Bettinardi PVD finish flaking off? ***RESOLUTION***

dxdgenert

I hate to say it but reach out via social media, maybe someone steps up and follows thru with the agreement?

Like I said I’m a huge Betti fan but they need to follow thru with what they agreed to do the second they offered it! It’s on them if an employee made a call they didn’t agree with.

> @Dasenergi said:

> I hate to say it but reach out via social media, maybe someone steps up and follows thru with the agreement?

>

> Like I said I’m a huge Betti fan but they need to follow thru with what they agreed to do the second they offered it! It’s on them if an employee made a call they didn’t agree with.

>

>

DM’ed them on Instagram but haven’t heard back. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. I’m just going to chalk it up as a bad experience. I do like the putter and will raise hell if it deteriorates further. I certainly don’t see any other Bettinardi putters in my future, however. Too many high end products to suffer poor customer service on an expensive item.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @Dasenergi said:

> > I’m a huge Bettinardi fan and this is disappointing to say the least. Once they agreed in the 1st place they should follow thru. If I’m reading correctly the agreement wasn’t to take a look at the putter. They had agreed to replace it and someone in a warehouse changed their mind? This is poor customer service all around. Did you reach out to the original person who agreed to replace it?

> >

> > I have a putter for the same line and had the same issue but actually like the unique “wear” and assumed it came from fertilizer on the course. I’ve seen it on multiple finishes and different makers. No club finish will remain the same due to use and almost with the elements. I’m surprised they agreed in the 1st place but once they did they should have bit the bullet as agreed.

>

> Yes, I have correspondence of them saying it would be replaced under warranty five times by two different individuals. I did speak with the first point of contact and he wouldn’t budge. Said the putter was already on the way back to me (it was).

Something doesn't add up. From what I gather Bettinardi isn't a huge operation so it's quite unlikely left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Did they give you a reason for refusing to carry out what was agreed upon already?

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

> @mister2cool said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @Dasenergi said:

> > > I’m a huge Bettinardi fan and this is disappointing to say the least. Once they agreed in the 1st place they should follow thru. If I’m reading correctly the agreement wasn’t to take a look at the putter. They had agreed to replace it and someone in a warehouse changed their mind? This is poor customer service all around. Did you reach out to the original person who agreed to replace it?

> > >

> > > I have a putter for the same line and had the same issue but actually like the unique “wear” and assumed it came from fertilizer on the course. I’ve seen it on multiple finishes and different makers. No club finish will remain the same due to use and almost with the elements. I’m surprised they agreed in the 1st place but once they did they should have bit the bullet as agreed.

> >

> > Yes, I have correspondence of them saying it would be replaced under warranty five times by two different individuals. I did speak with the first point of contact and he wouldn’t budge. Said the putter was already on the way back to me (it was).

>

> Something doesn't add up. From what I gather Bettinardi isn't a huge operation so it's quite unlikely left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Did they give you a reason for refusing to carry out what was agreed upon already?

It’s a big enough operation to stock retail box stores. It’s not like we are talking about a boutique brand here. Bettinardi is a full fledged OE.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

As someone who is about to drop some money on a new "higher end" putter, this basically ends any possibility of me spending it on a Bettinardi. This is a shame actually, since I live in Chicago about 40 mins from their doorstep. I would've loved to buy from the home team, but with this kind of customer service it's an easy decision to go elsewhere.

I'm also left handed, and their lefty offerings are limited - at best.

Callaway Paradym TD, AD GP 7X......Titleist TSi 13.5*……TS2 15*
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-PW DGX100......Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60
Taylormade Spider Tour......Sun Mountain 2.5 14 way.....

> @mister2cool said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @Dasenergi said:

> > > I’m a huge Bettinardi fan and this is disappointing to say the least. Once they agreed in the 1st place they should follow thru. If I’m reading correctly the agreement wasn’t to take a look at the putter. They had agreed to replace it and someone in a warehouse changed their mind? This is poor customer service all around. Did you reach out to the original person who agreed to replace it?

> > >

> > > I have a putter for the same line and had the same issue but actually like the unique “wear” and assumed it came from fertilizer on the course. I’ve seen it on multiple finishes and different makers. No club finish will remain the same due to use and almost with the elements. I’m surprised they agreed in the 1st place but once they did they should have bit the bullet as agreed.

> >

> > Yes, I have correspondence of them saying it would be replaced under warranty five times by two different individuals. I did speak with the first point of contact and he wouldn’t budge. Said the putter was already on the way back to me (it was).

>

> Something doesn't add up. From what I gather Bettinardi isn't a huge operation so it's quite unlikely left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Did they give you a reason for refusing to carry out what was agreed upon already?

Here are all of the times that they told me they would return the putter under warranty.

I have taken out the two individual’s names as I’m not calling them out, personally. Surely there is some sort of miscommunication but I did speak on the phone to one of them and they denied my claim.

oh9ibx4pgnhk.jpeg

6mau5l0hhxnn.jpeg

70pi36tw1f3d.jpeg

6dw2t8a1u8o2.jpeg

Was there a communication after the other person decided that they would not replace it?

The dates jumped back and forth a little bit but everything posted looked like things were moving well, up until they confirm that the putter has been received and someone is handling the return. I'd very much like to see what their reason or explanation was to completely derail what was already discussed.

@BettinardiGolf is a sponsor of the site. I hope someone can chime in here and sort this out. The ID does show it hasn't been active for about a month but we'll see.

PXG SD 58*

> @mister2cool said:

> Was there a communication after the other person decided that they would not replace it?

> The dates jumped back and forth a little bit but everything posted looked like things were moving well, up until they confirm that the putter has been received and someone is handling the return. I'd very much like to see what their reason or explanation was to completely derail what was already discussed.

>

> @BettinardiGolf is a sponsor of the site. I hope someone can chime in here and sort this out. The ID does show it hasn't been active for about a month but we'll see.

There was no written correspondence after the putter was received by them.

When I hadn’t heard from them after receiving the putter I called on the phone and asked to speak to the agent who was handling my return. The original agent answered and knew who I was without even being told (caller ID, perhaps). He informed me that there would be no warranty replacement even though he acknowledged that the finish looked exactly as pictured. We discussed that, in my opinion, the finish would continue to deteriorate. He didn’t agree or disagree and said we could discuss that at that time. Bottom line is that this agent feels this is normal and I do not. From the responses that I have received here and from putter refinishers, they also see a problem.

The dates only jumped around because the original agent and I were discussing what options were available In a flow neck (there were none). I was offered any current BB series putter as a replacement. As I discussed in this thread, I was extremely hesitant because I am a flow neck “guy” and wasn’t sure about the plumber’s neck.

I have reached out to @BettinardiGolf through this forum, email, Instagram DM and phone. At this point, I don’t know what else that I can do. Anyone have Bob or Sam’s personal contact information?

I have a Queen B #6 that I really love. Purchased it directly from Bettinardi back in March/April I think. The white sight line flaked off all by itself. I actually like it better this way, but just seems like really poor quality.

I payed full price ... about $400

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

I appreciate all of the feedback and support. At the very least, I don’t feel like I’m crazy.

I’ve reached out to Bettinardi through email for the final time. I’ve made them aware is this thread and asked for an explanation on why the have reneged on their offer to exchange the putter. I will update this thread of and when they reply. At this point, there is nothing more that I can or am willing to do.

All the best to you man. Goodluck with this. @BettinardiGolf should replace it based solely on the fact that they said they would. I actually can't believe they wouldn't replace it. A company that sells putters in the thousand dollar range and covers and trinkets very well, why leave a bad taste in multiple people's mouths? Just silly.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

***UPDATE*** I spoke with Mike Biviano from Bettinardi. If his Linked In profile is any indication, he's fairly high up in the company through The Hive (also was the Tour rep for several major OEM's). He was very pleasant and agreed that there was a miscommunication between different departments. His solution is to have the putter completely refinished. In my opinion, the is the best solution as I've stated several times that I love the putter. I'm not sure how it'll turn out but he assured me it would be sent out and "done right". I appreciate that they are taking care of me, especially in a manner that will make this putter "special". I'll keep this thread open to update the process and results. I'll be extremely happy to turn a negative into a positive.

• Like 1

I had a putter who's finish was damaged in shipping, the butt end of ungripped shafts somehow scratched the putter head. Sent them back but since they were no longer doing a batch in the original finish I got a different finish on mine.

This was almost 10 years ago. The retail finishes then were quite durable.

> @dxdgenert said:

> ***UPDATE*** I spoke with Mike Biviano from Bettinardi. If his Linked In profile is any indication, he's fairly high up in the company through The Hive (also was the Tour rep for several major OEM's). He was very pleasant and agreed that there was a miscommunication between different departments. His solution is to have the putter completely refinished. In my opinion, the is the best solution as I've stated several times that I love the putter. I'm not sure how it'll turn out but he assured me it would be sent out and "done right". I appreciate that they are taking care of me, especially in a manner that will make this putter "special". I'll keep this thread open to update the process and results. I'll be extremely happy to turn a negative into a positive.

I was very puzzled yesterday when mod closed this thread "as requested by OP" ...

Very glad to hear the update. Honestly I also thought refinishing would have been the best course of action as well since they no longer offer the exact putter you want but didn't want to sidetrack the discussion as it was about honoring warranty and changing their minds.

I wouldn't worry about how it would turn out. If you had seen all the crazy\amazing finishes they had turned out for the Hive, you know this would come out amazing.

PXG SD 58*

> @mister2cool said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > ***UPDATE*** I spoke with Mike Biviano from Bettinardi. If his Linked In profile is any indication, he's fairly high up in the company through The Hive (also was the Tour rep for several major OEM's). He was very pleasant and agreed that there was a miscommunication between different departments. His solution is to have the putter completely refinished. In my opinion, the is the best solution as I've stated several times that I love the putter. I'm not sure how it'll turn out but he assured me it would be sent out and "done right". I appreciate that they are taking care of me, especially in a manner that will make this putter "special". I'll keep this thread open to update the process and results. I'll be extremely happy to turn a negative into a positive.

>

> I was very puzzled yesterday when mod closed this thread "as requested by OP" ...

> Very glad to hear the update. Honestly I also thought refinishing would have been the best course of action as well since they no longer offer the exact putter you want but didn't want to sidetrack the discussion as it was about honoring warranty and changing their minds.

> I wouldn't worry about how it would turn out. If you had seen all the crazy\amazing finishes they had turned out for the Hive, you know this would come out amazing.

Oh, I’ve seen them and I agree it will be great. I had closed the thread because I felt the point had been made and I had the validation that I needed to proceed with Bettinardi. I genuinely didn’t want this to turn into a thread that bashed them. They make a great product and I hoped this was an isolated issue that could be resolved. I’m glad they are willing to work with me and hope they learned something about how their departments communicate. In the end I’ll be made whole and they’ll be more effective at serving their customers.

UPDATE AGAIN... THE PLOT THICKENS?

A BB1F putter is currently on its way from Bettinardi. You’ll notice I said a BB1F, not my BB1F. Honestly, I have no idea what I’m getting. For whatever reason, they were not able to refinish my putter and are replacing it. Odds are it will be another 2016 BB1F that they were able to procure. However, Mike said that this putter was “amazing” so who knows. I’ll update on Monday when it is delivered.

> @dxdgenert said:

> UPDATE AGAIN... THE PLOT THICKENS?

> A BB1F putter is currently on its way from Bettinardi. You’ll notice I said a BB1F, not my BB1F. Honestly, I have no idea what I’m getting. For whatever reason, they were not able to refinish my putter and are replacing it. Odds are it will be another 2016 BB1F that they were able to procure. However, Mike said that this putter was “amazing” so who knows. I’ll update on Monday when it is delivered.

Biviano is a good guy, I've spoken to him a couple of times. Anxious to see what they replace it with. Good luck!

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5* | Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70X

Callaway Paradym TD 18* | Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Mizuno MP32 4-PW | KBS $ Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey TVD 50R, 54M, 58M | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan GSS DH89 | Nippon N.S.Pro 140

> @dxdgenert said:

> UPDATE AGAIN... THE PLOT THICKENS?

> A BB1F putter is currently on its way from Bettinardi. You’ll notice I said a BB1F, not my BB1F. Honestly, I have no idea what I’m getting. For whatever reason, they were not able to refinish my putter and are replacing it. Odds are it will be another 2016 BB1F that they were able to procure. However, Mike said that this putter was “amazing” so who knows. I’ll update on Monday when it is delivered.

Can't wait to see what shows up!

PXG SD 58*

More than likely, the same thing I had. It was probably on someone’s desk. Hopefully, it has the original bead-blasted finish shaft. That was one of my favorite parts.

NICE!

I'll update once I get the chance but suffice it to say that I'm satisfied.

I have a brand-new 2016 BB1F. They also threw in a new headcover (nice black/neon yellow dancing B's), new black Lamkin Deep Etch cord grip and a brushed shaft (darker smoke finish?).

I have a message out to Mike but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a one-off putter. It appears to be subtly different than my original. I’ll update if I hear back from him. The putter has a much nicer rainbow finish which is more grayish/brown that allows the colors to show through more. The head also has some fine milling marks that I don’t recall on my original. It is as Mike said “amazing”.

A final nice touch was that it arrived in a very sleek black box with black packaging paper. It gave it a very cool feel. At this point, I’m very happy and glad things worked out in my favor. It looks like Mr. SeeMore is going back to the staff bag in the den!

58x3h0jwjiea.jpg

2azwhmihcamn.jpg

838qag8hu9gd.jpg

dom2itrrzdi6.jpg

rbksis4z2t17.jpg

xxot201aqhh2.jpg

Nice! Congrats. Glad it worked out.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5* | Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70X

Callaway Paradym TD 18* | Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Mizuno MP32 4-PW | KBS $ Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey TVD 50R, 54M, 58M | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan GSS DH89 | Nippon N.S.Pro 140

Oh sweet! That finish looks real nice!! So glad that it has all worked out in the end.

• Like 1

PXG SD 58*

That is awesome!! Good to hear everything was rectified. I had something similar happen about 15 tears ago with a manufacturer that I will not name and never worked out. Still have the putter and love it however, I will not purchase another. I was taught by my old booss and now a mentor of mine is that" the customer is always right!" and that customer service is the product in itself.

Glad things worked out for you OP. Personally, that would be too much for me. I had a Queen B #9 that I really liked but read the finish chipped and discolored easily. Initially thought it was due to misuse but then my finish chipped mysteriously. And I baby my putters. No thanks, straight back to Dunn it went.

> @4rheel said:

> Glad things worked out for you OP. Personally, that would be too much for me. I had a Queen B #9 that I really liked but read the finish chipped and discolored easily. Initially thought it was due to misuse but then my finish chipped mysteriously. And I baby my putters. No thanks, straight back to Dunn it went.

I’ve had the putter for a year. Not sure what else I could have done besides dealing with the manufacturer directly.

• 2 weeks later...