Pro V1 Left Dash Coming to Retail Oct 1st

PostandGhost

Just had two dozen of these arrive today from Golfdom. I have another dozen sitting at my local club builder shop that I need to go pick up tomorrow can’t wait to give them a try. As of right now my go to ball is the TP5X, looking forward to seeing how this ball stacks up.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

> @monks66 said:

> is it softer then reg pro v1x? or the same?

Firmer. Loud click with putter. I love it.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @monks66 said:

> > is it softer then reg pro v1x? or the same?

>

> Firmer. Loud click with putter. I love it.

I keep wanting to try it. I think I'm going to cave. LOL

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @monks66 said:

> > > is it softer then reg pro v1x? or the same?

> >

> > Firmer. Loud click with putter. I love it.

>

> I keep wanting to try it. I think I'm going to cave. LOL

Well. As usual. I loved it off putter. Maybe one of my best putting rounds ever this morning as far as speed and number of putts. But. I’m not sure what to make out of some of the flights I saw. Fades that went straight , and draws that kind of fluttered. And two back foot 54s from around 15 yards or so that did not try to check. Not even a bit. One going off the green long. For reference , that’s a shot I’m used to landing inside 4ft of the hole and having it die. And it was with a brand new glide 3 wedge today.

I’m going to test some more. But it may be too low spin. Which I hate to say it. Makes the tp5x look like a near perfect ball.

The only reason I’m still open minded is that I was dead tired this morning after a really rough day working on the home remodel I’ve got going on. I helped an electrician pull cable in the kitchen for 7 hours and then cleaned up the mess.

Point being. I know I wasn’t 100 % and hate to blame equipment. But this thing is like pinnacle low spin. I’m just not sure it’s useable .

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My review of left dash (I’m a 9 handicap, driver swing speed in the 105 range) also I posted this over on the other Left Dash thread. Plenty to read over there as well. Hope this helps!

Driver: A- big high ballflight, really nice. Less spin than Snell, more spin than say a QStar Tour.

Long irons: A+ amazing. Nice compressed feel, nice high ballflight, perfect spin into greens. I struggle getting my long irons in the air. These are amazing.

Mid iron/scoring irons: B more clunky feeling, the ball is much harder than ProV1, so it doesn’t feel like the ball compresses with these clubs. Ball dances on the green just like you’d expect, however. I felt like I might’ve been losing a few yards in mid irons. Not a problem if it’s predictable/dependable.

Full wedge, 1/2 wedge shots: A- clunky feel again, but the ball is hop and stop (not sucking back unpredictably) which is exactly what I like for my short game wedge play.

Greenside: A- absolutely perfect spin, feels just like a Prov1x. ProV1 has better feel as the ball is softer overall. Chipping around a green going Left Dash, ProV1, Left Dash all 3 balls would react exactly the same.

Final grade: A. This hits all the marks: sticky and spinny around the green, nice high ball flights with longer clubs, and a LOT less spin with driver. The clunky hard ball feel with scoring clubs could be a turnoff, but a Prov1 player probably already ruled out Prov1x for the same reasons. An under the radar big win if you are a high spin player with some ballspeed.

I don’t play ProV1/ProV1x due to driver spin. It will be tough to NOT play the Left Dash.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Hackattack1 said:

> > want to try these bad!

>

> https://www.golfdomgolf.com/products/titleist-pro-v1x-left-dash-golf-balls

thanks/ got ahold of a sleeve from my head pro. very good ball. played 6 holes and unfortunately did not hit a good drive to comment on but otherwise was very solid on irons and wedges. is noticeably harder feeling than AVX.

I've played a couple rounds with the left dash now and it is definitely a hard ball. It feels like a pinnacle of the driver. And this is coming from a prov1x user.

It feels fine off irons (but harder) and has some jam around the greens. Nothing massively different from my normal proV1x around the greens, but if you want to split hairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Last course I played had them in pro shop. Bought a sleeve to try and they are awesome. Would love it if titleist did the same for the Left dot Pro V.

Rogue ST Triple D 11.5 RDX SMOKE BLACK 70 X 45.25

Mavrik SubZero 16.5 Adila Tour White 80x 42.25

19* Zu85 Modus 105X

TCB RAW 4-AW Modus 120 X

56*14 RTX 6 Raw Modus 125W

60*8 RTX 6 Raw Tour ISSUE S400

1980 Ping Anser

Ball: Chrome Tour

Unbelievably good, played three rounds in 80 degree weather. I have played the standard X for years, just liked the harder ball for putting and chipping but knew I was giving up driver distance. Figured I needed to go to the V1 as I am getting older and need the driver distance. Hit all three prov1s a number of times side by side. The X was the shortest, the ProV1 was five yards longer and the left dash X another 5 - 10 yds farther than that. No difference with the irons or chipping. I think it felt the same as the X, harder as normal vs. the regular V1. Hopefully I can get enough of them!

I feel like the market is moving to cater tour level balls to amateur golfers, and at the same time amateur golfers are realizing they don't need tour level spin. I hope Titleist continues production on this ball, maybe under a different name. Don't know how much left dash does for marketing. It would be nice to see other brands follow the lead if they haven't already.

Gunga Galunga Golf - Golf Photography

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to like this ball, but it just doesn't go for me. I lose quite a bit of distance compared the the standard Pro V1x across the board. I like the different feel as a change up, but definitely not a ball that I'll continue to play.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

I finally played this ball for a weekend. I did win the tournament I was in with it so I shouldn't be complaining. My biggest issue was the overall feel. It is just too hard for me coming from a ProV1. The results I got were very good though. Our greens are soft right now from going dormant and extra rain. I was spinning the ProV1 too much on full shots. That's what got me to try this ball. It still spun more than enough on full shots. On well struck shots it would come back 4-5 feet whereas a ProV1 may come back as much as 15-18 feet. Shot chips were great and I did notice a little less spin but nothing major. I did chip one in for an eagle. The driver is where I noticed the biggest difference and got me to thinking I would possibly stock up. It was definitely longer, had a lower overall flight and less spin. This may be counterintuitive to Titleist claims but that is what I saw for my swing. I really wish I had tried this ball in warmer weather. With temps in the 50s, it is hard to tell if the extra click I feel of all my irons is due to cold or the hardness.

I have four rounds in with the LDV1x now, and so far my thoughts are as follows:

Have found the performance characteristics to be exactly as Titleist describes.Performance bears a striking resemblance to perhaps my favorite ball of all time, the Nike Tour Accuracy DD.Definitely has the heavy feel and louder impact sound that one would associate with a higher compression ball. It reminds me of Callaway's tour balls before Chrome Soft in that regard. It wouldn't surprise me if this firmer feel is the primary reason that this ball doesn't get more professional play.While I've found the short game spin sufficient for the current conditions at my home club, I can see where most PGA Tour guys would want more spin than this has for the green firmness and speed they typically see.Ball does feel heavy at impact, but it also has the "heavy" flight characteristics often more associated with the V1. Head winds and cross winds just don't seem to bother the LD that much for how high it wants to fly.Don't notice much difference in the feel off the putter, but I do use a White Hot Pro insert which tends to make balls feel and sound more similar than milled putters typically do.While I was concerned about flyers on short irons with this ball, it's only happened once so far and I think it was my fault more than that of the ball. I can get a bit shallow and sweep-ish with short irons at times, and I think that's why I got 15 bonus yards out of one 8 iron from a clean and dry lie.Durability is exceptional, perhaps the best I've ever encountered in a urethane covered ball.It's as long as anything else out there.

In short, the reasons that this version of the ball was not mass produced make themselves pretty evident. However, I've liked it more than I expected to so far and can already see it making a strong case to be in play on a regular basis.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

• 3 weeks later...

Correct. Originally, the Pro V1 was the softer compression, higher spin ball. The ProV1X was the lower spinning, higher compression ball. I don’t remember exactly when things changed.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up a couple dozen of these to try this year. I am a low launch high spin player so this sounds like it might be right up my alley.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 @11.25 Ventus TR Red 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 wood 15 @15.75 Ventus TR Red 8X

Taylormade Stealth 2+ 2 Rescue @18.5* LAGP AXS RED 85HX
Titleist T200 4-6 T150 7-PW Modus 105X 4 iron 120X 5-PW

Taylormade My MG4 50 Modus 120X
Taylormade My MG4 56 TI DG S400

Taylormade My High Toe 3 60 TI DG S400

Taylormade Spider Tour V Stability Tour

Taylormade TP5X 2024

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent golf ball for high speed/spin guys. I know everyone is unique; however, it surprises me that so many of the comments were super positive. This ball is very firm, has a mid/high launch and spins very little relative to the rest of the lineup. It works well for me, but only one other "good" player i know even remotely likes it. it just falls out of the sky for most people-especially off of the driver.

I can definitely verify that the spin around the greens is sufficient, but that is coming from someone who prefers to spin the ball as opposed to bump and run pitch shots.

I guess all i'm trying to say is that the vast majority(not all) of people are lying to themselves if they think this is the best ball for their game. It never hurts to try a sleeve though...

Side note: I'm not attacking anyone in particular on this thread. I simply want to point out that it seems as though WRX members try to fit themselves into shiny new (slightly exclusive) products, even though their game is probably not suited for said products.

Titleist TSi3 8.25* / Ventus Black 6TX

Titleist 915 FD 17.5* / Tensei CK Pro White 80TX

Titleist T100 3i-P / Tour Issue X7

Vokey Raw SM9 50F, 56F, 60M / Tour Issue X7

Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Proto

Titleist Pro - V1x

I think I've talked myself into trying a box. Does anyone know of any stores in the L.A. area that have these in stock I could go and pick up so I don't have to order online and wait for shipping? I'd love to be able to take them out this weekend...

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9º (at 8º) Accra TZ5 65 M5

3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Ti 15º Accra TZ5 75 M5

3i/4i: Srixon Z785 Nippon Modus 120X (4i 1º weak)

5i-PW: Srixon Z-Forged Modus 120X

50º/54º/60º: Cleveland RTX 4 (Mid Bounce) Modus 120X (50º/54º) & DG TI S400 (60º)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 (33.75", 70º lie, 2.5º loft)

Only green grass shops will potentially carry these in stock. Otherwise, you need to order them from Titleist.

Titleist TSi3 8.25* / Ventus Black 6TX

Titleist 915 FD 17.5* / Tensei CK Pro White 80TX

Titleist T100 3i-P / Tour Issue X7

Vokey Raw SM9 50F, 56F, 60M / Tour Issue X7

Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Proto

Titleist Pro - V1x

My local Edwin Watts had these in stock a few months back for the Christmas shopping season, but I think it's fair to say that seeing them available for purchase in stores will be rare.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link