Srixon Q Star Tour deals?

StackMan1

I ordered 6 dozen and GG shipped 5 of them which I received today. I was notified the last unit is being fulfilled from Dick’s and is coming next week. I only mention this as it seems odd they would split the shipment unless there were stock issues? Hope they haven’t run out of inventory.

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

> @aadadams said:

> Given it's the 2018 ball... They very well may be close to selling out. I'm going to try to get a few more boxes after the flash sale.

I thought the new version came out in 2019? The ones I got have “new” on the box so they are definitely v2.

9go5jqhm53rd.jpeg

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

> @"Frisco Kid" said:

> I ordered 6 dozen and GG shipped 5 of them which I received today. I was notified the last unit is being fulfilled from Dick’s and is coming next week. I only mention this as it seems odd they would split the shipment unless there were stock issues? Hope they haven’t run out of inventory.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 10 dz and only 6 shipped. I was just about to call them.

> @"Frisco Kid" said:

> > @aadadams said:

> > Given it's the 2018 ball... They very well may be close to selling out. I'm going to try to get a few more boxes after the flash sale.

>

> I thought the new version came out in 2019? The ones I got have “new” on the box so they are definitely v2.

Q Star Tours v2 were from 2018. So that they’re on a alternate years from the Z Star. But yeah, prob limited stock

> @"Frisco Kid" said:

> I ordered 6 dozen and GG shipped 5 of them which I received today. I was notified the last unit is being fulfilled from Dick’s and is coming next week. I only mention this as it seems odd they would split the shipment unless there were stock issues? Hope they haven’t run out of inventory.

I ordered 4 dozen yellow and 2 dozen white. The 4 dozen yellow shipped via UPS from (can’t recall if it said from Dicks or GG or didn’t say at all, and can’t see where it originated from) and the 2 dozen white shipped via FedEx from Dicks In New York. Not sure how they determine what ships from where, probably some over complicated formula or algorithm. Don’t know if they ever ship from retail stores, but for what it’s worth my local store had lots of stock of both colors as of a couple days ago.

> @rondre3000 said:

> The Q Star Tour is normally a $30 ball. On the GG site, I do see the $10 off and a price of $20 per doz, but not the EXTRA discount bringing final price to $10 per doz. Hope that clears things up. Maybe it's only valid in certain states? I'm in California.

>

> uluwbusn3toy.png

>

>

>

> -r.

This is what I’m seeing now too. Up until late yesterday it had the $19.98 crossed out and had $9.98 as the listed price. As mentioned, will be interesting to see if reverts back after the flash sale is over.

> @EdStraker said:

> I saw something recently that said the new Q-Star Tour will have the SpinSkin with Serm cover. The article didn't say when the new version will be released.

>

Srixon's tour Z balls and the QS (not QST) all now feature SeRM. I like the 2018 QST, specially at the price point, but I prefer a bit more spin off my half wedges. If the presumed 2020 QST delivers ~500 more RPM off my 56° but keeps the other attributes the same — length off tee, higher trajectory, decent durability, and last but not least $29.99 before any promotion — I might be all in.

Until then, I'll continue to play my *personal* Find of the Year when it's hot and firm out there: TM TP5.

FYI: Late yesterday I saw the same 19.98 price until I placed both 6 dz yellow and 6 dz white in the cart, then they both went to 9..98 per dz. I then proceeded to delete the less desirable color and purchase 6 dozen. YMMV. Strangely, my shipment notice said 5 dozen... I suppose I may be subject to a split shipment as mentioned earlier.

In for 5 dozen myself. 3 yellow, 2 white

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

I still have about 5 doz of 2018 and maybe 1 1/2 doz of 2017 models in stash but decided to try to cash in. Nope...no can do since I live in Canada.

From a Galaxy Far, Far Away (apparently).....

Even though I want to get them shipped to USA, because I have a Canadian billing address I can't get Golf Galaxy to accept the order, both trying on-line and with a CSR on the phone. She did however give me 600 Golf Galaxy points that she will credit to me. So I can download the GG app she says will show the points worth 20 bucks if I happen to travel to somewhere in US that has a GG storefront. A nice gesture but even if I was staying in the USA on extended holiday I still couldn't order on-line since the Can billing address on my credit card is still the issue. I asked her to pass the issue "upstairs" so Canadians who want to use a US delivery address can buy from them.

Since folks in this thread said some balls were apparently fulfilled by Dick's, I thought I'd try there. I THINK the final price at Dicks was $19.98 (not $9.98) but wasn't able to finish the checkout process to confirm. Dick's, unlike GG, has a Paypal option. I thought "great, that will work as PayPal (like on eBay) allows my US delivery address with my home billing address". Nope...soon as I logged into PayPal I got a message that Dick's only allows PayPal for US billing addresses.

Glad I stumbled on this thread. Picked up 3 boxes of Q-Star Tours from Dicks over the weekend as I had something to return there. They were on sale for $20/box down from $30. Played them on Sunday and thought they were a good deal at $20. At $10 they're an absolute steal! Just ordered 10 boxes from GG, got free shipping too. $105 after a little sales tax.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

The last of my 6 dozen order that was fulfilled from Dick’s arrived today and it’s the first version QST not the new 2018 v2. Still a good deal for $10 but somewhat miffed...I may just go to a Dick’s and swap out.

• Like 1

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

> @aadadams said:

> Hmm, I didn't look at my boxes closely. Now that I think of it, I had 1 box shipped alone and while the other 5 shipped together from a second order of a half dozen.

The v2 QST has a “new” banner in red in the upper left corner of the box. If it’s not a hassle and you want the new version, should be able to take your shipping form and swap it at DSG or GG.

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

FWIW - I double checked mine and the three boxes of white balls I got don’t have the red “new” banner, but the box is the v2 version with the black left side and the back is the same as the newer box. The balls also have the newer marking on the side stamp (dot between the words and arrow instead of a line like v1). They appear to be identical to the boxes of yellow balls I got, which all have the “new” banner.

• Like 1

Maybe they are v2 then? I just compared an old v1 box to the one I just today and you’re right the boxes are different even without the red banner.

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

> @OakRockHacker said:

> FWIW - I double checked mine and the three boxes of white balls I got don’t have the red “new” banner, but the box is the v2 version with the black left side and the back is the same as the newer box. The balls also have the newer marking on the side stamp (dot between the words and arrow instead of a line like v1). They appear to be identical to the boxes of yellow balls I got, which all have the “new” banner.

Srixon eventually removes the "New" designation from the box after the current version of a ball has been released for a while. Titleist does this as well.

• Like 1

I generally speaking don't like "compromise" balls, i.e. 3 pc. Ionomer/surlyn or the quote unquote low/er compression urethane balls (rx/rxs, qstar tour, Wilson duo u) but found the qstar tour to be the longest ball I've played with decent greenside manners, slightly better than the RX. Once compression gets lower than the 70,s the ball feels like mush off the clubhead! One of the best compromise balls I've played. Honestly could play it any time but will mostly put in play during colder temps!

I will check the box/literature and confirm mine are current gen when I get home later!