2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

How Do I Handle This

Lobber

Sold a set of irons to a member and received payment after hours on Friday night. Member said he wanted them Monday morning. Busted my a** to Priority Express them for Monday and provided racking info. Member had said he was having another set built but wanted these before he received his new clubs. Clubs were delivered today at 242PM but member refused shipment. Member sent me message demanding a refund for full price because they did not arrive in morning but at 242 PM. Said that his clubs being built were near ready. I’m sensing a Case of buyers remorse. Want to do the right thing here but don’t appreciate being jerked around. For me it’s not about the $300 less PayPal fees and additional $38 I spent to Priority Express Mail them. It’s about a buyer changing their mind. I’ve got a pretty good track record of selling and buying here and value that. What to do?

I know at least one thing to do. Out the member so we can all avoid him.

• Like 3

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

Tag the buyer so we can get their side. From what we know at this point, I agree with OP that something seems off here and possibly some buyers remorse. It is just so odd that someone would buy irons on the condition that they needed to be delivered within such a specific time frame that a few HOURS makes a difference as to whether or not they will keep them. On top of that, why buy new clubs if you have having some built that will be ready the same day...?

Good luck getting this resolved...it sounds like it won't end cleanly.

Buyer seems very demanding. You went above and beyond to ship the irons out via express on your one dime when you could’ve shipped priority or ground at a cheaper rate. Very inconsiderate of him to request such a thing, kinda like that guy who cracked his Ping head.

Hopefully he comes to his senses about what you went through to get the irons to him on that specific day (time of day was not agreed upon).

He should fully reimburse you for the shipping cost plus PayPal fees you incurred for this horrible transaction. And I think this is pretty fair.

• Like 1

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

If you do end up refunding the buyer - I would also expect that they pay for the clubs to be returned (if that enters into the equation), shipping the same way you did - or, if they are not sent back promptly (he did refuse the package), you are out several days (maybe?) while waiting for them to return, then you need to inspect them to ensure no damage. 

Ugh, this is a real first.

Easiest solution is to ask for $38 back in exchange for a full refund. I believe if you refund a buyer's purchase through PayPal the PayPal fees are refunded to you, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a fascinating one and I really do want to hear the buyer's side. Did he say something like, "I want to buy these irons but only if you can get them to me Monday morning."? If the seller agreed to that sale, then yes, the seller did not meet his end of the bargain. Of course, I have absolutely no idea WHY the buyer would only agree to the purchase on that condition. Seems a bit... insane. I can envision a scenario where emergency clubs were needed for a trip or a match or something, but I'd think that the BST would be the worst place to find a set on short notice.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

First the buyer should have been responsible for paying if he anything other the standard shipping. Believe next day means they guarantee it’s here by the end of that day they don’t guarantee a time. Sounds more buyers remorse he definitely wouldn’t be getting back the $38 and if no damage to the clubs he would be paying to ship back as well

• Like 1

Can I take a wild guess at how long the buyer has been a member, and how much they participate in the forums?

You have a duty to invite the member here and explain his side of the story. And personally, if he chooses not to participate, he should be removed from BST. It’s not retail, plus this sounds a little scammy.

• Like 2

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Call out the member, and then deduct $38 from his total he sent you as soon as you have them back in hand. Maybe even deduct how much in gas and time it cost you to rush ship them for him.

I know my time is worth at least $80 an hour.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

If its the guy who posted "PM sent" in the OP's latest ad its a long time member who only posts in the BST and I doubt he will weigh in here.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Just to add. If I sold something on Friday night conditional upon delivery Monday(unless they are being picked up/dropped off directly) I would pass on the sale. Too many tings dependent upon someone else.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I'm thinking along these lines as well. If you both agreed that the deal was conditional upon you shipping priority express on Friday night then you completed your end of the deal. If the deal was conditional upon him having the clubs by noon on Monday then its a different story, and not something that is realistic given the lack of control you have in USPS deliveries. Need some more info on exactly what you guys agreed on.

Appreciate the responses. Don’t want to put anyone yet. Sent him tracking info on Saturday and again Sunday. No response. Then out of the blue last night he refuses because they were not there Monday and said his irons that were being built would be ready. Sends a number of demanding and threatening me with legal action. Really? Paypal is reviewing case now. Normally I’d refund the money and call it a day but frankly don’t like this members unprofessional and harassing approach. And no money being refunded until clubs are returned to me. Happy Holidays all

• Like 1

So if he drops his dispute are you just going to quietly move on and let others members have to deal with a potentially sketchy buyer? I have said in the past but if a case gets to the DND folder both parties should be identified at the outset.

• Like 2

Please invite the buyer to this thread. I don't want to sell clubs to someone who will threaten me with legal action. This sounds sketchy as hell (or a one-sided take on the transaction).

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Please post the buyers username ASAP. This is a simple "protecting the field" gesture. You went above and beyond to delivery in a timely manner.

Lesson learned, paying for morning delivery for any overnight service is typically cost prohibitive and sometimes simply not possible if they live outside a major metro area.

I dont understand why Op’s post threads like this then for some reason don’t want to help other members out and let them know what people not to be doing buisness with cause it’s during this time they want to conceal there identity that the buyer could do the same thing again to someone on here. I say if your not going to make these guys known to help protect others then don’t waste time posting these threads

• Like 2

To be completely honest, I don't appreciate being used as leverage in a potential PayPal dispute. And it feels that way every time someone comes here and lays out a BST horror story and then won't give up the name of the person in question. If you're not here to help out the field, why in the holy F do you think I want to take my time to help you out?

• Like 3

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Totally agree. This is almost as bad as the guy who came in a couple weeks ago, wouldn't out the guy and then gave in to the partial refund scam and we never heard from the OP again. Or the guy who only identified the seller after bing lied to 3 times and discussed with the mods. And we all know there are more examples. I've said multiple times that if you are posting one of these stories in DND the other parties id should be required in the first post. It should be a rule.

• Like 1