2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

ad's in the comments now???!??!

Seeing this pop-up in every thread i click. it's in between about every 5 post.

conrpvd7ll4n.png

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I use an adblocker and do not see any advertisements on WRX now. Those annoying ads are the reason I got AdGuard.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

I have adblock for chrome - i'll need to adjust it a little more now.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110

Holy shit these ad "comments" inserted into threads are an unbelievable choice. Must have been a real priority getting the new layout launched so we could have autoplaying videos every fourth post in every thread. Way to prioritize intrusive revenue streams over commonplace forum features.

"Hey guys, we still haven't taken the time to get feedback up and running to keep your transactions safe, but the good news is you can now enjoy accidentally clicking on ads in every single thread!"

You just can't stop trying to tank the site traffic, can you?

• Like 3

thanks for closing the topic. ad's in the comments in every topic i click.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1795420/ads-in-the-comments-now#latest

tu8p819l88v3.png

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110

Nothing > @"Olde Maroon" said:

> Holy **** these ad "comments" inserted into threads are an unbelievable choice. Must have been a real priority getting the new layout launched so we could have autoplaying videos every fourth post in every thread. Way to prioritize intrusive revenue streams over commonplace forum features.

>

> "Hey guys, we still haven't taken the time to get feedback up and running to keep your transactions safe, but the good news is you can now enjoy accidentally clicking on ads in every single thread!"

>

> You just can't stop trying to tank the site traffic, can you?

Ads were previously embedded within posts. Traffic hasn’t decreased, ad impressions did. Feedback has no eta as we are running into continual blocks and all resources are being dedicated to this theme.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

f9hhgq69a0jv.jpg

So this is a new thing. Is it going to continue to be around. I really dont want to look at an ad in the middle of every thread. This photo is in this very thread

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

> @Gxgolfer said:

> Ads were previously embedded within posts. Traffic hasn’t decreased, ad impressions did.

You may be right. Traffic may be the same since all sorts of scammers frequent the classified sections now.

And you can claim that "ad impressions" are down, but the fact that people are immediately posting about how intrusive the new look is suggests that maybe you aren't focusing on user experience.

Just admit that you are focusing resources on increasing ad revenue at the cost of user experience and safe BST transactions. Own that shit instead of spitting out useless statistical jargon that runs counter to what members are reporting.

• Like 2

wrong, an ad didn't post like a comment. this was not how it previously was.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110

Thank you for your feedback and it’s noted.

> @"Olde Maroon" said:

> > @Gxgolfer said:

> > Ads were previously embedded within posts. Traffic hasn’t decreased, ad impressions did.

>

> You may be right. Traffic may be the same since all sorts of scammers frequent the classified sections now.

>

> And you can claim that "ad impressions" are down, but the fact that people are immediately posting about how intrusive the new look is suggests that maybe you aren't focusing on user experience.

>

> Just admit that you are focusing resources on increasing ad revenue at the cost of user experience and safe BST transactions. Own that **** instead of spitting out useless statistical jargon that runs counter to what members are reporting.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

> @Yanki01 said:

> wrong, an ad didn't post like a comment. this was not how it previously was.

Yes, the delivery method changed.

BST AD Help

That is not a universal statement as it works fine on modern mobile devices. We are reformatting it for older devices.

BST AD Help

Sorry

I won’t engage beyond what was already stated as there really is no point. We see the issue, and addressing on reformatting. The inline ads are staying.

BST AD Help

I'm on a galaxy s9 and find it very intrusive. I wont be on this site much longer if it stays this way on mobile. I dont mind banners at the top and bottom. But in the middle of a thread is ridiculous

• Like 3

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

> @Bobb3rdown said:

> I'm on a galaxy s9 and find it very intrusive. I wont be on this site much longer if it stays this way on mobile. I dont mind banners at the top and bottom. But in the middle of a thread is ridiculous

> @bigmoneyp said:

> > @Gxgolfer said:

> > That is not a universal statement as it works fine on modern mobile devices. We are reformatting it for older devices.

>

> I have a modern device. I didn't say the ads don't work. I said the user experience sucks. It's not a format issue, these ads are intrusive.

Feedback noted. Ads were embedded in threads before. Now it’s a separate post.

BST AD Help

I see this in some forums i've visited where i'm not a member but browsing. the ads go away when you become a member. THIS is horrible.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110

> @Gxgolfer said:

> > @Bobb3rdown said:

> > I'm on a galaxy s9 and find it very intrusive. I wont be on this site much longer if it stays this way on mobile. I dont mind banners at the top and bottom. But in the middle of a thread is ridiculous

>

> > @bigmoneyp said:

> > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > That is not a universal statement as it works fine on modern mobile devices. We are reformatting it for older devices.

> >

> > I have a modern device. I didn't say the ads don't work. I said the user experience sucks. It's not a format issue, these ads are intrusive.

>

> Feedback noted. Ads were embedded in threads before. Now it’s a separate post.

>

why do that? why make the user experience worse?

Serious question. Does the revenue go up enough to compensate for losing users?

• Like 1

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

Bottom line yes, we lost significant revenue last seven months due to lack of delivering impressions.

BST AD Help

I understand needing to improve ad revenue to keep the site running and free.

It looks like most of us don't like the ads as "posts" for every 6th comment in a thread. I do not want to read threads today because of this. Maybe every 10th comment would be a better rate? Also agree that top and bottom banners are fine. Please keep on tweaking and working to improve this. There can be a happy medium.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

> @Gxgolfer said:

> Bottom line yes, we lost significant revenue last seven months due to lack of delivering impressions.

First, I appreciate the candor.

Second, this is the wrong way to right the ship. No one here wants to see this place fail, as it has become an online home for many of us to delve into our addiction to and adoration for all things golf. This decision feels like a knee-jerk reaction to bad revenue numbers, probably suggested by someone who is not connected to the user experience. Believe it or not, when you treat us like numbers on a spreadsheet, we can immediately feel that change and it impacts our willingness to frequent the site. You may feel like you have a captive audience. You may feel like you've bottomed out, and that those of us who still visit regularly will never change that behavior since we haven't over the past seven months. That feeling is incorrect. I can only speak for myself, but my willingness to continue to visit this site the last seven months has been based on the belief that you were trying your best to deliver the best user experience, despite it not happening as quickly as you would like. I have always believed that you were working your hardest to improve the site *for the users* so it would continue to grow and flourish.

This decision changes that. You are making a decision that you know (or should have known, or now know) actively makes our experience worse in the name of increasing "ad impressions". You are taking resources that could go to building the site back up and you are using them to try to force revenue growth to the detriment of the users.

There are two choices, I think, going forward. One, you stop these types of decisions and try to build the site back up to what it can and should be, therefore increasing revenues organically through growth/traffic. I don't know how dire the situation is, so I don't know if this is feasible. Two, you continue to make...decisions that sacrifice user experience for straight revenue. If you take the latter, I would at the least recommend some communication with users. Post a message at the top of every page linking to a post about what is changing and why. Be honest and open about what needs to happen in order for the site to continue to host the content we all love. Say "we know this isn't ideal, but we are trying to compromise on how to keep providing content while we work our way out of this hole we find ourselves in. Thank you for your patience and feedback as we continue to sort things out." Surprising us with these changes does not encourage patience and tolerance. Again, we want this place to succeed, and if we are made to feel like these changes are something you acknowledge as sub-optimal but necessary for the time being, we may have a different response.

Honestly, I wish you all the best of luck in figuring this all out. I am sure it is incredibly frustrating and difficult.

• Like 4

> @"Puttersaurus Rex" said:

> I understand needing to improve ad revenue to keep the site running and free.

>

> It looks like most of us don't like the ads as "posts" for every 6th comment in a thread. I do not want to read threads today because of this. Maybe every 10th comment would be a better rate? Also agree that top and bottom banners are fine. Please keep on tweaking and working to improve this. There can be a happy medium.

I'll second this. On my desktop, there are **_five_** different GolfWRX posts with ads on _**this**_ page, which prior to my comment, has 30 total posts (25 user, 5 ads). That means that 20% of the posts on this page are ads. If ads are a necessity, can't they be one per page?

Also, and maybe I'll get destroyed for suggesting this, is there a way to pay to get rid of the ads? I'd gladly pay a yearly fee to make the experience ad-free because, in the long run, it is much more efficient for me to just pay to make the ads go away then it would be to find another forum to visit and spend time figuring out who is actually helpful and who isn't.

• Like 4

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

what's sad is most of us upset with these issues are long time members. I've been here for over 10yrs, some longer and some around the same time. it's amazing to see what this site is becoming.

• Like 2

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110