2019 Shriner's Hospitals for Children Open

124
5

Comments

  • RedproRedpro Members  1014WRX Points: 108Posts: 1,014 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #92

    A walk-in!!

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • flip flappyflip flappy Members  1017WRX Points: 195Posts: 1,017 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #93

    Did not see Cantlay 3 putting! Wow!

    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5
    Ping G400 5 wood
    Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
    Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select
  • jdljdl Masshole MassMembers  1992WRX Points: 458Handicap: 8Posts: 1,992 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #94

    Can we get a translation on what Kevin said in Korean? Looked very emotional there...

    Posted:
  • PZeroPZero Members  11634WRX Points: 984Handicap: 3Posts: 11,634 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #95

    Very glad to see Na take down Cantlay.

    No sure what he said in Korean, but he was emotional about it.

    Posted:
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  622WRX Points: 770Posts: 622 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #96

    Man, what a great win for Na.

    Posted:

    Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS2 Hybrid 19° 22°
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-6
    Mizuno MP-20 MB 7-PW
    Miura 52°, 56° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

  • Pepe8714Pepe8714 CAMembers  194WRX Points: 103Posts: 194 Fairways
    Joined:  #97

    Guessing his comments had to do with the Bio Kim controversy...

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • YuckYuck Fore! Members  2654WRX Points: 289Posts: 2,654 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #98

    Kevin Na age 36, moves to 29th on the All time money list with about $31.6 million, moving ahead of Henrik Stenson. Kevin cashes a lot of checks.

    Posted:
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members  10322WRX Points: 570Handicap: 12Posts: 10,322 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #99

    On -, @snizzle said:

    Na vs Cantlay is the best golf I've watched in awhile..who woulda thunk it.

    definitely great entertainment

    Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 
  • KrazyTrain18KrazyTrain18 West CoastMembers  3263WRX Points: 219Handicap: 1.5Posts: 3,263 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #100

    I love when guys like Na win, you can clearly see how much it meant to him and that he's not a robot. A certain scientist on tour could learn from Na about how to tackle his own slow play issues.

    Posted:
    915D3 9.5 (GD-DI 6S Black Edition)
    910F 15 (Diamana Kai'li 75S)
    712U 2I (DG S300)
    714 AP2 4-W (DG S300)
    SM6 (50-54-58) (DG S200)
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 (Studio Select)
    TP5
  • defsoaddefsoad Members  246WRX Points: 68Posts: 246 Fairways
    Joined:  edited Oct 7, 2019 #101

    On -, @jdl said:

    Can we get a translation on what Kevin said in Korean? Looked very emotional there...

    My Korean isn't so great, but the gist of it at the beginning was thanking his fans for supporting and believing in him. Then he went into this sort of Korean preacher mode and I couldn't follow, then told everyone he'll see them at the CJ Cup.

    Posted:
  • PZeroPZero Members  11634WRX Points: 984Handicap: 3Posts: 11,634 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #102

    I'll say it, Na is 10 times more fun to watch than Koepka.

    Posted:
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • flushemflushem Members  2077WRX Points: 425Handicap: 11.5Posts: 2,077 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #103

    what a see-saw event. pure clean entertainment. I cheered for both but glad to see Na prevailed. I could only imagine what he went through from triple @ 10th. IMO, Na was so motivated due to his little girl(Sophia)'s presence. As father, many of you understand it.

    Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6038WRX Points: 2,885Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,038 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #104

    3 wins in fifteen months for Kevin Na.

    I'm going to credit his quicker pace of play for his better results.

    He will move up to #24 in the world.

    He could end up playing himself in the President's Cup. (born in Seoul, came to the USA at age 8 and is now a citizen)

    Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9273WRX Points: 2,910Posts: 9,273 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #105

    Gutsy gutsy win for Na after the triple and rinsing one on the easy par 5

    Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6038WRX Points: 2,885Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,038 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #106

    Bryson will take the next ten weeks off to the HERO World Challenge to get "bigger, way stronger."

    https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/10/06/bryson-dechambeau-reveals-plan-bulk-up-shriners-hospitals-for-childrens-open.html

    Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members  11066WRX Points: 849Posts: 11,066 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #107

    What was Na talking about in Korean when he said not to believe the rumors about him?

    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • tideridertiderider Members  2997WRX Points: 2,029Handicap: 5ishPosts: 2,997 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #108

    love me some kevin na ... guy doesn't have "a swing" ... he changes everything on the downswing, every time ... old school guy ...

    Posted:
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Members  7051WRX Points: 323Posts: 7,051 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #109

    Wow Na has got some swag now. Kudos on snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9* Tensei Orange 60 X
    Ping G410 16.5 Tensei Orange 70 X
    Ping G410 19 Tensei X
    Ping G410 22 Tour 85 Stiff
    Ping i200 5-AW KBS Tour 120 Stiff
    Ping Glide Forged 56
    Ping Glide Forged 60
    Ping UG-LE Putter
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members  4842WRX Points: 549Posts: 4,842 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #110

    On -, @2putttom said:

    On -, @snizzle said:

    Na vs Cantlay is the best golf I've watched in awhile..who woulda thunk it.

    definitely great entertainment

    Are Na and Cantlay both still slow?

    Posted:
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers  2220WRX Points: 339Posts: 2,220 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #111

    I'll add he went on to say something about no matter what people said about him, he's happy. His golf bag doing the talking is the most powerful and you saw it here today. Something about biting his tongue or keeping his mouth shut and working hard to get here today.

    Posted:
  • 86020818602081 Members  2071WRX Points: 228Handicap: 10Posts: 2,071 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #112

    From Golf Channel translation

    "To my Korean fans, for always supporting and believing in me despite all these false rumors, I want to say thank you. No matter what anyone said about me, I have been very happy. So as I kept my mouth shut, I feel like I showed you my feelings with my clubs today. Even as I bit my tongue, I have gotten to this point. Thank you to my fans again. I will see you soon at the CJ Cup."

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • the bishopthe bishop Members  3928WRX Points: 943Posts: 3,928 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Oct 7, 2019 #113

    On -, @iBanesto said:

    On -, @2putttom said:

    On -, @snizzle said:

    Na vs Cantlay is the best golf I've watched in awhile..who woulda thunk it.

    definitely great entertainment

    Are Na and Cantlay both still slow?

    Cantlay is quite slow, no doubt. Na has improved considerably over the years. I think that's why he gets some respect here now is that he acknowledged he had a problem and worked to fix it, including a period where he had problems just taking the club back. He's not Matt Jones fast but his pace of play is much better than it used to be. I have to admit, Na has grown on me over the last several years. I was happy to see him win.

    Posted:
    W/S D7 10.5*
    W/S D7 15*
    W/S D7 19*/22*
    W/S FG62 5-P
    W/S Staff Model 52/56/60
    Newport Pro Platinum
  • lenman73lenman73 Members  842WRX Points: 186Posts: 842 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #114

    Very happy for Mr. Na. To win in his home town and with his family there and he seems like a cool dude in his interviews. I have been a fan of his for a while now.

    Posted:
  • NevinWNevinW Southside, West VirginiaClubWRX  1195WRX Points: 215Handicap: 4Posts: 1,195 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #115

    I thought it was a great tournament and Na & Cantlay really kept the interest level up. I was rooting for both of them. That front pin position on 17 is pretty diabolical. Anything hit at the pin that comes up short at all rolls into the water as Cantlay proved and the bunker on the right is no bail-out as the bunker shot is extremely difficult. I used to take one more club and hit for the middle of the green and hope not to 3 putt. I had many a good round ruined on 17 during my time there.

    Posted:
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX  25657WRX Points: 828Handicap: GolfPosts: 25,657 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #116

    On -, @8602081 said:

    From Golf Channel translation

    "To my Korean fans, for always supporting and believing in me despite all these false rumors, I want to say thank you. No matter what anyone said about me, I have been very happy. So as I kept my mouth shut, I feel like I showed you my feelings with my clubs today. Even as I bit my tongue, I have gotten to this point. Thank you to my fans again. I will see you soon at the CJ Cup."

    Whatever was said about him, it obviously hurt him enough to address Koreans directly.

    I was very glad he won. I was rooting for him hard. But that was a great playoff.

    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    (MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)







  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10339WRX Points: 3,541Handicap: 8Posts: 10,339 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #117

    On -, @Yuck said:

    Kevin Na age 36, moves to 29th on the All time money list with about $31.6 million, moving ahead of Henrik Stenson. Kevin cashes a lot of checks.

    He is pretty steady, a lot like CH'III. I think he is someone who has really made the most out of his career and game. Plus, he is someone that took to heart the criticism of being slow to pull the trigger and worked really hard to fix his glitch that had him standing over the ball forever. I think we need more Na's in the game.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10339WRX Points: 3,541Handicap: 8Posts: 10,339 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #118

    On -, @tbowles411 said:

    On -, @8602081 said:

    From Golf Channel translation

    "To my Korean fans, for always supporting and believing in me despite all these false rumors, I want to say thank you. No matter what anyone said about me, I have been very happy. So as I kept my mouth shut, I feel like I showed you my feelings with my clubs today. Even as I bit my tongue, I have gotten to this point. Thank you to my fans again. I will see you soon at the CJ Cup."

    Whatever was said about him, it obviously hurt him enough to address Koreans directly.

    I was very glad he won. I was rooting for him hard. But that was a great playoff.

    Interesting, I wonder what it was??

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX  25657WRX Points: 828Handicap: GolfPosts: 25,657 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #119

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @tbowles411 said:

    On -, @8602081 said:

    From Golf Channel translation

    "To my Korean fans, for always supporting and believing in me despite all these false rumors, I want to say thank you. No matter what anyone said about me, I have been very happy. So as I kept my mouth shut, I feel like I showed you my feelings with my clubs today. Even as I bit my tongue, I have gotten to this point. Thank you to my fans again. I will see you soon at the CJ Cup."

    Whatever was said about him, it obviously hurt him enough to address Koreans directly.

    I was very glad he won. I was rooting for him hard. But that was a great playoff.

    Interesting, I wonder what it was??

    He won't elaborate after they asked him. It must have been bad. I'm betting some enterprising journalist will find out.

    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    (MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)







  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10339WRX Points: 3,541Handicap: 8Posts: 10,339 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #120

    On -, @tbowles411 said:

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @tbowles411 said:

    On -, @8602081 said:

    From Golf Channel translation

    "To my Korean fans, for always supporting and believing in me despite all these false rumors, I want to say thank you. No matter what anyone said about me, I have been very happy. So as I kept my mouth shut, I feel like I showed you my feelings with my clubs today. Even as I bit my tongue, I have gotten to this point. Thank you to my fans again. I will see you soon at the CJ Cup."

    Whatever was said about him, it obviously hurt him enough to address Koreans directly.

    I was very glad he won. I was rooting for him hard. But that was a great playoff.

    Interesting, I wonder what it was??

    He won't elaborate after they asked him. It must have been bad. I'm betting some enterprising journalist will find out.

    I am reaching a bit, but having lived in Asia for a few years, I would put money on that Koreans do not think he is Korean enough or something like that. That is a pretty standard sentiment towards those that live outside their country of origin. They tend to feel that those that live outside of their country are abandoning it.

    Again, just a guess, but I have heard the things they call american born Chinese, etc. It is not very nice, and I could see how Na may be hurt hearing it. Especially if they post on his social media outlets.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • playar32playar32 Unregistered  305WRX Points: 119Posts: 305 Greens
    Joined:  #121

    Na is definitely, I don't want to say old school, but more throwback. Meaning, his game isn't about power, it's about playing the correct shot.

    If you watched today, he appeared at some points to be fighting his swing. However, he played golf today, not golf swing, something we can all learn from.

    Posted:
5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.