Bettinardi Sun Mountain 4.5 bags on eBay

GoIrish17

$135 for grey/blue/red, $140 for black/lime green, which seems like a solid price for it so I picked one up. Which means I'll probably end up feeling the need to get a Bettinardi putter, fml. I thought I'd seen this deal shared before, but couldn't find it through the search.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sun-Mountain-4-5-LS-Bettinardi-Golf-Studio-B-Stand-Bag-Pick-the-Color/392492685092?hash=item5b62631724:m:mT-Gy6uSSuKpNAXocmeXY4A

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free shipping also.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Interesting... It's sold by Maplehill.. but these are not listed on their site. Detail shows these are salesman sample so I don't know these were somewhat "shop worn"?

Also 2019 4.5 LS seem to have changed to 14 way top.. and the 4 way top was 2018 model.. I dunno.. it's all very confusing. The same bag in different color is listed on Bettiardi site for $200.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

There's a 2019 4 way 4.5 LS also. There's like 20+ Sun Mountain bags whenever you look at a retailer's website, so it's hard to keep track of them all - God knows I can't. I kind of figured these were old stock or like you said left over salesman samples, probably sold to Maple Hill as a lot. I need a new bag, and the price was right, so I figured what the heck (my plan all along has been to buy a new Ping Hoofer when they come out, but my "extra set" has started multiplying into extra sets). I actually would have guessed it was older than a 2019 model. I'll be honest, I didn't "read" the description. I just looked at photos, condition was new, and price was right. If it something about it bothers me, I'll return it. For a $140, I couldn't pass up a Sun Mountain bag (until it costs me more because I feel like I need a Betti putter to go in it).

I'm pretty sure this is the same bag, though there may be some minor differences (I notice there is no nylon towel ring on the Betti version, at least in the picture, and there is no picture of the hip pad side so no telling what that'll look like):https://www.tgw.com/golf-bags/golf-stand-bags/sun-mountain-2019-45-ls-stand-bag

Leg stand mechanisms getting loose and "tired" is always one of my biggest and most frequent gripes about stand bags. In my experience, Ping is the only one who has gotten that aspect correct with the Hoofer strap that pulls the legs tight against the bag. I've owned two Sun Mountain bags - they were both awesome bags, but the legs started getting pretty bouncy towards the end. When I started taking jabs in the ankle from the legs bouncing, it was time to get a new bag. I use a ClicGear exclusively now, so not an issue. I am slightly concerned with the stand mechanism and how it rides on the ClicGear, but I'm sure it'll be manageable if it's not perfect.

Bag should be here tomorrow (supposed to be delivered today, but FedEx changed it a little while ago). I'll take some pics when I do get it if anyone is interested or it would help a decision, just ask if so.

Cool. Salesman samples sometimes can have slight differences from retail models, as they are often prototypes or early production. It wouldn't surprise me if an early sample of 2019 models still had a 2018 handle on it.

*edit - Not to say it isn't a 2018 model, just that I wouldn't take that one item to be definitive. To be honest, it really doesn't concern me the year of the bag.

Got the bag today. Had to wait till the wife went to bed to take pictures of it, since I told her it was a present for her (guess I’m getting her that vacuum she asked for after all). Here’s a few quickies, had to use a flash so hopefully it shows some detail. It’s a quality bag, exactly what I’d expect from Sun Mountain. Very happy with the purchase. It looks right at home in my mancorner.

F9VWM4BIORIN.jpeg

GPWWZ4GHRFO0.jpeg

ZV3SGKY5UTXM.jpeg

2XU0UKAB4E9H.jpeg

9LR4SF7VJ3I2.jpeg

2Z9C0A3U3IN6.jpeg

92VPIJWZ08SA.jpeg

9F1UUSB62M8Q.jpeg

JUINOJXWM6P3.jpeg

8FS6MPDUICQN.jpeg

HAX8CC69UGM3.jpeg

6CINWVYYL6JR.jpeg

YWMEJFL7J6AI.jpeg

7BIQLPI2RSYH.jpeg

That looks very nice!! I think I would totally have gone for it as well if I actually still use stand bags these days. I carry the bag maybe twice a year now only during tournament when pull carts are not allowed.

Love that gator cover too! It's pretty badass!! Where did you get that one?

oh yeah.. nice Srixons!

PXG SD 58*

The shamrock 3 wood headcover? It's just regular leather(-ish), I think it is from Sunfish or one of those. It's just well worn. Truth be told, I haven't carried a bag further than from my car to the clubhouse in a little while. I got a ClicGear and never looked back. I can still walk, but my back is no longer throbbing after walking 18 holes. Age is starting to rear its ugly head.

Nooo.. the mad gator putter cover! hmm I think it's a gator, right? LOL

Same here. absolutely love my ClicGear. I can still walk as well but it's more like why. golf is hard enough and I don't need more punishment for my body.. My R9 Ultralight bag is my go-to for tournament use when I had to carry and walk. It has seen so little use that the plastic cover are still on its legs.

PXG SD 58*

Lol, if I were forced to carry I'd par down the bag to the bare essentials. As it stands, I see no reason not to have a couple dozen balls, 8-10 barely hanging on gloves, rain gear and umbrella at all times, a thousand tees, etc.

Yeah, the white cover is a rat rod type design. It's a Manncrafted limited edition. It's very sweet, I wish I could keep it in perfect condition. But I'm just not the kind of person to display things. As evidenced by my little tiny corner of the basement, my mancorner.