Forest Dunes & Black Lake

BG5 ·  
BG5BG5 Members  1163WRX Points: 127Posts: 1,163 Platinum Tees

Wow....def two of my favorite courses in Michigan but I was blindsided on how much money was put into both of these properties. See the articles below and the Detroit Carpenters Pension Fund invested $41 Million dollars into Forest Dunes and then sold it to Let Thompson later for around $3 million.

Black lake on the other hand owes $61 million to the UAW. Great courses but I bet this rubs alot of people the wrong way.

Forest Dunes Article

https://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2019/11/12/risky-deals-carpenters-union-pension-crisis/3907578002/

Black Lake Article

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2019/11/13/uaw-ethics-reform-corruption-scandal/4179706002/

Posted:
Ping K15 Driver - 10.5*
Ping K15 3 Wood 16* & 5 Wood 19*
Ping Karsten Hybrids 19* 22* 25*
Ping Karsten Irons 6-PW
Ping Karsten Wedges 51* 55*
Ping Scottsdale Greyhawk TR Putter
WITB Link

Comments

• HackerDaveHackerDave Members  1439WRX Points: 139Handicap: 13.5Posts: 1,439 Platinum Tees

Pure corruption. Most of that money just went "poof". I believe at least two pension funds have owned Forest Dunes before Thompson bought it. The first time I played there, I looked at all the empty lots and thought "Who would buy here?" Maybe the lake lots, but the rest would make a horrible investment. There is NOTHING around it.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cassel191919cassel191919 Members  208WRX Points: 64Posts: 208 Fairways

there is just no way anybody with a brain would expect to sell 1,200 houses at 350k avg at forest dunes.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.