mackenzie golfbags?

Comments

• rwc356rwc356 Chicago, Illinois 394WRX Points: 132Handicap: 12Members Posts: 394

Welcome to the Club - what a beautiful bag. Enjoy the round at Harding Park its a great track for your first Mac walk!

Posted:
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Sunday Walker bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jt2gtjt2gt  658WRX Points: 151Members Posts: 658

On -, @simpy19 said:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an at home Mac bag stand that looks nice, is not very expensive, and is not trestle sticks? Thanks!

Have you checked out claretdreamer on instagram. Think it qualifies for only two of your criteria though.

Posted:
  • simpy19simpy19  635WRX Points: 129Members Posts: 635

On -, @jt2gt thanks. I’ve seen. Kinda forgot because they seemed like they’d be pricey.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 7.5*
    Callaway Apex 20*
    Ping i200 5-UW
    Ping Glide 2.0 58 ES
    Taylormade Spider X
    Mackenzie Ballistic Walker
  • hanbergbhanbergb Stride and glide  447WRX Points: 66Handicap: 2.4Members Posts: 447

Just got mine in the queue! Now for the WAIT, although it seems like they are pumping bags out right now since anything ordered by November 27th will be delivered by Christmas!

Posted:

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX
    Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX
    Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey F Grind 46* - 51*
    Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind
    Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

• MattStrubeMattStrube San Francisco 211WRX Points: 74Handicap: 6Members Posts: 211

Thanks. Sometimes, I'll just pull up this post and 'take it in' to see the bag's beauty and simplicity. 🤓

Posted:
  • bfizzybfizzy San Diego 270WRX Points: 118Handicap: +1Members Posts: 270

Is there enough space, if you order one pocket, to fit a sweater / pullover / rain jacket along with a few balls, tess and valuables?

Posted:
    TM SIM Max 9.0* - Ventus Black 70x
    TM M5 15* - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70tx
    Titleist 816 H2 19* - Tensei Pro White 90tx
     TM P790 UDI 17* - Tensei Pro White 100 TX
    TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
    TM P7TW 4-PW - Nippon Modus 120 TX / Miura MC 501 4-PW - KBS $-Taper X
    Taylormade MG2 51* / 55* DG TI S400
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60* Fujikura MCI Wedge Graphite 
    Putter: Tyson Lamb Allendale / Kronos Golf Prototype / Spider X 

Advertisement
  • MattStrubeMattStrube San Francisco 211WRX Points: 74Handicap: 6Members Posts: 211

One of those yes, not all three 😂 but would have to be folded nice and small

Posted:
  • JokesJokes  161WRX Points: 46Handicap: +1.4Members Posts: 161

I'm getting one of these bags moving into spring. I'm going to get an original with one pocket however am not sure about what material. Does anyone have pros and cons of each fabric or thoughts about which one is best?

Posted:
    PING G410 LST | Tensei Orange 70TX
    Ping G410 LST 15 | AD-DI 8X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron  | Dynamic Gold 120X
    Ping Blueprint 4-PW | Dynamic Gold 120X
    Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, & 60L | Dynamic Gold X100
    Scotty Cameron Concept 2 Super Rat

@Jokes i know this doesn't help too much...but fwiw, I have the ballistic nylon and love it....but think i'd prefer the look / feel of the waxed canvas. i have zero regrets on mine....but if and when i get my next one, i would consider that an upgrade. and really the only reason is i think the waxed has more character. but in the end, you can't really go wong

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 7.5*
    Callaway Apex 20*
    Ping i200 5-UW
    Ping Glide 2.0 58 ES
    Taylormade Spider X
  • eastrivereastriver Vermont 86WRX Points: 63Handicap: 14Members Posts: 86

I'll agree with @simpy19 . VERY pleased with my ballistic nylon bag.

Posted:

Has anyone tried out mackenzie headcovers? I had 2 fore ewe which were great, and thinking about 1 mac leather and 1 knit for 2020....

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 7.5*
    Callaway Apex 20*
    Ping i200 5-UW
    Ping Glide 2.0 58 ES
    Taylormade Spider X

Advertisement
  • 3putt4thewin3putt4thewin  90WRX Points: 73Members Posts: 90

I've really enjoyed my nylon mackenzie but I think if I were to order another (which is always a possibility) I would probably go with a waxed canvas bag. I know there really isn't a difference in functionality but I like the look better.

Posted:
  • PhreddyPhreddy  681WRX Points: 202Members Posts: 681

The phone rings and caller ID says it is my wife,

"Honey, you got a package delivery today. It is a long box with a golfing logo. Did you buy another club?"

"Oh yeah, that. Um...no I didn't buy a club. Just set it aside and I will get it when I am home."

Hey. I didn't lie to her while I am cavorting in southern Arizona and she is dodging snowflakes. I hope it turns out half as cool as the ones posted in this thread.

Phred

Posted:
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • IvyguyIvyguy  1607WRX Points: 259Members Posts: 1,607
    Posted:

I think I am going to like this bag a lot. I have some Seamus Red, White & Blue head covers on my gamers that I left in Arizona. I hope I don't regret the choice of a white bag and that I can keep it clean over the ensuing years.

Posted:
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

Looks great...is that Navy Trim....I had a white ballistic/navy for a bit and it held up well. Just use and enjoy.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • eastrivereastriver Vermont 86WRX Points: 63Handicap: 14Members Posts: 86

really sharp. nicely done.

Posted:

Yes. That is the navy trim. I think adding the "D" ring was a good call that I picked up here. If I had it to do over again I might ask them to move it up closer the the handle. But that is getting down to nit picking. I know this will sound silly but, I also have a Sun Mountain 2.5 and while this bag is a smidge heavier out of the box it carries lighter.

Phred

Posted:
  • tmoney47tmoney47  83WRX Points: 59Members Posts: 83

Hold that thought. New Mac owner myself, I find a rangefinder on the D-ring is completely out of the way when carrying the bag on my left shoulder. I like the ability to change shoulders throughout the round, and I thought the D-ring was a great placement, where before I assumed it was arbitrary.

Posted:

Yes, I totally agree. I've had all kinds of bags over the years and these carry great. BTW...is yours 8inch or 7inch opening. My next will be 7inch, 1 pocket in ballistic.

Posted:

JT,

Mine is the 8" top. I was a little paranoid about club tangles, and having used it at the range that need not have been a concern. 7" would have been fine. All I keep in the bag is 6-9 balls, a small bag of tees and markers, spare glove and some extra sun screen. One pocket would be enough. I got sucked in to the tradition of leather, but from a real world practical standpoint ballistic is the way to go. I thought the finger loop at the bottom of the bag was a silly feature when I bought it, and yet it makes for a very balanced and relaxed carry. I will be touching down in AZ on January 2nd and it will get a true field test. Can't wait!

Phred

Posted:

Advertisement
  • hanbergbhanbergb Stride and glide  447WRX Points: 66Handicap: 2.4Members Posts: 447

Here is mine, amazing to walk with. Quality is second to none, it's really hard to explain unless you've seen one in person or actually walked 18 holes with one.

Posted:

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX
    Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX
    Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey F Grind 46* - 51*
    Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind
    Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

• ryder2015ryder2015  62WRX Points: 51Handicap: 5Members Posts: 62

handergb nice bag. I just got mine in the same waxed canvas. I will have to post a picture. Nice driver cover as well. I have the same one👊

Posted:
  • neild76neild76  336WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 336

I've had a ballistic nylon MacKenzie for several years and really like it. One pocket model has plenty of room for balls, tees, sweater, etc. One thing I don't get is this trestle stick phenomenon . They seem like a pain to me and look goofy.

Posted:

I only use my TSs at the Range

Posted:

Advertisement

I am trying to acclimate to the trestle sticks. Granted I only have one round of 18 with my new Mac. I get Matt. At the range they are handy. On the course laying the bag down seems to be the least futsy way to go. The sticks seem to pinch in on the bag making club selection and extraction marginally harder, but stood up, pick a club and lay it down works just fine.

Phred

Posted:
  • neild76neild76  336WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 336

The trestle sticks seem to defeat the purpose of simplicity.

Posted:
  • slide13slide13  1342WRX Points: 136Members Posts: 1,342

Love my trestle sticks! Seriously, worth trying if you haven’t. I got them thinking I’d just use them on wet mornings but found I liked using them so much that I probably have them out 85% of the time. You get the comfort of carrying a soft bag like this with the convenience of a stand bag when you get to you’re ball. I just carry the trestle sticks like a little walking stick when moving. Sometimes I still enjoy the simplicity of just putting the bag on the ground, but a lot of my rounds are early morning when it’s wet and they’re great for keeping the bag dry.

Posted:
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Advertisement
  • ckayckay  4306WRX Points: 467Members Posts: 4,306

Yeah I don’t get it. Might as well just use one of the many stand bags with built in legs.

Posted:
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.