124»

Answers

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25399WRX Points: 2,556Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,399 ClubWRX

Are the original "likes" being moved over?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20333WRX Points: 902Posts: 20,333 Titanium Tees

This whole time the thing I can't get past is that a person with 10,000+ likes loses all of those, but the petty little "stars of shame" under the avatar remain the entire time. All the important things, I guess...

Posted:

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals

This is the developer response.

———————————————
    Our IPB porter package does not support the migration of Likes. Migrating data into this addon usually requires custom work during the process.

I strongly advice against the migration of likes after the final migration since reactions can affect multiple aspects of the community.

I see that some badges are awarded to users based on the number of likes they have which would cause discrepancies.
    In Vanilla, receiving a like is worth one point. If we are to add the missing likes, user points would not match anymore.
    Points can affect user ranks.
    My recommendation, if they want to go forward with this, would be to migrate the "legacy points" in the user attributes. These attributes can be displayed on user profiles via the theme. This would be pretty similar to this issue we already covered with GolfWRX.

vanillaforums/golfwrx#39 (comment)
    I estimate the migration of legacy likes into user attributes to take somewhere between one (1) or two (2) hours.

I did not restore their database, but this is assuming that their likes are properly formatted and can be migrated into the user attributes.

The migration of likes into our Reaction addon would require more time and possibly downtime._
    ———————————————

Please provide more information on use of likes.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals

Seems like there is not enough response to pursue likes so we will table this.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • mukstermukster A lot can happen in a year. North of the 49thMembers  3722WRX Points: 476Posts: 3,722 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Response from who?

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic 3 Wood , Fubuki Z65 shaft
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood,  Tensei CK Blue shaft
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons
    , KBS Tour V shafts
    Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6545WRX Points: 659Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,545 Titanium Tees

we just want our likes back - pretty simple. if you can't do it then tell us. the badges/stars whatever - I could care less.

what really needs to be talked about is feedback. all we've heard is "static feedback" will be coming soon for months now. just tell us it's never coming back because that's what it seems like.

this date format is messing with my OCD.
    11/10/2008
    Nov 10, 2008
    Nov 2008
    11-10-2008

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

Advertisement
  • boggymanboggyman Members  2948WRX Points: 352Posts: 2,948 Titanium Tees

I like to be able to see this on mobile as well, who’s liked my posts!!

Posted:

Feedback is being addressed in another thread and is on the list to roll out as everything else.

Per the notes, the only thing that can be brought over simply is a number with no correlation to anything. It would be a number in a profile page and won’t be very visible as it will be separate from the current like system. It will be a vanity number and if there is little interest then we won’t pursue.

Posted:
    BST AD Help
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2449WRX Points: 1,429Handicap: +0.9Posts: 2,449 ClubWRX

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Feedback is being addressed in another thread and is on the list to roll out as everything else.

Per the notes, the only thing that can be brought over simply is a number with no correlation to anything. It would be a number in a profile page and won’t be very visible as it will be separate from the current like system. It will be a vanity number and if there is little interest then we won’t pursue.

I think you are overly minimizing the value of "likes". While I agree that "likes" have a vanity aspect to them, they also provide an indication of a poster's quality in their posts. A member's "likes" and total posts should really be displayed as a quality metric with every post they make. Just my opinion of course.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Jim Kronus JK-1 Custom Grind 54/06 w/DG S200
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Snell MTB-X in yellow
  • mukstermukster A lot can happen in a year. North of the 49thMembers  3722WRX Points: 476Posts: 3,722 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Per the notes, the only thing that can be brought over simply is a number with no correlation to anything.

So this is why there is not enough response to pursue likes. "Do you guys want us to restore a broken, useless item?"

It's been a busy and stressful week. I'm supposed to come here to relax, but I'm getting all cranky. I need to rethink my attitude, will go face purgatory away from here for a bit.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic 3 Wood , Fubuki Z65 shaft
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood,  Tensei CK Blue shaft
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons
    , KBS Tour V shafts
    Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4462WRX Points: 1,505Posts: 4,462 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Seriously 8+ months into a failed migration to this supposed new, improved and more robust stable software with more features what has improved? Nothing from a user standpoint. The reason there is little response to this or any other subject is that this software shows zero improvement from a user experience and people here are tired of it. People here are tired of answering the call for answering what is needed when asked by management and then finding out nothing is going to change. What's important to long time members here that have helped build this forum are continually ignored or explained away by Vanilla support double talk. Interesting how some freeware forum software functions better and offers more options than this move to Vanilla in which you have to jump through hoops for simple functional changes.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4462WRX Points: 1,505Posts: 4,462 Titanium Tees

On -, @Yanki01 said:

we just want our likes back - pretty simple. if you can't do it then tell us. the badges/stars whatever - I could care less.

what really needs to be talked about is feedback. all we've heard is "static feedback" will be coming soon for months now. just tell us it's never coming back because that's what it seems like.

this date format is messing with my OCD.
    11/10/2008
    Nov 10, 2008
    Nov 2008
    11-10-2008

Save your breath. None of it is ever coming back.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.