2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

TIM929- WITB

Bent the new set yesterday to my specs and hit the range..

I have a more controlled swing with the S400’s..

Better contact /more consistent center face contact..

I would compare the difference to using a heavier putter to a lighter putter...

I’m playing on Saturday so will finalize but S400 are a win so far over stock wedge flex that come with vokeys.

Everyone should give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...

> @TIM929 said:

> Welcome to the fam little buddy... didn’t know you would be so pure.

>

> Like that middle child who out performs even with so much neglect.

> og7irkhuyvgw.jpeg

>

So sick dude! Good looking stick!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @AG12 said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > Welcome to the fam little buddy... didn’t know you would be so pure.

> >

> > Like that middle child who out performs even with so much neglect.

> > og7irkhuyvgw.jpeg

> >

>

> So sick dude! Good looking stick!

Thank you sir, I thought the TS3 10.5 was monster.. this here’s a mini monster.

I love how square it is as address.

• 1 month later...

> @TIM929 said:

> traded a 3 wood I had for this combo set. Every single person alive needs to try these at least once before they leave the earth. The feel at impact is amazing!

>

> vg53bl98dqjg.jpg

>

Awesome WITB all around.

I've had MP-63's in the bag since they came out! I'm 99.9% positive the MP-68 came out the same time as the MP-63 so kudos for keeping it period correct, lol. How do you like the PXG bag? I need something for my new 0211's and I'm leaning towards a stand bag that isn't full of dividers and can hold a 33" putter without forcing the head cover off. Is there an enough of a difference to justify the cost of raw Vokey's? My Vokey's are getting dull.

> @makaveli said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > traded a 3 wood I had for this combo set. Every single person alive needs to try these at least once before they leave the earth. The feel at impact is amazing!

> >

> > vg53bl98dqjg.jpg

> >

>

> Awesome WITB all around.

>

> I've had MP-63's in the bag since they came out! I'm 99.9% positive the MP-68 came out the same time as the MP-63 so kudos for keeping it period correct, lol. How do you like the PXG bag? I need something for my new 0211's and I'm leaning towards a stand bag that isn't full of dividers and can hold a 33" putter without forcing the head cover off. Is there an enough of a difference to justify the cost of raw Vokey's? My Vokey's are getting dull.

Thank you very much sir!

Whoa you had the MP- 63 since they released? Those irons were ahead of their time for sure, true mizuno butter soft impact.

Yes, same year release you mentioned makes total sense because the gapping, feel, and the way the ball bends(super sensitive)- all blend together as if they were one model. The new MP-20s look a lot like the 68s which I feel attracts a lot of previous mizuno customers to their new line. Mizuno does a great job with the brand integrity which I respect a lot.

Congrats on the 0211s! Great irons at our range demo! Just long, great, good looking irons.

PXG bag- Vessel manufactures them and I heard members having issues with staining and ripping of the leather with the white vessel bags, but I had my black PXG bag Maybee over 2 years without issue with the leather. I feel the quality might be different from PXG vs the vessel brand in material. I would go with black due to potential staining though.

The bag itself is just awesome! Very well designed and the 33” putter will not be an issue at all. I have a 33” as well and the putter cover slides in very nicely in the woods section or in the wedge section with 3 clubs plus my putter in both. The pocket placement is awesome and it just looks and feels like a high end bag compared to all the bags I’ve owned. Very light weight and the most comfortable stand bag when on the shoulders I’ve owned thus far.

BUT, the screws that hold the legs to the bag fell out before, called PXG (not Vessel) and a new set of screws were received a few days later. Just recently the fabric in the mid section that separate the mid/ long irons tore. I haven’t had club tangle issues so it doesn’t bother me enough to change yet. For me, this bag is well worth it.

Raw vokeys- all my vokeys weren’t raw at first, they were all striped. I wouldn’t pay extra for raw, I would just stripe them myself. It’s so easy.. The thread below is how I learned:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1042473/vokey-sm5-removing-black-finish-down-to-raw-a-how-to-pic-heavy/p7

I really like the raw compared to everything else. Chrome on a sunny days are uncomfortable and the other finishes start looking worn down. Sun is no issue now and I embrace the beat down look as it comes now lol, I hope it would rust more.

If your vokeys are getting old but grooves are good, I would try striping them and see if you like playing with raws before any purchase.

> @TIM929 said:

> Whoa you had the MP- 63 since they released? Those irons were ahead of their time for sure, true mizuno butter soft impact.

>

> PXG bag- Vessel manufactures them and I heard members having issues with staining and ripping of the leather with the white vessel bags, but I had my black PXG bag Maybee over 2 years without issue with the leather. I feel the quality might be different from PXG vs the vessel brand in material. I would go with black due to potential staining though.

>

> The bag itself is just awesome! Very well designed and the 33” putter will not be an issue at all. I have a 33” as well and the putter cover slides in very nicely in the woods section or in the wedge section with 3 clubs plus my putter in both. The pocket placement is awesome and it just looks and feels like a high end bag compared to all the bags I’ve owned. Very light weight and the most comfortable stand bag when on the shoulders I’ve owned thus far.

>

> Raw vokeys- all my vokeys weren’t raw at first, they were all striped. I wouldn’t pay extra for raw, I would just stripe them myself. It’s so easy.. The thread below is how I learned:

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1042473/vokey-sm5-removing-black-finish-down-to-raw-a-how-to-pic-heavy/p7

>

> I really like the raw compared to everything else. Chrome on a sunny days are uncomfortable and the other finishes start looking worn down. Sun is no issue now and I embrace the beat down look as it comes now lol, I hope it would rust more.

>

> If your vokeys are getting old but grooves are good, I would try striping them and see if you like playing with raws before any purchase.

I just got lucky and found a great deal from the BST section on those MP-63's. Nowadays I need a little help with distance and forgiveness with my irons. For almost 10 years I haven't done anything to my entire bag except new grips so its definitely time.

Your PXG bag looks like it has a good design and function regardless if it says PXG on it. But it would be cool since my irons are PXG now, lol. How cool would it be if more bags came with velour dividers? After all, how much more could it really be?

Nothing beats the raw look and glare from the sun does suck. I knew about coking them but never thought of using CLR. My Vokey's are oil can and probably the last version with non-conforming grooves. They have the red delta saw engraving. They're getting pretty dull. Its a shame the oil can finish is only available through Wedge Works for $200 ea. Around May of 2010 my buddy got P.U.D. pricing with Titleist so both Vokey's and a set of 710 AP2 3-PW was $764, unreal.

> @makaveli said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > Whoa you had the MP- 63 since they released? Those irons were ahead of their time for sure, true mizuno butter soft impact.

> >

> > PXG bag- Vessel manufactures them and I heard members having issues with staining and ripping of the leather with the white vessel bags, but I had my black PXG bag Maybee over 2 years without issue with the leather. I feel the quality might be different from PXG vs the vessel brand in material. I would go with black due to potential staining though.

> >

> > The bag itself is just awesome! Very well designed and the 33” putter will not be an issue at all. I have a 33” as well and the putter cover slides in very nicely in the woods section or in the wedge section with 3 clubs plus my putter in both. The pocket placement is awesome and it just looks and feels like a high end bag compared to all the bags I’ve owned. Very light weight and the most comfortable stand bag when on the shoulders I’ve owned thus far.

> >

> > Raw vokeys- all my vokeys weren’t raw at first, they were all striped. I wouldn’t pay extra for raw, I would just stripe them myself. It’s so easy.. The thread below is how I learned:

> >

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1042473/vokey-sm5-removing-black-finish-down-to-raw-a-how-to-pic-heavy/p7

> >

> > I really like the raw compared to everything else. Chrome on a sunny days are uncomfortable and the other finishes start looking worn down. Sun is no issue now and I embrace the beat down look as it comes now lol, I hope it would rust more.

> >

> > If your vokeys are getting old but grooves are good, I would try striping them and see if you like playing with raws before any purchase.

>

> I just got lucky and found a great deal from the BST section on those MP-63's. Nowadays I need a little help with distance and forgiveness with my irons. For almost 10 years I haven't done anything to my entire bag except new grips so its definitely time.

>

> Your PXG bag looks like it has a good design and function regardless if it says PXG on it. But it would be cool since my irons are PXG now, lol. How cool would it be if more bags came with velour dividers? After all, how much more could it really be?

>

> Nothing beats the raw look and glare from the sun does suck. I knew about coking them but never thought of using CLR. My Vokey's are oil can and probably the last version with non-conforming grooves. They have the red delta saw engraving. They're getting pretty dull. Its a shame the oil can finish is only available through Wedge Works for $200 ea. Around May of 2010 my buddy got P.U.D. pricing with Titleist so both Vokey's and a set of 710 AP2 3-PW was $764, unreal.

Thank you for the bag compliment! yes, very good design and functional. I agree, Velour divider would be awesome and would elevate this bag most definitely.

Congrats on the MP-63s!! You bag sounds sweet, did you post a WITB?

> @TIM929 said:

> Thank you for the bag compliment! yes, very good design and functional. I agree, Velour divider would be awesome and would elevate this bag most definitely.

>

> Congrats on the MP-63s!! You bag sounds sweet, did you post a WITB?

I never did a linkable post like this but I had my sig or whatever its called setup before the site update. I really believe if a bag is over $150 no matter who makes it should use velour. Its not like it costs more. Maybe its not as durable? Either way I would go with velour every time, it seems nominal but its the best material for dividers.

> @TIM929 said:

> Made my decision, this is it till I’m a 7- 8 hcp.. then I’ll treat my self...

>

> f2i1db6qtjyl.jpeg

>

Bag looks dope as usual man! Sick setup! Good plan too!

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

You, sir, do not have NEARLY enough hybrids in your bag....

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

> @Obee said:

> You, sir, do not have NEARLY enough hybrids in your bag....

Wow! You have 5 hybrids sir, how come you have so many?

I understand you're a super low hcp and compete locally here in So Cal at a pretty high level, you most likely bomb your drives past a lot of younger folks with control so I don't feel distance is the reason... curious to understand and would like to figure out if it could be applied to my game/ bag.

> @AG12 said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > Made my decision, this is it till I’m a 7- 8 hcp.. then I’ll treat my self...

> >

> > f2i1db6qtjyl.jpeg

> >

>

> Bag looks dope as usual man! Sick setup! Good plan too!

Thank you sir! Got to the point where there was no discipline in spending and this also gives me a goal/prize to reach for.

> @TIM929 said:

> > @Obee said:

> > You, sir, do not have NEARLY enough hybrids in your bag....

>

> Wow! You have 5 hybrids sir, how come you have so many?

>

> I understand you're a super low hcp and compete locally here in So Cal at a pretty high level, you most likely bomb your drives past a lot of younger folks with control so I don't feel distance is the reason... curious to understand and would like to figure out if it could be applied to my game/ bag.

I am actually a very short hitter, 245ish off the tee. I also prefer a "trappy" low-ball flight. That's the reason for all the hybrids. :-)

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

• 1 month later...

Gunna hit bombs with this thing dude!

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Yiiiiiii buddy!!!! Big time purchase!

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great looking bag! That T22 fastback looks awesome! Nice work.

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Searching…

Searching…  

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

Thank you sir!

I’m a huge fastback(older models) fan, but the T22 is my favorite by far.

it was not a perfect fit at first and took a few months(and thankful I kept slowly tweaking the specs and didn’t give up) but I finalized my specs:

length: 34”

lie: 69

loft: 6.5

head weights: 20g

grip: Super stroke traxon with 50g counter weights.

the weights really changed everything and I’m finally dialed. Putters are so sensitive lol.

• 1 month later...