Any Long Term Srixon 785 Irons Reviews??

tigerfan23

> @gmacgolfer78 said:

> Ive heard quite a bit that these clubs have a tendancy to go left?

> Anyone find that?

>

> They look perfect to me.

>

>

I think that is more shaft/swing related than anything. > @balls_deep said:

> > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > Ive heard quite a bit that these clubs have a tendancy to go left?

> > Anyone find that?

> >

> > They look perfect to me.

> >

> >

>

> They were quite draw bias for me even when I tried the flat demo head. My theory is that they are a huge hit because a lot of guys swing out to in and therefore fight the fade and spin. These are draw bias and low spin for me.

You post quite a bit about your issues with them, but I have yet to experience them. I fight a hook and I do not have spin/hook issues with them. The shaft is the main thing that changes my miss tendency.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > Anyone find that?

> >

> >

> >

>

> They were quite draw bias for me even when I tried the flat demo head. My theory is that they are a huge hit because a lot of guys swing out to in and therefore fight the fade and spin. These are draw bias and low spin for me.

I noticed that as well. I came from mb's and my first few swings were pretty hooky. Once adjusted these are pretty hard to beat.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > Anyone find that?

> >

> >

> >

>

> I think that is more shaft/swing related than anything. > @balls_deep said:

> > > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > > Ive heard quite a bit that these clubs have a tendancy to go left?

> > > Anyone find that?

> > >

> > > They look perfect to me.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > They were quite draw bias for me even when I tried the flat demo head. My theory is that they are a huge hit because a lot of guys swing out to in and therefore fight the fade and spin. These are draw bias and low spin for me.

>

> You post quite a bit about your issues with them, but I have yet to experience them. I fight a hook and I do not have spin/hook issues with them. The shaft is the main thing that changes my miss tendency.

Don't get me wrong at all I actually love the idea of these irons and the only reason you see me posting in these threads is because I actually want to game them. I thought I'd struck gold finding a cheap set of 945s but I shafted that and a Miura CB57 up and I can't actually explain the difference to you - it was jarring. Low hooks with the Srixon beautiful high straight shots with the CB. Same thing when I tried the 785 on sim though way better. Big draws though. If I could bend them flat enough and find the right shaft they could be money.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > > Ive heard quite a bit that these clubs have a tendancy to go left?

> > > Anyone find that?

> > >

> > > They look perfect to me.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I think that is more shaft/swing related than anything. > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > > > Ive heard quite a bit that these clubs have a tendancy to go left?

> > > > Anyone find that?

> > > >

> > > > They look perfect to me.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > They were quite draw bias for me even when I tried the flat demo head. My theory is that they are a huge hit because a lot of guys swing out to in and therefore fight the fade and spin. These are draw bias and low spin for me.

> >

> > You post quite a bit about your issues with them, but I have yet to experience them. I fight a hook and I do not have spin/hook issues with them. The shaft is the main thing that changes my miss tendency.

>

> Don't get me wrong at all I actually love the idea of these irons and the only reason you see me posting in these threads is because I actually want to game them. I thought I'd struck gold finding a cheap set of 945s but I shafted that and a Miura CB57 up and I can't actually explain the difference to you - it was jarring. Low hooks with the Srixon beautiful high straight shots with the CB. Same thing when I tried the 785 on sim though way better. Big draws though. If I could bend them flat enough and find the right shaft they could be money.

Strange indeed, I can boomerang just about anything, ultimately comes down to shaft for me. Just sold my 745/945 set, have a 585/785 and a 785/Z Forged set on the way. Currently game J15Cbs with Modus 130x, the 785/Zforged on the way have $taper 130x. Going to demo the Mp20 MMC one more time this weekend as well, I have issues with JDM clubs!

> @Krt22 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > > > Ive heard quite a bit that these clubs have a tendancy to go left?

> > > > Anyone find that?

> > > >

> > > > They look perfect to me.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think that is more shaft/swing related than anything. > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @gmacgolfer78 said:

> > > > > Ive heard quite a bit that these clubs have a tendancy to go left?

> > > > > Anyone find that?

> > > > >

> > > > > They look perfect to me.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They were quite draw bias for me even when I tried the flat demo head. My theory is that they are a huge hit because a lot of guys swing out to in and therefore fight the fade and spin. These are draw bias and low spin for me.

> > >

> > > You post quite a bit about your issues with them, but I have yet to experience them. I fight a hook and I do not have spin/hook issues with them. The shaft is the main thing that changes my miss tendency.

> >

> > Don't get me wrong at all I actually love the idea of these irons and the only reason you see me posting in these threads is because I actually want to game them. I thought I'd struck gold finding a cheap set of 945s but I shafted that and a Miura CB57 up and I can't actually explain the difference to you - it was jarring. Low hooks with the Srixon beautiful high straight shots with the CB. Same thing when I tried the 785 on sim though way better. Big draws though. If I could bend them flat enough and find the right shaft they could be money.

>

> Strange indeed, I can boomerang just about anything, ultimately comes down to shaft for me. Just sold my 745/945 set, have a 585/785 and a 785/Z Forged set on the way. Currently game J15Cbs with Modus 130x, the 785/Zforged on the way have $taper 130x. Going to demo the Mp20 MMC one more time this weekend as well, I have issues with JDM clubs!

If you want to unload the 585/785 set at some point let me know

> @balls_deep said:

> Has anybody bent just the 4-9 weak and left the PW? I find the gapping a bit funny. Might pick a set up to try to lower my spin a bit.

Yes, I did almost exactly that.

I went to 4* gaps based on my 18* utility so I kept the 4i as is but everything else got weaker except for the PW because the gapping was off for me. I only had a few rounds with it set up that way before we shut it down for the season last week but it was definitely better.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

> @jvincent said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > Has anybody bent just the 4-9 weak and left the PW? I find the gapping a bit funny. Might pick a set up to try to lower my spin a bit.

>

> Yes, I did almost exactly that.

>

> I went to 4* gaps based on my 18* utility so I kept the 4i as is but everything else got weaker except for the PW because the gapping was off for me. I only had a few rounds with it set up that way before we shut it down for the season last week but it was definitely better.

Picked up a set with TI x100 in them. Lies bent flat so pretty spec'd up. Played them without going to the range first in +2 celcius (felt like below freezing - bad idea). It was also super windy. The clubs impressed me for how bad I was swinging all bundled up in a coat. Hit some absolute darts with them. So soft, great feel through the turf as I remembered from 765. Not the most forgiving but pretty good. Spin seemed more under control than my Titleist irons. Need to test more but initial impressions pretty good.

Can you say these irons are underrated? I know the 745 were widely popular but seems like these might've been lost in the mix? I don't know. Warmed up a bit here in SLC. Managed to get couple range sessions and 18 holes in on Saturday. Clubs are seriously awesome. I will echo and say the turf action seems to be on point! Irons were seriously a breeze to get up in the air. I didn't notice any lack of spin causing flight to be low. Felt like the long irons were higher than what I was use to with blades. I have noticed a huge increase in dispersion right off the bat. Hitting the perfect ball doesn't feel quite the same as blades but that's the only fault I can possibly find after moving from one to the other. Hoping this warm weather holds out for a bit longer so I can get a round or two more in this year. I could see myself gaming these for a while.

> @MillerLowLife said:

> Can you say these irons are underrated? I know the 745 were widely popular but seems like these might've been lost in the mix? I don't know. Warmed up a bit here in SLC. Managed to get couple range sessions and 18 holes in on Saturday. Clubs are seriously awesome. I will echo and say the turf action seems to be on point! Irons were seriously a breeze to get up in the air. I didn't notice any lack of spin causing flight to be low. Felt like the long irons were higher than what I was use to with blades. I have noticed a huge increase in dispersion right off the bat. Hitting the perfect ball doesn't feel quite the same as blades but that's the only fault I can possibly find after moving from one to the other. Hoping this warm weather holds out for a bit longer so I can get a round or two more in this year. I could see myself gaming these for a while.

Makes more sense to update this thread than the other. Currently testing these with X100 and have been pleasantly surprised. Considering (1) it's very cold in Canada right now (2) it's been very windy (3) it's rained a sh^t ton and the ground is soup (4) I'm swinging like sh^t right now... they have performed quite well. Workable both ways, easy to flight, insane soft, and great turf interaction. The only thing that I wish is that the footprint was a bit smaller, the top line a bit thinner, and the toe a bit more squared off. Decently forgiving and great feel. Haven't had the spin issues I experienced with Srixons last go around. Definite contender for the bag.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @MillerLowLife said:

> > Can you say these irons are underrated? I know the 745 were widely popular but seems like these might've been lost in the mix? I don't know. Warmed up a bit here in SLC. Managed to get couple range sessions and 18 holes in on Saturday. Clubs are seriously awesome. I will echo and say the turf action seems to be on point! Irons were seriously a breeze to get up in the air. I didn't notice any lack of spin causing flight to be low. Felt like the long irons were higher than what I was use to with blades. I have noticed a huge increase in dispersion right off the bat. Hitting the perfect ball doesn't feel quite the same as blades but that's the only fault I can possibly find after moving from one to the other. Hoping this warm weather holds out for a bit longer so I can get a round or two more in this year. I could see myself gaming these for a while.

>

> Makes more sense to update this thread than the other. Currently testing these with X100 and have been pleasantly surprised. Considering (1) it's very cold in Canada right now (2) it's been very windy (3) it's rained a sh^t ton and the ground is soup (4) I'm swinging like sh^t right now... they have performed quite well. Workable both ways, easy to flight, insane soft, and great turf interaction. They only thing that I wish is that the footprint was a bit smaller, the top line a bit thinner, and the toe a bit more squared off. Decently forgiving and great feel. Haven't had the spin issues I experienced with Srixons last go around. Definite contender for the bag.

How would you compare them vs the iblade? Been thinking long and hard about the 785's.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @MillerLowLife said:

> > Can you say these irons are underrated? I know the 745 were widely popular but seems like these might've been lost in the mix? I don't know. Warmed up a bit here in SLC. Managed to get couple range sessions and 18 holes in on Saturday. Clubs are seriously awesome. I will echo and say the turf action seems to be on point! Irons were seriously a breeze to get up in the air. I didn't notice any lack of spin causing flight to be low. Felt like the long irons were higher than what I was use to with blades. I have noticed a huge increase in dispersion right off the bat. Hitting the perfect ball doesn't feel quite the same as blades but that's the only fault I can possibly find after moving from one to the other. Hoping this warm weather holds out for a bit longer so I can get a round or two more in this year. I could see myself gaming these for a while.

>

> Makes more sense to update this thread than the other. Currently testing these with X100 and have been pleasantly surprised. Considering (1) it's very cold in Canada right now (2) it's been very windy (3) it's rained a sh^t ton and the ground is soup (4) I'm swinging like sh^t right now... they have performed quite well. Workable both ways, easy to flight, insane soft, and great turf interaction. They only thing that I wish is that the footprint was a bit smaller, the top line a bit thinner, and the toe a bit more squared off. Decently forgiving and great feel. Haven't had the spin issues I experienced with Srixons last go around. Definite contender for the bag.

I agree on the more squared off toe but I have noticed much of a difference in terms of topline thickness from my mp18 mb's. But totally agree on how well they are to play/flight/feel/turf and with the x100 - they are going to be hard to beat at this price. I love the look of the back too. CB's can be really hit or miss for me but these seem to appeal to my eye.

> @"Pete Dye Rules" said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @MillerLowLife said:

> > > Can you say these irons are underrated? I know the 745 were widely popular but seems like these might've been lost in the mix? I don't know. Warmed up a bit here in SLC. Managed to get couple range sessions and 18 holes in on Saturday. Clubs are seriously awesome. I will echo and say the turf action seems to be on point! Irons were seriously a breeze to get up in the air. I didn't notice any lack of spin causing flight to be low. Felt like the long irons were higher than what I was use to with blades. I have noticed a huge increase in dispersion right off the bat. Hitting the perfect ball doesn't feel quite the same as blades but that's the only fault I can possibly find after moving from one to the other. Hoping this warm weather holds out for a bit longer so I can get a round or two more in this year. I could see myself gaming these for a while.

> >

> > Makes more sense to update this thread than the other. Currently testing these with X100 and have been pleasantly surprised. Considering (1) it's very cold in Canada right now (2) it's been very windy (3) it's rained a sh^t ton and the ground is soup (4) I'm swinging like sh^t right now... they have performed quite well. Workable both ways, easy to flight, insane soft, and great turf interaction. They only thing that I wish is that the footprint was a bit smaller, the top line a bit thinner, and the toe a bit more squared off. Decently forgiving and great feel. Haven't had the spin issues I experienced with Srixons last go around. Definite contender for the bag.

>

> How would you compare them vs the iblade? Been thinking long and hard about the 785's.

I never gamed iblade's but I was fit into them with x100 when I did a fitting and would've bought them but the price point for new kept me from buying. They're great clubs but probably would notice a difference in feel between the cast and forged heads. Probably can't go wrong with either as long as you have your shaft of choice.

> @"Pete Dye Rules" said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @MillerLowLife said:

> > > Can you say these irons are underrated? I know the 745 were widely popular but seems like these might've been lost in the mix? I don't know. Warmed up a bit here in SLC. Managed to get couple range sessions and 18 holes in on Saturday. Clubs are seriously awesome. I will echo and say the turf action seems to be on point! Irons were seriously a breeze to get up in the air. I didn't notice any lack of spin causing flight to be low. Felt like the long irons were higher than what I was use to with blades. I have noticed a huge increase in dispersion right off the bat. Hitting the perfect ball doesn't feel quite the same as blades but that's the only fault I can possibly find after moving from one to the other. Hoping this warm weather holds out for a bit longer so I can get a round or two more in this year. I could see myself gaming these for a while.

> >

> > Makes more sense to update this thread than the other. Currently testing these with X100 and have been pleasantly surprised. Considering (1) it's very cold in Canada right now (2) it's been very windy (3) it's rained a sh^t ton and the ground is soup (4) I'm swinging like sh^t right now... they have performed quite well. Workable both ways, easy to flight, insane soft, and great turf interaction. They only thing that I wish is that the footprint was a bit smaller, the top line a bit thinner, and the toe a bit more squared off. Decently forgiving and great feel. Haven't had the spin issues I experienced with Srixons last go around. Definite contender for the bag.

>

> How would you compare them vs the iblade? Been thinking long and hard about the 785's.

The iBlade spins a lot so it will probably be a bit shorter and fly a bit higher. I had iBlades at the beginning of the season for a bit and they were nice clubs. They feel surprisingly good for cast clubs, though if you film your swing you notice how much more of a high pitched crack they make. Even with stiffer shafts the iBlade will spin a lot so really the main consideration. Although the price is high, I would be looking for Blueprints rather than iBlades. I can’t compare directly as the iBlades I had had s300 in them and I didn’t realize at the time that I swing aggressively and my 7i is over 90mph so I was having some dispersion and over spin issues.

The one odd thing about the 785 is that given it is 3 degrees stronger than my MB/CBs it doesn’t seem particularly long. It could be just due to weather but I don’t seem to be hitting them much further than my stock yardages. Playing again today and will report back as it will probably be the last round of the season here.

Played again today. Flier issues are non-existent with DG X100 in these. Ripping back mid irons nicely when I want to. Easy to flight. Man these are good sticks. Cold, 25mph wind slightly helping and way off the left to a left pin on a tricky tier. Crisped it and held in into the wind, pitched 150 and ripped back to 6 inches to the 145 flag. Absolutely pure.

• Like 1

> @balls_deep said:

> Played again today. Flier issues are non-existent with DG X100 in these. Ripping back mid irons nicely when I want to. Easy to flight. Man these are good sticks. Cold, 25mph wind slightly helping and way off the left to a left pin on a tricky tier. Crisped it and held in into the wind, pitched 150 and ripped back to 6 inches to the 145 flag. Absolutely pure.

Oh, so NOW you're a fan? Lol..... just bustin your chops.....I'm glad you got the right combo.....I think my enjoyment comes from these being slightly larger than most players irons but certainly not too big .....and the v-sole, which was a major concern, is actually a strong benefit!

> @" SwooshLT" said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > Played again today. Flier issues are non-existent with DG X100 in these. Ripping back mid irons nicely when I want to. Easy to flight. Man these are good sticks. Cold, 25mph wind slightly helping and way off the left to a left pin on a tricky tier. Crisped it and held in into the wind, pitched 150 and ripped back to 6 inches to the 145 flag. Absolutely pure.

>

> Oh, so NOW you're a fan? Lol..... just bustin your chops.....I'm glad you got the right combo.....I think my enjoyment comes from these being slightly larger than most players irons but certainly not too big .....and the v-sole, which was a major concern, is actually a strong benefit!

Yeah these are bent one or two flat and the X100’s are perfect. Just shafted up my wedges with the S400 you sent me so thanks for those.

I definitely have never hated on Srixon. I was very frustrated by the 765 because they felt really good and the feeling through the turf was addicting and unique. I just couldn’t get them to work for my game. These seem to be different irons in that regard. I hit them very high and have tons of stop. They are also just about one of the most pure feeling irons when struck well that you can find. They’re bigger than I’d like, and I do wonder if maybe comboing in some ZForged would be a good option but for the time being I’m surprised by them and love them. The one thing is because they’re so soft and the guy who I bought them from rode in carts a lot there is some chatter on the chrome bits. I’d like to try to make the whole head a satin with some scotch bright pads. Maybe an off season project. For the time being I’ve decided that they will be my gamers.

• Like 1

> @balls_deep said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > Played again today. Flier issues are non-existent with DG X100 in these. Ripping back mid irons nicely when I want to. Easy to flight. Man these are good sticks. Cold, 25mph wind slightly helping and way off the left to a left pin on a tricky tier. Crisped it and held in into the wind, pitched 150 and ripped back to 6 inches to the 145 flag. Absolutely pure.

> >

> > Oh, so NOW you're a fan? Lol..... just bustin your chops.....I'm glad you got the right combo.....I think my enjoyment comes from these being slightly larger than most players irons but certainly not too big .....and the v-sole, which was a major concern, is actually a strong benefit!

>

> Yeah these are bent one or two flat and the X100’s are perfect. Just shafted up my wedges with the S400 you sent me so thanks for those.

>

> I definitely have never hated on Srixon. I was very frustrated by the 765 because they felt really good and the feeling through the turf was addicting and unique. I just couldn’t get them to work for my game. These seem to be different irons in that regard. I hit them very high and have tons of stop. They are also just about one of the most pure feeling irons when struck well that you can find. They’re bigger than I’d like, and I do wonder if maybe comboing in some ZForged would be a good option but for the time being I’m surprised by them and love them. The one thing is because they’re so soft and the guy who I bought them from rode in carts a lot there is some chatter on the chrome bits. I’d like to try to make the whole head a satin with some scotch bright pads. Maybe an off season project. For the time being I’ve decided that they will be my gamers.

Glad to hear about the shafts! I know you have total respect for Cleveland/ srixon ......nice to find THAT shaft......sorry to see the weather turning on you......

I certainly can see Zforged short irons for you although I've heard they aren't really smaller than Z785

> @COmedic said:

> Not yet long term, but my second round with these clubs and I just shot a personal-best 74 yesterday. I’m an 11 handicap who finally broke 80 this year so it was a big deal for me. Went with the Modus 120x and couldn’t be happier with the set.

Congrats! They're very nice clubs.

I've been on again and off again struggling with a set of irons for this year. I had a talk with the local Srixon rep and he asked if he could bring a set for me to demo for a few weeks.

I was blown away. I called and ordered immediately

Not only are they great looking, but they don't have gimmicks or frills all over them. They look simple down next to the ball. I have the Modus 120's in them and the feel is unreal. This might sound hyperbolic, but these irons offer the most pleasing feel of any iron I have ever hit. Muscle back or Muscle Cavity, these feel as good or better than anything I have ever tried. I would describe their feel as powerful. It is a soft, muted and very pleasing feel.

I've hit range balls for the past couple of weeks and played a few holes here and their after work, but yesterday, I played my first 18 with the set that I ordered. I was immediately more comfortable with this new set than I have been with the set that I had been playing all year. In fact I was on the 13th yesterday and had a full 5 iron into the green. With my previous set of irons, I probably would have talked myself into hitting a hybrid, assuming that I would not carry the 5 iron far or accurately enough. I didn't even think twice about pulling the 5 iron. I hit a great shot that felt perfect, launched high and landed soft. That elevated my confidence level even more.

I also have to add, I love their marketing. No frills or gimmicks, no outlandish claims. They don't say that they are the longest and most forgiving irons you will ever hit. They are some of the most timeless and classic looking muscle/cavity irons on the market.

The local Srixon rep made a great point when he told me that the best marketing that Srixon can do is just get more people to check them out and test them. If you haven't tried them, give them a chance.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > Played again today. Flier issues are non-existent with DG X100 in these. Ripping back mid irons nicely when I want to. Easy to flight. Man these are good sticks. Cold, 25mph wind slightly helping and way off the left to a left pin on a tricky tier. Crisped it and held in into the wind, pitched 150 and ripped back to 6 inches to the 145 flag. Absolutely pure.

> >

> > Oh, so NOW you're a fan? Lol..... just bustin your chops.....I'm glad you got the right combo.....I think my enjoyment comes from these being slightly larger than most players irons but certainly not too big .....and the v-sole, which was a major concern, is actually a strong benefit!

>

> Yeah these are bent one or two flat and the X100’s are perfect. Just shafted up my wedges with the S400 you sent me so thanks for those.

>

> I definitely have never hated on Srixon. I was very frustrated by the 765 because they felt really good and the feeling through the turf was addicting and unique. I just couldn’t get them to work for my game. These seem to be different irons in that regard. I hit them very high and have tons of stop. They are also just about one of the most pure feeling irons when struck well that you can find. They’re bigger than I’d like, and I do wonder if maybe comboing in some ZForged would be a good option but for the time being I’m surprised by them and love them. The one thing is because they’re so soft and the guy who I bought them from rode in carts a lot there is some chatter on the chrome bits. I’d like to try to make the whole head a satin with some scotch bright pads. Maybe an off season project. For the time being I’ve decided that they will be my gamers.

I think I might need to go back to a set of trusty X100s.

I was eyeing a set of 785's with 125 f5 recoil prototype's on eBay for a month. Finally pulled the trigger and they came in yesterday. I played z965's 2 years ago, so im not surprised how amazing the 785s

Ive noticed how odd the lofts are on these irons on Srixon's website and have followed this thread for months. rented a simulator for an hour yesterday and got numbers id expect from the weird lofts of these. Those that have played for a long time, what have you done for lofts? Its definitely concerning to have that big of a jump with the scoring irons. I know its more about gapping than loft consistency, but 5* between 8i - 9i, and 9i - Pw is crazy. Right now im leaning towards weakening both the 9 and 8 but the gap between 7 and 8 could increase to 15 yards. 15 yard gap is manageable but not ideal for me. Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

So wrapping it all up, has anyone else found loft/distance inconsistency with the stock lofts?.... and yes im going to get the lofts checked first before I start bending anything

PW carry 132

9i carry 150

8i carry 167

7i carry 176

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

> @JoeFrigo said:

> Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

>

I did exactly this to mine. I only played a few rounds with them but the gapping was definitely better. I'm going to be confirming the gapping on the LM during the off season.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

> @jvincent said:

> > @JoeFrigo said:

> > Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

> >

>

> I did exactly this to mine. I only played a few rounds with them but the gapping was definitely better. I'm going to be confirming the gapping on the LM during the off season.

>

>

ok good to know, seems so weird why they would have those lofts. I gotta get mine measured first but think like you mentioned just going in gaps of 4 is always a safe route

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

> @RH82 said:

> I don't get the whole draw bias thing with these irons as I've owned these for a season and have not noticed this whatsoever.

It was shaft for me. Fine with X100. Was not fine with LZ.

> @JoeFrigo said:

> I was eyeing a set of 785's with 125 f5 recoil prototype's on eBay for a month. Finally pulled the trigger and they came in yesterday. I played z965's 2 years ago, so im not surprised how amazing the 785s

>

> Ive noticed how odd the lofts are on these irons on Srixon's website and have followed this thread for months. rented a simulator for an hour yesterday and got numbers id expect from the weird lofts of these. Those that have played for a long time, what have you done for lofts? Its definitely concerning to have that big of a jump with the scoring irons. I know its more about gapping than loft consistency, but 5* between 8i - 9i, and 9i - Pw is crazy. Right now im leaning towards weakening both the 9 and 8 but the gap between 7 and 8 could increase to 15 yards. 15 yard gap is manageable but not ideal for me. Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

>

> So wrapping it all up, has anyone else found loft/distance inconsistency with the stock lofts?.... and yes im going to get the lofts checked first before I start bending anything

>

> PW carry 132

>

> 9i carry 150

>

> 8i carry 167

>

> 7i carry 176

I'm going to keep the PW the same and weaken the rest by two degrees.