SuperSpeed Golf training system

Yes, Monday/Wednesday/Friday.

PlaneMate work Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0ย 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I just got a PRGR Red Eyes for $92 shipped. Seems to be fairly accurate for CHS and ball speed.

I don't see any surprising changes between swings. Going all out I never see more than a couple miles an hour difference. Carry distance it reports I question. Carry is calculated by the club you select on the device and ball speed. It uses some standard for launch angle, and spin for that club so lots of room for error.

It shows CHS and ball speed in meters per second but 2.236 x M/s gives you MPH and 2.2 is easy in your head and close enough for me.

It saves the last 500 swings so easy to scroll through and document. For now it will do as an SSR substitute. Seeing the numbers is great motivation.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

I'm not sure what you mean by "speed gate" it is doppler radar from what I understand. Same as PRGR Black sold at https://www.revolutiongolf.com/landing-pages/prgr-pocket-launch-monitor hawked by Adrew Rice and costs twice as much but has instructions in english, not just Japanese. I ran the manual through Google translate and it wasn't that hard to figure out the functions.

I wouldn't know how to trick it. I have placed it behind (DTL) and in front (FO) in golf mode and got the same readings. I haven't even tried the other modes, not interested. Some claim it won't read unless you are hitting a ball but that is not the case. Picks up every swing and seems consistent.

ย 

I did a quickie review here post #23: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/638880/prgr-red-eyes-pocket-radar-for-ball-swing-speed

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

That's not fair... leaving us in the dark over what a "speed gate" is. Come on, cough it up.

Update - today I reached a new goal of 117 mph average driver speed post protocols. I also broke my previous record speed wise with the middle stick from 120 mph last week to 123 mph today. I am attaching my speed template I created in Google Sheets so you can review the data yourselves. If anyone would like the template, just DM me and I can send you a copy to work off of moving forward if you wish to start keeping track of your own speed gains.
When I reach 6-weeks with the Par4 Success method. I will likely try and do a week or two doing the standard 3-stick protocol to shock the system and then probably move back into another 6-week cycle with the middle stick only.
Speed Progress - Template.pdf

I don't have the speed sticks or even a home made version. For speed training I moved to the Par4Success method and weighing some old clubs found a 3W that was about 10% lighter than my gamer 1W. The recorded speeds are quite a bit slower than my 1W but it's an old 3W so it's A LOT shorter. I'm just looking at the speeds going up.

ย 

I will see if I can mock up a speedstick equivalent shape and see how it records those and let you know. It also does soccer, pitching and bat speed so I figured it would pick up just about anything. I saw a YT vid of guys measuring martial arts kicking and punching speed I think but it was in Japanese so not sure of the outcome.

ย 

ย 

very nice spreadsheet and impressive gains. Would be awesome if somebody posted their ball speed gains as well. I just started my journey but i will be posting my ball speed gains as well as distance gains. I don't want to be gaining swing speed if the ball speed and distance is the same. Meaning if my ball speed is going to stay at 160, i would prefer it to be at a swing speed of 108 vs a swing speed of 125.

While it's not an exact science, I've done a comparison of ball speed gains. Now, I didn't document it quite as well as I did swing speed gains (with an Excel sheet after each session), but I have tracked my ball speed for a few years. Keep in mind a few things:

I was going through a Driver change at the time. Ball speeds definitely improved a little, so let's say I gained 3mph from the new Driver.Launch monitor used was the PGA SS 3trak (same one Alex Etches from Golfbox on YouTube uses)Each PGA SS practice bay has the same launch monitor, but to what degree each are calibrated I don't know (I imagine very close)Again, these are not absolute concrete numbers, but they offer a directional conclusion that IT WORKSWhat I noticed is that prior to performing the SSG training at all, I would typically hover around 166-171mph of ball speed (+- 2mph) on the 3trak system, regardless of which stall I was in. This was I started doing the SSG protocols and saw that increase to where I was typically in the low to mid 170s most of the time after a few months of training. I then gained more and seemed to hit a wall where I could never eclipse 179mph. I'd hover mostly between 175-178 during this time. Those are considerable ball speed gains. For reference, I was typically around 138-142 with the green stick at this point.

That was last winter where I had done the SSG consistently for about 2-3 months and then fizzled out for most of the Golf season (Northeast), then picked it back up sporadically where I was doing it every couple of weeks or so. Fast forward to the past month: I picked it back up (2x per week for the past 3 weeks) and have been doing more consistent workouts as well. Keep in mind these are home workouts and not utilizing heavy weights, mostly body weight training. Workouts include primarily push ups, pull ups, semi-weighted squats, triceps extensions, exercise bike at max resistance, etc. Using those same 3trak monitors at the PGA SS during a 30 minute session, I broke 180 five times and hit a PB 185mph.

ย 

Cliffnotes: THE SSG SYSTEM WORKS. I gained both club speed and ball speed using the system alone, and even more when paired with working out. I must recommend the Swing Speed Radar as well so you can track your progress.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5oย - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Anyone have some guidance on how to best turn the SuperSpeed gains into realized club head speed with a ball more efficiently? I can swing 112 without effort now with the swing speed radar, but Iโ€™m not as consistent on the course when it comes to using all my potential speed. I can just as likely hit it 290 as I will hit it 240 (both solid, but down to consistency of swing speed).

Today, mind you I did the protocols this morning so Iโ€™m tired physically, I ranged anywhere from 240-260 carry. This is still great as my bad shots carry farther than my old great shots (240 vs 225), but with the speed Iโ€™m seeing with SSG I should be getting closer to 270+ carry.

Any advice?

I think the best way to maximize your swing speed is to get on a trackman with a certified instructor, they can tell you whether your closure rate or face angle or angle of attack is not optimal as well as your strike point. perhaps the variance in distance is due to a poor strike or angle of attack ? In addition, they can tell you what your optimum numbers will be based on your avg swing speed. If you can swing the club head at 112 on trackman, I think it is reasonable to get 275 carry and 295 overall on a perfect strike.

I will be doing a half day lesson with Dan Carraher (iteachgolf) in January. I imagine this will help me sort most of my sequencing issues or at least get me on the correct path to fixing them if they are present.

I have also started the actual SS golf protocols over instead of the Par4Success protocols. I am going to do the full protocol for 6 weeks and see if I manage speed gains better in terms of transference to the course. I did make some key changes:

I put the speed radar 1-inch in front of the bal versus in line with the ball at a 45 degree angleI put the speed radar 10 inches away versus as close possible without hitting itI am going to swing the fastest version of my actual swing not just go all out hoping that if I can make that swing faster I will see better gains on the course with my actual swingMy hypothesis going into this was that my swings would be slower largely due to less reps (3 versus 5) and my conscious effort to maintain my normal feels. This was largely confirmed after the first session.

Starting speed was 103 mph and ending speed was 108 mph.

Fastest speed with each club: 117 mph (light), 115 mph (medium), and 110 mph (heavy)

Next session is on Monday

You really should swing all out, that's the whole point of the training. You will limit your gains otherwise.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5oย - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Its exciting looking through this thread to see how much speed people have gained through the SS training. I have always been cursed with the slowest of swing speeds. Iโ€™m 6ft 185lbs of muscle, I can lift more than most in the gym but I canโ€™t swing fast to save my life. My track man driver swing is about 95 controlled. Iโ€™m hoping to get to 105 in a couple months.

I did my first day of training on Tuesday. The numbers were dismal compared to this whole chain. Maxed out at 99 on SSR for the Blue. I put the sticks away and though โ€œwhatโ€™s the pointโ€. Then Last night I went into my garage simulator and hit some 7 irons while I watched the Prez Cup. Iโ€™m not sure what my 7 iron swing was before but Iโ€™ve never hit my 7 175 yards and at 88 mph on skytrak....and it felt good, really clean contact.

Does anyone have similar yardage/speed with their 7 and can tell me their Driver swing speed/yardage so I know what to shoot for?

ย 

Don't believe anything Skytrak says for swing speed. It is a derived number not a measured one. If you told me ball speed, launch angle and spin with your 7 iron, and then tell me what your 7 iron is (brand model and length so I can look up loft) I could make a guess for you. I had made myself a little calculator to help me determine the exact thing you are asking for and it is often pretty close to right.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

im built similarly, at 6'1" and 190lbs. Pretty strong* in weight room with max lifts of 365 Bench 450 squat and 475 deadlift. I too am slow as molasses. I generally swing at about 99-102 on a golf course but when i get warmed up i can start moving it at 106-109 just swinging 100% ! As for my 7i, my 102 speed translates to about 85 mph with the 7i. My 7i all out as hard as i can swing goes at about 90-91mph

Im a old ass dude

The gains have not been what I wanted, but they arenโ€™t bad. Going into this 220 of carry was the best I could manage. Now bad shots carry 240. The only thing making me not enamored with my progress is the numbers I reach training and not being able to repeat them where it matters on the course. I have hit 117 with my driver training. I can hit 112 with little effort when training. When Iโ€™m on the course I have something holding me back. Iโ€™m not a ball watcher so it shouldnโ€™t be losing speed due to focus on impact, but I know itโ€™s that or something mental.

I will get there, but I will use this urge, this dissatisfaction, to push me further.

ย 

If you have major swing flaws but get faster, you will be more offline and more often hurting yourself off the tee than ever before. If you have a pretty decent swing and were pretty accurate before, it should just be a matter of practicing swinging faster and faster with your clubs at the range to get your timing down so you can use more of your speed on the course. The faster you are, the more perfect your impact has to be of course so the quest for speed requires a quest for accuracy with that speed as well.

ย 

For me, I have a couple of swing flaws holding me back from being consistent. I have a two way miss too often. I can however, swing hardly at all and keep it in play even with the two way miss (depending on the hole). I am still way out there compared to the average person so I still have the distance advantage over what I used to be. My super easy swing is still loads faster than my all out swing was when I first started my speed gains.

ย 

Hope that helps some.

@clevited I'm not sure if this answers your question but I finally mocked up a club putting a tip on it that looked pretty much like a "speedstick" cylinder. I can't attest to accuracy but the reported speeds were quite consistent so I don't think it had a problem with the shape of the head.

ย 

I would think for speed training consistency would be the most important showing progress.

ย 

Since this device can be used DTL I don't think it has issues with what part of the head it's measuring since the head (or Speedstick) is just moving away and not past.

ย 

I don't have an SSR so I can't compare speed readings of mocked up speedstick or clubs. When using a cheapo Japanese spring loaded speed measuring device that clips onto the club the PRGR and it read nearly exactly the same in M/s every time (I guess I wasted money on the PRGR!). I'm going to rent a bay at a PGA Super Store and do a little testing one of these days. I figure it's $10 well spent.

Thanks for that. You are right that as long as it is consistent it is useful for measuring and acquiring speed increases. I am interested in it more for actual driver speed measurements. The difficulty with a behind the ball unit is it doesn't necessarily measure impact speed. It could be measuring speed at any point along the arc where as you have more control ability over that aspect when set in an area like where SSR goes. Problem is that it will measure toe there.

Since in the instructions the unit can be placed DTL for golf or FO for soccer ball speed I tried some swings FO, no ball, and seemed to get the same slow max speeds I get DTL. Instructions "claim" CHS is just before impact and ball speed is just after impact.

ย 

One thing I have noticed, and seen in reviews, is that for carry distance you can hit some clunkers and it will give some obviously poor readings. If you hit it fairly solid it seems pretty accurate. Most people know when they hit clunkers and ignore the reading. I have a lot of experience.

ย 

OU5QLFVPAJEX.png

Your comment Makes me wonder where it measures for pitching speed?

ย 

FMPCLB6Q28QD.png

Eureka moment yesterday morning.

A reminder to always keep tabs on your grip. I didn't even notice that I had slowly let my golf grip creep up into the palm of my right hand. Two times while swinging the club during the protocols the club slid into the fingers on my right hand and the speed jumped 10 mph on the radar. I took a step back and let my brain work for once and consciously set my grip properly with a focus on the right hand and instantly I was seeing the same speeds as before and even broke 120 more than once. Practiced that afternoon and must say it was nice to go from 145 yard 8-irons to 160 yard 8-irons changing nothing but your grip.

Humans are dumb.