2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Thoughts on EVNROLL putters

cjnevins

> @mylesb21 said:

> Glad you liked the ER5. Have you also tried the ER2?

Yes , I had a long look at the ER2. My go to putter has been the Ping Anser F but I really want to try a mallet style ,so ER5. If I get another Evnroll it would be either the ER2 or the 2.2. I have not seen a 2.2 in my local shops.

Titleist TSR2  10*

TaylorMade Burner Mini 13.5*

Titleist TSR2 16.5*

Ping G425 Hybrid 21*

Wilson Staff Utility 24*

Wilson D9 Forged 6-PW

Titleist SM9 50 F 54* S 58* M

Evnroll ER11v Midlock

Titleist ProV1

> @mylesb21 said:

> > @naws-golfer said:

> > they are really nice putters.

> > please don't buy the hybe about grooves and roll though, the thing with rife and evnroll putters is the loft is spec'd at 2 degrees. if youve beenusing a ping, scotty, odyssey, or a TM chances are your loft was closer to 3.5 or 4.

> >

> > inserts are great for modifying feel, as do grooves, but im not sure grooves can straighten out a horrible path.

>

>

> By the way, this poster was incorrect about loft. Evnroll putters have 3 degrees of loft. The grooves even out the energy into mishits (center hits have less energy transfer than off-center hits), so they roll about as far as center strike putts.

Actually that poster was correct- They have two degrees of loft except the massive offset one and that has 1 degree of loft. Go to the website

> @KMo23 said:

> > @mylesb21 said:

> > > @naws-golfer said:

> > > they are really nice putters.

> > > please don't buy the hybe about grooves and roll though, the thing with rife and evnroll putters is the loft is spec'd at 2 degrees. if youve beenusing a ping, scotty, odyssey, or a TM chances are your loft was closer to 3.5 or 4.

> > >

> > > inserts are great for modifying feel, as do grooves, but im not sure grooves can straighten out a horrible path.

> >

> >

> > By the way, this poster was incorrect about loft. Evnroll putters have 3 degrees of loft. The grooves even out the energy into mishits (center hits have less energy transfer than off-center hits), so they roll about as far as center strike putts.

>

> Actually that poster was correct- They have two degrees of loft except the massive offset one and that has 1 degree of loft. Go to the website

I stand corrected. When I revisited the Evnroll site I see the specs show 2 degrees of loft for their putters. The fitter at True Spec incorrectly told me the loft was 3 degrees.

• 2 months later...

Got to try one of these for the first time yesterday. Have to agree with you. I don't like double bend shafts as a rule, and even the slant necks have felt off. I seem to prefer plumber necks, but the shaft bend on this one not only didn't bother me, but I liked how it gets out of the way. I was also worried about the feel as I usually don't care for how aluminum feels, but that wasn't a problem either. I know some have said they have trouble with distance control with Evnroll, but I find it a challenge with mallets in general, but I got along with this one surprisingly quick.

About the only performance concern was how I was aligning it, but I think a lie adjustment might help there. I'd like to get one on real greens.

Promising design, but not over the moon enough with it that I can ignore the sticker price.

I bought an ER2 this past season and it just couldn’t stay in my bag vs my 2012 Scotty Newport. Off center strikes may have rolled better - but I was far more successful with my Scotty. I took it out for 10 rounds straight and the Scotty in round 11 was my best putting of the season. Personal preference really impacts a putter more than most other clubs in my opinion. Now to find a way to sell the ER2.

• 5 months later...

My question is if you switch out the gravity grip that’s weighted how much will it mess will everything the putter has for weight. I just bought the er2b and I love the putter but hate the grip. I want my pistol SuperStroke 2.0 on it but unsure what it will do to the weighting of the putter. Any ideas?

I used to have the ER2 and installed the gravity grip. I hated the grip and replaced it with tour snsr grip. I noticed right away how heavy the head was after removing the gravity grip, but still preferred the tour snsr. My head felt really heavy considering it was the 370g head. There's smething that I really hated about the gravity grip

• 2 months later...

I was fitted for an ER2B at the beginning of July.  Lovely looking putter, very premium look about it.  It's coming out though because I just have no feel with it.  Pace control became a big problem for me.  I always had a tendency to leave putts short but with the Evnroll I am all over the place.  Really struggled to get putts dead.  Every now and again I seem to get a really hot one that goes a long way past the hole and not from long range either, has happened several times from the 15 to 20 feet range where it just seems to go off in my hands and I knock it 7 or 8 past.  Confidence in it is shot now so I'm going back to my #7.

I've been through a lot of putters in my time playing. The ER2 is the best for me at this time. I have had a round this year that I made more putts with that putter than I made in all the rounds I played with my last one (Scotty Pro Platinum). 

I honestly don't like the feel of it. It basically gives me no feedback. When the ball goes in the hole, however, I don't care. The fact that it doesn't "feel" good is actually the benefit to it if I understand the technology correctly because it doesn't matter where you hit it on the face - it should go the same distance. 

I've had issues with it on fast greens but I think that was more just my inexperience in serious tournament conditions. The second and third go-round with it on fast greens I did much better. I do believe that my Scotty Cameron may have had a bit of an advantage in those circumstances but I can't be sure since that club is now gone.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:41 AM, RTEM5746 said:

I was fitted for an ER2B at the beginning of July.  Lovely looking putter, very premium look about it.  It's coming out though because I just have no feel with it.  Pace control became a big problem for me.  I always had a tendency to leave putts short but with the Evnroll I am all over the place.  Really struggled to get putts dead.  Every now and again I seem to get a really hot one that goes a long way past the hole and not from long range either, has happened several times from the 15 to 20 feet range where it just seems to go off in my hands and I knock it 7 or 8 past.  Confidence in it is shot now so I'm going back to my #7.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:43 AM, ndlutz said:

I've been through a lot of putters in my time playing. The ER2 is the best for me at this time. I have had a round this year that I made more putts with that putter than I made in all the rounds I played with my last one (Scotty Pro Platinum). 

I honestly don't like the feel of it. It basically gives me no feedback. When the ball goes in the hole, however, I don't care. The fact that it doesn't "feel" good is actually the benefit to it if I understand the technology correctly because it doesn't matter where you hit it on the face - it should go the same distance. 

I've had issues with it on fast greens but I think that was more just my inexperience in serious tournament conditions. The second and third go-round with it on fast greens I did much better. I do believe that my Scotty Cameron may have had a bit of an advantage in those circumstances but I can't be sure since that club is now gone.

Coincidentally, I picked up this ER2B putter yesterday at the PGATSS and started holing "everything". I groaned aloud as I had just recently gotten my new Seemore blade putter.

But both of you mention how bad it feels. Personally I find ALL of these "shaft-in-head" or "shaft-over-tiny-nub" connections of shaft terrible vis-a-vis feel.

They almost never feel right to me, even on a dead center strike. A plumber's neck model OTOH almost always feels great.

I've always said a great feel is really no feel at all. By that I mean one doesn't feel the head OR shaft twist and the sound is "pure". But these type of shaft connections always feel poorly to me.

That said, as nd mentioned, results are what counts. It's just very difficult to stroke the ball properly when you know the result is going to be "Clack" even if it rolls true and goes in.

All THAT said I've been putting with mallets for a looooong time now. Last blade type putter I can remember is the Scotty Newport I played with in the mid-90s !!!

I  just recently decided to try blade types again and purchased a Seemore MT7 face balanced blade and, as most face balanced putters are, it is shaft-in-head. I must say it doesn't feel AS bad as most of these types but it doesn't feel great - but results are hard to refute.

Then again, I've never been one to be married to a putter (talk about understatement :classic_rolleyes:) but my first couple of rounds with it have been promising.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• 7 months later...

Have followed this thread with interest.  As with most things golf related, look and feel is subjective and what works for one guy wont work for another.  I've been a fan of Rife for a while and had a Rife Aussie blade in the bag for a while, before dallying with Scotty Newport 2, and most recently a Piretti Cottonwood 2.

I found the roll off the face with the Scotty and the Piretti to not be what I was looking for, and the 375g head in the Piretti was too heavy until I put an Evnroll gravity grip on it.  Was very impressed, smoothed the stroke out and made things good for a while.  Now I've got an ER2V on order with short plumb neck, gravity grip at 33" with the 380g head.  Appreciate that some people don't like the sound or feel, but then I guess the same was said about Ping when he started, and also the Piretti makes a very distinctive noise when struck, which you just get used to - if you want to!

So - ER2V ordered, specced for me (I am 6' 3" and play all my putters at 33"), so lets see if the putting stats improve...