SuperSpeed Golf training system

> @dhc1 said:

> Has anyone done this with a training aid to prevent swing faults? I was thinking about someone using the right arm trainer or the gravity fit to avoid over-swinging and to ensure a core driven release.

I haven't. Problem I find is that there are many correct ways to swing a golf club. Over swinging isn't necessarily a swing fault, and an arm driven release isn't necessarily wrong vs a core driven release. If you hit the ball well and are consistent, even with some supposed swing flaws, it is a good swing.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

> @clevited said:

> > @dhc1 said:

> > Has anyone done this with a training aid to prevent swing faults? I was thinking about someone using the right arm trainer or the gravity fit to avoid over-swinging and to ensure a core driven release.

>

> I haven't. Problem I find is that there are many correct ways to swing a golf club. Over swinging isn't necessarily a swing fault, and an arm driven release isn't necessarily wrong vs a core driven release. If you hit the ball well and are consistent, even with some supposed swing flaws, it is a good swing.

Fair enough on arm vs core swing but I can’t see how overswinging is anything but a swing fault (and one that I fight).

> @dhc1 said:

> > @clevited said:

> > > @dhc1 said:

> > > Has anyone done this with a training aid to prevent swing faults? I was thinking about someone using the right arm trainer or the gravity fit to avoid over-swinging and to ensure a core driven release.

> >

> > I haven't. Problem I find is that there are many correct ways to swing a golf club. Over swinging isn't necessarily a swing fault, and an arm driven release isn't necessarily wrong vs a core driven release. If you hit the ball well and are consistent, even with some supposed swing flaws, it is a good swing.

>

> Fair enough on arm vs core swing but I can’t see how overswinging is anything but a swing fault (and one that I fight).

Depends on if you can get back to the ball consistently from there. Timing and what not. Think John Daly. Its not easy, but it isn't necessarily a flaw if you hit the ball well. There are different types of over swings too, the ones that cause you to lean towards target are not ideal just because I think it makes you out of balance which makes the downswing tougher, but for others, they can keep balance, make a huge turn, go well past parallel and when they see the club head in their peripheral vision, its time to start the downswing. What I think is important is that you swing in a way that works for you, and unless it is causing you major consistency issues, don't get rid of it. If it is the cause of your issues, then look into changing it.

> @dhc1 said:

> Has anyone done this with a training aid to prevent swing faults? I was thinking about someone using the right arm trainer or the gravity fit to avoid over-swinging and to ensure a core driven release.

I have tempo issues, so I will "warm up" with the SKLZ Gold Flex prior to doing SuperSpeed. But I won't touch that aid again until well after the SS protocols are done. That helps me to groove my tempo a bit before swinging all out.

I would suspect that training aid would limit your speed (thus losing the benefits of SS training), but it might be worthwhile to perhaps warm up with that training aid, put it away, and trying to maintain that feel during your protocols.

That said, one thing I've noticed with SuperSpeed is that my concepts of "over-swinging" and "going hard at it" were actually producing less clubhead speed than a swing focused more on tempo. When I overswing, I tend to come out of my posture which kills my overall speed despite my swing being longer. When I "swing hard", I generate too much tension which kills speed. In essence, SuperSpeed has stopped me from "overswinging" or "going hard at it". My concept of generating speed is completely different and a lot more efficient than when I started.

I think that this is one of the reasons why using a reliable way to measure swing speed is critical for SuperSpeed. It's too easy to confuse "effort" for "speed" if you aren't actually able to measure how fast you are swinging.

• Like 1

^ This. You can also get a sense of which swings are faster than others based on repetition with the SSR. However, there are always swings you KNOW were faster than the previous one, only to find out it's 5mph slower.

Timing is huge for speed. I find that if I don't rear back and go for it, my whole swing suffers. I'm so used to doing an "extra full" turn, that it's become ingrained in my swing.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

I have been doing superspeed training for 3-4 months and have had good success with it. What last few posts said about “going hard at it” and finding out it was same speed or slower is 100% spot on. Doing this training without a device to measure swing speed is pointless, unless using it solely for a workout. I messed around with different feels and moves to see what generated more speed, and the more effort applied the slower the swing. Feeling fast is different than being fast is certainly my takeaway. Club head speed is generated by proper technique and sequencing. Some people figure it out right away naturally and others take time to get their sequencing correct. There are for sure different ways to get there, but only a few really. I also want to stress the importance of recovery time after a session, there is a reason they say wait a day or 2 in between. If you truly are doing a very high intensity workout, your body and central nervous system need to recover before attempting another workout or you are doing more harm than good. I was a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder 10 or so years ago and the same principles applied. Sure the workout was very important, but the recovery process was equally sometimes more important. That includes time off, proper sleep and nutrition. Now this isn’t bodybuilding obviously, but it is still a high intensity workout. So don’t look at it like “must do 3 workouts a week”, but listen to your body. Some people need a day to recover others may need 2 or 3 depending on schedule. Or you may need 1 day after first workout, but then 2 or 3 days rest after second workout.

• Like 1

Titleist TsR3 10* w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

I'm looking at getting these, can't really see from all the posts but do they work?

Are people seeing good increase in swing speed from them?

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but have you really read any of the post on the previous 91 pages?

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

> @xreyuk said:

> I'm looking at getting these, can't really see from all the posts but do they work?

>

> Are people seeing good increase in swing speed from them?

Lol. I'll save you the time. Yes, they really do work if you are consistent and follow the protocol. Like, they really work....

> @300_Straight said:

> > @xreyuk said:

> > I'm looking at getting these, can't really see from all the posts but do they work?

> >

> > Are people seeing good increase in swing speed from them?

>

> Lol. I'll save you the time. Yes, they really do work if you are consistent and follow the protocol. Like, they really work....

>

>

Like 300 said they really do work with 1 big BUT you may create swing flaws trying to swing as fast as possible. The people that have seemed to have the most success are the ones that don’t sacrifice form for speed. They haven’t seen as big increases as the “speed at all cost” group but they have retained all or most of their ball striking.

• Like 2

A few years ago I had a lesson with an indoor Trackman. I swung a PW and 7i most of the time on the monitor. At that time, my swing speed with the 7i was 93-94 MPH. Fast forward to this past weekend, add in SSG, a new set of irons (with heavier shafts) and a **_different_** Trackman = 99.5mph. Are all those gains attributed to SSG? Probably not, especially considering other variables were at play as well. But SSG is at least good for 3-5mph gains for most people, more for some others who remain consistent over the long term. 10-15 yards of carry with the Driver is totally feasible from ~6 months of SSG.

> @airjammer said:

> > @300_Straight said:

> > > @xreyuk said:

> > > I'm looking at getting these, can't really see from all the posts but do they work?

> > >

> > > Are people seeing good increase in swing speed from them?

> >

> > Lol. I'll save you the time. Yes, they really do work if you are consistent and follow the protocol. Like, they really work....

> >

> >

>

> Like 300 said they really do work with 1 big BUT you may create swing flaws trying to swing as fast as possible. The people that have seemed to have the most success are the ones that don’t sacrifice form for speed. They haven’t seen as big increases as the “speed at all cost” group but they have retained all or most of their ball striking.

So you really need to concentrate on swinging quicker with the correct technique, as opposed to just swinging the training aid as fast as you can?

Roughly how long do the workouts take, and will this still work if you're a regular gym go-er?

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

> @tte720 said:

> as a 22 capper with an inconsistent swing, is there any point in doing the super speed training? I hit my 7i (TM burner 1.0, 31*) about 155- 160 carry. I would like more speed/distance, but this doesn’t sound like the best idea for someone like me. Any high handicap folks have success with this system?

As a 22 cap lessons are probably to best Avenue to start to build a repeatable swing. One thing SSG is good at is improving sequencing so you could still benefit from it. The caveat would be if you early extend or any similar swing flaws you may be opening yourself up for injury by swinging faster.

• 3 weeks later...

3 session in and strained a tendon in my left shoulder. I can still chip and putt with no pain, but not remotely ready to start back up. I will start over in a month.

I was making fairly good progress in the 3 sessions I was able to log. I got from 97 to 106 in those sessions before the injury.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help but wonder if a guy would be better off swinging these sticks and hitting something, like a hanging towel or strip of vinyl or rubber or something. That spent energy absorbed into your hands and arms is serious, especially for some of you guys in here swinging that red stick in the 120s and 130s.

I am one of the only users in this thread with a negative experience regarding performance from the Superspeed system.

I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the swing speed radar (it is recommended as mandatory throughout this thread). The results are certainly interesting, it turns out I don’t swing the superspeed sticks all that quick (despite max effort). I know you are thinking “there’s a surprise” but what is interesting is that swings that seem slow, turn out to be faster, in some ways less is more, which goes against the max effort mantra. There is also no real linear correlation between weight and speed for me, I can hit the same peak (just about the +18% recommended) with both green and yellow (senior set). I also find using the system detrimental to my swing, I need to be mindful of not getting too much forearm rotation.

I can only conclude that if your swing move is significantly inefficient (as mine obviously is) there is a chicken and the egg paradox at work, you need to learn to be able to swing quickly (efficiently) in order to use superspeed successful.

I will continue to use the system armed with the actual speed information and my own sense of less is more. I might also explore the Orange Whip lightspeed as that seems to have an element of swing sequencing feedback (I have the std orange whip).

Once again, from my experience Superspeed isn’t the buy it, use it, and you will improve product, it is advertised to be. I also now concur with the mandatory need for the swing speed radar, which pushes the outlay up significantly.

I do not have positive experience using SSG and SSR. I have always been a long hitter. When I was a freshman in high school I weighed 105lbs but could fly the ball 275 yards no problem. I was always the. Longest player in every group pretty much my either life. I started playing in Asia professionally in 2016 and led the Asian tour in driving distance that year, but due to the types of courses I was playing I stopped trying to hit far in search of more consistency and a one way miss. 18 months ago I bought SSG sticks to try and get back to where I was plus some. At that time I was around 120mph I’m controlled drives and 123 when I wanted to get a little more out of it. I had zero increase in distance using SSG sticks. This summer I got speed ball and resistance hitting device sold by tour tempo (John novosel) and since I ditched The sticks and started using his speed ball my avg and max chs has jumped big time. I can say I’m comfortably swinging mid 120s and when I rip at them I have got up to 134. These are swing speed numbers using my flightscope x3. For me having resistance at the point of impact has greatly increased my speed. The speeds I am able to achieve now are crazy high and it was almost instantly. First day using the speed ball I achieved 130mph within 1hr. I recommend you look into the speed ball and purchase one. It’s the real deal.

My avg numbers with the SSG sticks were

145-green 156 max

143-blue 151 max

139-red 143 max

For people who have never learned to swing fast I can see the SSG sticks being valuable but players who already have speed or are looking to get back to what they once had I wouldn’t recommend the sticks

Edit* I also would have some shoulder discomfort using SSG but none using the speed ball.

> @DaveMac said:

> I am one of the only users in this thread with a negative experience regarding performance from the Superspeed system.

>

> I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the swing speed radar (it is recommended as mandatory throughout this thread). The results are certainly interesting, it turns out I don’t swing the superspeed sticks all that quick (despite max effort). I know you are thinking “there’s a surprise” but what is interesting is that swings that seem slow, turn out to be faster, in some ways less is more, which goes against the max effort mantra. There is also no real linear correlation between weight and speed for me, I can hit the same peak (just about the +18% recommended) with both green and yellow (senior set). I also find using the system detrimental to my swing, I need to be mindful of not getting too much forearm rotation.

>

> I can only conclude that if your swing move is significantly inefficient (as mine obviously is) there is a chicken and the egg paradox at work, you need to learn to be able to swing quickly (efficiently) in order to use superspeed successful.

>

> I will continue to use the system armed with the actual speed information and my own sense of less is more. I might also explore the Orange Whip lightspeed as that seems to have an element of swing sequencing feedback (I have the std orange whip).

>

> Once again, from my experience Superspeed isn’t the buy it, use it, and you will improve product, it is advertised to be. I also now concur with the mandatory need for the swing speed radar, which pushes the outlay up significantly.

> @300_yard_drives said:

> I do not have positive experience using SSG and SSR. I have always been a long hitter. When I was a freshman in high school I weighed 105lbs but could fly the ball 275 yards no problem. I was always the. Longest player in every group pretty much my either life. I started playing in Asia professionally in 2016 and led the Asian tour in driving distance that year, but due to the types of courses I was playing I stopped trying to hit far in search of more consistency and a one way miss. 18 months ago I bought SSG sticks to try and get back to where I was plus some. At that time I was around 120mph I’m controlled drives and 123 when I wanted to get a little more out of it. I had zero increase in distance using SSG sticks. This summer I got speed ball and resistance hitting device sold by tour tempo (John novosel) and since I ditched The sticks and started using his speed ball my avg and max chs has jumped big time. I can say I’m comfortably swinging mid 120s and when I rip at them I have got up to 134. These are swing speed numbers using my flightscope x3. For me having resistance at the point of impact has greatly increased my speed. The speeds I am able to achieve now are crazy high and it was almost instantly. First day using the speed ball I achieved 130mph within 1hr. I recommend you look into the speed ball and purchase one. It’s the real deal.

> My avg numbers with the SSG sticks were

> 145-green 156 max

> 143-blue 151 max

> 139-red 143 max

> For people who have never learned to swing fast I can see the SSG sticks being valuable but players who already have speed or are looking to get back to what they once had I wouldn’t recommend the sticks

>

> Edit* I also would have some shoulder discomfort using SSG but none using the speed ball.

> > @DaveMac said:

> > I am one of the only users in this thread with a negative experience regarding performance from the Superspeed system.

> >

> > I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the swing speed radar (it is recommended as mandatory throughout this thread). The results are certainly interesting, it turns out I don’t swing the superspeed sticks all that quick (despite max effort). I know you are thinking “there’s a surprise” but what is interesting is that swings that seem slow, turn out to be faster, in some ways less is more, which goes against the max effort mantra. There is also no real linear correlation between weight and speed for me, I can hit the same peak (just about the +18% recommended) with both green and yellow (senior set). I also find using the system detrimental to my swing, I need to be mindful of not getting too much forearm rotation.

> >

> > I can only conclude that if your swing move is significantly inefficient (as mine obviously is) there is a chicken and the egg paradox at work, you need to learn to be able to swing quickly (efficiently) in order to use superspeed successful.

> >

> > I will continue to use the system armed with the actual speed information and my own sense of less is more. I might also explore the Orange Whip lightspeed as that seems to have an element of swing sequencing feedback (I have the std orange whip).

> >

> > Once again, from my experience Superspeed isn’t the buy it, use it, and you will improve product, it is advertised to be. I also now concur with the mandatory need for the swing speed radar, which pushes the outlay up significantly.

>

>

Those were some stout numbers with the ssg clubs. It would indicate you were indeed capable of swinging in the 130s the whole time. Did the speed ball teach you to have that speed at impact better? I would imagine it could do that. Ssg, as far as I see it, just helps train dormant muscles to engage and fire as fast as possible. I think it also helps show you the sequencing needed to generate the most speed you can. It does have a flaw imo, that it can hurt you since all that energy is absorbed by your body and not a ball. I have seen the speed ball and it is intriguing to me due to the flaws I see with the ssg system. Thanks for the insight. Hoping that isn't just a sales pitch lol.

Yes it helped me with speed at impact when actually hitting something. It’s not an ad or sales pitch. I paid for mine and get nothing from them selling more. He designed it so it can be used with a SSR because you don’t have to worry about ROC increasing measured swing speed. It’s the real deal and just giving credit when it is due.

> @clevited said:

> > @300_yard_drives said:

> > I do not have positive experience using SSG and SSR. I have always been a long hitter. When I was a freshman in high school I weighed 105lbs but could fly the ball 275 yards no problem. I was always the. Longest player in every group pretty much my either life. I started playing in Asia professionally in 2016 and led the Asian tour in driving distance that year, but due to the types of courses I was playing I stopped trying to hit far in search of more consistency and a one way miss. 18 months ago I bought SSG sticks to try and get back to where I was plus some. At that time I was around 120mph I’m controlled drives and 123 when I wanted to get a little more out of it. I had zero increase in distance using SSG sticks. This summer I got speed ball and resistance hitting device sold by tour tempo (John novosel) and since I ditched The sticks and started using his speed ball my avg and max chs has jumped big time. I can say I’m comfortably swinging mid 120s and when I rip at them I have got up to 134. These are swing speed numbers using my flightscope x3. For me having resistance at the point of impact has greatly increased my speed. The speeds I am able to achieve now are crazy high and it was almost instantly. First day using the speed ball I achieved 130mph within 1hr. I recommend you look into the speed ball and purchase one. It’s the real deal.

> > My avg numbers with the SSG sticks were

> > 145-green 156 max

> > 143-blue 151 max

> > 139-red 143 max

> > For people who have never learned to swing fast I can see the SSG sticks being valuable but players who already have speed or are looking to get back to what they once had I wouldn’t recommend the sticks

> >

> > Edit* I also would have some shoulder discomfort using SSG but none using the speed ball.

> > > @DaveMac said:

> > > I am one of the only users in this thread with a negative experience regarding performance from the Superspeed system.

> > >

> > > I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the swing speed radar (it is recommended as mandatory throughout this thread). The results are certainly interesting, it turns out I don’t swing the superspeed sticks all that quick (despite max effort). I know you are thinking “there’s a surprise” but what is interesting is that swings that seem slow, turn out to be faster, in some ways less is more, which goes against the max effort mantra. There is also no real linear correlation between weight and speed for me, I can hit the same peak (just about the +18% recommended) with both green and yellow (senior set). I also find using the system detrimental to my swing, I need to be mindful of not getting too much forearm rotation.

> > >

> > > I can only conclude that if your swing move is significantly inefficient (as mine obviously is) there is a chicken and the egg paradox at work, you need to learn to be able to swing quickly (efficiently) in order to use superspeed successful.

> > >

> > > I will continue to use the system armed with the actual speed information and my own sense of less is more. I might also explore the Orange Whip lightspeed as that seems to have an element of swing sequencing feedback (I have the std orange whip).

> > >

> > > Once again, from my experience Superspeed isn’t the buy it, use it, and you will improve product, it is advertised to be. I also now concur with the mandatory need for the swing speed radar, which pushes the outlay up significantly.

> >

> >

>

> Those were some stout numbers with the ssg clubs. It would indicate you were indeed capable of swinging in the 130s the whole time. Did the speed ball teach you to have that speed at impact better? I would imagine it could do that. Ssg, as far as I see it, just helps train dormant muscles to engage and fire as fast as possible. I think it also helps show you the sequencing needed to generate the most speed you can. It does have a flaw imo, that it can hurt you since all that energy is absorbed by your body and not a ball. I have seen the speed ball and it is intriguing to me due to the flaws I see with the ssg system. Thanks for the insight. Hoping that isn't just a sales pitch lol.

> @300_yard_drives said:

> Yes it helped me with speed at impact when actually hitting something. It’s not an ad or sales pitch. I paid for mine and get nothing from them selling more. He designed it so it can be used with a SSR because you don’t have to worry about ROC increasing measured swing speed. It’s the real deal and just giving credit when it is due.

> > @clevited said:

> > > @300_yard_drives said:

> > > I do not have positive experience using SSG and SSR. I have always been a long hitter. When I was a freshman in high school I weighed 105lbs but could fly the ball 275 yards no problem. I was always the. Longest player in every group pretty much my either life. I started playing in Asia professionally in 2016 and led the Asian tour in driving distance that year, but due to the types of courses I was playing I stopped trying to hit far in search of more consistency and a one way miss. 18 months ago I bought SSG sticks to try and get back to where I was plus some. At that time I was around 120mph I’m controlled drives and 123 when I wanted to get a little more out of it. I had zero increase in distance using SSG sticks. This summer I got speed ball and resistance hitting device sold by tour tempo (John novosel) and since I ditched The sticks and started using his speed ball my avg and max chs has jumped big time. I can say I’m comfortably swinging mid 120s and when I rip at them I have got up to 134. These are swing speed numbers using my flightscope x3. For me having resistance at the point of impact has greatly increased my speed. The speeds I am able to achieve now are crazy high and it was almost instantly. First day using the speed ball I achieved 130mph within 1hr. I recommend you look into the speed ball and purchase one. It’s the real deal.

> > > My avg numbers with the SSG sticks were

> > > 145-green 156 max

> > > 143-blue 151 max

> > > 139-red 143 max

> > > For people who have never learned to swing fast I can see the SSG sticks being valuable but players who already have speed or are looking to get back to what they once had I wouldn’t recommend the sticks

> > >

> > > Edit* I also would have some shoulder discomfort using SSG but none using the speed ball.

> > > > @DaveMac said:

> > > > I am one of the only users in this thread with a negative experience regarding performance from the Superspeed system.

> > > >

> > > > I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the swing speed radar (it is recommended as mandatory throughout this thread). The results are certainly interesting, it turns out I don’t swing the superspeed sticks all that quick (despite max effort). I know you are thinking “there’s a surprise” but what is interesting is that swings that seem slow, turn out to be faster, in some ways less is more, which goes against the max effort mantra. There is also no real linear correlation between weight and speed for me, I can hit the same peak (just about the +18% recommended) with both green and yellow (senior set). I also find using the system detrimental to my swing, I need to be mindful of not getting too much forearm rotation.

> > > >

> > > > I can only conclude that if your swing move is significantly inefficient (as mine obviously is) there is a chicken and the egg paradox at work, you need to learn to be able to swing quickly (efficiently) in order to use superspeed successful.

> > > >

> > > > I will continue to use the system armed with the actual speed information and my own sense of less is more. I might also explore the Orange Whip lightspeed as that seems to have an element of swing sequencing feedback (I have the std orange whip).

> > > >

> > > > Once again, from my experience Superspeed isn’t the buy it, use it, and you will improve product, it is advertised to be. I also now concur with the mandatory need for the swing speed radar, which pushes the outlay up significantly.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Those were some stout numbers with the ssg clubs. It would indicate you were indeed capable of swinging in the 130s the whole time. Did the speed ball teach you to have that speed at impact better? I would imagine it could do that. Ssg, as far as I see it, just helps train dormant muscles to engage and fire as fast as possible. I think it also helps show you the sequencing needed to generate the most speed you can. It does have a flaw imo, that it can hurt you since all that energy is absorbed by your body and not a ball. I have seen the speed ball and it is intriguing to me due to the flaws I see with the ssg system. Thanks for the insight. Hoping that isn't just a sales pitch lol.

>

>

I have seen a few videos of the speed ball and how the speed measured correlates to potential driver swing speed. Did you record your average and max speed with the speed ball? If so, may I ask what they were? I am a bit of a nerd with this stuff.

I find it interesting btw that your SSG numbers are so high yet your max driver doesn't quite match up. From over a dozen people I have gathered data from, the red club seems to be pretty indicative of what your potential is with a standard length driver, within about 3 mph it seems. This doesn't line up quite as nice with you. You could be an outlier, or if I were to guess, maybe you swing a shorter and heavier driver than a typical off the shelf model?

I use the iron speed ball because I was told if I used the driver speed ball I would tear thru the hitting mats quickly because of my speed. My friend has the driver speed ball however I used that only once the first time I ever used the speed ball and it was in the low 130s. I would say I could absolutely get my driver speed even higher but it is just impossible for me to take all intent of good contact out of the swing. My “maxed” out swings are relatively good

and consistent contact so I guess not a true max.

As for how I play my driver. It’s not that heavy, (201g head) but I’ve screwed around with driver head and shaft weight and have found significant increases in speed when using lighter the components. 193g driver head I swing smooth and controlled close to 130mph where a 210g driver head I can’t even max out at 130 and it’s like 122 mph avg> @clevited said:

> > @300_yard_drives said:

> > Yes it helped me with speed at impact when actually hitting something. It’s not an ad or sales pitch. I paid for mine and get nothing from them selling more. He designed it so it can be used with a SSR because you don’t have to worry about ROC increasing measured swing speed. It’s the real deal and just giving credit when it is due.

> > > @clevited said:

> > > > @300_yard_drives said:

> > > > I do not have positive experience using SSG and SSR. I have always been a long hitter. When I was a freshman in high school I weighed 105lbs but could fly the ball 275 yards no problem. I was always the. Longest player in every group pretty much my either life. I started playing in Asia professionally in 2016 and led the Asian tour in driving distance that year, but due to the types of courses I was playing I stopped trying to hit far in search of more consistency and a one way miss. 18 months ago I bought SSG sticks to try and get back to where I was plus some. At that time I was around 120mph I’m controlled drives and 123 when I wanted to get a little more out of it. I had zero increase in distance using SSG sticks. This summer I got speed ball and resistance hitting device sold by tour tempo (John novosel) and since I ditched The sticks and started using his speed ball my avg and max chs has jumped big time. I can say I’m comfortably swinging mid 120s and when I rip at them I have got up to 134. These are swing speed numbers using my flightscope x3. For me having resistance at the point of impact has greatly increased my speed. The speeds I am able to achieve now are crazy high and it was almost instantly. First day using the speed ball I achieved 130mph within 1hr. I recommend you look into the speed ball and purchase one. It’s the real deal.

> > > > My avg numbers with the SSG sticks were

> > > > 145-green 156 max

> > > > 143-blue 151 max

> > > > 139-red 143 max

> > > > For people who have never learned to swing fast I can see the SSG sticks being valuable but players who already have speed or are looking to get back to what they once had I wouldn’t recommend the sticks

> > > >

> > > > Edit* I also would have some shoulder discomfort using SSG but none using the speed ball.

> > > > > @DaveMac said:

> > > > > I am one of the only users in this thread with a negative experience regarding performance from the Superspeed system.

> > > > >

> > > > > I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the swing speed radar (it is recommended as mandatory throughout this thread). The results are certainly interesting, it turns out I don’t swing the superspeed sticks all that quick (despite max effort). I know you are thinking “there’s a surprise” but what is interesting is that swings that seem slow, turn out to be faster, in some ways less is more, which goes against the max effort mantra. There is also no real linear correlation between weight and speed for me, I can hit the same peak (just about the +18% recommended) with both green and yellow (senior set). I also find using the system detrimental to my swing, I need to be mindful of not getting too much forearm rotation.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can only conclude that if your swing move is significantly inefficient (as mine obviously is) there is a chicken and the egg paradox at work, you need to learn to be able to swing quickly (efficiently) in order to use superspeed successful.

> > > > >

> > > > > I will continue to use the system armed with the actual speed information and my own sense of less is more. I might also explore the Orange Whip lightspeed as that seems to have an element of swing sequencing feedback (I have the std orange whip).

> > > > >

> > > > > Once again, from my experience Superspeed isn’t the buy it, use it, and you will improve product, it is advertised to be. I also now concur with the mandatory need for the swing speed radar, which pushes the outlay up significantly.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Those were some stout numbers with the ssg clubs. It would indicate you were indeed capable of swinging in the 130s the whole time. Did the speed ball teach you to have that speed at impact better? I would imagine it could do that. Ssg, as far as I see it, just helps train dormant muscles to engage and fire as fast as possible. I think it also helps show you the sequencing needed to generate the most speed you can. It does have a flaw imo, that it can hurt you since all that energy is absorbed by your body and not a ball. I have seen the speed ball and it is intriguing to me due to the flaws I see with the ssg system. Thanks for the insight. Hoping that isn't just a sales pitch lol.

> >

> >

>

> I have seen a few videos of the speed ball and how the speed measured correlates to potential driver swing speed. Did you record your average and max speed with the speed ball? If so, may I ask what they were? I am a bit of a nerd with this stuff.

>

> I find it interesting btw that your SSG numbers are so high yet your max driver doesn't quite match up. From over a dozen people I have gathered data from, the red club seems to be pretty indicative of what your potential is with a standard length driver, within about 3 mph it seems. This doesn't line up quite as nice with you. You could be an outlier, or if I were to guess, maybe you swing a shorter and heavier driver than a typical off the shelf model?

I had the driver speedball and broke the impact mat relatively quickly about 10 years ago. The product looks much sturdier now however. Im currently experimenting with the superspeed sticks focusing on my non dominant side to see if it magically carries over to dominant side without training it as hard

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

> @300_yard_drives said:

> I use the iron speed ball because I was told if I used the driver speed ball I would tear thru the hitting mats quickly because of my speed. My friend has the driver speed ball however I used that only once the first time I ever used the speed ball and it was in the low 130s. I would say I could absolutely get my driver speed even higher but it is just impossible for me to take all intent of good contact out of the swing. My “maxed” out swings are relatively good

> and consistent contact so I guess not a true max.

>

> As for how I play my driver. It’s not that heavy, (201g head) but I’ve screwed around with driver head and shaft weight and have found significant increases in speed when using lighter the components. 193g driver head I swing smooth and controlled close to 130mph where a 210g driver head I can’t even max out at 130 and it’s like 122 mph avg> @clevited said:

> > > @300_yard_drives said:

> > > Yes it helped me with speed at impact when actually hitting something. It’s not an ad or sales pitch. I paid for mine and get nothing from them selling more. He designed it so it can be used with a SSR because you don’t have to worry about ROC increasing measured swing speed. It’s the real deal and just giving credit when it is due.

> > > > @clevited said:

> > > > > @300_yard_drives said:

> > > > > I do not have positive experience using SSG and SSR. I have always been a long hitter. When I was a freshman in high school I weighed 105lbs but could fly the ball 275 yards no problem. I was always the. Longest player in every group pretty much my either life. I started playing in Asia professionally in 2016 and led the Asian tour in driving distance that year, but due to the types of courses I was playing I stopped trying to hit far in search of more consistency and a one way miss. 18 months ago I bought SSG sticks to try and get back to where I was plus some. At that time I was around 120mph I’m controlled drives and 123 when I wanted to get a little more out of it. I had zero increase in distance using SSG sticks. This summer I got speed ball and resistance hitting device sold by tour tempo (John novosel) and since I ditched The sticks and started using his speed ball my avg and max chs has jumped big time. I can say I’m comfortably swinging mid 120s and when I rip at them I have got up to 134. These are swing speed numbers using my flightscope x3. For me having resistance at the point of impact has greatly increased my speed. The speeds I am able to achieve now are crazy high and it was almost instantly. First day using the speed ball I achieved 130mph within 1hr. I recommend you look into the speed ball and purchase one. It’s the real deal.

> > > > > My avg numbers with the SSG sticks were

> > > > > 145-green 156 max

> > > > > 143-blue 151 max

> > > > > 139-red 143 max

> > > > > For people who have never learned to swing fast I can see the SSG sticks being valuable but players who already have speed or are looking to get back to what they once had I wouldn’t recommend the sticks

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit* I also would have some shoulder discomfort using SSG but none using the speed ball.

> > > > > > @DaveMac said:

> > > > > > I am one of the only users in this thread with a negative experience regarding performance from the Superspeed system.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the swing speed radar (it is recommended as mandatory throughout this thread). The results are certainly interesting, it turns out I don’t swing the superspeed sticks all that quick (despite max effort). I know you are thinking “there’s a surprise” but what is interesting is that swings that seem slow, turn out to be faster, in some ways less is more, which goes against the max effort mantra. There is also no real linear correlation between weight and speed for me, I can hit the same peak (just about the +18% recommended) with both green and yellow (senior set). I also find using the system detrimental to my swing, I need to be mindful of not getting too much forearm rotation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can only conclude that if your swing move is significantly inefficient (as mine obviously is) there is a chicken and the egg paradox at work, you need to learn to be able to swing quickly (efficiently) in order to use superspeed successful.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I will continue to use the system armed with the actual speed information and my own sense of less is more. I might also explore the Orange Whip lightspeed as that seems to have an element of swing sequencing feedback (I have the std orange whip).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Once again, from my experience Superspeed isn’t the buy it, use it, and you will improve product, it is advertised to be. I also now concur with the mandatory need for the swing speed radar, which pushes the outlay up significantly.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Those were some stout numbers with the ssg clubs. It would indicate you were indeed capable of swinging in the 130s the whole time. Did the speed ball teach you to have that speed at impact better? I would imagine it could do that. Ssg, as far as I see it, just helps train dormant muscles to engage and fire as fast as possible. I think it also helps show you the sequencing needed to generate the most speed you can. It does have a flaw imo, that it can hurt you since all that energy is absorbed by your body and not a ball. I have seen the speed ball and it is intriguing to me due to the flaws I see with the ssg system. Thanks for the insight. Hoping that isn't just a sales pitch lol.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I have seen a few videos of the speed ball and how the speed measured correlates to potential driver swing speed. Did you record your average and max speed with the speed ball? If so, may I ask what they were? I am a bit of a nerd with this stuff.

> >

> > I find it interesting btw that your SSG numbers are so high yet your max driver doesn't quite match up. From over a dozen people I have gathered data from, the red club seems to be pretty indicative of what your potential is with a standard length driver, within about 3 mph it seems. This doesn't line up quite as nice with you. You could be an outlier, or if I were to guess, maybe you swing a shorter and heavier driver than a typical off the shelf model?

>

>

You sold me on speedball. Going to start the program today!

Just an informal update, but I just completed level 2 protocols. I am bad about logging everything, so I just keep track of my personal best with the green stick. Going into level 2, I maxed out at 130 mph and after level 2, my new max was 134. Though I didn't track them, I did notice a huge improvement in the speeds of the blue and red sticks. Blue was previously only in the high 110s, while red was in the low 110s. Blue is now consistently in the 120s, and red is consistently in the high 110s.

I have also noticed a nice bump in distance with the irons and driver.

I have also continued experimenting with using a whippy trainer as a warm up. I have found it to be an efficient way to warm up as it lets me replicate a good tempo throughout the protocols. I definitely find that my speeds suffer when I don't warm up using a whippy trainer because I have a tendency to get quick in transition (especially with the green club) when I don't have a feeling of proper tempo.

• Like 1

> @SirFuego said:

> I have also continued experimenting with using a whippy trainer as a warm up. I have found it to be an efficient way to warm up as it lets me replicate a good tempo throughout the protocols. I definitely find that my speeds suffer when I don't warm up using a whippy trainer because I have a tendency to get quick in transition (especially with the green club) when I don't have a feeling of proper tempo.

Out of interest which ‘whippy’ trainer are you using and do you observe your speed with it? Just interested in getting a speed comparison percentage, between the trainer and the superspeed sticks.

By the way don’t push the trainer just to get a higher number getting an injury in the process. Much of this thread focuses on how fast the superspeed sticks have been swung, there isn’t a great deal of permanent plateaued increases in club head speed recorded. Superspeed’s updated protocols at least now have bounded swing speed targets (+10% heavy, +15% middle, +18% light)