NEW PING iBLADE IN 2020?

uglande

I've played iblades and i210's side by side this season on 3 occasions when the course was slow. I brought both sets and hit multiple shots from the same distances with each. I honestly did not find much of a difference between the two. Spin and distance was similar throughout the sets. i210's slightly better feeling. I ended up keeping the i210's because they fit me better (2 up vs standard lie of the iblades). I think the iblades are one of the best looking non-blade irons on the market. I would be all over a new iteration if they kept their traditional look.

Love the feel of 210s, prefer the look of iBlades. Now if Ping can combine the 2, I think we have a winner?!

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

> @animalgolfs said:

> I'm real close to pulling a iBlade / Blueprint combo

>

> Blueprint just looks so good to my eye

I have been told, multiple times, the 2.0 is coming. That said, once I feel comfortable in my off-season changes with the PlaneMate and SpeedSticks, if the 2.0’s don’t physically exist yet I will probably go the same route.

I have personally never had an issue with my iBlades spinning too much, but having the right shaft and ball are important. This is also why we get fit, sometimes you just don’t match up no matter how much you want to.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @animalgolfs said:

> > I'm real close to pulling a iBlade / Blueprint combo

> >

> > Blueprint just looks so good to my eye

>

> I have been told, multiple times, the 2.0 is coming. That said, once I feel comfortable in my off-season changes with the PlaneMate and SpeedSticks, if the 2.0’s don’t physically exist yet I will probably go the same route.

>

> I have personally never had an issue with my iBlades spinning too much, but having the right shaft and ball are important. This is also why we get fit, sometimes you just don’t match up no matter how much you want to.

I think what u said about shaft and ball combination is an understated truth. It's a marriage of all components

Most fittings dont take all (gripf, shaft, head and ball) into consideration.

Most are getting fitted at your local big box golf shop with MaxFli distance balls. In tennis shoes. Stock grips.

Just sayin, an incomplete fitting is like buying off the rack.

• Like 2

> @Ivyguy said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @animalgolfs said:

> > > I'm real close to pulling a iBlade / Blueprint combo

> > >

> > > Blueprint just looks so good to my eye

> >

> > I have been told, multiple times, the 2.0 is coming. That said, once I feel comfortable in my off-season changes with the PlaneMate and SpeedSticks, if the 2.0’s don’t physically exist yet I will probably go the same route.

> >

> > I have personally never had an issue with my iBlades spinning too much, but having the right shaft and ball are important. This is also why we get fit, sometimes you just don’t match up no matter how much you want to.

>

> I think what u said about shaft and ball combination is an understated truth. It's a marriage of all components

>

> Most fittings dont take all (gripf, shaft, head and ball) into consideration.

>

> Most are getting fitted at your local big box golf shop with MaxFli distance balls. In tennis shoes. Stock grips.

>

> Just sayin, an incomplete fitting is like buying off the rack.

Speaking of the ball's effect....

Several years ago, found considerable difference in iron distance by switching to a different ball, going from the Precept U Tri Extra Spin, from the U Tri Tour. I hit a high ball and used to spin it a bit, the UT-ES meshed well with my game with that iron set. With another set that produced less spin, that distance gain was less.

Found it very interesting. :)

I found similar differences with driver, with early Callaway balls. Lower spin ball worked better with Driver X, higher spin ball worked with Driver Y. Similar good results with each if I matched the ball, similar poorer results if I mismatched the ball.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @Ivyguy said:

> > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > > @animalgolfs said:

> > > > I'm real close to pulling a iBlade / Blueprint combo

> > > >

> > > > Blueprint just looks so good to my eye

> > >

> > > I have been told, multiple times, the 2.0 is coming. That said, once I feel comfortable in my off-season changes with the PlaneMate and SpeedSticks, if the 2.0’s don’t physically exist yet I will probably go the same route.

> > >

> > > I have personally never had an issue with my iBlades spinning too much, but having the right shaft and ball are important. This is also why we get fit, sometimes you just don’t match up no matter how much you want to.

> >

> > I think what u said about shaft and ball combination is an understated truth. It's a marriage of all components

> >

> > Most fittings dont take all (gripf, shaft, head and ball) into consideration.

> >

> > Most are getting fitted at your local big box golf shop with MaxFli distance balls. In tennis shoes. Stock grips.

> >

> > Just sayin, an incomplete fitting is like buying off the rack.

>

>

> Speaking of the ball's effect....

>

> Several years ago, found considerable difference in iron distance by switching to a different ball, going from the Precept U Tri Extra Spin, from the U Tri Tour.

>

> I found similar differences with driver, with early Callaway balls. Lower spin ball worked better with Driver X, higher spin ball worked with Driver Y. Similar good results with each if I matched the ball, similar poorer results if I mismatched the ball.

Okay, I've had the weirdest experience ever with different balls affecting the club significantly. When the C300 forged came out, I was all over it, I liked the look, the feel, and the tech had me intrigued: ball speed of a GI iron in traditional lofts. See, I'd fell into the WRX trap, I felt like I was somehow inferior because I added loft at impact and did better with stronger lofted irons due to my dynamic loft at impact. So this blew me away, I had to try them. I hit them at my local Big Box store with whatever was in the simulator (I think Srixon Marathons) and as told, I was getting equivalent ball speed out of the 7i (34) as I was out of the 7i (30) in my own set. Colour me impressed, I was all set to buy them but told myself to wait for a day or two and make sure it wasn't just my swing that day. So I went back a few days later and tried again but this time the ball was a ProV1 and the ball was going about 10 yards short of my own 7i, so basically exactly as far as my 8i, where it should have been given the loft. Then I grabbed a Srixon Marathon that was sitting there and boom the distance came back. I didn't buy them because I had previously tried the Marathon with a driver and wedge and they were super short. It seemed so odd to me at the time before I really gave ball fitting a deep think.

• Like 1

MGFA --- Making Golf Fun Again

Paradym 9* - Accra TZFive 60

Paradym 15* - Accra TZFive 70

Paradym Triple Diamond 18* - Accra TZFive 70

Cobra Tec 21* and 25* - MMT 80

Ping i525 6-UW - Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* Mid and 58* Low+ - DG Tour Issue Spinner

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

I agree @pingtour needs to do something. Been way too long. I’m not going to buy another set of iblades and will go elsewhere If there’s nothing new.

It would be awesome to get a iblade with softer feel or has anyone thought about a blueprint cb using same footprint of the iblade? Either way, ping needs to do something in very early 2020. Blueprints were absolutely phenomenal but hard to justify, even for solid players, if you’re not hitting balls each day.

Lastly, regarding high spin nature of iblades, I don’t find iblades to be too spinny. The i200s and i210s are at least as spinny.

• Like 1

> @tkre2000 said:

> I agree @pingtour needs to do something. Been way too long. I’m not going to buy another set of iblades and will go elsewhere If there’s nothing new.

>

> It would be awesome to get a iblade with softer feel or has anyone thought about a blueprint cb using same footprint of the iblade? Either way, ping needs to do something in very early 2020. Blueprints were absolutely phenomenal but hard to justify, even for solid players, if you’re not hitting balls each day.

>

> Lastly, regarding high spin nature of iblades, I don’t find iblades to be too spinny. The i200s and i210s are at least as spinny.

The iBlades spin like tops. Look at any youtube review. I had it on monitor and it was one of the highest spinning irons I've tested. Great clubs. Absolutely loved them.

> @TrueWRX said:

> Looks like you can’t buy Iblades off tgw anymore. Is that a sign????

I noticed that too. I would think it's a sign. But I also would be surprised if they rolled out any new product this time of year. Maybe early 2020. But by cutting off sales now they will have fewer disgruntled golfers who purchased new iBlades only to have the new ones released.

Titleist TSR3 08.75 – AD DI 65x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – AD DI 75x

Titleist TSR2 17.25 – AD DI 85x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – AD DI 95x

Titleist T150 4i-6i – X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i – X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw – S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 – White Hot OG5

> @balls_deep said:

> > @tkre2000 said:

> > I agree @pingtour needs to do something. Been way too long. I’m not going to buy another set of iblades and will go elsewhere If there’s nothing new.

> >

> > It would be awesome to get a iblade with softer feel or has anyone thought about a blueprint cb using same footprint of the iblade? Either way, ping needs to do something in very early 2020. Blueprints were absolutely phenomenal but hard to justify, even for solid players, if you’re not hitting balls each day.

> >

> > Lastly, regarding high spin nature of iblades, I don’t find iblades to be too spinny. The i200s and i210s are at least as spinny.

>

> The iBlades spin like tops. Look at any youtube review. I had it on monitor and it was one of the highest spinning irons I've tested. Great clubs. Absolutely loved them.

Well, I don’t view the spin as a negative. Looking at what pros do, average 7-iron spins over 7,000. I’ll take the added control over hitting fliers all day. Sure, maybe more spin than the average cb but nothing crazy compared to players irons out there. See Wilson V6, etc. Plus, if guys want less control and more distance, ping is the only brand that actually advertises the power spec option. My comparison was more on ping v ping. Look at crossfield’s iblade and 210 reviews (6-iron to 7-iron) but looks like the iblade would be around the same as 210 and he spins the blueprint right around the 6500 mark as well. To me, suggests more related to strike and specifics for each golfer, not necessarily iblade themselves.

• Like 1

> @moorebaseball said:

> Any speculations as to when these will come out? I am looking at doing a fitting in january.

No, this whole thread is speculation. No guarantee they release anything. The original iBlades came out in the summer of 2016, but that's not really relevant because they're clearly outside of any normal product cycle on that one.

> @uglande said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > Any speculations as to when these will come out? I am looking at doing a fitting in january.

>

> No, this whole thread is speculation. No guarantee they release anything. The original iBlades came out in the summer of 2016, but that's not really relevant because they're clearly outside of any normal product cycle on that one.

>

I would think they would be due to come out soon. I will probably miss them, because they will not release until the summer :/.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone above said very few pros are bagging the i210, hmmmm ermmm, I beg to differ. Nearly the entire LPGA staff, like literally every single one, except for 1 or 2, is bagging the i210. More of us (my SS is mid 90's, carry a 7 iron 160ish, and am a 12.5 index) should look at what the ladies play. Oh, and Lee Westwood bags them. Last I checked, he was pretty good too! If he could putt, he would have multiple majors.

• Like 1

Until you find your self hitting a 5i with 7500 spin, LOL.

It's just a matter of matching equipment to your swing. Not everyone spins everything the same.

Let's not forget, WRX is not your typical cross section of the golf populace.

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I had the identical experience using the stock shaft in stiff flex. Plenty of spin on the low end of the bag was no problem and offered great control, but 7-6-5 irons were spinning way too much and costing me distance and collapsing gaps.

MS-11, DGX100. {shrug}

It's one reason I switched to a set of Eye2+ for a year, they were quite a bit lower spin for me, and why I've largely not used those irons much since. To be fair, this was during the time I still had some junk in the trunk for a 40-something, and the ball in the test was a Pro V1, instead of the lower spin stuff I was using at the time (One Black, etc). Didn't have any of my own balls with me or I'd have tried something else.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is funny. I appreciate Ping doesn't release a product as quickly as other manufacturers. I also disagree that there isn't a product that doesn't fit between the Blueprint and the i210. The iBlade, which many have said is no longer relevant or current, is a great fit. It's a great iron that slots perfectly after Blueprint and before i500. And you can find the iBlade for super cheap. I would be very impressed if the next iteration of the iBlade is that much better. Many people still game the S55 over the iBlade because of preference. The Blueprint is a tiny blade, but it's such a fun iron to play. I don't get to play much anymore and my handicap has gone up quite a bit, but I still enjoy a round of golf with them. I think there are a lot of golfers out there who would benefit in the long run by playing some blades instead of the juiced up "forgiving" players irons. Learn how to control shots, create spin, take spin off, hit it high and low.

Side note: I'm sleep deprived with 15 month old twins and a 2 month old that never sleeps because of acid reflux. So, if things get jumbled or confusing, I blame sleep.

You had another baby just 13 months after having twins?!?! I had twins a few years ago (3.5 years now), and one of them had hard core reflux. Easily one of the hardest things I’ve ever been through. The idea of adding a new born to the mix makes me scared, and it’s not even mine. You and your wife are either saints or insane, likely both. Cheers to you!

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I talked to my local fitter on Monday who claims to know what's coming before it comes out. He said he is very confident Ping will NOT reveal anything at the PGA show and anything they release next year will be later in the year. He did say that he heard earlier this year that an iBlade 2.0 was in development though.

• Like 1