Diamana ZF

autronicdsm

K> @BearQ said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Sry skipped a bunch of replies - Will this be CB'ed?

>

> It does not seem so

>

>

Historically, the Diamana shafts are not counter balanced shafts. Mitsubishi CB’s the Fubuki line and the infamous Tensei Pro Orange.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @golfgolfguru said:

> What’s the spin like compared to bf?

Not many outside of Tour players will have hit the ZF at this point. Release date is in September. Mitsubishi says the ZF is mid launch low spin vs BF being mid launch mid-low spin.

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> Diamana ZF Press Release from 7/2/19:

>

> Carlsbad, CA – (July 01, 2019) – For the first time ever, Mitsubishi Chemical is adding a fourth profile to their popular Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series. The new Diamana™ ZF builds on the success of the Diamana™ BF and provides the perfect option for players looking to push their distance farther.

>

> “Diamana™ ZF-Series takes the signature ‘smooth’ bend profile that makes our BF-Series the shaft of choice for so many players and pushes it in just the right places,” says Mark Gunther, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for MCA GOLF. “The result is a profile that makes ZF a little more explosive and easier to accelerate.”

>

> Like all of their Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series predecessors, Diamana™ ZF shafts owe their carefully calibrated stiffness and stability to two unique technologies: MR70 carbon fiber material, and Boron fiber.

>

> MR70, used in both the butt and tip sections, is 20% stronger than conventional materials, with a 10% greater modulus (a measure of stiffness). This is bolstered by Boron fiber in the tip section to create the exact EI curve desired.

>

> When compared to Diamana™ BF-Series, the Diamana™ ZF-Series shafts are a moderately stronger and more stable in both the butt and tip ends, with a slightly softer and more active middle for better energy transfer and acceleration. This produces a shaft that is incredibly solid during transition at the top of the swing and through impact, but with smooth speed and a lively feel.

>

> Adding to the excitement around Diamana™ ZF-Series is the inclusion of 40g version, the lightest Fourth Generation Shaft offered to date.

>

> “We’re extremely happy to have a 40g option within Diamana™ ZF,” says Gunther. “This opens the performance benefits of these unique Mitsubishi Chemical materials to a whole new range of players who prefer to play an ultra-lightweight shaft.”

>

> Diamana™ ZF-Series are ideal for any player looking to increase clubhead acceleration while maintaining stability and control through impact.

>

> Diamana™ ZF-Series will be available September, 13 2019 at MCA GOLF authorized retailers and dealers nationwide, with a suggested retail price of$400.

>

> Weights and flexes:

> DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 40 (R2, R, S Flex)

> DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 50 (R, S, TX Flex)

> DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 60 (S, TX Flex)

> DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 70 (S, TX Flex)

> DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 80 (S, TX Flex)

>

> Profile:

> Mid Launch and Low Spin

>

> Technology Featured:

>

> MR70

> Specifically designed and developed by Mitsubishi Chemical for high-performance applications, MR70 is an innovative new carbon fiber material that is 20% stronger with a 10% greater modulus than conventional materials.

>

> BORON

> Boron fiber is equivalent in stiffness to high modulus carbon fiber, but with superior compression strength. As a result, it is often utilized for structural reinforcement, most notably in military applications. Mitsubishi Chemical uses Boron fiber in combination with other proprietary materials to produce prepreg options that deliver unprecedented strength and stability.

>

> ION PLATING

> Ion Plating is a process that creates a sophisticated, premium finish that cannot be achieved by a simple paint application. The shafts are placed in a vacuum chamber where chrome or silver alloy ions are fused to the surface, creating a stunning finish that is more than worth the extra time.

>

> ABOUT US

> MCA GOLF, INC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, dedicated to designing and developing high performance composite golf shafts for discerning golfers everywhere. MCA GOLF, INC. leverages its own resources and raw materials through vertical integration, which gives it a competitive advantage. Over the years, it has been a leading supplier of premium composite golf shafts worldwide. With many of the world's best players using its golf shafts, MCA GOLF, INC. has established itself as a dominant force in the golf industry.

>

> For additional information, please contact:

>

> Stacey Benvenuto

> Brand Marketing / Tour Representative

> MCA GOLF, INC.

> E. [email protected]

>

> Date:

> July 02, 2019

The chart on your website now says this is a mid launch mid spin shaft?

I think you read the chart wrong.

o8bdlohqu49e.png

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > Diamana ZF Press Release from 7/2/19:

> >

> > Carlsbad, CA – (July 01, 2019) – For the first time ever, Mitsubishi Chemical is adding a fourth profile to their popular Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series. The new Diamana™ ZF builds on the success of the Diamana™ BF and provides the perfect option for players looking to push their distance farther.

> >

> > “Diamana™ ZF-Series takes the signature ‘smooth’ bend profile that makes our BF-Series the shaft of choice for so many players and pushes it in just the right places,” says Mark Gunther, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for MCA GOLF. “The result is a profile that makes ZF a little more explosive and easier to accelerate.”

> >

> > Like all of their Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series predecessors, Diamana™ ZF shafts owe their carefully calibrated stiffness and stability to two unique technologies: MR70 carbon fiber material, and Boron fiber.

> >

> > MR70, used in both the butt and tip sections, is 20% stronger than conventional materials, with a 10% greater modulus (a measure of stiffness). This is bolstered by Boron fiber in the tip section to create the exact EI curve desired.

> >

> > When compared to Diamana™ BF-Series, the Diamana™ ZF-Series shafts are a moderately stronger and more stable in both the butt and tip ends, with a slightly softer and more active middle for better energy transfer and acceleration. This produces a shaft that is incredibly solid during transition at the top of the swing and through impact, but with smooth speed and a lively feel.

> >

> > Adding to the excitement around Diamana™ ZF-Series is the inclusion of 40g version, the lightest Fourth Generation Shaft offered to date.

> >

> > “We’re extremely happy to have a 40g option within Diamana™ ZF,” says Gunther. “This opens the performance benefits of these unique Mitsubishi Chemical materials to a whole new range of players who prefer to play an ultra-lightweight shaft.”

> >

> > Diamana™ ZF-Series are ideal for any player looking to increase clubhead acceleration while maintaining stability and control through impact.

> >

> > Diamana™ ZF-Series will be available September, 13 2019 at MCA GOLF authorized retailers and dealers nationwide, with a suggested retail price of$400.

> >

> > Weights and flexes:

> > DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 40 (R2, R, S Flex)

> > DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 50 (R, S, TX Flex)

> > DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 60 (S, TX Flex)

> > DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 70 (S, TX Flex)

> > DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 80 (S, TX Flex)

> >

> > Profile:

> > Mid Launch and Low Spin

> >

> > Technology Featured:

> >

> > MR70

> > Specifically designed and developed by Mitsubishi Chemical for high-performance applications, MR70 is an innovative new carbon fiber material that is 20% stronger with a 10% greater modulus than conventional materials.

> >

> > BORON

> > Boron fiber is equivalent in stiffness to high modulus carbon fiber, but with superior compression strength. As a result, it is often utilized for structural reinforcement, most notably in military applications. Mitsubishi Chemical uses Boron fiber in combination with other proprietary materials to produce prepreg options that deliver unprecedented strength and stability.

> >

> > ION PLATING

> > Ion Plating is a process that creates a sophisticated, premium finish that cannot be achieved by a simple paint application. The shafts are placed in a vacuum chamber where chrome or silver alloy ions are fused to the surface, creating a stunning finish that is more than worth the extra time.

> >

> > ABOUT US

> > MCA GOLF, INC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, dedicated to designing and developing high performance composite golf shafts for discerning golfers everywhere. MCA GOLF, INC. leverages its own resources and raw materials through vertical integration, which gives it a competitive advantage. Over the years, it has been a leading supplier of premium composite golf shafts worldwide. With many of the world's best players using its golf shafts, MCA GOLF, INC. has established itself as a dominant force in the golf industry.

> >

> > For additional information, please contact:

> >

> > Stacey Benvenuto

> > Brand Marketing / Tour Representative

> > MCA GOLF, INC.

> > E. [email protected]

> >

> > Date:

> > July 02, 2019

>

> Sounds like a perfect 3w match to me!

I was thinking the exact same thing

Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
Titleist Pro V1x

> @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> @76mpg Hi - thanks for bringing this to our attention!

>

> This issue is currently being resolved - Diamana ZF is considered Mid Launch - Low Spin.

>

> Thanks again!

>

> -Team MCA

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to giving the ZF a shot...beautiful looking product as well.

> @gambit said:

> > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > @76mpg Hi - thanks for bringing this to our attention!

> >

> > This issue is currently being resolved - Diamana ZF is considered Mid Launch - Low Spin.

> >

> > Thanks again!

> >

> > -Team MCA

>

> Is the spin on par with with the DF? Debating if I should try this in driver or fw.

Make it easy on yourself. Get one for each ;-)

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @gambit said:

> > > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > > @76mpg Hi - thanks for bringing this to our attention!

> > >

> > > This issue is currently being resolved - Diamana ZF is considered Mid Launch - Low Spin.

> > >

> > > Thanks again!

> > >

> > > -Team MCA

> >

> > Is the spin on par with with the DF? Debating if I should try this in driver or fw.

>

> Make it easy on yourself. Get one for each ;-)

I think you're right about that lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering a 8tx in my next 3wood build. Likely straight in, as I’ve gone away from excessive tipping + tx models tip is already plenty stiff.

I’ve previously played a kai’li 80x and B series 80x both tipped 1”. I loved both setups but always wished for both to be tightened up a bit. ZF would be exactly that.

I’ve been on a 3w shaft deep ocean dive for a while. Also have current builds with black tie 80x, tour ad tp 8x- like them don’t love them. Still looking for that special 3w pairing...

• 2 weeks later...

> @zeke66 said:

> Looking to knock my descent angle down from Tensei PO 70tx and Ventus I’ve tried. Never driven the ball straighter than with ventus but really high no roll. ZF a candidate?

Have you thought about the new Ventus Black? It’s a true low/low option in the same shaft family..

Definitely mid launch then “flat” boring ball flight. Similar feeling to Tensei ckPro Blue but with mid high kick point.

trhrww8alpcl.jpeg

Rogue ST LS 💎💎💎 9* Autoflex SF505XX

Rogue ST LS #3 15* Autoflex SF505X
Callaway Apex UW 19* TourAD HD7X
TM P790 4i KBS cTaper 115 X

PRGR 00 irons 5-P KBS cTaper 120X
50*-10 Raw JAWS Forged S-grind Modus3 125S
54*-10 Raw JAWS Raw Forged C-grind Modus3 125S
58*-08 Raw JAWS Raw T-grind Modus3 125S
Toulon San Diego long slant neck limited edition 35”

> @HidekiWoods said:

> Any swing data, Toll?

Swing speed 115mph based on Foresight GCQUAD

Driver used Callaway Epic Flash Subzero triple diamond with -1 Neutral setting

Average number based on 5 TP5X balls

A slight correction on Tensei Orange Shaft was CKPro 6X not 6S

qwfbswcf57qg.jpeg

o0zct1p4pewz.jpeg

• Like 1

> @Putn4par1 said:

> > @st_pedro said:

> > > @HidekiWoods said:

> > > Any swing data, Toll?

> >

> > Swing speed 115mph based on Foresight GCQUAD

> > Driver used Callaway Epic Flash Subzero triple diamond with -1 Neutral setting

> > Average number based on 5 TP5X balls

> > A slight correction on Tensei Orange Shaft was CKPro 6X not 6S

> >

> > qwfbswcf57qg.jpeg

> >

> > o0zct1p4pewz.jpeg

> >

> >

>

> What was the Diamana ZF tipped at? Could you list the tipping on all the comparison shafts as well?

ZF 6X no tip for now

Tensei Orange 6X tipped 0.5”

Tensei Orange CkPro 6X as is

Tensei Blue 6TX tipped 0.5”

Fujikura EVO4 6X tipped 0.5”

XC 6X & 7X standard

Trying to achieve D3 swing weight in general, Orange Tensei being counter balanced falls to D2

ZF requires additional 5 grams of lead tape

XC performed better without

Please take into account that personal swing error might affect in this testing

• 5 weeks later...

> @st_pedro said:

> > @HidekiWoods said:

> > Any swing data, Toll?

>

> Swing speed 115mph based on Foresight GCQUAD

> Driver used Callaway Epic Flash Subzero triple diamond with -1 Neutral setting

> Average number based on 5 TP5X balls

> A slight correction on Tensei Orange Shaft was CKPro 6X not 6S

>

> qwfbswcf57qg.jpeg

>

> o0zct1p4pewz.jpeg

>

>

You have the exact same swing/ball speed numbers that I have and the same driver head in the same -1 setting so this is very helpful! What's interesting is that the shaft you show says X but all the listings I see have TX. Are there both an X and TX in the ZF? I know some diamana versions have that. What were your thoughts on feel and dispersion?

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*) - Testing: Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist 915fd 13.5* @12.75* - Atmos Blue TS 8x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 818H1 21* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Toulon Garage San Diego, Odyssey #7 CH; Odyssey Tour Black #9

> @Pomps said:

> > @st_pedro said:

> > > @HidekiWoods said:

> > > Any swing data, Toll?

> >

> > Swing speed 115mph based on Foresight GCQUAD

> > Driver used Callaway Epic Flash Subzero triple diamond with -1 Neutral setting

> > Average number based on 5 TP5X balls

> > A slight correction on Tensei Orange Shaft was CKPro 6X not 6S

> >

> > qwfbswcf57qg.jpeg

> >

> > o0zct1p4pewz.jpeg

> >

> >

>

> You have the exact same swing/ball speed numbers that I have and the same driver head in the same -1 setting so this is very helpful! What's interesting is that the shaft you show says X but all the listings I see have TX. Are there both an X and TX in the ZF? I know some diamana versions have that. What were your thoughts on feel and dispersion?

Yes the ZF does come in 6TX, I personally chose the X and will trim the tip accordingly should needed but so far it’s holding up well. As for feel, it’s based on BF EI profile with stiffer butt and tip sections. Definitely it has a pronounced “kick” in the mid section. With proper warm up I did reach 170 ball speed, playing condition whilst carrying the GCQuad

> @st_pedro said:

> > @Pomps said:

> > > @st_pedro said:

> > > > @HidekiWoods said:

> > > > Any swing data, Toll?

> > >

> > > Swing speed 115mph based on Foresight GCQUAD

> > > Driver used Callaway Epic Flash Subzero triple diamond with -1 Neutral setting

> > > Average number based on 5 TP5X balls

> > > A slight correction on Tensei Orange Shaft was CKPro 6X not 6S

> > >

> > > qwfbswcf57qg.jpeg

> > >

> > > o0zct1p4pewz.jpeg

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You have the exact same swing/ball speed numbers that I have and the same driver head in the same -1 setting so this is very helpful! What's interesting is that the shaft you show says X but all the listings I see have TX. Are there both an X and TX in the ZF? I know some diamana versions have that. What were your thoughts on feel and dispersion?

>

>

>

> Yes the ZF does come in 6TX, I personally chose the X and will trim the tip accordingly should needed but so far it’s holding up well. As for feel, it’s based on BF EI profile with stiffer butt and tip sections. Definitely it has a pronounced “kick” in the mid section. With proper warm up I did reach 170 ball speed, playing condition whilst carrying the GCQuad

>

>

Thanks for the feedback. It's cool that it comes in x and TX for just another option. I just found it weird that the X is not shown on the MRC website.

In thinking about the labeling, while sure not every 7 or 70 labeled shaft is exactly 70 grams, on the ZF it looks like in the TX, the 60 labeled is actually basically 70 at 69g and the 70TX is actually 80 grams. Why not just call it the 80TX and then call the 60TX actually 70TX since it's actually closer to that than 60? It's seems like for R flex they're close to the labeled. Since S flex is the mid point and is 65, why not just call that 65 and then R and TX can vary in weight accordingly. Or here's another meaningless thought, why not just call each shaft what the actual weight is, so 60TX would be 69TX. Just thinking out loud haha.

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/zf-series

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*) - Testing: Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist 915fd 13.5* @12.75* - Atmos Blue TS 8x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 818H1 21* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Toulon Garage San Diego, Odyssey #7 CH; Odyssey Tour Black #9