2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Pro V1 Left Dash Coming to Retail Oct 1st

PostandGhost

> @dmb3535 said:

> are they supposed to be limited supply in store or online? Wonder if it is worth stopping by DSG and pga ss on way home

In a quick search earlier today I didn’t see them available online at dicks or pga ss. I’ve heard they are limited in quantities for each account and it wasn’t confirmed if once an account runs out if they can order more

Picked up a box yesterday at the driving range by work that I use on my lunch break (it has a better shop than most of the courses that I play). They had exactly six boxes of the left dash, along with six boxes of the new EXP01. I've got a pre-tournament practice round tomorrow and I think I'll play it alongside my standard ProV1x to gauge the feel and flight. Worst case scenario I picked up a Titleist novelty.

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

So the practice round never happened due to some unplanned work events. I just decided to take them to the test and play them in my tournament. Overall I have mixed feelings as a high spin player. These were an easy 10 yards longer than the ProV and noticeably harder than the ProV1X. My man hang up was the shortgame spin, which I felt it really lacked. Granted, my courses greens were firm and fast for the tournament this weekend so that is a factor. I also carded my first ever hole in one with this ball so it will always be a favorite. Overall, I’ll keep playing these with the initial reaction being positive but I doubt these will catch on with a long term production.

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

I have a buddy of mine that owns a custom club shop here locally in Springfield Missouri, he is telling me that he has to order six dozen minimum to place an order for the left dash ProV1. I really want to try these, but don’t want to buy six dozen of them. He said he is not placing an order to carry them in stock unless somebody Wants all 6 dozen. Anybody want to go in with me?

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

> @evanseze said:

> I have a buddy of mine that owns a custom club shop here locally in Springfield Missouri, he is telling me that he has to order six dozen minimum to place an order for the left dash ProV1. I really want to try these, but don’t want to buy six dozen of them. He said he is not placing an order to carry them in stock unless somebody Wants all 6 dozen. Anybody want to go in with me?

What is the deal with this amount? The proshop at my CC also ordered 6 dozen. Is this the max?

I had my fitting yesterday, and was informed that all of his allotment had already been spoken for here locally. He was able to order 12 dozen, but he’s pretty sure that is all he is going to get.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

> @Mookieb10 said:

> > @evanseze said:

> > I have a buddy of mine that owns a custom club shop here locally in Springfield Missouri, he is telling me that he has to order six dozen minimum to place an order for the left dash ProV1. I really want to try these, but don’t want to buy six dozen of them. He said he is not placing an order to carry them in stock unless somebody Wants all 6 dozen. Anybody want to go in with me?

>

>

> What is the deal with this amount? The proshop at my CC also ordered 6 dozen. Is this the max?

It’s definitely the minimum to get any in, not sure if they put a limit as well.

First post, but thought I would share my thoughts on the new ball. Had a gift card so decided to pick up a couple dozen. I’ve been playing the TM TP5x for a couple of years and have now played 3 rounds with the left dash. Ball performed well and is definitely longer off the tee that the TM ball. Spin is similar on full shots, maybe slightly less around the green. Ball performed well in the wind, but have to watch less than full downwind shots - it’s a lower spinning ball so you need adequate backspin to keep it in the air downwind. I’m going to play through these two dozen and see what my thoughts are afterwards. Availability will be a big factor going forward. If this is a limited release with little availability later - I’ll be back to TM for sure.

> @Bgreene18 said:

> First post, but thought I would share my thoughts on the new ball. Had a gift card so decided to pick up a couple dozen. I’ve been playing the TM TP5x for a couple of years and have now played 3 rounds with the left dash. Ball performed well and is definitely longer off the tee that the TM ball. Spin is similar on full shots, maybe slightly less around the green. Ball performed well in the wind, but have to watch less than full downwind shots - it’s a lower spinning ball so you need adequate backspin to keep it in the air downwind. I’m going to play through these two dozen and see what my thoughts are afterwards. Availability will be a big factor going forward. If this is a limited release with little availability later - I’ll be back to TM for sure.

Thanks for the feedback! TP5x is known as a lower spin ball, so it’s noticeably less spin with driver than that? Wow...!

> @SkolGolfTN said:

> Tough to want to dive in here. If these won’t be readily available, it’s going to be dicey to commit, get your yardages, and then not be able to track em down!

Exactly my worry. If they commit to leaving them available to order then fine. But if it’s a limit number gimmick I don’t even want to bother. Why love something that you can’t get ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So I’m told today by titleist that these will continue to be available for order in the future.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Cancel your order with Fairway Golf. I did, then ordered through Golfdom. Balls have shipped and I will have them by Friday. You cannot beat the customer service from Golfdom. Dan will get in touch and keep you updated through the ordering/shipping process. Top notch golf store in my opinion. For what it’s worth, Fairway was telling me 3-4 weeks until they would get a shipment.

Ping G Driver
Ping i25 3 Wood
Ping i25 2 Wybrid
Ping iblades 3-PW
Ping Glide 56* & 60*
Byron Morgan 615 GSS Polish Blue
'19 Taylormade TP5x

> @slingshot1981 said:

> Cancel your order with Fairway Golf. I did, then ordered through Golfdom. Balls have shipped and I will have them by Friday. You cannot beat the customer service from Golfdom. Dan will get in touch and keep you updated through the ordering/shipping process. Top notch golf store in my opinion. For what it’s worth, Fairway was telling me 3-4 weeks until they would get a shipment.

I did the exact same thing and received my order last week. Golfdom is great to deal with and I believe they will keep some in stock at their store.

Titleist TS3 8.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 13.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
TaylorMade P790 3 w/ HZRDUS Black 85 6.0
Callaway X Forged 4-PW w/ KBS $Taper 120
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610
Swag Savage Too
Taylormade TP5x

Finally got the chance to hit this after playing the tp5x, granted I only hit it for 6 holes but the flight was similar to that of the prov1x but the spin for me (against everything I want to admit) was noticeably less. Much more boring with the driver. I've been a tp5x guy for a bit and bounce back between the prov1 and prov1x but this certainly reminded me why titleist has a cult following.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @collje26 said:

> Finally got the chance to hit this after playing the tp5x, granted I only hit it for 6 holes but the flight was similar to that of the prov1x but the spin for me (against everything I want to admit) was noticeably less. Much more boring with the driver. I've been a tp5x guy for a bit and bounce back between the prov1 and prov1x but this certainly reminded me why titleist has a cult following.

Boring with driver sounds ideal???

> @SkolGolfTN said:

> > @collje26 said:

> > Finally got the chance to hit this after playing the tp5x, granted I only hit it for 6 holes but the flight was similar to that of the prov1x but the spin for me (against everything I want to admit) was noticeably less. Much more boring with the driver. I've been a tp5x guy for a bit and bounce back between the prov1 and prov1x but this certainly reminded me why titleist has a cult following.

>

> Boring with driver sounds ideal???

Yup! It launched just as high as the prov1x or a bit lower than the TP5x but spun much less than the standard prov1x. I compared it the next day to the tp5x for irons and wedges and spun more than the tp5x which for playing in Wisconsin we don’t have a ton of firm conditions so I will probably continue playing the tp5x.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @collje26 said:

> > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > > @collje26 said:

> > > Finally got the chance to hit this after playing the tp5x, granted I only hit it for 6 holes but the flight was similar to that of the prov1x but the spin for me (against everything I want to admit) was noticeably less. Much more boring with the driver. I've been a tp5x guy for a bit and bounce back between the prov1 and prov1x but this certainly reminded me why titleist has a cult following.

> >

> > Boring with driver sounds ideal???

>

> Yup! It launched just as high as the prov1x or a bit lower than the TP5x but spun much less than the standard prov1x. I compared it the next day to the tp5x for irons and wedges and spun more than the tp5x which for playing in Wisconsin we don’t have a ton of firm conditions so I will probably continue playing the tp5x.

>

>

Ok soooooo

same high traj as ProV1x

Lower spin with driver than Prov1 (less than TP5x?)

Higher spin with irons/wedge than TP5x

This sounds incredible... Prov1’s spin off the planet with driver for me on a mishit, but I love then around the green. This may be the best of both.

> @SkolGolfTN said:

> > @collje26 said:

> > > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > > > @collje26 said:

> > > > Finally got the chance to hit this after playing the tp5x, granted I only hit it for 6 holes but the flight was similar to that of the prov1x but the spin for me (against everything I want to admit) was noticeably less. Much more boring with the driver. I've been a tp5x guy for a bit and bounce back between the prov1 and prov1x but this certainly reminded me why titleist has a cult following.

> > >

> > > Boring with driver sounds ideal???

> >

> > Yup! It launched just as high as the prov1x or a bit lower than the TP5x but spun much less than the standard prov1x. I compared it the next day to the tp5x for irons and wedges and spun more than the tp5x which for playing in Wisconsin we don’t have a ton of firm conditions so I will probably continue playing the tp5x.

> >

> >

>

> Ok soooooo

>

> same high traj as ProV1x

> Lower spin with driver than Prov1 (less than TP5x?)

> Higher spin with irons/wedge than TP5x

>

> This sounds incredible... Prov1’s spin off the planet with driver for me on a mishit, but I love then around the green. This may be the best of both.

dont make me buy some of these!

> @monks66 said:

> wow they are so expensive on ebay...figured...is there anywhere we can purchase these

Any titleist account can purchase them or may still have some from the original 6 dozen they received. If the demand isn’t there a shop may not order them because of the 6 dozen minimum order requirement.

Check some of the online retailers to see if they are offering them

> @SkolGolfTN said:

> > @collje26 said:

> > > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > > > @collje26 said:

> > > > Finally got the chance to hit this after playing the tp5x, granted I only hit it for 6 holes but the flight was similar to that of the prov1x but the spin for me (against everything I want to admit) was noticeably less. Much more boring with the driver. I've been a tp5x guy for a bit and bounce back between the prov1 and prov1x but this certainly reminded me why titleist has a cult following.

> > >

> > > Boring with driver sounds ideal???

> >

> > Yup! It launched just as high as the prov1x or a bit lower than the TP5x but spun much less than the standard prov1x. I compared it the next day to the tp5x for irons and wedges and spun more than the tp5x which for playing in Wisconsin we don’t have a ton of firm conditions so I will probably continue playing the tp5x.

> >

> >

>

> Ok soooooo

>

> same high traj as ProV1x

> Lower spin with driver than Prov1 (less than TP5x?)

> Higher spin with irons/wedge than TP5x

>

> This sounds incredible... Prov1’s spin off the planet with driver for me on a mishit, but I love then around the green. This may be the best of both.

That is 100% what I experienced from my 27 holes playing it.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux