Winter jacket suggestions

Just to add to sizing of Norse 2. I ordered a M and L.. I wear Medium in everything have 40" chest. I think either could work. The medium fits like a pullover fleece would but doesn't seem too tight. The large has a little more room especially if I wore a layer or 2 underneath. Only problem with Large is I find is there is a little more "puff out" at chest/ribs when bent over in position, they both do it because of the full zip I believe. Doesn't seem to be in way, gotta play around with it a little more and decide.

Just got my order in last night. FYI, I'm 5'9", 170 lbs, with a 34 inch waist and a 30" inseam. Keep in mind I have really short arms (33 inch sleeve length). Below is my summary review:

Ping Norse II (Medium, Snorkel Blue) - Nice jacket, but the arms are longer than I would like. Keep in mind than I'm built like a T-Rex, so arm length in garments is a pretty common issue for me. Not sure I would actually use this much for golf, since I doubt I would want to be on the course at the temps this jacket seems to be designed for. Probably should have bought the Norse Primaloft Vest for actual golf use.

Ping Zero Gravity Pants (Size Medium, 29 Inch Inseam) and Ping Zero Gravity Short Sleeve Pullover - Fit perfect, and fold up into a tiny pocket perfect for storage in my golf bag. These were a homerun, and a steal at the sale prices. Will be an awesome Spring/Summer/Early fall rain suit, especially since I can just leave them in my bag without taking up much space.

Ping Knox and Pax (Size Large) - These fit great as well. Can't believe these sweaters were so cheap. the wool is unbelievably nice. Only concern is how long the zippers will hold up, but these will get a lot of use this winter.

Ping Elden (Size Medium) - Fits great. Definitely worth the 20 bucks I paid.

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

I'm not sure if you're going by their description or the real description (zoned vs full insulated). But, as of last night, the full insulated version (the one that TGW is calling zoned was off of the website. It's back on this morning showing inventory for Medium & XL in dark Blue and large in the lighter blue. If one of these is what you are looking for, it might make sense to call them to order and explain what happened. That might help prioritize your order. When I called them on a different matter the other day, it seemed to me as if the people taking orders (handling customer service calls) and the people packing & shipping orders were in the same location as one another.

My Norse II was a medium. Definitely don't feel like it runs that small. The sizing of the jacket just seem slightly off for my body. Medium seems a bit big due to the arm length, but I think a small would most definitely be too snug.

In contrast, the rest of the stuff I ordered (Zero gravity suit in medium, Knox and Pax in large, and the Elden in medium) fits absolutely perfect. I've been looking for a rainsuit like this for ages, and the price was just too good.

Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

Interesting. You had the Norse and Zero Gravity pullover in Medium but the Knox in Large? And they all fit, except for the Norse, but sounds like the Medium was the closest fit. I'm surprised the Knox in Large fit. I was considering the Knox, but they were never available in Medium that I saw. I have the Norse and Zero Gravity pullover in medium, and they are good fits for me.

Looks like the Knox is not available in Large anymore anyway, but I may have to try it if they fit like a Medium in the other jackets.

Couple of my items came in today. I’m 6’4-190 with long arms. I ordered all large. Usually my biggest issue is sleeve length as i need it on the longer side.

The Snorkel Blue Norse was stupid warm but the sleeves were on the shorter side. Shoulder, chest and waist sizing was great but again, the sleeve length was about an inch too short.

The Breaker was really nice looking, didn’t feel particularly warm for very cold temps but would do the job in the fall. The sleeves were just about long enough, maybe a half inch less than ideal. The problem was the shoulders were too tight. Felt like i could come ripping out of the jacket on a swing, haha.

The Elden was my favorite piece. Sleeve length was good, sat tighter on my arms but it extended to where i want to past my wrist and onto my hands. Had a nice amount of stretch and fit tighter on my waist which i like. I wish i ordered a few more colors.

Ill check back in when my Knox and Corey come in.

Ping G430 LST 9* (Ventus TR Red 6X)

Ping G430 Max 3W (Ventus Blue 7X)

TM Qi10 5W (KBS TD70X)

TM P770 4-5i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MC 6-8i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MB 9i-PW (KBS Tour X)

TM MG4 Copper 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

Spider Tour X Single Bend (BGT Stability)

The Pax is really nice. I like it every bit as much as the Knox. I almost didn't grab the zero gravity stuff because I already have a nice, heavier rain suit, but I would be kicking myself now if I hadn't. It always seems to rain during my spring/summer member-guests and tournaments, and it will be awesome to not have to lug a big rain suit around. It's pretty cool how small it folds up when you pack it into its pocket. I can just stuff it into my bag and forget about it.

It's really too bad Ping never was able to get these suits into more stores. I think they would have been a big seller if more people could see these in person (especially how small they fold up).

Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

My Norse II (and two shirts and a pair of shorts) finally arrived yesteday. Can't say that I had any of the sizing issues mentioned here. Size medium, and I def don't have long arms, and it fits perfect. Stupid good deal for that price, really nice jacket. Only thing is I will probably play like 4 rounds a year cold enough for it... oh well.

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 - Ventus TR Blue 6x
3 Wood - Stealth 2+ - Ventus TR Red 7x
5 wood - Paradym TD - Kai'li 80x
hyrid - 22* Ping G425 - Ventus Blue 10x
4i - PW - PX 0317 ST - KBS 130x
50-54-58 - Edel SMS Pro Wedges - S400 TI
LAB Mezz Armlock - LAGP

I am 5'8" and 175 w 43 inch chest, 34 inch waist, and 34 inch sleeve length. Ordered a Norse 2 in Large. The fit is good, although I wish the sleeves were 1 inch shorter. There is room for a base and mid-layer if you needed them.

I also have a Ping Gravity in Large. The Gravity is much tighter in the chest and overall a much trimmer fit.

Norse = American cut. Gravity = European cut.

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternate set: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Would someone please give me the scoop on the Ping Phaser 1/4 zip pullover? How is the fit and is the quality as great as the other items everyone is praising?
@chris975d has provided great detail about these products and he may have already covered the Phaser, but I looked back through the thread and can’t find it.

I ordered a couple of them the other day. But, they are not predicted to be delivered until Thursday. I would not use the size chart on TGW's page. That is the size chart for Polo's. According to PING's website, you need to go 1 size up for other tops. So far, I've found this to be true with everything that I've bought from them. I'm bon the low end of XXL for top & jackets (hoping to get to XL soon). I've bought a lot of things in both XL and XXL. Even the things that are a little larger than others in XXL, are a little bit small on me in XL (hopefully, not for long). If nobody responds and you're willing to wait, I'll reply when I receive mine. But, at these prices and how quickly everything is selling, it's a risk that nothing will be available by Thursday.

The Phaser is the one current PING pullover style top that I personally don't like. It's nothing to do with the fit (fit is similar to the rest of the tops...will run about a size smaller), it's the look in person. Was the one piece during rep showing that I saw and instantly said "meh" on. I don't like that horizontal line/quilting look, and it's a look that most people won't look that great in. Even the male model in the catalog is made to look...frumpy...chunky...by it. It would take an almost perfect, zero body-fat/long and lean body to really look good in this one. And considering that's almost the exact opposite of the average buyer for me, I never stocked it for that reason. When people look bad trying on a garment, they don't usually buy it.

Thanks you @Bill Broderick for your reply and I would appreciate your feedback once you receive the Phaser pullovers. Thank you very much @chris975d that is exactly the input I was looking for. I’ve got a couple pairs of Adidas 365 pants coming next week and if they don’t fit, I’ll be returning for something else.

My Knox came in. It does run a little small but indeed has a huge amount of stretch so i could probably get away with it because like i mentioned, my sizing is a struggle with regards to length. Not sure what I’ll do with it.

The Coreys were good. Nice material and sleeve length is longer than most of the Ping items i ordered. The waist is pretty wide and messy so it’s not a shirt i could wear untucked but will work perfectly on the course when tucked in.

Ping G430 LST 9* (Ventus TR Red 6X)

Ping G430 Max 3W (Ventus Blue 7X)

TM Qi10 5W (KBS TD70X)

TM P770 4-5i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MC 6-8i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MB 9i-PW (KBS Tour X)

TM MG4 Copper 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

Spider Tour X Single Bend (BGT Stability)

The Elden is long. I measured my size Small to be 26 inches in length (from the base of the collar to the hem). But, it works for me, since, it bunches up around my hips, so that, it doesn't hang straight down. A size M is 28 inches in length (tgw web site).

And, like Vnutz, I find the sizing a bit odd, though, I think it is designed to account for the stretch. It is quite snug for me, particularly around the shoulders. The fit of theElden - size small is very similar to Kjus Dexter -size 48 for me. ymmv

Zoned is just a vest with sleeves, and the sleeves aren’t insulated at all. If the sleeves are shirt sleeve thin, then it’s the Zoned (but your hang tag already confirms this). Also, the stitching on the body slants in a straight line downward toward the zipper. In the fully insulated model, the stitching zig zags across the body.

Got the Norse vest today in Large. Seems very nice (haven't tested it yet in the elements). Might have been able to get a Medium (I'm 6'2", 175 pounds). On that front: Where do people stand on a a vest like this when worn with a long-sleeve fleece? Is the vest always on the inside, outside, or either?