New Mizuno T-20 wedges (49*, 51*, 56*, 58* & 60*)

GolfWRX

Got a notification that my order got pushed back a bit, must be super popular!

Titleist TSi3 8° - Ventus Black 6TX

Taylormade Stealth 5w 19° - Ventus Red 8TX
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-GW - Project X LS 6.5

Titleist SM9 54° D Grind - Project X LS 6.5
Taylormade MyHi-Toe 60°/10° - DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Prototype Phantom 7.2

I was at the local GOLFTEC today and the Mizuno rep stopped by with these and I got to hit them. Man, they were sweet. Looked and felt great! I’ve got a set of S18’s that need replacing and these will definitely go in the bag. They’re a bit smaller than the S18’s but keep that slightly thicker top-line concept which I’ve come to enjoy in the wedges.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when the 50 & 52 will be available in raw? I just ordered the 54/12 and the 58/12 in raw

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @mBiden2 said:

> Anyone know when the 50 & 52 will be available in raw? I just ordered the 54/12 and the 58/12 in raw

Early 2020 according to Mizuno. I pre-ordered raw 58 degree, still don't have it. They're having some production issues with the raw heads, apparently.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

> @JJK947 said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > Anyone know when the 50 & 52 will be available in raw? I just ordered the 54/12 and the 58/12 in raw

>

> Early 2020 according to Mizuno. I pre-ordered raw 58 degree, still don't have it. They're having some production issues with the raw heads, apparently.

Good to know. I order MP20 MBs 5-pw and the wedges and they told me 2 weeks

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @vakaviti said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > Anyone know when the 50 & 52 will be available in raw? I just ordered the 54/12 and the 58/12 in raw

>

> Available now in Australia...I have the full set 50/55/60 all in raw delivered already

You guys get all the luck down there. Cool accents and all the raw Mizuno wedges you want.

> @deep18 said:

> > @vakaviti said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > Anyone know when the 50 & 52 will be available in raw? I just ordered the 54/12 and the 58/12 in raw

> >

> > Available now in Australia...I have the full set 50/55/60 all in raw delivered already

>

> You guys get all the luck down there. Cool accents and all the raw Mizuno wedges you want.

haha we get everything but the cheaper prices! everything is more expensive down under

ordered mine back in September and was told it wouldn't be until November before they would arrive... ugh

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

They got some serious love in the wedge test of the Spy website. Overall, probably the best in terms of consistency in all situations sans the Glide 3.0.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I picked up a set of T-20s at 50, 54, and 58 to complement my new HMB set. They look amazing and I'm psyched to get them in the bag, but on the first day out I had some difficulty transitioning from the 52-56-60 set of Vokeys I've been playing for the last 2 years. I don't know if it was just psychological or what, but I was either 2 feet short of the green or I skulled it right across over and over. So back to the Vokeys until I get some time to practice with them (which might not be till next year). I was surprised that there would be that much difference in playability - I'm pretty sure I was just playing head games with myself.

Anyways, looking forward to spending some time with them and posting some better results.

> @eastriver said:

> I picked up a set of T-20s at 50, 54, and 58 to complement my new HMB set. They look amazing and I'm psyched to get them in the bag, but on the first day out I had some difficulty transitioning from the 52-56-60 set of Vokeys I've been playing for the last 2 years. I don't know if it was just psychological or what, but I was either 2 feet short of the green or I skulled it right across over and over. So back to the Vokeys until I get some time to practice with them (which might not be till next year). I was surprised that there would be that much difference in playability - I'm pretty sure I was just playing head games with myself.

>

> Anyways, looking forward to spending some time with them and posting some better results.

Completely mental. I can’t hit a non-50 degree Vokey to save my life. Any other wedge, butter. The mind does funny things.

much better day with the T-20s today. i’m sure it has as much to do with the recoil 95s i have in them (previously played vokeys with stock DG S300s) but i hit one beautiful pitch with the 58* that cleared a tree i never would have gotten over before. ftr i wasn’t aiming right at it, but i got over nicely and was closer to the pin as a result.

still skulled the *50 off a tight lie, but there were 4 other successful short chips with it.

> @Treyball344 said:

> I understand Mizuno HD forged these wedges, however, they do not feel soft to me. Significantly firmer feel than the RTX 4's I played previously. Anyone else notice these not feeling very soft?

Any other comparisons, RTX 4 is my leader for the new wedge set, but no one has the T20’s in any fitting carts.

> @Treyball344 said:

> I understand Mizuno HD forged these wedges, however, they do not feel soft to me. Significantly firmer feel than the RTX 4's I played previously. Anyone else notice these not feeling very soft?

I agree that the T20s don't feel overly soft. They certainly don't feel harsh, but I was expecting something a lot softer. They do look great, though.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

> @MBBG said:

> One thing about these being set up with a TI S400 shaft and Z cord grips is that you won’t get much in the way of dampening from the grip or shaft compared to other OTR wedges out there.

>

> I played the JDM 2015 forged Vokeys for 5 seasons and these are similar in feel to those with the same grips. (CP2 Midsize wrap). Shafts were Modus 125 Wedge in the Vokeys.

>

> I will say that with range balls there is a distinct and loud click with these wedges I’ve never heard before with any other wedges I’ve played. But with premium balls on the course, no click.

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

> @MBBG said:

> One thing about these being set up with a TI S400 shaft and Z cord grips is that you won’t get much in the way of dampening from the grip or shaft compared to other OTR wedges out there.

>

> I played the JDM 2015 forged Vokeys for 5 seasons and these are similar in feel to those with the same grips. (CP2 Midsize wrap). Shafts were Modus 125 Wedge in the Vokeys.

>

> I will say that with range balls there is a distinct and loud click with these wedges I’ve never heard before with any other wedges I’ve played. But with premium balls on the course, no click.

Good call. A lot more feedback with the Z cord than most other grips on the market. And S400 is heavier and stiffer (to a varying degree) than what most people are playing in their wedge. Have to compare with same grip and shaft with premium ball on the course to get a true idea of feel.

The addition of boron in the wedges has changed the feel though. The wedges used to feel just as soft as the irons until they started using boron. People had the same complaints with the T7's. I still think they feel great, just not as soft as years past.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

> @Treyball344 said:

Unfortunately Mizuno wedges do not feel anything like their irons. They do work well though. You have to go to the pre boron days to find a soft feeling Mizuno wedge. I find that Vokeys cast wedges are softer for some reason.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

Anyone have thoughts/comparisons with these compared to the Glides?

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

> @Makuakane_Bear said:

> Anyone have thoughts/comparisons with these compared to the Glides?

I had the Glide Stealths in 50 56 60. Now have T20 in 50, 54 and 60. I like the stealth finish a tiny bit better. So far, I like the feel of the Stealth's a bit better but that may be due to the stock shaft being softer. Have a bit more confidence with the Stealths on full shots due to familiarity and due to the cavity and perception that it's adding perimeter weighting, but the reality is so far I hit them pretty much the same as the T20's. I like the shape of the T20's better, I never liked the straight/squared leading edge on most Ping wedges. I really like the Blue Ion finish I have in my T20 54. I like the stock Z chord grip a lot. I like the S400 stock shaft more than the AWT in the Ping. As an aside, I think some people's perception of the T20's not feeling as nice could possibly be due to the S400 stock shaft being a bit stiffer than most stock wedge flex shafts. I can hit all the shots that I am able to with either set.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @halfsumo said:

> > @Makuakane_Bear said:

> > Anyone have thoughts/comparisons with these compared to the Glides?

>

> I had the Glide Stealths in 50 56 60. Now have T20 in 50, 54 and 60. I like the stealth finish a tiny bit better. So far, I like the feel of the Stealth's a bit better but that may be due to the stock shaft being softer. Have a bit more confidence with the Stealths on full shots due to familiarity and due to the cavity and perception that it's adding perimeter weighting, but the reality is so far I hit them pretty much the same as the T20's. I like the shape of the T20's better, I never liked the straight/squared leading edge on most Ping wedges. I really like the Blue Ion finish I have in my T20 54. I like the stock Z chord grip a lot. I like the S400 stock shaft more than the AWT in the Ping. As an aside, I think some people's perception of the T20's not feeling as nice could possibly be due to the S400 stock shaft being a bit stiffer than most stock wedge flex shafts. I can hit all the shots that I am able to with either set.

Thank You. I have the S400s in my Glides currently and part of the appeal for me is that the T20 has the same shaft as the stock option. Really interesting feedback with regards to feel. How is turf interaction for you? Noticed that the stock T20s have a lower bounce than the Glides.

Thanks again!

> @Makuakane_Bear said:

> > @halfsumo said:

> > > @Makuakane_Bear said:

> > > Anyone have thoughts/comparisons with these compared to the Glides?

> >

> > I had the Glide Stealths in 50 56 60. Now have T20 in 50, 54 and 60. I like the stealth finish a tiny bit better. So far, I like the feel of the Stealth's a bit better but that may be due to the stock shaft being softer. Have a bit more confidence with the Stealths on full shots due to familiarity and due to the cavity and perception that it's adding perimeter weighting, but the reality is so far I hit them pretty much the same as the T20's. I like the shape of the T20's better, I never liked the straight/squared leading edge on most Ping wedges. I really like the Blue Ion finish I have in my T20 54. I like the stock Z chord grip a lot. I like the S400 stock shaft more than the AWT in the Ping. As an aside, I think some people's perception of the T20's not feeling as nice could possibly be due to the S400 stock shaft being a bit stiffer than most stock wedge flex shafts. I can hit all the shots that I am able to with either set.

>

> Thank You. I have the S400s in my Glides currently and part of the appeal for me is that the T20 has the same shaft as the stock option. Really interesting feedback with regards to feel. How is turf interaction for you? Noticed that the stock T20s have a lower bounce than the Glides.

> Thanks again!

I always felt like with PING wedges the bounce/sole fit me well and shots generally seemed to be pretty crisp and 'thumpy' if that makes sense and I am not a digger at all. So far with the T20's it feels like I'm pinching it a bit more. The 60 degree I have is the low bounce version and was digging at first until I got used to it.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @halfsumo said:

> > @Makuakane_Bear said:

> > > @halfsumo said:

> > > > @Makuakane_Bear said:

> > > > Anyone have thoughts/comparisons with these compared to the Glides?

> > >

> > > I had the Glide Stealths in 50 56 60. Now have T20 in 50, 54 and 60. I like the stealth finish a tiny bit better. So far, I like the feel of the Stealth's a bit better but that may be due to the stock shaft being softer. Have a bit more confidence with the Stealths on full shots due to familiarity and due to the cavity and perception that it's adding perimeter weighting, but the reality is so far I hit them pretty much the same as the T20's. I like the shape of the T20's better, I never liked the straight/squared leading edge on most Ping wedges. I really like the Blue Ion finish I have in my T20 54. I like the stock Z chord grip a lot. I like the S400 stock shaft more than the AWT in the Ping. As an aside, I think some people's perception of the T20's not feeling as nice could possibly be due to the S400 stock shaft being a bit stiffer than most stock wedge flex shafts. I can hit all the shots that I am able to with either set.

> >

> > Thank You. I have the S400s in my Glides currently and part of the appeal for me is that the T20 has the same shaft as the stock option. Really interesting feedback with regards to feel. How is turf interaction for you? Noticed that the stock T20s have a lower bounce than the Glides.

> > Thanks again!

>

> I always felt like with PING wedges the bounce/sole fit me well and shots generally seemed to be pretty crisp and 'thumpy' if that makes sense and I am not a digger at all. So far with the T20's it feels like I'm pinching it a bit more. The 60 degree I have is the low bounce version and was digging at first until I got used to it.

Sounds pretty fair. Your experience with Ping wedges sound familiar to mine. I will have to see if my shop has a club to demo. Definitely more interested in them now. Thanks again for the feedback.