2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Any Long Term Srixon 785 Irons Reviews??

tigerfan23

> @JoeFrigo said:

> > @jvincent said:

> > > @JoeFrigo said:

> > > Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

> > >

> >

> > I did exactly this to mine. I only played a few rounds with them but the gapping was definitely better. I'm going to be confirming the gapping on the LM during the off season.

> >

> >

> ok good to know, seems so weird why they would have those lofts. I gotta get mine measured first but think like you mentioned just going in gaps of 4 is always a safe route

>

>

The standard lofts are just there to fight the distance battle I assume.

I'm not long by any standard but the strong lofts in the middle made a big gap for me at the low end. All fixed now.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

> @balls_deep said:

> > @RH82 said:

> > I don't get the whole draw bias thing with these irons as I've owned these for a season and have not noticed this whatsoever.

>

> It was shaft for me. Fine with X100. Was not fine with LZ.

>

> > @JoeFrigo said:

> > I was eyeing a set of 785's with 125 f5 recoil prototype's on eBay for a month. Finally pulled the trigger and they came in yesterday. I played z965's 2 years ago, so im not surprised how amazing the 785s

> >

> > Ive noticed how odd the lofts are on these irons on Srixon's website and have followed this thread for months. rented a simulator for an hour yesterday and got numbers id expect from the weird lofts of these. Those that have played for a long time, what have you done for lofts? Its definitely concerning to have that big of a jump with the scoring irons. I know its more about gapping than loft consistency, but 5* between 8i - 9i, and 9i - Pw is crazy. Right now im leaning towards weakening both the 9 and 8 but the gap between 7 and 8 could increase to 15 yards. 15 yard gap is manageable but not ideal for me. Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

> >

> > So wrapping it all up, has anyone else found loft/distance inconsistency with the stock lofts?.... and yes im going to get the lofts checked first before I start bending anything

> >

> > PW carry 132

> >

> > 9i carry 150

> >

> > 8i carry 167

> >

> > 7i carry 176

>

> I'm going to keep the PW the same and weaken the rest by two degrees.

Thats a good idea too! Im long enough that im not concerned about distance... At my home course most of my approaches are under 165 so I need to get those locked in

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

Been having some flier problems with these in the latter half of this season. Today from the fairway, no moisture or wind, I was 150 out. 150 is normally PW for me, so being 45 degrees I figure it will end up below the hole a bit since it's chilly..should give me a nice birdie look -- ended up flying bout 180 in the air. Another recent example was a 5 iron going about 225 in the air when normally 200-205. Pretty sure I'll be switching to blades at least in 7-PW for next season. Simply unacceptable from the fairway.

• Like 1

> @Buckets2 said:

> Been having some flier problems with these in the latter half of this season. Today from the fairway, no moisture or wind, I was 150 out. 150 is normally PW for me, so being 45 degrees I figure it will end up below the hole a bit since it's chilly..should give me a nice birdie look -- ended up flying bout 180 in the air. Another recent example was a 5 iron going about 225 in the air when normally 200-205. Pretty sure I'll be switching to blades at least in 7-PW for next season. Simply unacceptable from the fairway.

Was it wet out there? I had that happen with the 765 it was annoying AF sold them immediately. 3 rounds in wet conditions and haven't had it happen with these. What shafts are you using?

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Buckets2 said:

> > Been having some flier problems with these in the latter half of this season. Today from the fairway, no moisture or wind, I was 150 out. 150 is normally PW for me, so being 45 degrees I figure it will end up below the hole a bit since it's chilly..should give me a nice birdie look -- ended up flying bout 180 in the air. Another recent example was a 5 iron going about 225 in the air when normally 200-205. Pretty sure I'll be switching to blades at least in 7-PW for next season. Simply unacceptable from the fairway.

>

> Was it wet out there? I had that happen with the 765 it was annoying AF sold them immediately. 3 rounds in wet conditions and haven't had it happen with these. What shafts are you using?

nope not wet, using ctaper 130x. The PW flier today was so bad I had to do a double take and make sure I grabbed the P instead of the 6.

> @Buckets2 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Buckets2 said:

> > > Been having some flier problems with these in the latter half of this season. Today from the fairway, no moisture or wind, I was 150 out. 150 is normally PW for me, so being 45 degrees I figure it will end up below the hole a bit since it's chilly..should give me a nice birdie look -- ended up flying bout 180 in the air. Another recent example was a 5 iron going about 225 in the air when normally 200-205. Pretty sure I'll be switching to blades at least in 7-PW for next season. Simply unacceptable from the fairway.

> >

> > Was it wet out there? I had that happen with the 765 it was annoying AF sold them immediately. 3 rounds in wet conditions and haven't had it happen with these. What shafts are you using?

>

> nope not wet, using ctaper 130x

Well in fairness that's just about the lowest spin shaft you can buy so pretty easy to get some nukers with it depending on delivery. Flat out they spin less than other clubs. I've had success playing them but it is a consideration. I hit such a high ball that spin kills me so these have been nice in that regard. Will probably go back to MP20 MB with different shafts next season (didn't like $Taper 130x)

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Buckets2 said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @Buckets2 said:

> > > > Been having some flier problems with these in the latter half of this season. Today from the fairway, no moisture or wind, I was 150 out. 150 is normally PW for me, so being 45 degrees I figure it will end up below the hole a bit since it's chilly..should give me a nice birdie look -- ended up flying bout 180 in the air. Another recent example was a 5 iron going about 225 in the air when normally 200-205. Pretty sure I'll be switching to blades at least in 7-PW for next season. Simply unacceptable from the fairway.

> > >

> > > Was it wet out there? I had that happen with the 765 it was annoying AF sold them immediately. 3 rounds in wet conditions and haven't had it happen with these. What shafts are you using?

> >

> > nope not wet, using ctaper 130x

>

> Well in fairness that's just about the lowest spin shaft you can buy so pretty easy to get some nukers with it depending on delivery. Flat out they spin less than other clubs. I've had success playing them but it is a consideration. I hit such a high ball that spin kills me so these have been nice in that regard. Will probably go back to MP20 MB with different shafts next season (didn't like $Taper 130x)

I hit with high spin so they're good for me, I'm usually over 7k with a 7 iron for instance. I too will probably go to MP20 Mb....might try X100 or $Taper though

> @Buckets2 said:

> Been having some flier problems with these in the latter half of this season. Today from the fairway, no moisture or wind, I was 150 out. 150 is normally PW for me, so being 45 degrees I figure it will end up below the hole a bit since it's chilly..should give me a nice birdie look -- ended up flying bout 180 in the air. Another recent example was a 5 iron going about 225 in the air when normally 200-205. Pretty sure I'll be switching to blades at least in 7-PW for next season. Simply unacceptable from the fairway.

ive never hit a PW 180 yards in the air in my life when it was supposed to go 150

2024 Bag TBD

Definitely wasn't thin, hit it as well and solid as I could. I would love to have an easy answer but I'm just at a loss for what happened, and it isn't the first time. Playing partners couldn't believe it either. Didn't swing faster, didn't do anything special etc. Was already thinking about selling them before today, just seem a to go a little left for me and want to try something with less offset.

> @Buckets2 said:

> Definitely wasn't thin, hit it as well and solid as I could. I would love to have an easy answer but I'm just at a loss for what happened, and it isn't the first time. Playing partners couldn't believe it either. Didn't swing faster, didn't do anything special etc. Was already thinking about selling them before today, just seem a to go a little left for me and want to try something with less offset.

What possibly could be wrong with an iron to give you an extra 30 yards on a shot, assuming you did in fact strike it as solid as you could? Whatever it is, I think someone should look at that and patent it and market it after spreading whatever it is all over the face. Unobtanium? Bits of the Tesseract?

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

> @Buckets2 said:

> Definitely wasn't thin, hit it as well and solid as I could. I would love to have an easy answer but I'm just at a loss for what happened, and it isn't the first time. Playing partners couldn't believe it either. Didn't swing faster, didn't do anything special etc. Was already thinking about selling them before today, just seem a to go a little left for me and want to try something with less offset.

Did you look at the bottom of the club after you hit it?

> @mukster said:

> > @Buckets2 said:

> > Definitely wasn't thin, hit it as well and solid as I could. I would love to have an easy answer but I'm just at a loss for what happened, and it isn't the first time. Playing partners couldn't believe it either. Didn't swing faster, didn't do anything special etc. Was already thinking about selling them before today, just seem a to go a little left for me and want to try something with less offset.

>

> What possibly could be wrong with an iron to give you an extra 30 yards on a shot, assuming you did in fact strike it as solid as you could? Whatever it is, I think someone should look at that and patent it and market it after spreading whatever it is all over the face. Unobtanium? Bits of the Tesseract?

A low launch, low spin pull could conceivably go that much further. The pull delofts the club and the low spin turns it into a bullet.

> @jvincent said:

> > @mukster said:

> > > @Buckets2 said:

> > > Definitely wasn't thin, hit it as well and solid as I could. I would love to have an easy answer but I'm just at a loss for what happened, and it isn't the first time. Playing partners couldn't believe it either. Didn't swing faster, didn't do anything special etc. Was already thinking about selling them before today, just seem a to go a little left for me and want to try something with less offset.

> >

> > What possibly could be wrong with an iron to give you an extra 30 yards on a shot, assuming you did in fact strike it as solid as you could? Whatever it is, I think someone should look at that and patent it and market it after spreading whatever it is all over the face. Unobtanium? Bits of the Tesseract?

>

> A low launch, low spin pull could conceivably go that much further. The pull delofts the club and the low spin turns it into a bullet.

Which is a swing issue. I'm not buying the club/shaft combo being to blame for a 30yrd flyer with a PW. Even if you got a super low spin one, with a PW that may fly 10-12yrds long, not 30

• Like 3

> @JoeFrigo said:

> I was eyeing a set of 785's with 125 f5 recoil prototype's on eBay for a month. Finally pulled the trigger and they came in yesterday. I played z965's 2 years ago, so im not surprised how amazing the 785s

>

> Ive noticed how odd the lofts are on these irons on Srixon's website and have followed this thread for months. rented a simulator for an hour yesterday and got numbers id expect from the weird lofts of these. Those that have played for a long time, what have you done for lofts? Its definitely concerning to have that big of a jump with the scoring irons. I know its more about gapping than loft consistency, but 5* between 8i - 9i, and 9i - Pw is crazy. Right now im leaning towards weakening both the 9 and 8 but the gap between 7 and 8 could increase to 15 yards. 15 yard gap is manageable but not ideal for me. Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

>

> So wrapping it all up, has anyone else found loft/distance inconsistency with the stock lofts?.... and yes im going to get the lofts checked first before I start bending anything

>

> PW carry 132

>

> 9i carry 150

>

> 8i carry 167

>

> 7i carry 176

I have 765 and have essentially the same numbers; 7i=175, 8i=165, 9=150, PW=135.

I just adjust between those yardages my gripping down and swinging a little easier, I've gotten used to it - easier to hit accurate partial swings with short irons then the long ones.

I also only play 2 wedges below the PW - 52* and 58*, so that also forces me to hit many partial shots.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @jvincent said:

> > > @mukster said:

> > > > @Buckets2 said:

> > > > Definitely wasn't thin, hit it as well and solid as I could. I would love to have an easy answer but I'm just at a loss for what happened, and it isn't the first time. Playing partners couldn't believe it either. Didn't swing faster, didn't do anything special etc. Was already thinking about selling them before today, just seem a to go a little left for me and want to try something with less offset.

> > >

> > > What possibly could be wrong with an iron to give you an extra 30 yards on a shot, assuming you did in fact strike it as solid as you could? Whatever it is, I think someone should look at that and patent it and market it after spreading whatever it is all over the face. Unobtanium? Bits of the Tesseract?

> >

> > A low launch, low spin pull could conceivably go that much further. The pull delofts the club and the low spin turns it into a bullet.

>

> Which is a swing issue. I'm not buying the club/shaft combo being to blame for a 30yrd flyer with a PW. Even if you got a super low spin one, with a PW that may fly 10-12yrds long, not 30

Wasn't a pull, was what I thought was a perfectly executed shot...5 yard baby push draw. Only thing I can think of besides a hot face flier (which does happen with cavity backs) is that there was wind well above me that I didn't know about. Maybe the grooves weren't clean or there was something on the face? Not sure. Like I said I'm perfectly happy accepting a logical reason, just haven't found an obvious one - with either this shot or the previously referenced 5 iron shot. No flier issues today, same conditions etc

I agree about a low spin shot not going 30 past, maybe 10. Just doesn't make sense.

I still love these irons, definitely the best feeling I've played, or at least right up there with MP32.

Logically there isnt anything about the club that would result in an extra 30 yards of carry. 30yards of carry with an iron requires 15mph+ of extra ball speed with much lower spin, I'd just chalk it up as an anomaly (wind, dirty face, maybe took a bigger bounce in the rough/back of the green than you though, all of the above)

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> Logically there isnt anything about the club that would result in an extra 30 yards of carry. 30yards of carry with an iron requires 15mph+ of extra ball speed with much lower spin, I'd just chalk it up as an anomaly

Yeah certainly an anomaly....only a few of these occurrences in the probably 80+ times I've played this year. Overall still a fantastic iron and I've played the best golf of my career with them.

I've noticed a big increase in distance with these compared to my mp18 MB. I think it's mostly just from the strong lofts. I played 18 on a sim last week and seemingly get very consistent numbers, however, they are much further than the old blades. Everything looks great otherwise - launch angle, spin rate, consistency, feel, etc. Still unsure if I will bend the lofts or just adjust. I don't want to touch anything until the spring and I'm able to get real feedback after several rounds. Just going to sell the old set and commit to them for the season. See how it goes.

> @Goldhawk said:

> > @JoeFrigo said:

> > I was eyeing a set of 785's with 125 f5 recoil prototype's on eBay for a month. Finally pulled the trigger and they came in yesterday. I played z965's 2 years ago, so im not surprised how amazing the 785s

> >

> > Ive noticed how odd the lofts are on these irons on Srixon's website and have followed this thread for months. rented a simulator for an hour yesterday and got numbers id expect from the weird lofts of these. Those that have played for a long time, what have you done for lofts? Its definitely concerning to have that big of a jump with the scoring irons. I know its more about gapping than loft consistency, but 5* between 8i - 9i, and 9i - Pw is crazy. Right now im leaning towards weakening both the 9 and 8 but the gap between 7 and 8 could increase to 15 yards. 15 yard gap is manageable but not ideal for me. Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

> >

> > So wrapping it all up, has anyone else found loft/distance inconsistency with the stock lofts?.... and yes im going to get the lofts checked first before I start bending anything

> >

> > PW carry 132

> >

> > 9i carry 150

> >

> > 8i carry 167

> >

> > 7i carry 176

>

> I have 765 and have essentially the same numbers; 7i=175, 8i=165, 9=150, PW=135.

> I just adjust between those yardages my gripping down and swinging a little easier, I've gotten used to it - easier to hit accurate partial swings with short irons then the long ones.

> I also only play 2 wedges below the PW - 52* and 58*, so that also forces me to hit many partial shots.

yea I agree. 15 yard gaps are manageable for sure, I would rather have it around 10 - 12.... kinda like you also I played 52 and 58 wedges all year and loved it (recently moved back to 50, 54, 58). That wedge setup definitely helped me with partial swings and learning to control distance. I used the 52 for anything between 40 - 120 yards and became much more consistent focusing on one club. It would probably help with the feel of the 8i - Pw also learning the partial swings or gripping down

TaylorMade TP5x

so ive had mine in the simulator 3 times now and have mixed reviews. Here in Chicago its snowed and been below 0 so im not rushing to judgements b/c I have not hit them outside yet....

I dont have any issue launching the ball or creating spin, but for whatever reason the 4 iron I hit screaming low bullets. way lower than my driving iron even. I noticed the 4 iron launch and ball speed the first 2 sessions and after yesterday I made note of the numbers

4 iron = 149mph, 9.2 launch, 3100 spin. I know it won't roll out as much outdoors as it says in the simulator but im carrying this thing 230 yards and rolling out to 255. I typically carry a 4i around 225 - 230 but thats with much higher launch and slightly more spin. Lofts were recently redone last week and the 4i is at 22*

With my New Level 623's the 4 iron was 139 ball speed, 14.2 launch, 3500 spin. Carried 224, total 237. This is what I expect from a 4 iron for me over the years but I dont know whats going on with the Srixon

I was originally fit in to 785's back in February but only recently bought these 2 weeks ago. It's indoors so I dont wanna rush to judgement, but im not too happy so far. Maybe going up on Classifieds pretty soon lol

TaylorMade TP5x

> @JoeFrigo said:

>

> With my New Level 623's the 4 iron was 139 ball speed, 14.2 launch, 3500 spin. Carried 224, total 237. This is what I expect from a 4 iron for me over the years but I dont know whats going on with the Srixon

>

Where are you hitting it on the face?

> @jvincent said:

> > @JoeFrigo said:

> >

> > With my New Level 623's the 4 iron was 139 ball speed, 14.2 launch, 3500 spin. Carried 224, total 237. This is what I expect from a 4 iron for me over the years but I dont know whats going on with the Srixon

> >

>

> Where are you hitting it on the face?

honestly both clubs feel like they're center contact, maybe just barely low on the face if anything. My utility iron at 18* is my 250 - 260 club so im shocked to see what the Srixon is doing and why it launches so low. The ball speed on the utility and Srixon 4 iron are the same

TaylorMade TP5x

> @JoeFrigo said:

> > @Goldhawk said:

> > > @JoeFrigo said:

> > > I was eyeing a set of 785's with 125 f5 recoil prototype's on eBay for a month. Finally pulled the trigger and they came in yesterday. I played z965's 2 years ago, so im not surprised how amazing the 785s

> > >

> > > Ive noticed how odd the lofts are on these irons on Srixon's website and have followed this thread for months. rented a simulator for an hour yesterday and got numbers id expect from the weird lofts of these. Those that have played for a long time, what have you done for lofts? Its definitely concerning to have that big of a jump with the scoring irons. I know its more about gapping than loft consistency, but 5* between 8i - 9i, and 9i - Pw is crazy. Right now im leaning towards weakening both the 9 and 8 but the gap between 7 and 8 could increase to 15 yards. 15 yard gap is manageable but not ideal for me. Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

> > >

> > > So wrapping it all up, has anyone else found loft/distance inconsistency with the stock lofts?.... and yes im going to get the lofts checked first before I start bending anything

> > >

> > > PW carry 132

> > >

> > > 9i carry 150

> > >

> > > 8i carry 167

> > >

> > > 7i carry 176

> >

> > I have 765 and have essentially the same numbers; 7i=175, 8i=165, 9=150, PW=135.

> > I just adjust between those yardages my gripping down and swinging a little easier, I've gotten used to it - easier to hit accurate partial swings with short irons then the long ones.

> > I also only play 2 wedges below the PW - 52* and 58*, so that also forces me to hit many partial shots.

>

> yea I agree. 15 yard gaps are manageable for sure, I would rather have it around 10 - 12.... kinda like you also I played 52 and 58 wedges all year and loved it (recently moved back to 50, 54, 58). That wedge setup definitely helped me with partial swings and learning to control distance. I used the 52 for anything between 40 - 120 yards and became much more consistent focusing on one club. It would probably help with the feel of the 8i - Pw also learning the partial swings or gripping down

>

I was also considering a wedge change this year - I used to carry 2 utility irons (2 and 3), but just got 1 hybrid to try and split the difference and got a 585 4 iron to stretch that out a little more. Also increased loft on my 3 wood to make it effectively a 4 wood.

What I'd like to do is bend my 9i and PW 1* stronger so there is more of a gap to a 50*m then go 54, 58 as you mentioned. As of now my hard 52 and 3/4 PW go about the same yardage.

You may want to look into a 585 head for your 4i if your problems persist - helps launch and ball speed a fair bit, not too chunky. Shane Lowry plays 585 in 4 and 5 irons. You may want to bend it 1* weak though.

> @Goldhawk said:

> > @JoeFrigo said:

> > > @Goldhawk said:

> > > > @JoeFrigo said:

> > > > I was eyeing a set of 785's with 125 f5 recoil prototype's on eBay for a month. Finally pulled the trigger and they came in yesterday. I played z965's 2 years ago, so im not surprised how amazing the 785s

> > > >

> > > > Ive noticed how odd the lofts are on these irons on Srixon's website and have followed this thread for months. rented a simulator for an hour yesterday and got numbers id expect from the weird lofts of these. Those that have played for a long time, what have you done for lofts? Its definitely concerning to have that big of a jump with the scoring irons. I know its more about gapping than loft consistency, but 5* between 8i - 9i, and 9i - Pw is crazy. Right now im leaning towards weakening both the 9 and 8 but the gap between 7 and 8 could increase to 15 yards. 15 yard gap is manageable but not ideal for me. Im also debating starting at 22* for the 4 iron and going in lofts of 4* from there

> > > >

> > > > So wrapping it all up, has anyone else found loft/distance inconsistency with the stock lofts?.... and yes im going to get the lofts checked first before I start bending anything

> > > >

> > > > PW carry 132

> > > >

> > > > 9i carry 150

> > > >

> > > > 8i carry 167

> > > >

> > > > 7i carry 176

> > >

> > > I have 765 and have essentially the same numbers; 7i=175, 8i=165, 9=150, PW=135.

> > > I just adjust between those yardages my gripping down and swinging a little easier, I've gotten used to it - easier to hit accurate partial swings with short irons then the long ones.

> > > I also only play 2 wedges below the PW - 52* and 58*, so that also forces me to hit many partial shots.

> >

> > yea I agree. 15 yard gaps are manageable for sure, I would rather have it around 10 - 12.... kinda like you also I played 52 and 58 wedges all year and loved it (recently moved back to 50, 54, 58). That wedge setup definitely helped me with partial swings and learning to control distance. I used the 52 for anything between 40 - 120 yards and became much more consistent focusing on one club. It would probably help with the feel of the 8i - Pw also learning the partial swings or gripping down

> >

>

> I was also considering a wedge change this year - I used to carry 2 utility irons (2 and 3), but just got 1 hybrid to try and split the difference and got a 585 4 iron to stretch that out a little more. Also increased loft on my 3 wood to make it effectively a 4 wood.

> What I'd like to do is bend my 9i and PW 1* stronger so there is more of a gap to a 50*m then go 54, 58 as you mentioned. As of now my hard 52 and 3/4 PW go about the same yardage.

>

> You may want to look into a 585 head for your 4i if your problems persist - helps launch and ball speed a fair bit, not too chunky. Shane Lowry plays 585 in 4 and 5 irons. You may want to bend it 1* weak though.

luckily its winter here and I can play around in the simulator to figure out this 4i issue. The rest of the irons are great. Its not that I cant hit a 4i but that launch is crazy. I might weaken it 2* or I have another New Level utility 22* I could play instead.

with the wedges ive focused on the 50* as a full swing club probably 90% of the time and use the 54* for everything else. 58* has been for sand and anything I need to stop quick on a tight pin

TaylorMade TP5x

> @JoeFrigo said:

> > @jvincent said:

> > > @JoeFrigo said:

> > >

> > > With my New Level 623's the 4 iron was 139 ball speed, 14.2 launch, 3500 spin. Carried 224, total 237. This is what I expect from a 4 iron for me over the years but I dont know whats going on with the Srixon

> > >

> >

> > Where are you hitting it on the face?

>

> honestly both clubs feel like they're center contact, maybe just barely low on the face if anything. My utility iron at 18* is my 250 - 260 club so im shocked to see what the Srixon is doing and why it launches so low. The ball speed on the utility and Srixon 4 iron are the same

Probably worth confirming the contact location with foot spray.

• 4 weeks later...

That's the spirit! Merry Christmas to you!