2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

- Pro V1x left dash review

GC70

Thanks for the great opportunity to try these out Darrin! :drinks:

So, I got these in the mail today and headed to the course before the rain. The first thing I noticed was the color and tackiness (grippy) or should I say lack of. Do you know what I mean when you rub two golf balls together they like grip each other. These do not. The white was different than the other balls in the test almost cheap looking. (n)

I tested the left Dash against the Pro V1, Pro V1x, and the AVX.:popcorn: The weather was 61* and really windy. My home course is a link style, started drizzling on #8 and lasted the rest of the round. I hit all 4 balls on every shot. I took the longest drive and played all 4 from there. I putted all four on every green and chipped from at least 2 different spots at every green.

My gamer for years have been the Pro V1x. The last 5 rounds I switched to the V1 and my last 5 rounds were in the 70's.

Driver:

V1 - Longest

AVX - Straightest

- V1x - Really loud off the driver. it might not have enough spin for me to keep it in the air. All the tee shots I thought I just creamed it and it was never the longest on any hole I used driver.

V1x - It was the shortest of the bunch and missed the most fairways to the left.

Irons and Hybrid:

All the balls performed really well. The V1x missed my target the most. All balls that hit the green never really ran out more than 5 feet. Again the -V1x was loud.

Chipping:

The V1x checked the most and the -V1x released the most, but nothing major.

Putting:

I had no problems putting with any of the 4 balls.

The -V1x is a great ball in it's own, but its not for me. It's to loud and hard feeling off the driver. It just doesn't work for me off the driver. I need all the distance I can get off the tee box. I can not afford to give up 10 to 20 yards.

So for now I'll be sticking with the V1.

• Like 1
Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @kevinscott22 said:

> Thanks for the review. You mentioned "load" a few times regarding the v1x left dash. What does "load" mean in this context?

OMG, I'm such a dumb a$$ **_LOUD_**

• Haha 2
Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Interesting to hear some thoughts on these. I am sure Titleist’s main balls will remain as the original V1 and V1x but there must be a market out there for this kind of thing. For me though, it’s a pass.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

What is your swing speed? My driver is 118-120 on ave and this ball fits me really well. Pro V1x and left dash similar off the tee but I gained a few yards carry with left dash in the mid irons likely due to the less spin. Around the green the left dash didn't quite bite as much but still had good spin that is sufficient. Slightly firmer feeling left dash off the putter. I prefer the left dash as my ball right now since I like the spin reduction in the mid irons and firmer feel.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> What is your swing speed? My driver is 118-120 on ave and this ball fits me really well. Pro V1x and left dash similar off the tee but I gained a few yards carry with left dash in the mid irons likely due to the less spin. Around the green the left dash didn't quite bite as much but still had good spin that is sufficient. Slightly firmer feeling left dash off the putter. I prefer the left dash as my ball right now since I like the spin reduction in the mid irons and firmer feel.

I’m only at 100. I didn’t lose any distance with the irons just the driver and hybrid. Around the green it was just fine, just really loud and hard feeling for me.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I recently played a round with the -ProV1x so I'll try to chime in with some thoughts as well. For reference, my Driver SS is around the 110 range and I typically play the ProV1 but I'm also a high spin guy so I figured this would be a good experiment to see if I could bring those numbers down a bit.

Off the driver you can definitely tell the difference between the ProV and the Left Dash, as it is much firmer and almost has a clicky feel. That being said I did find that head to head the left dash was longer than the ProV and it noticeably lowered my flight. Based off of that alone I'm guessing that the spin numbers were down from the ProV.

The downside is I like how my irons perform and the Left Dash just didn't feel as good as a ProV. I'm sure I could get used to it and try to factor in a bit of rollout but it still felt a bit clicky.

ProV was better around the greens and they were equal as far as putting goes.

• Like 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

Played the front nine with the -ProV1x today. I will confirm what all are saying. The balls are loud and feel very hard coming off the clubface; irons and driver. I wonder what the compression on these is? I thought the driver handled them well, but the irons were a bit short for me. For me they fly much lower than V1s. I prefer regular V1s and V1x’s to these. I was pretty surprised by this since I though I would like the lower spin. I may just not have enough swing for them. Driver 110-115. I may try them again on a windy day. They may work for me well in those conditions.

So the ProV is already lower spinning and lower launching than the ProV1x yet not as hard feeling. So is the -ProV1x supposed to be essentially a lower spinning and lower launching version of the X but maintaining the hard/firmness of the X. ?

I already think the AVX can be a bit too low spinning off the driver for me but then again the ProV1 just fits me well.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Guys there is not that much difference in these balls. Were are talking 1/2 a degree Of launch and maybe 2-300 revs on a wedge, which in the grand scheme of things, isnt gonna be that noticeable. Just go watch the Latest txg video. The biggest difference is going to be feel, especially around the greens.

> @cmatthews77 said:

> So the ProV is already lower spinning and lower launching than the ProV1x yet not as hard feeling. So is the -ProV1x supposed to be essentially a lower spinning and lower launching version of the X but maintaining the hard/firmness of the X. ?

>

> I already think the AVX can be a bit too low spinning off the driver for me but then again the ProV1 just fits me well.

The launch stays the same as the 1x just the spin drops

• 3 weeks later...

My review of left dash (I’m a 9 handicap, driver swing speed in the 105 range)

Driver: A- big high ballflight, really nice. Less spin than Snell, more spin than QStar Tour.

Long irons: A+ amazing. Nice compressed feel, nice high ballflight, perfect spin into greens. I struggle getting my long irons in the air. These are amazing.

Mid iron/scoring irons: B more clunky feeling, the ball is much harder than ProV1, so it doesn’t feel like the ball compresses with these clubs. Ball dances on the green just like you’d expect, however. I felt like I might’ve been losing a few yards in mid irons. Not a problem if it’s predictable/dependable.

Full wedge, 1/2 wedge shots: A- clunky feel again, but the ball is hop and stop (not sucking back unpredictably) which is exactly what I like for my short game wedge play.

Greenside: A- absolutely perfect spin, feels just like a Prov1x. ProV1 has better feel as the ball is softer overall.

Final grade: A. This hits all the marks: sticky and spinny around the green, nice high ball flights with longer clubs, and a LOT less spin with driver. The clunky hard ball feel with scoring clubs could be a turnoff, but a Prov1 player probably already ruled out Prov1x for the same reasons. An under the radar big win if you are a high spin player with some ballspeed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I thought they are saying that the left dash is HIGHER launching and flying, but with lower spin. But I'm guessing you have to have pretty high club head speed to compress it. Bet it's 110 compression to "compete" with the Snell that won the MyGolfSpy challenge thingy. That Snell ball is like 112(?) compression. Was longest ball they tested by like 8 yards.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

That's why I put "compete" in quotation marks. :-)

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

I have a couple rounds in with the LDV1x now, and so far my thoughts are as follows:

Have found the performance characteristics to be exactly as Titleist describes.Performance bears a striking resemblance to perhaps my favorite ball of all time, the Nike Tour Accuracy DD.Definitely has the heavy feel and louder impact sound that one would associate with a higher compression ball. It reminds me of Callaway's tour balls before Chrome Soft in that regard.While I've found the short game spin sufficient for the current conditions at my home club, I can see where most PGA Tour guys would want more spin than this has for the green firmness and speed they typically see.Ball does feel heavy at impact, but it also has the "heavy" flight characteristics often more associated with the V1. Head winds and cross winds just don't seem to bother the LD that much for how high it wants to fly.Don't notice much difference in the feel off the putter, but I do use a White Hot Pro insert which tends to make balls feel and sound more similar than milled putters typically do.While I was concerned about flyers on short irons with this ball, it's only happened once so far and I think it was my fault more than that of the ball. I can get a bit shallow and sweep-ish with short irons at times, and I think that's why I got 15 bonus yards out of one 8 iron from a clean and dry lie.Durability is exceptional, perhaps the best I've ever encountered in a urethane covered ball.It's as long as anything else out there.

In short, the reasons that this version of the ball was not mass produced make themselves pretty evident. However, I've liked it more than I expected to so far and can already see it making a strong case to be in play on a regular basis.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I am going to have to give this ball a try. Over the last two rounds, I have been punished getting punished by hitting my ProV1x close to the hole and it zipping back giving me 20+ footers instead of inside of 10 feet. I even spun a 7 iron back a few inches on a flat landing spot on the green.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

• 4 weeks later...

Idk about the average experience here, but my club head speed is roughly 112 to 114 at 40 degrees f and 1400 elevation. I basically went from 270 carry with -2ft of roll to 270 carry with 5-20 yards of roll. Big improvement for me, and on 100 yards and closer identical spin. At 200-120 yards i actually get more spin than a regular prov1x. Not an option for me, ive always had high launch high spin.

When i say not an option, i mean its not an option for me to play anything but the left dash. Its improved every part of my game.

Really? You had to go there? I have about 13 dozen Pro V and TP5X aquired through travel reward points and you need to compare this to the Nike TA DD? Damn, now I need to give these a try.

edited to add....1939 da*n was ok for Rhett but 80 years later wrx bleeps it? Smh

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 6 months later...

Reviving an old thread. I have now played these most of the summer. I am a 6 HC swing driver just under 100 and don’t spin the ball much. These are a beast off the tee for me. I need the low spin help. Long irons do not hold the green very well but I’m not looking to hunt pins with a 5-6 irons, just get up there somewhere. The only quibble I havre is the short irons and wedges. They feel really firm and I can’t get them to bite quite as much on those shots. They don’t run out a ton but they don’t stop quick either.

For me this ball plays awesome in the wind. It just keeps going through a head wind and doesn’t move much off sidewind. The trade offs for me are worth it. In a scramble I will switch to a ProV1 for chipping an wedges and use the LD for everything else.

I used to think they are “straighter” but they aren’t. I can hook these with a driver and 8 iron just as much as any other ball. As far as feel and sound I think I have just gotten used to it after a few months. I prefer a firm feel so the lack softness doesn’t bother me.

The true test of spin came on a 50 yard bunker shot. I hit the shot and it hit and stopped on the green right away. I was amazed until I realized I hit my friends proV1 as we were next to each other. I then hit the LD with a similar strike and it rolled out to the fringe. That was the only time I was kind of bummed out about the LD.

Left Dash is a spin killer on all shots... it's that simple

Full wedges will be around 1000 rpms less

Mid / long irons around 300 rpms less

Woods around 300 rpms less

It may launch around 1* higher as well

It was designed for people that want to hit the ball further on tour and are willing to sacrifice a little feel to do that. For amateurs, if you have a steep swing, and produce a high enough club head speed to produce too high of spin, this can help dial you in a little better.

The ball is not for everyone. Most people would benefit from using the regular models.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Played 18 with these today...pretty much the same for me as the reg pro v1x...firmer feel and sound...into the wind i noticed a little flatter flight.. but spin was pretty much the same....probably better for some other type player then myself....but for me its not much of a difference...so I will probably just play this dozen and then continue with the green prov1x

• 3 months later...

Bought a dozen LD a few days ago on the recommendation of the manger at my local Golfers Warehouse. Played them yesterday and I've got to say I didn't really sense any difference off the irons versus my usual Prov1. Spin around the green was about the same. Love the putting feel though with my Odyssey putter. 

Off my Maverick driver though, quite a difference from the V1. Much higher launch with a carry that seems to go on forever. At my 97 mph driver swingspeed, I'm getting another 10-15 yards due to the much lower spin. I was able to loft down a degree on the driver to get a more boring ball flight that hits and runs forever. I'm a 67 y.o. high-spin 4 -HCP player who has a hard time getting below 3000 with any driver. I'm sold on the lower spin LDs versus the V1. If you're a high-spin player, you might want to give these a try. 

Edited by BlueDogg999

23 hours ago, cristphoto said:

I wonder which model PV1x the longer players on Tour are hitting (Brooks Koepka, Bubba Watson, Justin Thomas, etc.)?  

The Titleist website would be a better place to look for that answer.😏

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cristphoto said:

Their site doesn't differentiate the two models.  Plus not all players are listed - only those with contracts.  

My bad, I misread your post earlier. You want to know if they are playing left dash, 2017, 2013, 2021?