Streamsong Experience

nicksterjr

I suspect Seminole is the best in Florida. TPC Sawgrass I've played twice and is probably the sorriest excuse for a Top 100 course I've seen in the US or UK, grossly over priced and very poorly conditioned. Innisbrook Copperhead I enjoyed very much, one of my favorites in state along with Pine Barrens and Camp Creek. Streamsong's arrogance will be their downfall...you cannot condescend to your clientele before it comes back to bite you. I would not recommend it to anyone unless they had nothing better to do and nowhere else to go...I have played way too many bucket list courses to give kudos to a half a** operation like that.

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

^^so not a course issue then but rather how you were treated? Got it.

Should have said public or accessible course* but will agree. I get plenty of access to Florida private courses but Seminole will always be the impossible one.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I went to Streamsong about this time last year and had to call them a couple of times beforehand and the staff was excellent to me and my friend.

I do hear this a lot though, the perceived arrogance of Streamsong. I'm sure it can happen, but I never got a hint of it while there.

RH

^^so not a course issue then but rather how you were treated? Got it.

Should have said public or accessible course* but will agree. I get plenty of access to Florida private courses but Seminole will always be the impossible one.

The course has some interesting holes no doubt, but as I said compared to other big name courses it wouldn't be in my top 20 I've played in the states. A lot of weeds in the fairway, but I wasn't expecting a bikini waxed course either. My overall impression was I've seen this before somewhere in Florida...not all in one place. When I walked in the staff confirmed my tee time rang up my stuff without another word other than the total price, never asked if I've been there before, nor asked if I was familiar with the forecaddie fees and gratuity, or any other basic give a s*** greeting of the day. I was told when I booked there was a gratuity per player for the forecaddie...not a fee+gratuity. The staff never said a word when I checked in, which left me looking like an idiot when I handed the forecaddie a tip of $30...he looked at me and said it's $35 a man plus gratuity. I thought I had already paid his fee with my greenfee & cartfee...back to the staff failingnto explain their setup. So we ponied up additional monies for the guy...but his overall performance was only ok, didnt read any greens at all. So when I approach the staff about this fiasco, they pull out this card with caddie/forecaddie fees & gratuity...first I saw of it. Then proceed to tell me it's a normal procedure...at which point I said no it ain't. I've played a ton of name courses to include Whistling Straits, St Andrews, TPC Sawgrass, Harbour Town, etc, etc...the caddie/forcaddie fee is paid up front or included in the greenfee, gratuity is paid at the end. Be nice to know that up front. The course may be in better condition and look a lot better in winter...but there are way too many other places to play instead of a repeat visit to Streamsong. As it is I'm playing Sahalee in two weeks and hopefully Pumpkin Ridge if I can get a tee time. There are many courses I have enjoyed playing in Florida, I lived in central Florida for 20+ years, so I'm not one of those guys that hates Florida golf...but this just isnt one of them.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Fair enough. But to be honest it seems like a misunderstanding and not something to be so upset about. I have a home in Tampa and a home in dr Phillips right next to bay hill so I been fortunate to golf all over central Florida as well. I haven't seen a course like streamsong here private or public. It's nice to golf without palm trees hanging.

FYI I'll be golfing at bethpage black and Yale in 3 weeks. No big deal.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Fair enough. But to be honest it seems like a misunderstanding and not something to be so upset about. I have a home in Tampa and a home in dr Phillips right next to bay hill so I been fortunate to golf all over central Florida as well. I haven't seen a course like streamsong here private or public. It's nice to golf without palm trees hanging.

FYI I'll be golfing at bethpage black and Yale in 3 weeks. No big deal.

Not upset, just disappointed Streamsong wasn't up to scratch...my dad was with me and this is only the fourth "name course" we've ever played together, the others being Harbour Town, Innisbrook Copperhead, and World Woods Pine Barrens back when it was in the Top 100...which were all in immaculate condition and quite enjoyable. He's also played Great Waters at Reynolds Plantation and The Ocean Course at Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, but I'm the elephant hunter in the family...he plays for the social aspect, I play for the spirit of the game--always have.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

• 2 months later...

FYI, I went to make a tee time for streamsong and well, they have a Florida resident rate currently. I always took advantage of the summer rate but current rates right now is 99 bucks. Can't beat that.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I have 54 holes booked in February. It will be my second visit to Streamsong and it is unlike anything else that I have played in Florida. Yes, it is expensive, but my experience with service, course conditions, lodging and food lead me to believe that the quality is equal to the expense. If you are a fan of Streamsong and Bandon I would highly recommend that you put Sand Valley on your bucket list. Only one course done to date, the second is coming along and they hope to do more.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

Does Streamsong offer military/veteran discounts?

They did not in September.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

• 2 weeks later...

I played Streamsong Red Dec 30th. The Inn and Spa attendants were very nice and personal. The employees at the golf course were very nice and accommodating to me, gave me Fla rate for $99. Sometimes golf counter guys are just not overly nice, nature of the business I guess. The caddy fee seems to be an issue and heartburn with some people who have been to Streamsong, maybe they should just put it all in the price of the golf. The course was in great shape. Had a younger caddy from up north who was knowledgeable and helpful. He probably saved me 2 shots. I thought the experience was good for Florida golf, hey, it ain't no Bandon, although not bad for winter golf in Florida. My wife had a good time which was my objective on this trip.

DM

As a single I would love to get down to Streamsong. Probably going to wait until the black opens! Wife can do the Spa, while I try to not pull my hair out on the golf course.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

hahaha, yeah us florida resident is spoiled with the price point imho

and if you need a caddie, then i can understand the hesitation of cost

personally, i just toss my mackenzie bag over my back and make the 36 hole hike. i believe they have 36 hole play and stay for less than 300. i will be using it when my boys from all over the country decides it's time for a winter get away.

goodness sake it's january and i have the AC temp set at 74 in my office.....

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I am heading down to Streamsong with a friend in 3 weeks. Playing Red at 1:10pm then Blue following morning at 8am. First time there but only have time for 2 rounds.

Our plan is to use push carts and take a forecaddie. The forecaddie fee says group caddie for 2 players is $40 plus gratuity. Anyone know if the $40 is each player or total? Also, what's the suggested gratuity for a forecaddie? I called Streamsong and they had no info.

I have played many courses with either a forecaddie or a walking caddie and the golf course always had very clear suggested gratuities. Makes it easy to plan ahead so I know how much cash I need to have on me.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

• 1 year later...

Has anyone done a weekend trip with non-golfing wife or girlfriend? Thinking about Friday - Sunday and playing each course each day in early morning. Just trying to figure out if there is enough to keep the lady occupied for 4 hours or so and not get bored. I know the pool and spa but how long can that last. Trying to avoid the feeling of being stuck in one place with nothing to do.

2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
TM P790 UDI #2
TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
TM Spider Putter

Has anyone done a weekend trip with non-golfing wife or girlfriend? Thinking about Friday - Sunday and playing each course each day in early morning. Just trying to figure out if there is enough to keep the lady occupied for 4 hours or so and not get bored. I know the pool and spa but how long can that last. Trying to avoid the feeling of being stuck in one place with nothing to do.

I can't see that as a successful trip, unless your wife/girlfriend can manage long days at the pool with nothing to do.

Streamsong is great. But it's in the middle of nowhere, and there is nothing but golf (and fishing, etc.) to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Question - has anyone had difficulty getting a tee time after 2:00pm? Apparently, they don’t accept tee times after 2:00pm and it’s “walk-up” only. I’m getting there on a Thursday’s after 2 and am hoping to be able to get on one of the courses. Playing 36 that Friday and Saturday, will have to “walk-up” for the second 18 each day.

• 4 months later...

My wife and I just recently did this. Drove in Friday night, grabbed drinks and then dinner. Saturday I had a 9am tee time and she had double appointments at the spa. I caught up with her at the pool afterwards. then drinks and dinner. Sunday, we went for a run around the property, ate a late breakfast and hung out at the pool until we left around 1.

She enjoyed it and is already talking about another trip with other couples. I couldn't squeeze in a 2nd round on sunday though.

• 1 year later...

We went before the black was allowed to be played on. The blue and red are 89% great. both have some greens that are so unusual, I think they are a joke and don't understand how anyone could think they are meant to be real. In any event, the golf was just 1/2 of the experience for our 4 some. The bar at the top of the hotel is so much fun and the food is great. We ate there every night except the steak house night at the clubhouse which was fantastic as well. I think it is an all around great time and hard to beat. golf is great, food is great, weather is so much better than bandon and price is completely reasonable

• 3 months later...

There is zilch, nada, nothing in the area. It's about 45 minutes drive to anything resembling civilization. It's not a couples friendly place unless your spouse plays. If it's just a quick weekend trip and you catch good weather then I think they could occupy themselves for 1-2 days at the spa and pool. Anything beyond that it would be very boring. I've seen like a total of 3 women at the resort across both my trips there.