2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

> @K13 said:

> > @DblEgl said:

> > The 0211 irons are $95 per through November.

> >

> > Any longer term updates before Winter sets in ?

>

> Have had mine about four months and played a round Friday with them.

>

> I play to a 10-12 typically - typically strike the ball pretty well with irons, albeit with some pushes or handsy big left misses here and there.

>

> I think the feel, size, forgiveness, etc has been pretty well documented on these. What I find when I play them though is how consistent the distances are. With a good strike, I was able to very consistently dial it in within a few yards, which I haven't found as much with other sets I've played (z545, Nike Vapor Fly Pro). Of course, I wasn't always perfectly straight, so not always on the pin, but even with some dispersion having distance under control is a big help. In combination with the progressive set design, they fit what I'm looking for perfectly.

>

> I've read that as a positive about PXG irons in general, and at least personally have found it to be true of the 0211.

>

> The only negative I've found with the long irons, with are generally easy to hit, is that the longer blade length can make it tough when you're in thicker rough or native areas. Nothing unique to this set, but I believe the head size is bigger than, say, the p790, so it may be something to be aware of.

>

Thanks for the updated info. It is helpful on many levels. I'm a vet, so they are definitely on my radar.

> @DblEgl said:

> The 0211 irons are $95 per through November.

>

> Any longer term updates before Winter sets in ?

Now that mine were corrected, I love them. As others have said, the distance control on these is very solid, and I don't get huge spin variations on slight mishits like I have seen with some other GI irons. The trajectory is nice and high but they are also easy to knock down. And IMO they are one of the best feeling cast clubs I have ever hit.

I’d say (and have frequently/loudly) that at $95 per club these are an amazing set of irons. I also agree that the dispersion is the number one benefit I have found with the 0211’s. I’m also playing mine with the WRX-darling Mitsubishi MMT shafts (albeit the 80 gram parallel versions) so that may be a factor, as well.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

I use my 0211 4 iron numerous times a round and it’s my favorite club. My OG P790’s are getting nervous. If I knew I could get a descent amount for them I would be going all 0211. The 0211 feels much better than the P790 IMHO.

The Hero’s Pricing is too good to pass up.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

The 0211's I purchased off a member arrived today. He was nice enough to ship them well packaged ensuring the original PXG box and contents were in pristine order. Felt like Christmas came early. Thanks bnp144.

Nice to finally have these in my hands, love the look of satin finish contrasting the darker face, white bottom groove is a welcome addition as well. Offset gradually increases from W-the 4 iron, very happy with the 8,9 pw offset and thin top lines. Hope these hit as well as they look.

> @Stonewalled said:

> The 0211's I purchased off a member arrived today. He was nice enough to ship them well packaged ensuring the original PXG box and contents were in pristine order. Felt like Christmas came early. Thanks bnp144.

>

> Nice to finally have these in my hands, love the look of satin finish contrasting the darker face, white bottom groove is a welcome addition as well. Offset gradually increases from W-the 4 iron, very happy with the 8,9 pw offset and thin top lines. Hope these hit as well as they look.

I’ve never seen better packaging than PXG. Such a small thing but they are so awesome to unbox.

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @Stonewalled said:

> > The 0211's I purchased off a member arrived today. He was nice enough to ship them well packaged ensuring the original PXG box and contents were in pristine order. Felt like Christmas came early. Thanks bnp144.

> >

> > Nice to finally have these in my hands, love the look of satin finish contrasting the darker face, white bottom groove is a welcome addition as well. Offset gradually increases from W-the 4 iron, very happy with the 8,9 pw offset and thin top lines. Hope these hit as well as they look.

>

> I’ve never seen better packaging than PXG. Such a small thing but they are so awesome to unbox.

I have been envious of new PXG owner's [reviewer's]unboxing their clubs online. I was very impressed by equipment and attention to detail from PXG in the packaging. Buying new from PXG for me was not going to happen, so todays unboxing of these second hand beauties will have to suffice. Like u said Awesome.

I've had these irons since the last week or two in July and I've played some of the best golf I've ever played because of them. The looks, feel and consistency I get out of them is awesome. The only other clubs I'm even remotely looking at are the new Gen3 Pxg's...but I'm sure that I won't be able to afford those and not sure how much better they could be then the 0211's have been for me.

• Like 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

As DblEgl said their phone support is generally pretty good at helping chose if you cannot go in for a fitting. If your swing speed is on the lower end and the transition with irons is really quick, sometimes a light weight graphite stiff flex shaft can help as long as you do not have trouble elevating the ball. If you have trouble elevating the ball then you may definitely want to stick to a regular flex. The Mitsubishi MMT is a very good shaft that is offered at no upcharge. It is only 70g in R flex and 80g in S flex. They may help get a little more speed into your iron swing

• Like 1

I think that PXG is going to phase out the 0211. With 0311 Gen3 on the horizon they can Hero price the 0311 Gen2. There really isn’t a place for the 0211, I don’t think. Maybe they did better at retail than I think , however, I assume most of the sales were Hero pricing.

Finally had a chance to hit my 0211's, unfortunately only off matts at the local indoor/outdoor driving range. The building was just above freezing temperature, so even with cooler temperatures and range balls the 0211's felt pretty fantastic. Not sure if it was the possible low CG or the elevate tour VSS shafts but high fairly straight shots for me were the norm. Middle contact is not always a given for me, my miss is out of the toe. Looking at the ball marks on the faces I was pleased to see no toe shots. Didn't see a Tiger Woods dime sized pattern but damn good for this hacker. Spring can't come quick enough.

• Like 1

My 0211 irons arrived today perfectly boxed as others have stated. However, I had several custom specs that I requested and was skeptical that the

build would match up......Wrong --- The specs were spot on - swing weigh & length exact. Also they were spotless.... Kudos. I won't be able to hit them for a couple of weeks but have high hopes. Just an update for those curious as to current PXG status. Oh, I am fairly picky.

• Like 1

When the 0211's were released, the website said "limited time only". That disclaimer has since been removed from the website, so who knows where they are going with 0211 line. But they do seem more popular and more in demand than what was originally thought.

And as for not having a place for them, I don't see that as the case. There are many people who have gone to PXG fittings with the idea that they would be fit into either the 0311P or the 0311XF, just to find out that they hit the 0211's better. The 0211 performance is right there in line with the 0311XF with a slightly firmer feel, but at nearly half the price.

So while I have no idea of what the plans are for PXG, IMO with the release of the 0311SGI, my opinion would be that the 0311XF might be the odd man out.

And while I had an initial bad experience with the QC when I received my 0211's, PXG did go above and beyond to correct it. And now that my irons are to my specs, they are one of the best performing irons I have played bar none.

• Like 1

PXG 0211 irons standard pricing rduced to $125!

Darkness has arrived...milled wedges $420 including black

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

$395/420...chrome/black

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope