Just another reason to buy Ping ...

Little Ned ·  
Little NedLittle Ned Members  1159WRX Points: 105Posts: 1,159 Platinum Tees

14 free Arccos Sensors

And from how it appears, you only have to buy 1 club (of the many eligible for the promotion). This is a great deal!

Posted:
Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers  2504WRX Points: 749Handicap: 0.9Posts: 2,504 Titanium Tees

What are you guys referring to?

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers  2504WRX Points: 749Handicap: 0.9Posts: 2,504 Titanium Tees

Nevermind.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS
  • AG12AG12 Members  2092WRX Points: 1,055Handicap: 10Posts: 2,092 Platinum Tees

On -, @GolfChannel said:

What are you guys referring to?

PING is offering free Arccos tabs for your clubs if you buy one of their most recent offerings. It also includes a 90 day free trial of the Arccos app features with the GPS, etc to track the clubs. Then after the 90 days it becomes $99.99/year. I bought two PING Glide 3.0 wedges and qualified. You just need the serial number off the club and download the app.

On -, @Little Ned included the link
    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    4W: PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70
    4HY: PING G410 21* Accra FX 300H
    Irons: PING G410 5-UW Project X LZ 120
    Wedges: Bettinardi HLX 3.0 50/54/58 S200
    Putter: Toulon Las Vegas 
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x #12
    WITB
  • NylerticholsNylertichols Members  21WRX Points: 9Posts: 21 Bunkers

Awesome thanks for posting - process was easy. Really good deal for the G400LST I bought this spring for $300

Posted:
  • Little NedLittle Ned Members  1159WRX Points: 105Posts: 1,159 Platinum Tees

On -, @Nylertichols said:

Awesome thanks for posting - process was easy. Really good deal for the G400LST I bought this spring for $300

Does the Arccos "trial" start immediately? Or can you hold off until perhaps the Spring?

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Cobra F8 7W
    Cobra F8 4H
    Callaway MD3 54*
    Callaway MD PM 58*
    Ping Sigma G Tyne

Advertisement
  • blarkin97blarkin97 Members  117WRX Points: 61Handicap: 9.0Posts: 117 Fairways

The Arccos trial starts right away I think. Although I will probably just sign up for the year after the 90 days.

Am I the only one that spends $30-$40 for the year on GPS apps anyways? The extra $60 for the year for all that data seems worth it for sure. Also I will recoup all that money when I cancel my PGA Tour live membership because ever since they put it on the NBC app it stinks.

Either way this was a great deal in my mind

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX 10.5* Stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash 3W 15*
    Adams Idea Super 3H 19*
    Adams Idea Super 4H 22*
    PING i210 5-U AWT 2.0 Stiff // Maltby PTM Black 5-G (Testing)
    Cleveland CBX 54* & 58* TT Wedge Flex
    Odyssey O-Works Black #3T 34"
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3025WRX Points: 1,277Posts: 3,025 Titanium Tees

Where do you enter the PING product serial #? It never asked me

Posted:

Epic Flash / Apex / Epic / MD4 / Phantom X5.5 + Pro 2.0 TS / ATMOS TS Blue / Pro 2.0 / Nippon

• NylerticholsNylertichols Members  21WRX Points: 9Posts: 21 Bunkers

Where do you enter the PING product serial #? It never asked me

You submit the ping serial # on the ping website. Log into your ping account then click the arccos button. It will ask you for two items Serial # of product and the email you signed up on.>

On -, @Little Ned said:

On -, @Nylertichols said:

Does the Arccos "trial" start immediately? Or can you hold off until perhaps the Spring?

I believe it does start immediately - guessing this was by design to get new users during their usual down cycle. Would be nice if it was spring.

Posted:
  • MacklessdaddyMacklessdaddy Members  543WRX Points: 123Posts: 543 Golden Tee

Dang, bought my irons 3 months ago

Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Kuro Kage
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G 3 and 4 Hybrid Tour 90
    Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland CBX 54 58
    Bridgestone TD-03 
  • myspinonitmyspinonit Members  2976WRX Points: 202Posts: 2,976 Titanium Tees

On -, @Macklessdaddy said:

Suggest you re-read the offer on the Ping site (and through the comments in this thread). It's for owners of qualified clubs, doesn't say you have to purchase now.

Unfortunately no good for me as 1. I don't live in the US and 2. So far I've avoided needing to pay for a smartphone.

Out of curiosity though, any comments for users on how these affect (perceived) swingweight, or at least feel?

Posted:

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°  Alta CB 55 R

Ping G410 5 and 7 Woods Alta CB 65 R

Ping G410 4 and 5 hybrids  Alta CB 70 R

Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A

Vokey SM6 49.07 F &  54.08M, SM4 58.09 S  Steelfiber i80 R

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5  34"

Advertisement
  • mtcowdogmtcowdog BozemanMembers  18WRX Points: 41Handicap: 12Posts: 18 Bunkers

I jumped on this with a G400Max that I bought last year. Looking forward to trying Arccos.

Posted:

On -, @myspinonit said:

Suggest you re-read the offer on the Ping site (and through the comments in this thread). It's for owners of qualified clubs, doesn't say you have to purchase now.

Unfortunately no good for me as 1. I don't live in the US and 2. So far I've avoided needing to pay for a smartphone.

Out of curiosity though, any comments for users on how these affect (perceived) swingweight, or at least feel?

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @mtcowdog said:

I jumped on this with a G400Max that I bought last year. Looking forward to trying Arccos.

On -, @myspinonit said:

Yeah I meant to edit my comment, went back and got in on the deal

Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Kuro Kage
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland CBX 54 58
    Bridgestone TD-03 
  • jmccaffjmccaff Members  397WRX Points: 88Posts: 397 Greens

Just bought some i210's and a couple glide 3.0's.......but no PING love for us up north?!?!?

Posted:
    TITLEIST TS3 ACCRA TZ5
    TAYLOR MADE RBZ 19* 21*
    PING i210 
    PING Glide 3.0 54* 58*
    PING SCOTTSDALE TR
  • BLF0901BLF0901 Unregistered  83WRX Points: 31Posts: 83 Fairways

I don't have a smart phone, so that's useless to me.

Posted:
  • myspinonitmyspinonit Members  2976WRX Points: 202Posts: 2,976 Titanium Tees

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

On -, @myspinonit said:

Yeah I meant to edit my comment, went back and got in on the deal

You can say that again...and again and again...lol

Posted:

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°  Alta CB 55 R

Ping G410 5 and 7 Woods Alta CB 65 R

Ping G410 4 and 5 hybrids  Alta CB 70 R

Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A

Vokey SM6 49.07 F &  54.08M, SM4 58.09 S  Steelfiber i80 R

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5  34"

Advertisement
  • Bill BroderickBill Broderick Members  498WRX Points: 204Posts: 498 Greens

At this point, I'm going to hold off on this offer for the following reasons:

1) according the promotion page on Ping's website, you need to activate the trial subscription before you can request the sensors. Given we're closing on the end of my playing season in the northeast (I'll probably play until the end of November), the 90-day trial is kind of a waste. Realistically, if the sensors are something that I'm going to want to use long term, it's less expensive to just buy them from Arccos, which includes the app for free, rather than paying $99 per year for it. In my case it would make sense to get the free sensors and use the app for the full 3-month trial. If I like it, I would then buy the sensors, with the free app included. But, in order for this to make sense, I would want to start the free trial at a point in time when I can use the full 3 months.

2) My phone is too large to fit comfortably in my front pocket while playing (or doing anything else for that matter). Arccos has a "Caddy Link" device in the works that will be able to click onto a belt. But, they have already sold out of pre-orders and the release date is still unknown.

Hopefully, this offer is still available next spring. If it is and the Caddy Link is available, I'll probably be all over it.

Posted:
  • Commack350ZCommack350Z Members  89WRX Points: 110Posts: 89 Fairways

On -, @Bill Broderick said:

At this point, I'm going to hold off on this offer for the following reasons:

1) according the promotion page on Ping's website, you need to activate the trial subscription before you can request the sensors. Given we're closing on the end of my playing season in the northeast (I'll probably play until the end of November), the 90-day trial is kind of a waste. Realistically, if the sensors are something that I'm going to want to use long term, it's less expensive to just buy them from Arccos, which includes the app for free, rather than paying $99 per year for it. In my case it would make sense to get the free sensors and use the app for the full 3-month trial. If I like it, I would then buy the sensors, with the free app included. But, in order for this to make sense, I would want to start the free trial at a point in time when I can use the full 3 months.

2) My phone is too large to fit comfortably in my front pocket while playing (or doing anything else for that matter). Arccos has a "Caddy Link" device in the works that will be able to click onto a belt. But, they have already sold out of pre-orders and the release date is still unknown.

Hopefully, this offer is still available next spring. If it is and the Caddy Link is available, I'll probably be all over it.

Just for your reference, this offer is valid until supplies last.

Restrictions and Availability
    The Promotional Item is provided on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. The Promotional Items are not for resale and will not be replaced if lost, defective, or stolen. The Promotional Items are limited to one (1) Promotional Item per person while supplies last.

Posted:
  • Twin2LTwin2L Members  347WRX Points: 241Handicap: 12Posts: 347 Greens

I requested a set as well. Mixed feelings on the hard data to help relive the marginal and massively poor contact shots. 👀

Posted:
    It matters not what others call you. What you choose to answer to identifies who you are.

Wishon 919THI  11* S2S Black 65 S
    Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S
    Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
    Wishon 575MMC Forged 4-A Superlight steel S
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2  54* & 60*
    Wishon S2R #1 milled face putter
  • Bill BroderickBill Broderick Members  498WRX Points: 204Posts: 498 Greens

On -, @Commack350Z said:

The Promotional Item is provided on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. The Promotional Items are not for resale and will not be replaced if lost, defective, or stolen. The Promotional Items are limited to one (1) Promotional Item per person while supplies last.

I would think that the time frame of "while supplies last" won't be dictated by a set number of units. If this promotion is very successful and results in lots of subscriptions for Arccos, I could see this promotion going on indefinitely. It the end, Arccos probably wants to be in the subscription business rather than the sensor selling business. Best case scenario for them would be to have deals with all major club manufacturers where they would give free sensors and a free trial subscription to everyone who buys a new set of clubs (only 1 time per person) and then try to hang onto subscribers, kind of like the model between SiriusXM and car manufacturers. They would then drastically reduce the price of sensors and eliminate the lifetime subscription that's currently included with newly purchased sensors.

Unless this promotion is a bomb, I'd be surprised if it's not still around next spring.

Posted:
  • Little NedLittle Ned Members  1159WRX Points: 105Posts: 1,159 Platinum Tees

Unless this promotion is a bomb, I'd be surprised if it's not still around next spring.

So with that in mind, maybe I hold on the promotion and hope my G Max is still part of the promotion.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Cobra F8 7W
    Cobra F8 4H
    Callaway MD3 54*
    Callaway MD PM 58*
    Ping Sigma G Tyne

Advertisement
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members  3075WRX Points: 231Posts: 3,075 Titanium Tees

On -, @Commack350Z said:

I would think that the time frame of "while supplies last" won't be dictated by a set number of units. If this promotion is very successful and results in lots of subscriptions for Arccos, I could see this promotion going on indefinitely. It the end, Arccos probably wants to be in the subscription business rather than the sensor selling business. Best case scenario for them would be to have deals with all major club manufacturers where they would give free sensors and a free trial subscription to everyone who buys a new set of clubs (only 1 time per person) and then try to hang onto subscribers, kind of like the model between SiriusXM and car manufacturers. They would then drastically reduce the price of sensors and eliminate the lifetime subscription that's currently included with newly purchased sensors.

I agree with you on the direction Arccos most likely wants to go here, getting club and grip OEMs to put the sensors in the product.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Arccos unveil a more svelte version of their sensors at the PGA show, and this offer is a way to reduce inventory of the old stuff.

Posted:
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees

Many guys at my club got obsessed using arccos and mid level launch monitors this season

Forgot to get the ball in the hole faster though

Posted:

Is the caddie portion of the app an add on? Is it something you have to use after 5 rounds?

Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Kuro Kage
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland CBX 54 58
    Bridgestone TD-03 
  • jcorna01jcorna01 Members  692WRX Points: 103Posts: 692 Golden Tee

Are these things useless without the subscription or is the caddie feature just a premium add-on?

Posted:
  • StetsonStetson Members  2691WRX Points: 172Posts: 2,691 Titanium Tees

On -, @jcorna01 said:

Are these things useless without the subscription or is the caddie feature just a premium add-on?

On -, @jcorna01 said:

Got mine today so not sure yet, but it appears they are worthless and provide no data without a subscription.

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 (Changes Daily)
    5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
    3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Tour AD IZ)
    or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Advertisement
  • jcorna01jcorna01 Members  692WRX Points: 103Posts: 692 Golden Tee

On -, @Stetson said:

On -, @jcorna01 said:

On -, @jcorna01 said:

Got mine today so not sure yet, but it appears they are worthless and provide no data without a subscription.

I did a quick search and I think the $250 version from Arccos is a one time expense with no subs and this one is a monthly/annual fee. Not 100% sure. I thought that the tracking may not be an extra cost, just the advanced stuff in the “caddie” version but I think I’m wrong.

Posted:
  • StetsonStetson Members  2691WRX Points: 172Posts: 2,691 Titanium Tees

I don’t think it has a freemium model

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 (Changes Daily)
    5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
    3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Tour AD IZ)
    or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3394WRX Points: 452Handicap: 8.5Posts: 3,394 ClubWRX

I'm going to have to research this more. My buddy has been using Arccos tags for a couple of years and he says there is no monthly charge to use it for stats like the Gamegolf system. Use the smartphone app and you can then view your rounds online.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

Advertisement
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3025WRX Points: 1,277Posts: 3,025 Titanium Tees

I had an arccos driver that I used for all of 3 swings. It was a huge piece of crap and the app sucked.

Hopefully these are better

Posted:

Epic Flash / Apex / Epic / MD4 / Phantom X5.5 + Pro 2.0 TS / ATMOS TS Blue / Pro 2.0 / Nippon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.