Comparison of Current Blades

CardsChamps11

I recently went and got fit for some irons. I hit a bunch of different blades with the same shaft so it allowed me to really compare heads. Below are my findings. Keep in mind, other than the data points, everything else is my personal preference which may be completely different from yours. Feel and look are obviously really subjective. I currently play to a +1 handicap and these were all 6 iron shots.

All stats are averages

PXG 0311t (Gamer)

Loft: 28*

Ball Speed: 134.3

Carry: 201.6

Dispersion (STD Dev): 5.4

Spin: 4933

Height: 115

Decent: 48.7

Feel: I actually like the feel of the PXG irons. It has a bit of a firmer feel but it definitely feels like it comes off hot. Which may be why I struggle with consistent distances.

Looks: These look like a standard CB irons but with a blade like finish. I like the screws on the back. Make it look mean and tough :smiley:

PXG 0311t Gen 2

Loft: 28

Ball Speed: 138.5

Carry: 207.9

Dispersion: 4.6

Spin: 5013

Height: 119

Decent: 49.3

Feel: Kaboom Baby! These feel like rocket launchers. Everything feels insanely hot and obviously shows in the distance. Similar overall feel to Gen 1, maybe a touch softer.

Looks: They look the same to me as the Gen 1.

Honma Rose Proto

Loft: 30

Ball Speed: 136.2

Carry: 198.5

Dispersion: 3.7

Spin: 5634

Height: 128

Decent: 52.4

Feel: Love the feel of these. They are responsive and I feel like I can do anything with them. I wouldn't say "butter" soft but I honestly want my irons to be a touch responsive

Looks: I think these look pretty cool. They are obviously not a traditional look but still very good looking.

Titleist 620 MB

Loft: 31

Ball Speed: 134.4

Carry: 193.5

Dispersion: 7.0

Spin: 5953

Height: 129

Decent: 52.4

Feel: Overall not my favorite. They were less forgiving than most of the other irons and just could never get that feel I like. Feel good when struck perfectly but even a slight miss is pretty penalizing. They're blades so it's to be expected.

Looks: Such a classic look. Maybe my favorite of all the irons. So clean and basic. They didn't overdo it with nonsense.

Taylormade P7TW

Ball Speed: 134.5

Carry: 197.3

Dispersion: 6.3

Spin: 5431

Decent: 52.0

Feel: Best feeling iron of the bunch. Gives you that pure feeling when you strike it. I felt like I knew exactly what the ball was doing when I hit it. Taylormade knocked this one out of the park. However, not very forgiving. Much like the Titleist, you have to be so precise.

Looks: Also has a really classic look. Feels like there's no offset which I like.

Ping Blueprint

Loft: 30.5

Ball Speed: 133.8

Carry: 193

Dispersion: 4.9

Spin: 5803

Height: 132

Decent: 53

Feel: Shockingly these felt great. Didn't know what to expect from a Ping blade but they were really good. I felt that I could work the ball both ways pretty easily.

Looks: I think they are pretty good looking. Not your traditional look but definitely a traditional "Ping" look. Nice and thin top line too.

Taylormade P730

Ball Speed: 129.1

Carry: 184.2

Dispersion: 5.0

Spin: 5930

Decent: 52.3

Feel: Hit these terribly. Numbers are screwed because I went on a hunt for the sweet spot and never really found it. Maybe I was getting tired or they're just not very forgiving but I didn't agree with these.

Looks: Longer heel to toe. Not my preference and obviously couldn't get comfortable with it.

Mizuno MP20 MB

Ball Speed: 136.2

Carry: 195.5

Dispersion: 5.3

Spin: 6107

Height: 124

Decent: 51.4

Feel: Numbers were all pretty good but these didn't wow me. I was most excited to hit these because of how amazing the feel was supposed to be but they just were not my cup of tea. Past Mizunos are definitely "softer" feeling to me.

Looks: Pure as it gets. So classy and understated. Nice thin top line. Definitely inspires confidence.

Miura MC 501

Ball Speed: 135.6

Carry: 201.9

Dispersion: 3.4

Spin: 5112

Height: 123

Decent: 50.3

Feel: These are Miuras... Do I need to say more? They felt great. Loved how pure it felt striking them. More forgiving than I thought.

Looks: At first I thought they were a bit box-ish looking but then I realized it looks like there's a bunch of offset. Not sure if that's the case but I did not like the way they looked. I prefer my blades to have as little of offset as possible.

Apex MB

Ball Speed: 136.7

Carry: 205.3

Dispersion: 9.3

Spin: 4961

Height: 123

Decent: 50

Feel: These shocked me. They felt awesome. One of my favorites. Just a nice soft and smooth feeling. When you hit them, you feel like you're pounding them.

Looks: Classic look. Not a major Callaway fan overall but I loved what they did here. Super nice.

**My Takeaways:**

Favorite Iron: Honma (Surprise!)

Best Looking: Titleist 620

Best Feel: P7TW

Most Forgiving: PXG 0311t

Least Forgiving: Titleist 620 or P7TW

Ranking of all Irons:

Honma

P7TW

Apex MB

Blueprint

MP20 MB

0311t

MC 501

620 MB

P730

• Like 1

Well done! I've been gaming the Mp20's but ive been very intrigued by the Honma's, ill have to give them a whirl

Srixon ZX5LS MkII 9.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X (Testing TR Black 7-X)

Taylormade  Stealth 3HL 16.5 Tour AD DI 9x

Taylormade Stealth 7/21  Project X Tour Issue 10A2 7.0 or Srixon ZX Utility 2/18 Nippon Modus GOST 115TX

Srixon ZX7 MK II 4-9 Nippon Modus 130X

Cleveland RTX 6 48/8 52/8 RTX FullFace2 56/10 60/8

Taylormade Spider X (Navy) 38" Superstroke 3.0 17"

Srixon Z-Star Diamond

Nice write up, thanks. I have only hit the MP20's and I agree they aren't as soft as the older offerings. I feel like though somehow, they are a lot more forgiving than those old offerings. The Blue Prints have me intrigued because of the hydropearl finish and I'm already a pretty big fan of the Glides.

nice observations. I have the 730s and agree that they are a terribly finicky club. I would say these are for only the best players, the ones who can figure out the perfect place on the face to maximize distance and trajectory, and then consistently deliver contact to that precise spot (def. not me but I play them anyway). I have stretches where I can and then can't find the sweet spot. Even when I find it, the 7 iron only goes about 165 for me, as opposed to 172 with my mp18 mb and 175-80 with my 919 tours. When I miss the sweet spot even a little, it goes down to 150, and a miss hit off the toe or heel is 125 if I'm lucky. But for some reason, I love them and can't get rid of them. I think I'm still trying to hit the 7 iron 200 yards just one time, you know, like Rory. I'm guessing it isn't going to ever happen.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> Nice write up, thanks. I have only hit the MP20's and I agree they aren't as soft as the older offerings. I feel like though somehow, they are a lot more forgiving than those old offerings. The Blue Prints have me intrigued because of the hydropearl finish and I'm already a pretty big fan of the Glides.

When you reference older offerings, what do you mean?

> @Buckets2 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Nice write up, thanks. I have only hit the MP20's and I agree they aren't as soft as the older offerings. I feel like though somehow, they are a lot more forgiving than those old offerings. The Blue Prints have me intrigued because of the hydropearl finish and I'm already a pretty big fan of the Glides.

>

> When you reference older offerings, what do you mean?

Irons like MP53/54. I know those are not MB's but they are fairly compact and in the same ball park. May not be considered old per se, but when Mizuno added boron into things... I wasn't really too thrilled with how that felt. In terms for forgiveness...again, the 54's were years ago for me but I don't feel like missing the sweet spot on the 20's result in some catastrophic outcome relative to how the 54's performed, or even my last gamers, P770s.

Nice writeup!

The Miuras were the only thing on my radar till I hit the Mizuno MMCs. Can't believe someone didn't like them. ;)

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

> @Buckets2 said:

> Bummer Srixon ZForged wasn't in the test. Would also be interested to hear if others who have hit MP20 feel the same about the 'feel'.

Definitely not the typical feel response from most players, quite the opposite (again not bashing him, feel is very personal). In my case, I haven't hit a better feeling club than the MP-20s. Agree with him the Titleist feel harsh on most strikes compared to most irons.

> @CardsChamps11 said:

> I recently went and got fit for some irons. I hit a bunch of different blades with the same shaft so it allowed me to really compare heads. Below are my findings. Keep in mind, other than the data points, everything else is my personal preference which may be completely different from yours. Feel and look are obviously really subjective. I currently play to a +1 handicap and these were all 6 iron shots.

>

> All stats are averages

>

> PXG 0311t (Gamer)

> Loft: 28*

> Ball Speed: 134.3

> Carry: 201.6

> Dispersion (STD Dev): 5.4

> Feel: I actually like the feel of the PXG irons. It has a bit of a firmer feel but it definitely feels like it comes off hot. Which may be why I struggle with consistent distances.

> Looks: These look like a standard CB irons but with a blade like finish. I like the screws on the back. Make it look mean and tough :smiley:

>

> PXG 0311t Gen 2

> Loft: 28

> Ball Speed: 138.5

> Carry: 207.9

> Dispersion: 4.6

> Feel: Kaboom Baby! These feel like rocket launchers. Everything feels insanely hot and obviously shows in the distance. Similar overall feel to Gen 1, maybe a touch softer.

> Looks: They look the same to me as the Gen 1.

>

> Honma Rose Proto

> Loft: 30

> Ball Speed: 136.2

> Carry: 198.5

> Dispersion: 3.7

> Feel: Love the feel of these. They are responsive and I feel like I can do anything with them. I wouldn't say "butter" soft but I honestly want my irons to be a touch responsive

> Looks: I think these look pretty cool. They are obviously not a traditional look but still very good looking.

>

> Titleist 620 MB

> Loft: 31

> Ball Speed: 134.4

> Carry: 193.5

> Dispersion: 7.0

> Feel: Overall not my favorite. They were less forgiving than most of the other irons and just could never get that feel I like. Feel good when struck perfectly but even a slight miss is pretty penalizing. They're blades so it's to be expected.

> Looks: Such a classic look. Maybe my favorite of all the irons. So clean and basic. They didn't overdo it with nonsense.

>

> Taylormade P7TW

> Ball Speed: 134.5

> Carry: 197.3

> Dispersion: 6.3

> Feel: Best feeling iron of the bunch. Gives you that pure feeling when you strike it. I felt like I knew exactly what the ball was doing when I hit it. Taylormade knocked this one out of the park. However, not very forgiving. Much like the Titleist, you have to be so precise.

> Looks: Also has a really classic look. Feels like there's no offset which I like.

>

> Ping Blueprint

> Loft: 30.5

> Ball Speed: 133.8

> Carry: 193

> Dispersion: 4.9

> Feel: Shockingly these felt great. Didn't know what to expect from a Ping blade but they were really good. I felt that I could work the ball both ways pretty easily.

> Looks: I think they are pretty good looking. Not your traditional look but definitely a traditional "Ping" look. Nice and thin top line too.

>

> Taylormade P730

> Ball Speed: 129.1

> Carry: 184.2

> Dispersion: 5.0

> Feel: Hit these terribly. Numbers are screwed because I went on a hunt for the sweet spot and never really found it. Maybe I was getting tired or they're just not very forgiving but I didn't agree with these.

> Looks: Longer heel to toe. Not my preference and obviously couldn't get comfortable with it.

>

> Mizuno MP20 MB

> Ball Speed: 136.2

> Carry: 195.5

> Dispersion: 5.3

> Feel: Numbers were all pretty good but these didn't wow me. I was most excited to hit these because of how amazing the feel was supposed to be but they just were not my cup of tea. Past Mizunos are definitely "softer" feeling to me.

> Looks: Pure as it gets. So classy and understated. Nice thin top line. Definitely inspires confidence.

>

> Miura MC 501

> Ball Speed: 135.6

> Carry: 201.9

> Dispersion: 3.4

> Feel: These are Miuras... Do I need to say more? They felt great. Loved how pure it felt striking them. More forgiving than I thought.

> Looks: At first I thought they were a bit box-ish looking but then I realized it looks like there's a bunch of offset. Not sure if that's the case but I did not like the way they looked. I prefer my blades to have as little of offset as possible.

>

> Apex MB

> Ball Speed: 136.7

> Carry: 205.3

> Dispersion: 9.3

> Feel: These shocked me. They felt awesome. One of my favorites. Just a nice soft and smooth feeling. When you hit them, you feel like you're pounding them.

> Looks: Classic look. Not a major Callaway fan overall but I loved what they did here. Super nice.

>

>

> **My Takeaways:**

> Favorite Iron: Honma (Surprise!)

> Best Looking: Titleist 620

> Best Feel: P7TW

> Most Forgiving: PXG 0311t

> Least Forgiving: Titleist 620 or P7TW

>

> Ranking of all Irons:

> Honma

> P7TW

> Apex MB

> Blueprint

> MP20 MB

> 0311t

> MC 501

> 620 MB

> P730

>

Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

> @CardsChamps11 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> >

> > Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

>

> Added them to original post above for you

>

Champion. What shaft though? I'd be interested to hear from a fitter on here what their thoughts are. Much like Matt from TXG I would guess that it is probably not optimal for you to be spinning the ball at or over the number on the club given how high you hit it. You're stopping the ball anyways because of the descent angle, so all spin does it make it harder to play in the wind and drop your distances. I'm the same aside from a bit slower (7 iron is 175 carry for me, 124 ball speed, 130 ft apex, 52 descent etc). I'd guess your launch numbers are pretty high? I used to strive for a high spin number but I've found it a negative on course. Purely based off of my own knowledge of fitting (which needs more work) I'd say:

1. Miura

2. PXG

3. Honma

> @balls_deep said:

> > @CardsChamps11 said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > >

> > > Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

> >

> > Added them to original post above for you

> >

>

> Champion. What shaft though? I'd be interested to hear from a fitter on here what their thoughts are. Much like Matt from TXG I would guess that it is probably not optimal for you to be spinning the ball at or over the number on the club given how high you hit it. You're stopping the ball anyways because of the descent angle, so all spin does it make it harder to play in the wind and drop your distances. I'm the same aside from a bit slower (7 iron is 175 carry for me, 124 ball speed, 130 ft apex, 52 descent etc). I'd guess your launch numbers are pretty high? I used to strive for a high spin number but I've found it a negative on course. Purely based off of my own knowledge of fitting (which needs more work) I'd say:

>

> 1. Miura

> 2. PXG

> 3. Honma

>

>

With fitting numbers, you often have to account that mats could be used so the numbers can flip flop too from what you might see on turf.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @CardsChamps11 said:

> > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > >

> > > > Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

> > >

> > > Added them to original post above for you

> > >

> >

> > Champion. What shaft though? I'd be interested to hear from a fitter on here what their thoughts are. Much like Matt from TXG I would guess that it is probably not optimal for you to be spinning the ball at or over the number on the club given how high you hit it. You're stopping the ball anyways because of the descent angle, so all spin does it make it harder to play in the wind and drop your distances. I'm the same aside from a bit slower (7 iron is 175 carry for me, 124 ball speed, 130 ft apex, 52 descent etc). I'd guess your launch numbers are pretty high? I used to strive for a high spin number but I've found it a negative on course. Purely based off of my own knowledge of fitting (which needs more work) I'd say:

> >

> > 1. Miura

> > 2. PXG

> > 3. Honma

> >

> >

>

> With fitting numbers, you often have to account that mats could be used so the numbers can flip flop too from what you might see on turf.

For sure. However MOST golfers will spin the ball less off mats so that further reinforces my thoughts on the winners from the fit.

> @Buckets2 said:

> Bummer Srixon ZForged wasn't in the test. Would also be interested to hear if others who have hit MP20 feel the same about the 'feel'.

I own MP20 and have a different point of view than the OP. I think the MP20 is Mizunos best feeling iron by a clear margin (I’ve played Mizuno off and on since the T-Zoid...). However, not from the vinegar strokes orgasmic ‘butter’ trope that is all the rage. What kind of butter: stick, spreadable, melted, butt butter, ..?

Any club, feels good out of the center. Where Mizuno has long come up short in my opinion is managing the decay of that feel in a reasonable manner on misses. In other words, most other manufacturers/offerings go from bliss, to meh, to a little discomfort, to ‘you suck’ as the distance from center increased.

With Mizuno you went straight from bliss to lay your junk on the table while I break out a ball-peen hammer in about 2mm. The MP60 should have come with a warning that said do not play in less than 70F temps unless you are Ben Hogan or Moe Norman.

The MP20 feels great when middled and degrades nicely while still providing precise feedback. You can miss damn near off the grooves without jarring your hands and elbows - or so I’ve been told...

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

Very nice write up! Thanks for Sharing!

I go back and forth between my Apex MB's and my P7TW's. That's also partly because I have different shafts in each. My first couple of month's with the TW's, I thought they were fairly forgiving but I think I was just swinging it really well. They do feel very good when middled. I started struggling a bit and everyone in the group knows when you miss it, even if the result doesn't show. The sound quickly changes to very clicky.

The Apex MB's on the other hand still sound pretty good/soft on misses which I like. I know when I miss it but I usually like my playing partners to still think I hit it good! ;-)

> @balls_deep said:

> > @CardsChamps11 said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > >

> > > Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

> >

> > Added them to original post above for you

> >

>

> Champion. What shaft though? I'd be interested to hear from a fitter on here what their thoughts are. Much like Matt from TXG I would guess that it is probably not optimal for you to be spinning the ball at or over the number on the club given how high you hit it. You're stopping the ball anyways because of the descent angle, so all spin does it make it harder to play in the wind and drop your distances. I'm the same aside from a bit slower (7 iron is 175 carry for me, 124 ball speed, 130 ft apex, 52 descent etc). I'd guess your launch numbers are pretty high? I used to strive for a high spin number but I've found it a negative on course. Purely based off of my own knowledge of fitting (which needs more work) I'd say:

>

> 1. Miura

> 2. PXG

> 3. Honma

>

>

Oban CT 125x

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @CardsChamps11 said:

> > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

> > > >

> > > > Added them to original post above for you

> > > >

> > >

> > > Champion. What shaft though? I'd be interested to hear from a fitter on here what their thoughts are. Much like Matt from TXG I would guess that it is probably not optimal for you to be spinning the ball at or over the number on the club given how high you hit it. You're stopping the ball anyways because of the descent angle, so all spin does it make it harder to play in the wind and drop your distances. I'm the same aside from a bit slower (7 iron is 175 carry for me, 124 ball speed, 130 ft apex, 52 descent etc). I'd guess your launch numbers are pretty high? I used to strive for a high spin number but I've found it a negative on course. Purely based off of my own knowledge of fitting (which needs more work) I'd say:

> > >

> > > 1. Miura

> > > 2. PXG

> > > 3. Honma

> > >

> > >

> >

> > With fitting numbers, you often have to account that mats could be used so the numbers can flip flop too from what you might see on turf.

>

> For sure. However MOST golfers will spin the ball less off mats so that further reinforces my thoughts on the winners from the fit.

I hit off a fiberbuilt grass panel for this test. It’s that 3x1 strip that’s supposed to simulate grass. Not perfect but better than the firm mats.

Would love to hit them all on the same day but my wallet is glad I can’t!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

Solid write up. Spot on with the Miura MC-501. I've gamed them for a year now and my takeaway is very similar to yours. Miura feel. Easy to hit. Look incredible.. but.. OFFSET. It didn't bother me so much but after hitting some of the recent blade offerings and then coming back to these its striking how much it stands out. I keep kicking around the idea of moving into something else or sticking with them for another year. They do perform well (for me), though, that's for sure.. but the Blueprints and Baby Blades have my attention.

> @cflo2382 said:

> Solid write up. Spot on with the Miura MC-501. I've gamed them for a year now and my takeaway is very similar to yours. Miura feel. Easy to hit. Look incredible.. but.. OFFSET. It didn't bother me so much but after hitting some of the recent blade offerings and then coming back to these its striking how much it stands out. I keep kicking around the idea of moving into something else or sticking with them for another year. They do perform well (for me), though, that's for sure.. but the Blueprints and Baby Blades have my attention.

Feel the same way about offset....didn't know how much it bothered me until I looked more in to it, now I can't stand it. "Squaring up" at address just feels super closed and hook monster city and cutting the ball is way too hard!

> @Buckets2 said:

> > @cflo2382 said:

> > Solid write up. Spot on with the Miura MC-501. I've gamed them for a year now and my takeaway is very similar to yours. Miura feel. Easy to hit. Look incredible.. but.. OFFSET. It didn't bother me so much but after hitting some of the recent blade offerings and then coming back to these its striking how much it stands out. I keep kicking around the idea of moving into something else or sticking with them for another year. They do perform well (for me), though, that's for sure.. but the Blueprints and Baby Blades have my attention.

>

> Feel the same way about offset....didn't know how much it bothered me until I looked more in to it, now I can't stand it. "Squaring up" at address just feels super closed and hook monster city and cutting the ball is way too hard!

It definitely serves it purpose and maybe Miura is trying to hit a smaller group of people who want to play blades but also want some offset. It just inhibits me from being able to work it effectively. My misses become much more left which is not my favorite.

> @CardsChamps11 said:

> > @Buckets2 said:

> > > @cflo2382 said:

> > > Solid write up. Spot on with the Miura MC-501. I've gamed them for a year now and my takeaway is very similar to yours. Miura feel. Easy to hit. Look incredible.. but.. OFFSET. It didn't bother me so much but after hitting some of the recent blade offerings and then coming back to these its striking how much it stands out. I keep kicking around the idea of moving into something else or sticking with them for another year. They do perform well (for me), though, that's for sure.. but the Blueprints and Baby Blades have my attention.

> >

> > Feel the same way about offset....didn't know how much it bothered me until I looked more in to it, now I can't stand it. "Squaring up" at address just feels super closed and hook monster city and cutting the ball is way too hard!

>

> It definitely serves it purpose and maybe Miura is trying to hit a smaller group of people who want to play blades but also want some offset. It just inhibits me from being able to work it effectively. My misses become much more left which is not my favorite.

At least they aren't traditionally lofted already. You could bend them all a degree weak to add some bounce and reduce offset

> @CardsChamps11 said:

> > @Buckets2 said:

> > > @cflo2382 said:

> > > Solid write up. Spot on with the Miura MC-501. I've gamed them for a year now and my takeaway is very similar to yours. Miura feel. Easy to hit. Look incredible.. but.. OFFSET. It didn't bother me so much but after hitting some of the recent blade offerings and then coming back to these its striking how much it stands out. I keep kicking around the idea of moving into something else or sticking with them for another year. They do perform well (for me), though, that's for sure.. but the Blueprints and Baby Blades have my attention.

> >

> > Feel the same way about offset....didn't know how much it bothered me until I looked more in to it, now I can't stand it. "Squaring up" at address just feels super closed and hook monster city and cutting the ball is way too hard!

>

> It definitely serves it purpose and maybe Miura is trying to hit a smaller group of people who want to play blades but also want some offset. It just inhibits me from being able to work it effectively. My misses become much more left which is not my favorite.

Man I just wish you had done this when you had a chance to get mb 101s in your hands. Would be curious to see how they stack up.