McCord and Kostis not Returning to CBS

Holy Moses

> @"Snoop Golfie Dogg" said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @"Snoop Golfie Dogg" said:

> > > > @Rangeballz said:

> > > > Commercials are ruining live sports for those attending the events as well. At least golf keeps moving. Go to a football or basketball game (college or pro) and you end up sitting through endless TV timeouts that just kill any kind of flow to the game.

> > >

> > > That's the truth. I started going to college football games on a regular basis back in the 80s. In those days, many of the games weren't televised. It was wonderful to watch a non-televised game in person. Now, every game is either on TV or online which means they all have tons of timeouts due to commercials and instant replay. For the folks in the stands, it makes the game borderline unwatchable. Between TV timeouts and reviews, there is no flow to the game of football (college or pro) any more. I bet college football games are an hour longer now than they were in the early 80s.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not an hour, but yes, not as much fun in the stands with the lengthy breaks.

> >

> > Having said that, attendance is at record levels.

>

> Actually, attendance for college football is on the decline and has been for some time now.

>

> "For the seventh time in eight years, numbers dipped. College football attendance has now sunk to its lowest mark in 22 years. The average college football attendance last season was 41,856 among all 129 FBS programs, the least it has been since 1996."

>

> https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/college-football-game-attendance-still-on-the-decline-why-whats-the-solution-how-does-it-relate-to-uga-football/

Thanks for that!

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @"Snoop Golfie Dogg" said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @"Snoop Golfie Dogg" said:

> > > > > @Rangeballz said:

> > > > > Commercials are ruining live sports for those attending the events as well. At least golf keeps moving. Go to a football or basketball game (college or pro) and you end up sitting through endless TV timeouts that just kill any kind of flow to the game.

> > > >

> > > > That's the truth. I started going to college football games on a regular basis back in the 80s. In those days, many of the games weren't televised. It was wonderful to watch a non-televised game in person. Now, every game is either on TV or online which means they all have tons of timeouts due to commercials and instant replay. For the folks in the stands, it makes the game borderline unwatchable. Between TV timeouts and reviews, there is no flow to the game of football (college or pro) any more. I bet college football games are an hour longer now than they were in the early 80s.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not an hour, but yes, not as much fun in the stands with the lengthy breaks.

> > >

> > > Having said that, attendance is at record levels.

> >

> > Actually, attendance for college football is on the decline and has been for some time now.

> >

> > "For the seventh time in eight years, numbers dipped. College football attendance has now sunk to its lowest mark in 22 years. The average college football attendance last season was 41,856 among all 129 FBS programs, the least it has been since 1996."

> >

> > https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/college-football-game-attendance-still-on-the-decline-why-whats-the-solution-how-does-it-relate-to-uga-football/

>

> Thanks for that!

I don't think this is any indication of the interest in college football. Per the piece, the reason is

"As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi."

> @dalehead said:

> As someone else pointed out the average age of a PGA Tour viewer is 64, the highest of any sport. Second place is the LPGA at 63. Advertisers aren’t exactly tripping over themselves to reach this demographic. Compare this to soccer with an average age of 40 and the NBA at 42. Doesn’t matter what you think of of these sports that’s where the desirable viewers are. Bottom line it probably doesn’t much matter who CBS puts on the broadcasts.

I think it depends on the product as different demographics follow different products.. e.g. you are going to sell many BMW or Mercedes to teenagers and guys in their 50's and 60's aren't really rushing out to get the latest Xbox.

> @bscinstnct said:

> In my experience, women care alot about their eyebrows and having eyes that look like cats.

>

> As for HS, clearly many like the more natural look, I do as well, **but the "kardashian" look obviously sells to the tune of $billions and she is just being smart and doing what she wants**.

>

> It's not like anybody here has any shot with her so what's the difference? ; )

Well let's hope the Leona Helmsley look never catches on...

• Like 1

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

> @Dpavs said:

> > @dalehead said:

> > As someone else pointed out the average age of a PGA Tour viewer is 64, the highest of any sport. Second place is the LPGA at 63. Advertisers aren’t exactly tripping over themselves to reach this demographic. Compare this to soccer with an average age of 40 and the NBA at 42. Doesn’t matter what you think of of these sports that’s where the desirable viewers are. Bottom line it probably doesn’t much matter who CBS puts on the broadcasts.

>

> I think it depends on the product as different demographics follow different products.. e.g. you are going to sell many BMW or Mercedes to teenagers and guys in their 50's and 60's aren't really rushing out to get the latest Xbox.

I've always heard that the PGA Tour has a very desirable demographic for advertisers due to the income/wealth of the average viewer.

> @"Snoop Golfie Dogg" said:

> > @Dpavs said:

> > > @dalehead said:

> > > As someone else pointed out the average age of a PGA Tour viewer is 64, the highest of any sport. Second place is the LPGA at 63. Advertisers aren’t exactly tripping over themselves to reach this demographic. Compare this to soccer with an average age of 40 and the NBA at 42. Doesn’t matter what you think of of these sports that’s where the desirable viewers are. Bottom line it probably doesn’t much matter who CBS puts on the broadcasts.

> >

> > I think it depends on the product as different demographics follow different products.. e.g. you are going to sell many BMW or Mercedes to teenagers and guys in their 50's and 60's aren't really rushing out to get the latest Xbox.

>

> I've always heard that the PGA Tour has a very desirable demographic for advertisers due to the income/wealth of the average viewer.

It’s true they have the wealth. They are also the least likely to be influenced by advertising to change their buying habits. But that’s not the point.

The point is the audience for golf is old and it has been getting steadily older. There is probably no one the networks could bring in that would bring in younger viewers and still maintain credibility with the golf audience.

The current issue is not broadcast personalities, it's platforms. Golf is chasing the gambling crowd, which relies heavily on instantaneous access to information. They want broadcast partners who can provide complete access to all of their product all the time. The traditional golf demographic may be 63 or 64, but the gambling demographic is much younger.

> @dalehead said:

> > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > As someone else pointed out the average age of a PGA Tour viewer is 64, the highest of any sport. Second place is the LPGA at 63. Advertisers aren’t exactly tripping over themselves to reach this demographic. Compare this to soccer with an average age of 40 and the NBA at 42. Doesn’t matter what you think of of these sports that’s where the desirable viewers are. Bottom line it probably doesn’t much matter who CBS puts on the broadcasts.

> > >

> > > I think it depends on the product as different demographics follow different products.. e.g. you are going to sell many BMW or Mercedes to teenagers and guys in their 50's and 60's aren't really rushing out to get the latest Xbox.

> >

> > I've always heard that the PGA Tour has a very desirable demographic for advertisers due to the income/wealth of the average viewer.

>

> It’s true they have the wealth. They are also the least likely to be influenced by advertising to change their buying habits. But that’s not the point.

> The point is the audience for golf is old and it has been getting steadily older. There is probably no one the networks could bring in that would bring in younger viewers and still maintain credibility with the golf audience.

>

>

If the PGA Tour wants younger viewers, then what it really needs is younger people playing the game. And I agree about golf viewers not changing their buying habits. I'm 40, but I've been stuck in my ways since I was about 22. I'll be a curmudgeon soon.

These 2 guys have been calling golf since I've been watching. CBS says they want to cater to the gambling crowd. I don't see how going to the Immelman brothers caters to the gambling crowd any more than these two. I for one think they will be missed.

• Like 1

Callaway mavrik max 10.5

Callaway mavrik max 3 & 5 wood
Ping g30  26* & 30* hybrids
Ping i200 6 - UW

Ping glide 54* & 60* wedges
Odyssey #7 putter

> @dalehead said:

> > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > As someone else pointed out the average age of a PGA Tour viewer is 64, the highest of any sport. Second place is the LPGA at 63. Advertisers aren’t exactly tripping over themselves to reach this demographic. Compare this to soccer with an average age of 40 and the NBA at 42. Doesn’t matter what you think of of these sports that’s where the desirable viewers are. Bottom line it probably doesn’t much matter who CBS puts on the broadcasts.

> > >

> > > I think it depends on the product as different demographics follow different products.. e.g. you are going to sell many BMW or Mercedes to teenagers and guys in their 50's and 60's aren't really rushing out to get the latest Xbox.

> >

> > I've always heard that the PGA Tour has a very desirable demographic for advertisers due to the income/wealth of the average viewer.

>

> It’s true they have the wealth. They are also the least likely to be influenced by advertising to change their buying habits. But that’s not the point.

> The point is the audience for golf is old and it has been getting steadily older. There is probably no one the networks could bring in that would bring in younger viewers and still maintain credibility with the golf audience.

>

>

True but then the viewing age for just about every sport is getting older isn't it? I do get your point though... finding someone with enough appeal to cross generational lines is not easy I would guess.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @"Snoop Golfie Dogg" said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @"Snoop Golfie Dogg" said:

> > > > > > @Rangeballz said:

> > > > > > Commercials are ruining live sports for those attending the events as well. At least golf keeps moving. Go to a football or basketball game (college or pro) and you end up sitting through endless TV timeouts that just kill any kind of flow to the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's the truth. I started going to college football games on a regular basis back in the 80s. In those days, many of the games weren't televised. It was wonderful to watch a non-televised game in person. Now, every game is either on TV or online which means they all have tons of timeouts due to commercials and instant replay. For the folks in the stands, it makes the game borderline unwatchable. Between TV timeouts and reviews, there is no flow to the game of football (college or pro) any more. I bet college football games are an hour longer now than they were in the early 80s.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not an hour, but yes, not as much fun in the stands with the lengthy breaks.

> > > >

> > > > Having said that, attendance is at record levels.

> > >

> > > Actually, attendance for college football is on the decline and has been for some time now.

> > >

> > > "For the seventh time in eight years, numbers dipped. College football attendance has now sunk to its lowest mark in 22 years. The average college football attendance last season was 41,856 among all 129 FBS programs, the least it has been since 1996."

> > >

> > > https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/college-football-game-attendance-still-on-the-decline-why-whats-the-solution-how-does-it-relate-to-uga-football/

> >

> > Thanks for that!

>

> I don't think this is any indication of the interest in college football. Per the piece, the reason is

>

> "As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi."

Exactly. 1000 %. You won’t fond a bigger college football household than mine. My wife watches more games than I do. And we haven’t seen a game in person since 2015. Why ? Why would we ? You can’t get tickets close enough to see anything without shelling out $400 , and my Tv , fridge and john are in close proximities to a cozy living room. Same for golf. Why on earth would I fight for a view ? I have one at home.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @dalehead said:

> > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > @dalehead said:

> > >

> >

>

>

>

The golf demographic has always been old. Some die and they new crop of old takes their place. Why would it change now? Young players are playing. The issue is the growth isn’t where they want it to be. Not that the total number of young players is less. It’s not. More access has made sure its more than say the 1980s-90s. The fat cats just want to make sure they have guaranteed growth. Welll Whoopie. The sure fire way to mess up is to try to turn it into the Mickey Mouse club house by hiring down town Julie brown to talk golf. ( yes I know she’s old now ). But the analogy stands.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > "As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi."

>

> Exactly. 1000 %. You won’t fond a bigger college football household than mine. My wife watches more games than I do. And we haven’t seen a game in person since 2015. Why ? Why would we ? You can’t get tickets close enough to see anything without shelling out $400 , and my Tv , fridge and john are in close proximities to a cozy living room. Same for golf. Why on earth would I fight for a view ? I have one at home.

Price is definitely a factor as many (or most) people can't afford tickets or are too frugal to pay for them.

But, the experience of attending an event live can be memorable and well worth the price of admission.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

> @Fairway14 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

> > > "As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi."

> >

> > Exactly. 1000 %. You won’t fond a bigger college football household than mine. My wife watches more games than I do. And we haven’t seen a game in person since 2015. Why ? Why would we ? You can’t get tickets close enough to see anything without shelling out $400 , and my Tv , fridge and john are in close proximities to a cozy living room. Same for golf. Why on earth would I fight for a view ? I have one at home.

>

>

> Price is definitely a factor as many (or most) people can't afford tickets or are too frugal to pay for them.

> But, the experience of attending an event live can be memorable and well worth the price of admission.

Eh. I’ve been to many. Even some special rivalry games that were sold out. Got in by knowing a student and scoring some seats in the student section. And it sucked. Can’t see , crowded confines , loud , uncomfortable seat , walk 3 miles from parking , wait 2 hours in traffic to leave , etc etc. just not much fun to be honest.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> >

> > > > "As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi."

> > >

> > > Exactly. 1000 %. You won’t fond a bigger college football household than mine. My wife watches more games than I do. And we haven’t seen a game in person since 2015. Why ? Why would we ? You can’t get tickets close enough to see anything without shelling out $400 , and my Tv , fridge and john are in close proximities to a cozy living room. Same for golf. Why on earth would I fight for a view ? I have one at home.

> >

> >

> > Price is definitely a factor as many (or most) people can't afford tickets or are too frugal to pay for them.

> > But, the experience of attending an event live can be memorable and well worth the price of admission.

>

> Eh. I’ve been to many. Even some special rivalry games that were sold out. Got in by knowing a student and scoring some seats in the student section. And it sucked. Can’t see , crowded confines , loud , uncomfortable seat , walk 3 miles from parking , wait 2 hours in traffic to leave , etc etc. just not much fun to be honest.

To each his own. Some of my most cherished memories are from attending sports events. The energy from the crowd, intensity of the football and basketball games, dramatic endings, for golf events seeing up close the players and their routines, shot making etc... is great stuff.

> @Fairway14 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Fairway14 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > >

> > > > > "As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi."

> > > >

> > > > Exactly. 1000 %. You won’t fond a bigger college football household than mine. My wife watches more games than I do. And we haven’t seen a game in person since 2015. Why ? Why would we ? You can’t get tickets close enough to see anything without shelling out $400 , and my Tv , fridge and john are in close proximities to a cozy living room. Same for golf. Why on earth would I fight for a view ? I have one at home.

> > >

> > >

> > > Price is definitely a factor as many (or most) people can't afford tickets or are too frugal to pay for them.

> > > But, the experience of attending an event live can be memorable and well worth the price of admission.

> >

> > Eh. I’ve been to many. Even some special rivalry games that were sold out. Got in by knowing a student and scoring some seats in the student section. And it sucked. Can’t see , crowded confines , loud , uncomfortable seat , walk 3 miles from parking , wait 2 hours in traffic to leave , etc etc. just not much fun to be honest.

>

> To each his own. Some of my most cherished memories are from attending sports events. The energy from the crowd, intensity of the football and basketball games, dramatic endings, for golf events seeing up close the players and their routines, shot making etc... is great stuff.

Basketball is a whole different animal. You generally can see. Football ? You can’t see the ball much less who has it. But I agree. To each their own.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Fairway14 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > >

> > > > > > "As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi."

> > > > >

> > > > > Exactly. 1000 %. You won’t fond a bigger college football household than mine. My wife watches more games than I do. And we haven’t seen a game in person since 2015. Why ? Why would we ? You can’t get tickets close enough to see anything without shelling out $400 , and my Tv , fridge and john are in close proximities to a cozy living room. Same for golf. Why on earth would I fight for a view ? I have one at home.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Price is definitely a factor as many (or most) people can't afford tickets or are too frugal to pay for them.

> > > > But, the experience of attending an event live can be memorable and well worth the price of admission.

> > >

> > > Eh. I’ve been to many. Even some special rivalry games that were sold out. Got in by knowing a student and scoring some seats in the student section. And it sucked. Can’t see , crowded confines , loud , uncomfortable seat , walk 3 miles from parking , wait 2 hours in traffic to leave , etc etc. just not much fun to be honest.

> >

> > To each his own. Some of my most cherished memories are from attending sports events. The energy from the crowd, intensity of the football and basketball games, dramatic endings, for golf events seeing up close the players and their routines, shot making etc... is great stuff.

>

> Basketball is a whole different animal. You generally can see. Football ? You can’t see the ball much less who has it. But I agree. To each their own.

Over the years, at one time or another I've had season tickets to the football of 49ers , the Raiders, Stanford University. For basketball I had Warriors tickets for one full season,, and USF Dons for about 10 years. I have lots of good memories of particular games including some incredible individual athlete performances. For golf I've attended 5 US Open,s, a President's Cup, and dozens of regular Tour events. Usually I follow one pairing around the entire golf course and it's fun to monitor the ups and downs of a round, learn the shot strategy and technique style of the 2 or 3 players within my group etc... Among pro sports I think golf tickets are definitely a great value.

College basketball and football (other than the high profile top ranked teams) are usually a reasonable ticket price and the skill level of play is excellent. These days pro basketball and football tickets are out of my price range, so I rarely attend those games.

> @"the bishop" said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > In my experience, women care alot about their eyebrows and having eyes that look like cats.

> >

> > As for HS, clearly many like the more natural look, I do as well, **but the "kardashian" look obviously sells to the tune of $billions and she is just being smart and doing what she wants**.

> >

> > It's not like anybody here has any shot with her so what's the difference? ; )

>

> Well let's hope the Leona Helmsley look never catches on...

Leona Helmsley, lol, I think it was her that stated in court

Taxes ? Taxes are for the little people ,

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't enjoy either to be honest. Kostis used the Konica Minolta slow mo cam, but rarely could you actually compare it to anything that was done wrong. He would say, "just lifts up a tiny bit with the shoulders." WTF? You need some comparison for that to work and when they did it I liked it. There should be a short tracer on EVERY shot IMO adn let me watch the ball instead of listening to some blowhard.

McCord was not entertaining with his one liners and good riddance IMO.

I like Dottie Pepper on the course and really have enjoyed Bones. What about Steve Williams? Actually rarely does he give takes on golf, would be interesting at least for one tournament.

BTW I can't stand Michael Collins.

• Like 1

i could barely watch the coverage if mccord was talking. i can listen or stand anyone. there isn't an announcer in all of sports that truly irritates me....other than mccord.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

No more Frank Nobilo on Live From, he wont be on GolfChannel at all.https://www.golfchannel.com/video/golf-cenrral-live-pays-tribute-frank-nobilo

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Excellent selection by CBS!

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope