wrap the cart strap all the way around the bag, you snake it behind the bag under the legs (so the strap would be between the stand assembly legs and the bag) So you’re more or less strapping the leg assembly in and not the bag, the cart strap never really touches the bag except under the legs. Or, this is what I am picturing that he meant, I could be way off.

>

> It sounds like a ridiculous workaround, and one that I would really hate when it’s cart path only and I’m unstrapping my bag to walk to just about every shot. It’s certainly not something I’d expect to do if I spent Vessel money on a bag. I’d expect them to have considered carts when designing a golf bag.

>

> And, I use my ClicGear for 90% of my rounds. Is that something I would have to worry about - wear at the top and bottom where the bag contacts the cart?

>

>

Oh, I “get” what they are proposing. Imagine what the bracket on most carts looks like. It is a U shape with the strap and buckle on the open end. If you strap just the legs like you and the poster suggest, the strap will make a straight line “connecting” the open end of the U-shaped bracket. If you just have the legs inside of the strap, the entire depth of the bag would hang “outside” of the bracket. Ridiculous. Not to mention, the legs don’t have enough tension to hold the bag secure. It would bounce around and likely fall off the entire cart. To suggest this as the way to strap a bag is asinine, at best. I have, literally, never seen a bag strapped to a cart in this manner and doubt that I ever will.

• Like 1

> @johnabreen said:

This is the most absurd thing i've read and i really need to see a picture of this now.

> @lopey986 said:

> > @johnabreen said:

> > There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

>

> This is the most absurd thing i've read and i really need to see a picture of this now.

I have a feeling this was posted by someone with a close tie to Vessel. To make a statement like the final sentence of the post in this thread, you have to be chugging the kool aid. If I spend the kind of money Vessel charges for a stand bag, "perfect" may be tough to attain but I'd expect it to be constructed with materials of enough quality to handle the rigorous task of strapping it to a golf cart. In my mind, cheap materials that disintegrate from strapping to a cart is far from perfect.

• Like 2

Kell-Pro neoprene straps, problem solved. This is what I use when I strap down a white bag, works perfectly and they are dirt cheap. BB

• Like 1

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @"Big Ben" said:

> Kell-Pro neoprene straps, problem solved. This is what I use when I strap down a white bag, works perfectly and they are dirt cheap. BB

Just bit the bullet and picked up one of these for my Stitch SL1. Hopefully, I don’t need it but will use it just in case the materials are similar.

• Like 1

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > Kell-Pro neoprene straps, problem solved. This is what I use when I strap down a white bag, works perfectly and they are dirt cheap. BB

>

> Just bit the bullet and picked up one of these for my Stitch SL1. Hopefully, I don’t need it but will use it just in case the materials are similar.

They work perfectly, I use it on the rare occasion I pull out the staff bags. Does exactly as discribed! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @"Big Ben" said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > Kell-Pro neoprene straps, problem solved. This is what I use when I strap down a white bag, works perfectly and they are dirt cheap. BB

> >

> > Just bit the bullet and picked up one of these for my Stitch SL1. Hopefully, I don’t need it but will use it just in case the materials are similar.

>

> They work perfectly, I use it on the rare occasion I pull out the staff bags. Does exactly as discribed! BB

Received mine. Odd question but how in the heck is a cart strap going to fit into this sleeve? It looks to be too narrow and very long. I can’t imagine trying to thread a strap though. Maybe it will fine but I’m skeptical.

some good content on this post! I have a white vessel bag and I normally ride, no issues so far. All my interactions with their team have been great (didn't have nick or eric). I had the same issue as someone stated earlier with the feet falling off. They sent me a new set, used a dab of epoxy and they're going nowhere! Definitely watching the cart strap from now on!

Ping G400 - 8.5 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV X-Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W - Fujikura 757 TR 

Callaway Epic Flash - 5W - HZRDUS Smoke 

Mizuno MP20 - 4-7 MMC, 8-P MB - Project X LZ

Vokey SM6 - 52/56/60 - DG S200

Evnroll - ER5 

> @"Big Ben" said:

> It fits snug but fine, I thought the same thing before I used it.

It certainly did fit but had to be “finessed” on. I would argue that it is too long, however. I had to bunch mine up but by doing so, I didn’t feel like I could get the strap tight. Snug, yes but not tight. My Stitch SL1 is a fairly small bag so it may not be an issue for others with larger bags.

I recently experienced the rubber feet falling off of one of my vessel bag. A quick email to them was responded and was told a replacement set was on the way. Received the FedEx package and opened it. They gave me a nice small valuable bag and inside was the replacement pair of rubber feet along with a small mix of epoxy.

Good service so far. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

> @straightshot7 said:

> The posts in here give the impression that these bags are like German luxury cars?

>

> Great in some ways but prone to problems and needing fixing?

>

> I'd rather have a Toyota/Lexus/Sun Mountain/Ping Hoofer when it comes to something holding my clubs that's going to get banged around.

Golf bags are meant to be used and no manufacturer is perfect, even Sun Mountain and Ping. The rubber feet falling off can be easily fixed by gluing it back on the leg, I wouldn’t call that a bad defect. I’ve had the plastic handle of my Sun Mountain three5 crack on me.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

> @squishyy said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > The posts in here give the impression that these bags are like German luxury cars?

> >

> > Great in some ways but prone to problems and needing fixing?

> >

> > I'd rather have a Toyota/Lexus/Sun Mountain/Ping Hoofer when it comes to something holding my clubs that's going to get banged around.

>

>

>

> Golf bags are meant to be used and no manufacturer is perfect, even Sun Mountain and Ping. The rubber feet falling off can be easily fixed by gluing it back on the leg, I wouldn’t call that a bad defect. I’ve had the plastic handle of my Sun Mountain three5 crack on me.

>

>

Yeah I mean it depends on the bag but some people in here were mentioning a white "leather". I think it's white "Micro-Suede Synthetic Leather". That's just never going to be as durable as "high-impact polypropylene" and other materials you'll find on a PING Hoofer. I've had a PING Hoofer bag for 10 years. There's nothing wrong with it except one of the legs is bent from when I hit it with a golf club in college. You would have to_ try _to damage this bag. Like with a knife or a club to do anything to it.

The Vessel bags look nice but I think they are more about style than utility. If money is no object then have at it. If I had my own golf cart where I could keep it and never have to remove it, that'd be the circumstance under which I'd maybe buy a beautiful white cart bag.

• Like 1

> @SubaruWRX said:

> A white bag strapped to a cart that’s driven on a bumpy course. What did you expect?

>

> There is NO white bag of any quality from any manufacturer that won’t get those marks after being strapped in a cart. This isn’t a Vessel problem, it’s your unrealistic expectations.

That's just a lie. What a bs excuse for shit China quality at custom USA made prices.

• Like 1

I wanted to respond to this thread to share my experience with Vessel's customer service. I've had my Player 2.0 Stand bag since February and have logged many rounds with it, both walking and riding. I haven't experienced any of the issues with the cart strap, but did buy the Kell-Pro strap just in case (great idea, wish I'd thought of it).

I've only had 2 issues with my bag, the first was not that big of a deal, one of the feet fell off, a little Gorilla Glue fixed it and it hasn't been a problem since. There was no glue on the leg or in the foot, so maybe this slipped by the QC team, not a big deal. The second issue was a big issue. The bottom left clip on the bag, holding the strap, broke this past weekend, Gorilla Glue couldn't fix it. I sent an email Sunday night to Vessel customer service and they promptly responded first thing on Monday morning. I sent them a photo of the broken clip along with my order number and they immediately agreed to replace my bag. In fact, the replacement is in the hands of FedEx as I type this and should be delivered tomorrow.

Maybe some of the comments on forums like this forced Vessel to revisit their customer support/warranty policies and how they interact with their customers, who knows. "Stuff" happens, my expectation when stuff happens is that the manufacturer will make it right. For me, in this instance, I couldn't be more happy with their response and would recommend Vessel to anyone looking for a great golf bag.

Titleist TSR3 9˚ - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5˚ - Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR2 21˚ - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist T200 4 Iron - Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

Titleist T100 5-9 Iron - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 46˚/10˚F, 50˚/12˚F, 54˚/10˚S, 58˚/V Grind - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100/S400

Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 5.5

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Midsize

Titleist ProV1x