2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno mp 20 vs. 919 Tour

moorebaseball

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> I just purchased the MP-20 SELs and I absolutely love them!! They are so soft and easy to hit for a blade!! Unfortunately, I haven't hit the JPX 919 Tour because they don't have a left handed option for that particular iron. I think your best bet is going to be to just demo both the MP-20 and the JPX 919 Tour if possible. I would consider playing the MP-20s in the short irons and the JPX 919 Tour in the long irons if you absolutely love both and can't make a decision.

I am most curious with turf interaction. I do not have the ability to hit outside now here in utah as the weather is turning cold and snowy quickly. I will definitely test these in a few weeks off of a mat with trackman, but I am curious to hear opinions of people who have hit both of these outside on real grass.

not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> @defyphysics said:

> not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

>

> I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @defyphysics said:

> > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> >

> > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

>

> Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @defyphysics said:

> > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > >

> > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> >

> > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

>

> Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

>

That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > >

> > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > >

> > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> >

> > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> >

>

> That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > > >

> > > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> > >

> > > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> > >

> >

> > That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

>

> They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

Yeah the titleist offerings definitely have my eye this year. I currently play 714 AP2 and I am looking for something with better feel and turf interaction. I do love the look of the new 620 cbs and mbs. I am hoping to get a new set soon, so I can practice with them over the winter, but I am concerned that I will not be able to hit them on grass first :/. Decisions decisions.

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> > > >

> > > > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

> >

> > They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

>

> Yeah the titleist offerings definitely have my eye this year. I currently play 714 AP2 and I am looking for something with better feel and turf interaction. I do love the look of the new 620 cbs and mbs. I am hoping to get a new set soon, so I can practice with them over the winter, but I am concerned that I will not be able to hit them on grass first :/. Decisions decisions.

Ping Blueprint *cough cough*

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> > > >

> > > > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

> >

> > They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

>

> Yeah the titleist offerings definitely have my eye this year. I currently play 714 AP2 and I am looking for something with better feel and turf interaction. I do love the look of the new 620 cbs and mbs. I am hoping to get a new set soon, so I can practice with them over the winter, but I am concerned that I will not be able to hit them on grass first :/. Decisions decisions.

I have 716 CB/MB and the new CB did not feel better to me. MB feel is much preferred but did not get to try 620 MB.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

> > >

> > > They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

> >

> > Yeah the titleist offerings definitely have my eye this year. I currently play 714 AP2 and I am looking for something with better feel and turf interaction. I do love the look of the new 620 cbs and mbs. I am hoping to get a new set soon, so I can practice with them over the winter, but I am concerned that I will not be able to hit them on grass first :/. Decisions decisions.

>

> I have 716 CB/MB and the new CB did not feel better to me. MB feel is much preferred but did not get to try 620 MB.

Interesting! I have heard a lot of good stuff about the 620s. Either the titleist or Mizunos will be in the bag.

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > > > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > > > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

> > > >

> > > > They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

> > >

> > > Yeah the titleist offerings definitely have my eye this year. I currently play 714 AP2 and I am looking for something with better feel and turf interaction. I do love the look of the new 620 cbs and mbs. I am hoping to get a new set soon, so I can practice with them over the winter, but I am concerned that I will not be able to hit them on grass first :/. Decisions decisions.

> >

> > I have 716 CB/MB and the new CB did not feel better to me. MB feel is much preferred but did not get to try 620 MB.

>

> Interesting! I have heard a lot of good stuff about the 620s. Either the titleist or Mizunos will be in the bag.

Some people don’t like the feel of Titleist forgings but I think they are great. Lots of comments saying they are “clicky” - it’s certainly not as deep of a thud like Miura but it is still the same sort of “soft firmness”. Mizuno is pillowy soft and though I preferred photos of the 620MB, MP20 is the most beautiful club I’ve seen in the flesh.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > > > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > > > > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > > > > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

> > > > >

> > > > > They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah the titleist offerings definitely have my eye this year. I currently play 714 AP2 and I am looking for something with better feel and turf interaction. I do love the look of the new 620 cbs and mbs. I am hoping to get a new set soon, so I can practice with them over the winter, but I am concerned that I will not be able to hit them on grass first :/. Decisions decisions.

> > >

> > > I have 716 CB/MB and the new CB did not feel better to me. MB feel is much preferred but did not get to try 620 MB.

> >

> > Interesting! I have heard a lot of good stuff about the 620s. Either the titleist or Mizunos will be in the bag.

>

> Some people don’t like the feel of Titleist forgings but I think they are great. Lots of comments saying they are “clicky” - it’s certainly not as deep of a thud like Miura but it is still the same sort of “soft firmness”. Mizuno is pillowy soft and though I preferred photos of the 620MB, MP20 is the most beautiful club I’ve seen in the flesh.

Yeah I can hit anything and get along with it. My 714 ap2s are fine. However they do feel more hollow to me than some of the other titleist forgings I have hit.. I think Titleist forgings feel great as do Mizunos....they are just different. Just depends on what a person likes.

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > > > > > > @defyphysics said:

> > > > > > > > > > not sure this info will help you decide but the comparison of dimensions can be seen here at least:

> > > > > > > > > > https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I've hit both, but for the JPX919 tour, only at demo day on mats. I think the 919T launches a bit higher, otherwise very similar. They both feel really good.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thanks for the info. I would assume feel will be close since they are both Mizuno irons. If anyone has any feedback for turf interaction differences for these irons, I am all ears.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sole is a bit more narrow on MP20 with a bit more camber. I believe the tour is more forgiving but it will be close. Turf interaction is sublime with MP20 granted you aren’t extremely steep. They do dig a bit like the MP grind tends to do. I’m a bit more shallow and it will peel off a perfect divot if struck well.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is good to know. I am a bit more shallow as well. So you are finding better turf interaction with the MP20s compared to the 919 Tours?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They are going to be extremely similar TBH. I wish I could get the Titleist grind on a mizuno forging. If the turf is soft and you're brushing through the hitting area shallow the MP grind can catch and you'll hit it heavy. Does not happen with the Titleist leading edge relief. I love how crisp the MP20 is through the ground though. I'm very pleased with the feel. Mizuno blades are timeless.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah the titleist offerings definitely have my eye this year. I currently play 714 AP2 and I am looking for something with better feel and turf interaction. I do love the look of the new 620 cbs and mbs. I am hoping to get a new set soon, so I can practice with them over the winter, but I am concerned that I will not be able to hit them on grass first :/. Decisions decisions.

> > > >

> > > > I have 716 CB/MB and the new CB did not feel better to me. MB feel is much preferred but did not get to try 620 MB.

> > >

> > > Interesting! I have heard a lot of good stuff about the 620s. Either the titleist or Mizunos will be in the bag.

> >

> > Some people don’t like the feel of Titleist forgings but I think they are great. Lots of comments saying they are “clicky” - it’s certainly not as deep of a thud like Miura but it is still the same sort of “soft firmness”. Mizuno is pillowy soft and though I preferred photos of the 620MB, MP20 is the most beautiful club I’ve seen in the flesh.

>

> Yeah I can hit anything and get along with it. My 714 ap2s are fine. However they do feel more hollow to me than some of the other titleist forgings I have hit.. I think Titleist forgings feel great as do Mizunos....they are just different. Just depends on what a person likes.

I had a brief stint with 714 AP2 and they do have a very hollow feel ... it’s strange. 718 much more solid. Agree both a great. Mizuno is far and away the best feel you can get in an iron though..

> @moorebaseball said:

> I am very interested in both of these irons, and I am curious to hear what differences people are seeing (turf interaction and over all looks and feel). Thanks!

Been playing the JPX 900 tours and just got the mp20's...not much difference in total performance but the turf interaction for me is a little better with the mp's...play off tight bermuda...the blade is Solid.

Interesting thread, I'm currently using MP68s but testing JPX 919 tours as a likely replacement.

They certainly feel different, the 68s obviously feel super soft but the 919 Tours feel like there's a bit more meat at impact.

I would say that apart from the club's finish there isn't a huge amount to tell them apart at address

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

> @Jimjam651 said:

> Interesting thread, I'm currently using MP68s but testing JPX 919 tours as a likely replacement.

>

> They certainly feel different, the 68s obviously feel super soft but the 919 Tours feel like there's a bit more meat at impact.

>

> I would say that apart from the club's finish there isn't a huge amount to tell them apart at address

Are you finding any discernible difference in the forgiveness department? From memory the 68s were reasonably small

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Jimjam651 said:

> > Interesting thread, I'm currently using MP68s but testing JPX 919 tours as a likely replacement.

> >

> > They certainly feel different, the 68s obviously feel super soft but the 919 Tours feel like there's a bit more meat at impact.

> >

> > I would say that apart from the club's finish there isn't a huge amount to tell them apart at address

>

> Are you finding any discernible difference in the forgiveness department? From memory the 68s were reasonably small

It's hard to tell as I haven't got the lofts synced up yet, I'll come back to this once I've spent a bit more time with the 919s

In terms of blade size there very similar, for comparison the 68s seem slightly longer heel to toe than my Titleist 718 cbs

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

> @Jimjam651 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Jimjam651 said:

> > > Interesting thread, I'm currently using MP68s but testing JPX 919 tours as a likely replacement.

> > >

> > > They certainly feel different, the 68s obviously feel super soft but the 919 Tours feel like there's a bit more meat at impact.

> > >

> > > I would say that apart from the club's finish there isn't a huge amount to tell them apart at address

> >

> > Are you finding any discernible difference in the forgiveness department? From memory the 68s were reasonably small

>

> It's hard to tell as I haven't got the lofts synced up yet, I'll come back to this once I've spent a bit more time with the 919s

>

> In terms of blade size there very similar, for comparison the 68s seem slightly longer heel to toe than my Titleist 718 cbs

Yes my I have a CB/MB combo set and the MP20 are slightly longer in blade length. The CB is certainly more forgiving in the long irons than MP20 but the Mizuno is just so buttery...

So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

> @revanant said:

> So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

>

> I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

>

> In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

>

> Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

>

> JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

Interestingly I did not find the 620 CB to feel that great especially when compared to my 716. That could change off grass though. I haven’t been able to hit the 620 MB as my shop didn’t have them. I also went for the MP20 due to being fit for them and finding the set I was fit for cheap. The MP20 is softer than/better feeling than the apex for me but it is very close. My guess based on what I’ve seen Chris V say in vids is that the CG is actually decently high in MP20. They added some weight up top for vertical stability which you can see looking at the irons. They were quite forgiving for pure blades though. Anecdotally, there is a very tough 470 par 4 on one of the course I play. I hit quite a decent drive and had 180 in to the hole. Stuck my 6i 716 CB reasonably thin but still for a respectable flight/made the carry of 175 or so and two putted for par from 25 feet. My guess is that the MP20 wouldn’t have made the green but I’m interested to see how they play for me.

> @revanant said:

> So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

>

> I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

>

> In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

>

> Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

>

> @revanant said:

>

>

>

>

Very interesting!!! I am excited to try the 620 cb and mb outside....the snow won’t melt soon enough. I have hit both of the Titleist offerings off of a mat, and I would agree that they feel very soft/solid.

I’m interested why the 919 tour would not break into your top 5? I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. Is spring here yet!?

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @revanant said:

> > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> >

> > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> >

> > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> >

> > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> >

> > JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

>

> > @revanant said:

> > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> >

> > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> >

> > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> >

> > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> >

>

> Very interesting!!! I am excited to try the 620 cb and mb outside....the snow won’t melt soon enough. I have hit both of the Titleist offerings off of a mat, and I would agree that they feel very soft/solid.

>

> I’m interested why the 919 tour would not break into your top 5? I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. Is spring here yet!?

I've just started testing the 4 & 5 iron JPX Tours and I've been really impressed with them so far

In comparison to the 718 CBs & MP 68s I've been using they seem to have a higher ball flight and thin mis hits travel very well. Toe balls aren't amazing but they're no better or worse than the others.

They're not as soft as the blades but they feel good, neither harsh or clicky

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @revanant said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> > @revanant said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Very interesting!!! I am excited to try the 620 cb and mb outside....the snow won’t melt soon enough. I have hit both of the Titleist offerings off of a mat, and I would agree that they feel very soft/solid.

>

> I’m interested why the 919 tour would not break into your top 5? I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. Is spring here yet!?

From prior posts Rev seems to enjoy marshmallow-ish irons like Mizuno MP line and apex mb. IMO the 919 tour will forgive thin strikes a bit more and has an extremely high ball flight. It is a firmer feel though - still soft and not clicky but more of a thud and a bit firmer. Even with X Stiff shafts and cold golf balls (playing in 5 Celsius right now so close to freezing in Canada) the MP20 feels butter soft. I reiterate that the titleist sole grind is much more forgiving than the low bounce Mizunos but when striking well the MP20 is fantastic. I can’t complain it performed well on course. Looking forward to more testing. Just epoxied up my 716 MB/CB with black PVD $taper 130x to test against my MP20s. My friend is also lending me his set of Apex MB raw with tour issue S400 that he is selling. Going to be a fun head to head.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @revanant said:

> > > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> > >

> > > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> > >

> > > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> > >

> > > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> > >

> > > JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

> >

> > > @revanant said:

> > > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> > >

> > > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> > >

> > > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> > >

> > > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> > >

> > > JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

> >

> > Very interesting!!! I am excited to try the 620 cb and mb outside....the snow won’t melt soon enough. I have hit both of the Titleist offerings off of a mat, and I would agree that they feel very soft/solid.

> >

> > I’m interested why the 919 tour would not break into your top 5? I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. Is spring here yet!?

>

> From prior posts Rev seems to enjoy marshmallow-ish irons like Mizuno MP line and apex mb. IMO the 919 tour will forgive thin strikes a bit more and has an extremely high ball flight. It is a firmer feel though - still soft and not clicky but more of a thud and a bit firmer. Even with X Stiff shafts and cold golf balls (playing in 5 Celsius right now so close to freezing in Canada) the MP20 feels butter soft. I reiterate that the titleist sole grind is much more forgiving than the low bounce Mizunos but when striking well the MP20 is fantastic. I can’t complain it performed well on course. Looking forward to more testing. Just epoxied up my 716 MB/CB with black PVD $taper 130x to test against my MP20s. My friend is also lending me his set of Apex MB raw with tour issue S400 that he is selling. Going to be a fun head to head.

I'm curious about the $Taper X flex. I currently have the stiff flex in my Apex Pros and they have been good to me, but feel a little light. On the MIzuno Swing DNA, it recommends the X Flex for me. My SS is about 92 mph.

Do you find the X to be really stiff? I'm thinking of ordering MMCs with $Taper X, soft stepped twice.

Thoughts on the $tapers?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

> @DNice26 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @revanant said:

> > > > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> > > >

> > > > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> > > >

> > > > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> > > >

> > > > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> > > >

> > > > JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

> > >

> > > > @revanant said:

> > > > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> > > >

> > > > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> > > >

> > > > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> > > >

> > > > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> > > >

> > > > JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

> > >

> > > Very interesting!!! I am excited to try the 620 cb and mb outside....the snow won’t melt soon enough. I have hit both of the Titleist offerings off of a mat, and I would agree that they feel very soft/solid.

> > >

> > > I’m interested why the 919 tour would not break into your top 5? I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. Is spring here yet!?

> >

> > From prior posts Rev seems to enjoy marshmallow-ish irons like Mizuno MP line and apex mb. IMO the 919 tour will forgive thin strikes a bit more and has an extremely high ball flight. It is a firmer feel though - still soft and not clicky but more of a thud and a bit firmer. Even with X Stiff shafts and cold golf balls (playing in 5 Celsius right now so close to freezing in Canada) the MP20 feels butter soft. I reiterate that the titleist sole grind is much more forgiving than the low bounce Mizunos but when striking well the MP20 is fantastic. I can’t complain it performed well on course. Looking forward to more testing. Just epoxied up my 716 MB/CB with black PVD $taper 130x to test against my MP20s. My friend is also lending me his set of Apex MB raw with tour issue S400 that he is selling. Going to be a fun head to head.

>

>

> I'm curious about the $Taper X flex. I currently have the stiff flex in my Apex Pros and they have been good to me, but feel a little light. On the MIzuno Swing DNA, it recommends the X Flex for me. My SS is about 92 mph.

> Do you find the X to be really stiff? I'm thinking of ordering MMCs with $Taper X, soft stepped twice.

>

> Thoughts on the $tapers?

It really depends on what you need. I hit a very high ball and am probably around the same speed as you. On monitor I'm usually hitting a 7 iron close to 120 ft. DG S300 PX LZ 6.0 and similar I was getting the ball ripping back on the green all the way up to 4 iron. Most of that is due to descent angle plus spin not just purely spin alone but I did have trouble flighting the ball in the wind due to the spin and height. Played the $Taper on course for a full 18 for the first time yesterday and had no trouble in the breeze. Ball was stopping and if I knocked it down it would release which was nice to see - I haven't had that. I'm not totally sold as I think that the 125 S+ might have been better but if you soft step you'll get the weight and still retain some spin and feel. It doesn't feel overly hard to load but it is a big boy shaft for sure. I'll update as I go as I haven't had enough experience with it to fully give my review. The one thing I will say from monitor and on course is that it is a very accurate feeling shaft. My left miss and shaping is toned down drastically which I am happy about.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @DNice26 said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @revanant said:

> > > > > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> > > > >

> > > > > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> > > > >

> > > > > JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

> > > >

> > > > > @revanant said:

> > > > > So, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what @balls_deep posted, but I have a slightly different take. The only caveat is that all my observations are hitting off mats/sim, rather than turf.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think the MP20 is preferable to the 919 Tour in my hands, in a measurable way. The feel is considerably softer, and I find them significantly easier to launch. We'll know for sure when Maltby publishes the specs, but I'd suspect the MP20 MB has a much lower COG than the 919 Tour. But, long story short, I get more consistent contact and better ballflight with the MP20, along with a better feel. Less clicky/hard.

> > > > >

> > > > > In the past, I've really disliked the Titleist MB line. However, of the three lines, the 620 MB might be my favorite. It has the best aesthetics (really thin topline and small head) to my eye. The feel is much improved--way more soft and much more in line with the CB line. Finally, found them super-easy to hit well--was getting a ton of easy height and spin. The irons just clicked for me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course, you'll have to try them out yourself and figure out your own impressions. But if I were to rank current production MBs/Player's CBs, right now, I'd put it as 1) Apex MB 2) Titleist 620 MB 2.5) Mizuno MP20 3) Titleist 620 CB.

> > > > >

> > > > > JPX 919 Tour sadly wouldn't break my top 5.

> > > >

> > > > Very interesting!!! I am excited to try the 620 cb and mb outside....the snow won’t melt soon enough. I have hit both of the Titleist offerings off of a mat, and I would agree that they feel very soft/solid.

> > > >

> > > > I’m interested why the 919 tour would not break into your top 5? I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. Is spring here yet!?

> > >

> > > From prior posts Rev seems to enjoy marshmallow-ish irons like Mizuno MP line and apex mb. IMO the 919 tour will forgive thin strikes a bit more and has an extremely high ball flight. It is a firmer feel though - still soft and not clicky but more of a thud and a bit firmer. Even with X Stiff shafts and cold golf balls (playing in 5 Celsius right now so close to freezing in Canada) the MP20 feels butter soft. I reiterate that the titleist sole grind is much more forgiving than the low bounce Mizunos but when striking well the MP20 is fantastic. I can’t complain it performed well on course. Looking forward to more testing. Just epoxied up my 716 MB/CB with black PVD $taper 130x to test against my MP20s. My friend is also lending me his set of Apex MB raw with tour issue S400 that he is selling. Going to be a fun head to head.

> >

> >

> > I'm curious about the $Taper X flex. I currently have the stiff flex in my Apex Pros and they have been good to me, but feel a little light. On the MIzuno Swing DNA, it recommends the X Flex for me. My SS is about 92 mph.

> > Do you find the X to be really stiff? I'm thinking of ordering MMCs with $Taper X, soft stepped twice.

> >

> > Thoughts on the $tapers?

>

> It really depends on what you need. I hit a very high ball and am probably around the same speed as you. On monitor I'm usually hitting a 7 iron close to 120 ft. DG S300 PX LZ 6.0 and similar I was getting the ball ripping back on the green all the way up to 4 iron. Most of that is due to descent angle plus spin not just purely spin alone but I did have trouble flighting the ball in the wind due to the spin and height. Played the $Taper on course for a full 18 for the first time yesterday and had no trouble in the breeze. Ball was stopping and if I knocked it down it would release which was nice to see - I haven't had that. I'm not totally sold as I think that the 125 S+ might have been better but if you soft step you'll get the weight and still retain some spin and feel. It doesn't feel overly hard to load but it is a big boy shaft for sure. I'll update as I go as I haven't had enough experience with it to fully give my review. The one thing I will say from monitor and on course is that it is a very accurate feeling shaft. My left miss and shaping is toned down drastically which I am happy about.

Many thanks! Yeah, I'm a LOOONG time C-Taper guy, since they were introduced. I switched to the $Tapers this season just to try something new and searching for a bit more feel.

The C-Tapers can feel lifeless and harsh at times and the $-Tapers def were a nice transition for me. The only thing is the $Tapers feel lighter for whatever reason.

Yeah, if Mizy offered the S+ flex, it would be an easy choice for me. No question there. I'm leaning toward an order with X flex, soft stepped twice. Should give me a bit more weight while only a smidge stiffer.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

• 2 months later...