George Gankas Online Coaching

cookszn

Ever since the faults and fixes section and technique forum opened up, the site has been great. You're allowed 2 videos every 5 days, and a GG certified instructor will get back to you within a day and essentially give you an online lesson type write up along with a link to the faults and fixes/match up videos that are most appropriate for you. The idea of getting 2 online lessons per week makes the cost worth it on its own if you're someone who is used to that format.

> @jgard320 said:

> Ever since the faults and fixes section and technique forum opened up, the site has been great. You're allowed 2 videos every 5 days, and a GG certified instructor will get back to you within a day and essentially give you an online lesson type write up along with a link to the faults and fixes/match up videos that are most appropriate for you. The idea of getting 2 online lessons per week makes the cost worth it on its own if you're someone who is used to that format.

Dang, that does seem pretty awesome. Makes me wonder if I should just do that instead of a $200 online lesson

> @kobe123 said:

> > @jgard320 said:

> > Ever since the faults and fixes section and technique forum opened up, the site has been great. You're allowed 2 videos every 5 days, and a GG certified instructor will get back to you within a day and essentially give you an online lesson type write up along with a link to the faults and fixes/match up videos that are most appropriate for you. The idea of getting 2 online lessons per week makes the cost worth it on its own if you're someone who is used to that format.

>

> Dang, that does seem pretty awesome. Makes me wonder if I should just do that instead of a $200 online lesson

Would all depend on whether or not you're comfortable taking next steps without his direct feedback along the way. His site allows for a ton of feedback as you're working on things, and immediately gives you advice or additional steps. But there is something to be said about a lot of detail up front straight from George himself. You'll learn a lot about the swing from the site and the first modules, but you're about 45 days away from being allowed into the technique forum when you sign up.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an interesting article. GG gives the Butch Harmon a lesson on how to correct his low pull or hook by more rotation. Harmon's rotation is not as good as it used to be (with age) so club is passing the body and the low pull or hook is the result. GG gave him some different swing thoughts on how to rotate better. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/what-happened-when-george-gankas-took-a-lesson-from-butch-harmon

He has been anointed as the next GOAT

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Count me down as someone who considers the Gankas membership to be worth every penny. I signed up on Cyber Monday when they had the deal going. I had been on the fence because (a) seems expensive, and (b) I don't often pay $$$ when I don't really know what I'm getting, and © I'm a big-time "tinkerer" and I'm very analytical, and for a long time I thought that the last thing I needed was more swing information to digest. But I signed up anyway on Cyber Monday...I figured the 30 hours of GG Youtube videos I had watched would be easier to digest in a teaching format.

I am only 1/3 of the way through section 3 (the downswing section), and I have already fixed several major problems with my swing. I won't get into the details of the problems I fixed, but I've been working on 3 of them for years with another coach and he has never been able to tell my "why" and "how" to fix them. Within maybe 4 hours of Gankas videos I now know exactly why and how to fix them. Of course I need time to make the changes permanent, but I haven't been this excited about golf in a long time.

There is just so much content, and he covers virtually everything you could think of related to the golf swing, and he gives reasons why he likes what he likes and also tells you where you should feel free to deviate from his model if you wish. It is also very well organized. I've found for me that the well organized overload of information is perfect to satisfy my need for more info and more of the "why" and "how" (and not just the "what").

I too wonder what the subscription model will be next year. I guess I will wait to see what the forums and faults and fixes sections are like to see if I want to "sign up" for $500 annually, but seems like it would be better to go down to something like $100 or 200 annually after you digest all of the content the first year. I would be a "lifetime" subscriber most likely if that were the case. Otherwise I'm likely to drop it earlier...like maybe after my first year.

I’m in the same camp. I’m only in the backswing pivot points section but just changing my set up to his preferred method has given me so much freedom to use the ground and rotate. I can only imagine how it’s going to be once done.

I wasted so much money on lessons from Golftec that just slowed me down trying to get me to look like a tour pro at set up. Butt stuck out, spine stick straight sliding hips forward etc. It looked pretty but I lost a lot of speed. I was averaging 80 mph with my 7 iron then.

After my last range session with his “pingman” set up I was averaging 82-84 mph with a 9 iron swinging to left arm parallel. Full disclaimer I have been working on the super speed golf system as well but the combo of both is eye opening.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been signed up for about a month and have finished the full swing work. It’s been cold and wet so haven’t had a chance to hit the course or range but my swing has shallowed out and become much more rotational. Instead of my shoulders stopping at square and flipping an open face through impact I’m actually rotating through the shot. Posted the link below for a comparison. Still taking the new swing slow but the difference is major.

https://i.imgur.com/hrcZvYf.mp4https://i.imgur.com/UV48rza.mp4

who knows if he actually charges people that, he might though but I saw Sean Foley say he has never charged anyone what they had in the golf digest top 50 list (1,000 an hour), the thing is you can't book a lesson with Sean anyway, he doesn't take on any new players unless your an up and coming or on tour so maybe they just threw some number on the list.

The $800/hour is for new students. Golfers that got in with him at whatever rate are basically grandfathered in. It's not exactly a crazy business practice. I think he works 5-6 days a week from 9am to 5pm. He takes Mondays off and has every other Saturday off.

There's not much he can do about it unless he wants to work ungodly hours. He's certified some instructors that charge far less to help out those that can't afford the new price tag. I booked my lesson with him 6 months in advance. In the end, something has to give.

As far as people staying with GG, as somebody mentioned earlier, it's enough to allow him to charge what he charges. There's always going to be people that leave...either for no good reason or a good reason. Regardless of the instructor.

RH

• 1 month later...

I'd steer clear of georgegankas.com. I've signed up and am really disappointed so far. The first modules were pretty decent but they've completely bogged down. It's like 5 videos of him saying the same thing for each topic.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

• 1 month later...

I've been with the new george gankas training site since day one.

theres some good drills, and information for faults and fixes, or how to match up certain elements of your swing that may differ from his basic stock model. It's pretty expensive, but as far as online training sites go, he goes above and beyond as far as the type of information he's giving you. This is no guff, but from the time I heard about george and started following his gram last year, i dropped my hc 10 strokes in a span of 3 months and flat out played the best golf of my life. nothing he says is obviously going to be a magic bullet, but he's definitely smart as fuck when it comes to the golf swing, and not just at regurgitating his own golf swing, but the understanding of all sorts of swings and how that swing gets matched up to produce optimal ball flights and speed. If I had the chance to spend 500 on online academy or 800 on an in person, i'd definitely go with the lesson though, but because he can immediately diagnose issues in your swing and get you on track within an hour as opposed to just going through the program and maybe not getting the type of feedback you need to know if youre doing it right. But I think If you really pay attention to the info that he's giving out, and practice properly you can definitely get some gains out of it. To anyone who is skeptical because maybe doesnt have major winners in his stable, youre doing it wrong. Winning majors or a million golf tournaments is not something you can teach, but you can definitely teach technique, and his players can really pure it. Heck, my favourite swing of all his guys is johnny ruiz, who struggles on the mackenzie tour, but when you watch him swing, the ball comes off his face in a way that makes me faint lol. I think the coolest thing george does on his site is occasionally he posts videos of the lessons he gives, and his the transformations he gets out of guys are pretty incredible. if online memberships are your thing, then gg is probably the best one imo, especially if you want to learn a deeper understanding of technique.