Callaway APEX MB RAW

Pontus

All of the pictures posted in this thread show a version of the clubs that has the "APEX MB" stamping in all white, whereas the callaway website shows the "oil" finish having the "MB" stamping in black letters. Does anyone care to explain?

Mine have white lettering in the Callaway golf logo and the Apex. The MB is a gray color.

I dont know why they chose black for the MB for the stock photo.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a set available for sale?

TaylorMade QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

TaylorMade stealth plus 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Taylormade stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

If you are buying from the UK you should use scottsdalegolf.co.uk. They offer taxfree shopping on international orders and are superb to do business with. And they have the Apex MB raw. I dont want to make commerical for them but I have bought form them alot of times and no problems what so ever.

• 1 month later...

Is there anywhere to get a lefty set of these anymore?

If you click on the link provided above it shows it's still available.

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

• 6 months later...

Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

> @balls_deep said:

> Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

Love my raw set with dg TIx100’s

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @Kale_m said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

>

> Love my raw set with dg TIx100’s

Holding up well? Do you ever feel like you want more help when you aren't completely dialed in (we all have off days). I assume you're playing them down to 4i?

> @balls_deep said:

> Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

I have a set of the Apex MB raws. I played them a lot when I first got them but I don't as much anymore. They are holding up very well as any kind of bag chatter isn't shown much on the raw finish compared to a chrome blade. I don't blast balls on the range but again, the raw finish makes it harder to notice wear on the face. I struggle with them compared to some of my other sets as the head is pretty small and even though I game PX in my main set, they just don't have enough forgiveness for me. They are my favorite looking set though.

I want to try putting DG TI or a set of Modus (which I've never tried before) to see if that helps fix the issue. I also play them a little shorter than standard but haven't adjusted the swingweight due to never wanting to tape up blades. However, after seeing Akshay Bhatia's, I need to go pick up some more lead tape!

dzordugurxvj.jpg

> @Z4Z3R said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

>

> I have a set of the Apex MB raws. I played them a lot when I first got them but I don't as much anymore. They are holding up very well as any kind of bag chatter isn't shown much on the raw finish compared to a chrome blade. I don't blast balls on the range but again, the raw finish makes it harder to notice wear on the face. I struggle with them compared to some of my other sets as the head is pretty small and even though I game PX in my main set, they just don't have enough forgiveness for me. They are my favorite looking set though.

>

> I want to try putting DG TI or a set of Modus (which I've never tried before) to see if that helps fix the issue. I also play them a little shorter than standard but haven't adjusted the swingweight due to never wanting to tape up blades. However, after seeing Akshay Bhatia's, I need to go pick up some more lead tape!

>

> dzordugurxvj.jpg

>

>

>

>

>

I've said it before in other threads but the Modus 120 is a very unique profile and it's definitely best to test if you can before reshafting. They are extremely soft in the top of the shaft and quite stiff in the tip. For my swing (which is fast-ish but imperfect with a somewhat violent transition) I can get some inconsistent results when compared to PX and DG. I'd love to try the TX but I don't think I quite have the speed.

Interesting that you find them demanding. That's the thing with this forum - sometimes irons get a rep for being more forgiving than they are. I don't have any issue with blades but I don't want something that is excessively challenging/game affecting.

> @bjno1300 said:

> Is there anywhere to get a lefty set of these anymore?

There is a set of Lefty Heads Only on eBay right now.

10.5˚ TaylorMade Stealth Plus

18° Titleist TSR2 5 Wood

21° Titleist TSR2 7 Wood

4-PW Titleist T100s Black

50˚ Titleist SM8 Black

54˚ Titleist SM8 Black

60˚ Titleist SM8 Black

Bettinardi Hive 8.0

Bridgestone Tour B-XS

> @balls_deep said:

If you are comfortable with the MP5's you will find the callaway mb's

Relatively comparable. Put the right shaft in these irons and you will

Play some very satisfying rounds.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

> @puttingmatt said:

> > @balls_deep said:

>

> If you are comfortable with the MP5's you will find the callaway mb's

> Relatively comparable. Put the right shaft in these irons and you will

> Play some very satisfying rounds.

The only thing I didn't like was the grind which could catch as I play in very soft conditions much of the time. Absolutely loved them on burnt out firm turf. The Apex MB are higher bounce/less sharp and will work better I believe.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @puttingmatt said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

> >

> > If you are comfortable with the MP5's you will find the callaway mb's

> > Relatively comparable. Put the right shaft in these irons and you will

> > Play some very satisfying rounds.

>

> The only thing I didn't like was the grind which could catch as I play in very soft conditions much of the time. Absolutely loved them on burnt out firm turf. The Apex MB are higher bounce/less sharp and will work better I believe.

Certainly could be different grinds, I have played many a mizuno mb,

And currently play the callaway mb, turf interaction has been great with

Both, and may have something to do with AoA. I am not overly steep with my

Swing path. That said, I find the callaway's a very nice club to use. I enjoy my

Rounds, play on sandier soils and they perform decent.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Kale_m said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

> >

> > Love my raw set with dg TIx100’s

>

> Holding up well? Do you ever feel like you want more help when you aren't completely dialed in (we all have off days). I assume you're playing them down to 4i?

No not really. If I am not that dialled In then nothing will help. Bad strikes are bad strikes

I play down to a 4 iron yes. Love the 4 iron off the tee. Great flight.

The thought of changing irons crossed my mind then I think i am not going to get any better feel or performance out of anything else. These will stay in the bag. I play off a 0.7 cap. Practice 1x a week and play at least once a week. Sometimes 2x if I am lucky

Tri-hot double wide 

> @Kale_m said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

> > >

> > > Love my raw set with dg TIx100’s

> >

> > Holding up well? Do you ever feel like you want more help when you aren't completely dialed in (we all have off days). I assume you're playing them down to 4i?

>

> No not really. If I am not that dialled In then nothing will help. Bad strikes are bad strikes

>

> I play down to a 4 iron yes. Love the 4 iron off the tee. Great flight.

>

> The thought of changing irons crossed my mind then I think i am not going to get any better feel or performance out of anything else. These will stay in the bag. I play off a 0.7 cap. Practice 1x a week and play at least once a week. Sometimes 2x if I am lucky

>

Thanks for the reply. Just picked up 7-PW 716 MB to combo in with my current set and I'm going to see how those go. If they're nice and I find no downside to gaming blades to a 7i again, I will try the Apex MBs.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Kale_m said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

> > > >

> > > > Love my raw set with dg TIx100’s

> > >

> > > Holding up well? Do you ever feel like you want more help when you aren't completely dialed in (we all have off days). I assume you're playing them down to 4i?

> >

> > No not really. If I am not that dialled In then nothing will help. Bad strikes are bad strikes

> >

> > I play down to a 4 iron yes. Love the 4 iron off the tee. Great flight.

> >

> > The thought of changing irons crossed my mind then I think i am not going to get any better feel or performance out of anything else. These will stay in the bag. I play off a 0.7 cap. Practice 1x a week and play at least once a week. Sometimes 2x if I am lucky

> >

>

> Thanks for the reply. Just picked up 7-PW 716 MB to combo in with my current set and I'm going to see how those go. If they're nice and I find no downside to gaming blades to a 7i again, I will try the Apex MBs.

For what it’s worth, I owned the Apex MB in chrome for about a month and absolutely loved them. They still hold the title for the softest iron I’ve ever hit, and the head size is basically the same as the blueprint / Miura BB.

I flipped them into my MP-4s solely because my MP-4s were cheaper (3-PW vs 6-PW) and in better condition. I didn’t find much to distinguish the two irons—they were both easy to launch and rewarding in good strokes, while less-than-good strikes were predictably very short.

I know that Maltby lists the Apex MB as a very high COG (over .9), but I didn’t find it played that way in my hands. Normally, I don’t get along at all with high COG irons.

I love my MP-4s now, but I can definitely see myself adding a set of Apex MBs back into my bag once the price of a set drops below $300 down the road.

My only real critique on the Apex MB is that the chrome finish seems to show wear very quickly.

> @revanant said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > Hit the Apex MB recently and absolutely loved the feel. That said, I was not really missing when I hit them in sim. I can imagine in the wild world they could be pretty punishing. I have hit them outdoors as well and thought they felt absolutely brilliant. Up there with MP5 and MP32 with softest irons I've ever hit. My friend has a set of the raws with TI S400 in them - a shaft I've been wanting to try for a while as I love S300 but it's a bit too soft for me. I love my LZ but there's just something about DG flight. Anyways.. following up on the Raws in terms of durability, feel, etc compared to chrome and how people have been liking them. I don't need to change but I am intrigued by these.

> > > > >

> > > > > Love my raw set with dg TIx100’s

> > > >

> > > > Holding up well? Do you ever feel like you want more help when you aren't completely dialed in (we all have off days). I assume you're playing them down to 4i?

> > >

> > > No not really. If I am not that dialled In then nothing will help. Bad strikes are bad strikes

> > >

> > > I play down to a 4 iron yes. Love the 4 iron off the tee. Great flight.

> > >

> > > The thought of changing irons crossed my mind then I think i am not going to get any better feel or performance out of anything else. These will stay in the bag. I play off a 0.7 cap. Practice 1x a week and play at least once a week. Sometimes 2x if I am lucky

> > >

> >

> > Thanks for the reply. Just picked up 7-PW 716 MB to combo in with my current set and I'm going to see how those go. If they're nice and I find no downside to gaming blades to a 7i again, I will try the Apex MBs.

>

> For what it’s worth, I owned the Apex MB in chrome for about a month and absolutely loved them. They still hold the title for the softest iron I’ve ever hit, and the head size is basically the same as the blueprint / Miura BB.

>

> I flipped them into my MP-4s solely because my MP-4s were cheaper (3-PW vs 6-PW) and in better condition. I didn’t find much to distinguish the two irons—they were both easy to launch and rewarding in good strokes, while less-than-good strikes were predictably very short.

>

> I know that Maltby lists the Apex MB as a very high COG (over .9), but I didn’t find it played that way in my hands. Normally, I don’t get along at all with high COG irons.

>

> I love my MP-4s now, but I can definitely see myself adding a set of Apex MBs back into my bag once the price of a set drops below $300 down the road.

>

> My only real critique on the Apex MB is that the chrome finish seems to show wear very quickly.

Find a set of raw ones. Feel even softer and wear in perfect

Tri-hot double wide 

Just FYI, I ordered a set from that golfsupport.com UK site yesterday. They called this morning to tell me Callaway is completely out of the raw heads. I figured that might be the case but it was worth a shot.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

• 4 weeks later...

Just updating this. Played 27 holes today. First 9 with Apex MB Raw, second with MP20, third with MB raw again. It's soft as all hell up here in Canada right now. Cold and lots of rain. Maybe it's the shafts but I hit the Apex so much better. They've got TI S400 in them so might just be that but much prefer the sole grind on them. Contact just not feeling crisp at all times with the MP20 despite hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit with an iron. As a whole, I play the Apex better. Forgiveness is a wash and slight edge in feel on perfect strikes goes to Mizuno.

• Like 1

> @balls_deep said:

> Just updating this. Played 27 holes today. First 9 with Apex MB Raw, second with MP20, third with MB raw again. It's soft as all **** up here in Canada right now. Cold and lots of rain. Maybe it's the shafts but I hit the Apex so much better. They've got TI S400 in them so might just be that but much prefer the sole grind on them. Contact just not feeling crisp at all times with the MP20 despite hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit with an iron. As a whole, I play the Apex better. Forgiveness is a wash and slight edge in feel on perfect strikes goes to Mizuno.

Was just wondering how today's blades compare to one another in terms of forgiveness, as when I tried the MP20's they seemed more forgiving in comparison to my TM RAC mb's from the mid 2000's.

> @wely324 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > Just updating this. Played 27 holes today. First 9 with Apex MB Raw, second with MP20, third with MB raw again. It's soft as all **** up here in Canada right now. Cold and lots of rain. Maybe it's the shafts but I hit the Apex so much better. They've got TI S400 in them so might just be that but much prefer the sole grind on them. Contact just not feeling crisp at all times with the MP20 despite hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit with an iron. As a whole, I play the Apex better. Forgiveness is a wash and slight edge in feel on perfect strikes goes to Mizuno.

>

> Was just wondering how today's blades compare to one another in terms of forgiveness, as when I tried the MP20's they seemed more forgiving in comparison to my TM RAC mb's from the mid 2000's.

I think today's blades are more forgiving, especially long irons as they have added much more weight to the bottom half making it lower CG and more MOI I guess. Easier to launch. I remember way back when I hit the Tourstage MR-23 blades the 3 iron really was like a butter knife. So beautiful though.

wcmyhgho5xea.png

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @Golfjack said:

> > @wely324 said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > Just updating this. Played 27 holes today. First 9 with Apex MB Raw, second with MP20, third with MB raw again. It's soft as all **** up here in Canada right now. Cold and lots of rain. Maybe it's the shafts but I hit the Apex so much better. They've got TI S400 in them so might just be that but much prefer the sole grind on them. Contact just not feeling crisp at all times with the MP20 despite hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit with an iron. As a whole, I play the Apex better. Forgiveness is a wash and slight edge in feel on perfect strikes goes to Mizuno.

> >

> > Was just wondering how today's blades compare to one another in terms of forgiveness, as when I tried the MP20's they seemed more forgiving in comparison to my TM RAC mb's from the mid 2000's.

>

> I think today's blades are more forgiving, especially long irons as they have added much more weight to the bottom half making it lower CG and more MOI I guess. Easier to launch. I remember way back when I hit the Tourstage MR-23 blades the 3 iron really was like a butter knife. So beautiful though.

> wcmyhgho5xea.png

>

Generally speaking yes. With the Apex MB the short irons are very easy to hit. Where things get interesting is in the long irons. They have a relatively high CG so you can’t pick or sweep them in the same way you can with a GI long iron - they won’t elevate. You have to have a nice downward strike. They feel brilliant. I have no issue playing the whole set. I find the sole is really what makes the difference in forgiveness for me.