Big Cedar Courses-Packages or Discounts

Lefty_3Jack

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Lefty Light HItter" said:

> I'm assuming they don't exist, but asking if there are any links to discounted rates? Last second trip for this weekend and we're going to play 36 each day and head back.

The only "discounts" I could find is by booking combo rates for courses & replay rates. If you want to play Mountain Top, you can use discount code "KCGOLF19" for $45 rate. Big Cedar had a booth setup at the KC Golf Show and provided.

Calling into Big Cedar I found they bundle the two par three courses with Buffalo Ridge and Ozark National. They're basically letting you play Mountain Top for free with Ozark National, but they are only giving a few bucks off Top of the Rock when pairing it with Buffalo Ridge. You can now book Big Cedar on Hotels.com and we see that a one room place is still over $350/night. I have no idea how families afford to stay there unless it's some sort of all inclusive deal which I highly doubt it is.

A few observations:

1. Bass Pro Shops money built all of that. Selling booze in capital city of the Bible Belt is what helped build Bass Pro Shops. Johnny Morris is revered in Springfield and the surrounding areas and I think it's funny that some who would never take a sip of alcohol can't see the correlation. His dad owned a chain of liquor stores which had to be a monopoly on the liquor market... smart dude

2. We were debating if the Big Cedar is under the same company as Bass Pro so he could be taking the profits out of Bass Pro and reinvesting to all of these essentially massive real estate deals therefore increasing his net worth and paying less taxes in the process. They have been in constant construction down there for years and there is no stop to it. They're building the Payne Stewart School of Golf next to Ozark National and I'm pretty sure this Tiger Woods course Payne's Valley is going to be the jewel of all of the holdings.

In search of solid contact...

> @"Lefty Light HItter" said:

> Calling into Big Cedar I found they bundle the two par three courses with Buffalo Ridge and Ozark National. They're basically letting you play Mountain Top for free with Ozark National, but they are only giving a few bucks off Top of the Rock when pairing it with Buffalo Ridge. You can now book Big Cedar on Hotels.com and we see that a one room place is still over $350/night. I have no idea how families afford to stay there unless it's some sort of all inclusive deal which I highly doubt it is.

>

> A few observations:

> 1. Bass Pro Shops money built all of that. Selling booze in capital city of the Bible Belt is what helped build Bass Pro Shops. Johnny Morris is revered in Springfield and the surrounding areas and I think it's funny that some who would never take a sip of alcohol can't see the correlation. His dad owned a chain of liquor stores which had to be a monopoly on the liquor market... smart dude

> 2. We were debating if the Big Cedar is under the same company as Bass Pro so he could be taking the profits out of Bass Pro and reinvesting to all of these essentially massive real estate deals therefore increasing his net worth and paying less taxes in the process. They have been in constant construction down there for years and there is no stop to it. They're building the Payne Stewart School of Golf next to Ozark National and I'm pretty sure this Tiger Woods course Payne's Valley is going to be the jewel of all of the holdings.

Myself and 3 buddies are going down in October. There’s plenty of homes for rent in the Branson Creek area. Big homes, that will accommodate the biggest of families. And they are literally 2-3 minutes from Buffalo Ridge, Ozarks National, Top of the Mountain and Payne’s Valley. And they are bigger and much cheaper than anything at the actual Big Cedar resort.

Does anyone know how hard it will be to get a tee time at Paynes Valley? Also what to expect greens fees wise? I'm assuming around $200 but not sure if anyones heard actual numbers.

Titleist TSI3 Tour AD MT 7S
Taylormade SIM 14* Tour AD IZ 7S
Mizuno Fli Hi 2 & 3 iron
Miura CB 1008 4-PW Nippon Super Peening Orange
NCW 52 - 57
Scotty Cameron Bullseye

Buffalo Ridge is a long time favorite of mine. I believe they are aerating now possibly?

Going to play Ozark National for the first time tomorrow. We will get discounted to $130 because they aerated a week or two ago. The discounted rate only last a few more days so I expect the greens to be mostly healed. I think it is a class move to discount for a few weeks after aeration. We are only picking this day because our home course is aerating for 3 days starting yesterday.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

> @msupp11 said:

> > @duckboat24 said:

> > Any idea when the Tiger Woods course is supposed to open?

>

> I’ve heard rumors of maybe 9 holes opening in November for preview play. My guess is late spring 2020 for an official opening.

>

I hope your're right. Have a work trip to Big Cedar next August and hoping to get on there and the other courses.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Night train" said:

> Payne's Valley will be very playable for players of all skill levels...........its MASSIVE and has some holes that are just beautiful...............it's a BIG golf course. I've never been a huge Tiger fan, but this course is spectacular!

I can't wait to drive by next weekend to check it out. I'm playing in MGA Par 3 tourney next weekend. Should be fun!

• Like 1

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Night train" said:

> I think they have some discount packages for Ozark National/Mountain Top............Mountain Top is beautiful, I prefer it over Top of the Rock. Buffalo Ridge is always fun.

Yesterday's 2nd round which was supposed to be at Mountain Top but it got rained out. But I got to view the courses from the clubhouse, man, it looks very nice. Payne's Valley should be open next year.

Even though I didn't play Mountain Top but I think I would enjoy it more than Top of the Rock. The greens at Top of the Rock were little shaggy, took longer than usual to recover from aeration due to recent heat. Buffalo Ridge is always fun to play.

Got to talk to Greg last couple days.

5e2arpedktpt.jpg

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

• 1 month later...

I wanted to give a review after spending 10/2-10/6 playing these courses.....

There was a total of 4 guys who went on our Big Cedar golf trip. We rented a beautiful house in the Branson Hills neighborhood that is located 2 minutes from Buffalo Ridge and maybe 5 minutes from Mountain Top, Ozarks National, and Payne’s Valley. The house was huge and everyone had either a king or queen to sleep in. For those not familiar with the Branson area, this is located about 20 minutes from the main Big Cedar resort which has the Jack Nicklaus par 3 course and the unique Arnold Palmer driving range.

Buffalo Ridge: Great course. Until the “rankings” come out it’s obvious that this is the number 1 public course in Missouri. I would assume Ozarks National will pass it soon. Great practice facility (2 putting greens, scenic and perfect driving range, and a small green short game area. The course condition was just about perfect. For anyone reading this not from Missouri or the transition zone for cool and warm season turf, growing grass in Missouri is tough. An abundance of water features, great views, etc. On the back nine you start to see views of TGR design Payne’s Valley. $135 greens fee, cart, range balls, bottled water included in iced down coolers on the cart.

Ozarks National: Currently until some of the parking lots are completed or reworked you will drive to Mountain Top. You park there and are welcomed by very friendly staff that will get your clubs loaded. Then you make a decent cart ride over the road, up the hill to the clubhouse and driving range. Along that trip was the short game area. I believe it was 3 greens with bunkers and absolutely perfect grass. I could spend days there. The driving range was the same as the short game area, perfect. The clubhouse is really just a place to pay for your round and pick up a shirt or souvenir. If I remember correctly there was a small cooler where you can purchase water, Gatorade, beers, etc. The course itself is awesome. There’s really only a few cuts of grass on the course. Zoysia tees blend into the zoysia fairways and end at either the green or buffalo grass (rough). The views are spectacular and the routing is well done. There’s just 2 holes that I felt seemed squeezed in, 14 and 15. But honestly if that’s the biggest complaint they are doing well. We were all shocked how firm the course played. I guess Coore and Crenshaw and their staff know how to drain a golf course.

Moutnain Top:

This is located at the Top of the Mountain, I know obvious. If you pair Ozarks National and top of the mountain in the same day you get it for $9. It will be the best $9 you have ever spent. I would suggest looking at the pics online. It’s in perfect shape and you play amongst these huge rock formations. The attendants will load you up on huge pull carts. The carts have huge baskets to put all of your stuff in. Afterwards I suggest going into the clubhouse and having a meal. Also go downstairs and use the locker facilities. The golf staff at mountain top will give you a key to use a locker while you eat.

Overall a 10/10 and we will be going again next year. Tigers course looks like it’s going to be crazy good!

There was a total of 4 guys who went on our Big Cedar golf trip. We rented a beautiful house in the Branson Hills neighborhood that is located 2 minutes from Buffalo Ridge and maybe 5 minutes from Mountain Top, Ozarks National, and Payne’s Valley. The house was huge and everyone had either a king or queen to sleep in. For those not familiar with the Branson area, this is located about 20 minutes from the main Big Cedar resort which has the Jack Nicklaus par 3 course and the unique Arnold Palmer driving range.

Buffalo Ridge: Great course. Until the “rankings” come out it’s obvious that this is the number 1 public course in Missouri. I would assume Ozarks National will pass it soon. Great practice facility (2 putting greens, scenic and perfect driving range, and a small green short game area. The course condition was just about perfect. For anyone reading this not from Missouri or the transition zone for cool and warm season turf, growing grass in Missouri is tough. An abundance of water features, great views, etc. On the back nine you start to see views of TGR design Payne’s Valley. $135 greens fee, cart, range balls, bottled water included in iced down coolers on the cart.

Ozarks National: Currently until some of the parking lots are completed or reworked you will drive to Mountain Top. You park there and are welcomed by very friendly staff that will get your clubs loaded. Then you make a decent cart ride over the road, up the hill to the clubhouse and driving range. Along that trip was the short game area. I believe it was 3 greens with bunkers and absolutely perfect grass. I could spend days there. The driving range was the same as the short game area, perfect. The clubhouse is really just a place to pay for your round and pick up a shirt or souvenir. If I remember correctly there was a small cooler where you can purchase water, Gatorade, beers, etc. The course itself is awesome. There’s really only a few cuts of grass on the course. Zoysia tees blend into the zoysia fairways and end at either the green or buffalo grass (rough). The views are spectacular and the routing is well done. There’s just 2 holes that I felt seemed squeezed in, 14 and 15. But honestly if that’s the biggest complaint they are doing well. We were all shocked how firm the course played. I guess Coore and Crenshaw and their staff know how to drain a golf course.

Moutnain Top:

This is located at the Top of the Mountain, I know obvious. If you pair Ozarks National and top of the mountain in the same day you get it for $9. It will be the best $9 you have ever spent. I would suggest looking at the pics online. It’s in perfect shape and you play amongst these huge rock formations. The attendants will load you up on huge pull carts. The carts have huge baskets to put all of your stuff in. Afterwards I suggest going into the clubhouse and having a meal. Also go downstairs and use the locker facilities. The golf staff at mountain top will give you a key to use a locker while you eat.

Overall a 10/10 and we will be going again next year. Tigers course looks like it’s going to be crazy good!

Moutnain Top:

• Like 1