2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Game Golf PRO

Welp, when I returned the unit and provided proof, they said the refund would be provided to me in seven business days ... it's past seven business days now, and no refund. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm disappointed because the series of emails they sent me during the return process was giving me hope. I'm glad I haven't cancelled the protest with my CC company.

• 3 weeks later...

I see all these complaints about the live and pro versions. I am still rocking the OG GameGolf unit. Why not just stick with that product? If their new stuff isn't working, just use the old stuff!

I don't see how it's sustainable for them though. I paid like $150 a few years ago but since then haven't given them a dime. Unless they're selling millions more units to run their servers...

• Like 1

Agree, I think their business model isn't one which can be sustained. People are very used to paying yearly fees for online services.. Sell the hardware at cost, and get 5 bucks a month or $40 / year. I think they dropped the ball out of the gate. No way you can sell this many pieces of hardware, as there aren't many improvements you can make to the hardware itself to make it worthwhile to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the "Live" version and used the app for it's nice GPS. I could manually enter shots no problem if I didn't want to wear the badge/tag clubs. I tried the Pro Version and it was not responsive. GameGolf customer service is virtually non-existent and they never answer the phone. Thankfully I was able to part with the Pro model on eBay. It just wasn't worth the hassle.

• 1 month later...

Still love my Game Golf unit. As far as sustainability goes, they should start selling advertising slots in everyone's GG newsfeed. I would totally understand, and they have a highly qualified audience for advertisers to reach.

Side note - finally carded an eagle in a round I was using GG with. Fun stuff and great way to share the shot with friends.

OBCBY4HNTFEQ.jpg

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

Well, if you think about it GPS is a dumb and free technology. All they did was write the app software and get the tags designed , which those are not even their patent, as there are lots of designers of the tags.

to pay Arccos $99 a year for the subscription is kind of robbery, since arccos isn’t doing anything special either. The only cool thing about arccos is their batteries now last 5 years and then you throw them away. The new batteries do not need to be changed and also some are integrated into the grips.

so at least arrcos is innovating .i think they will eventually win this space like the blu Ray DVD player did. Overall I think they are both bad options for the consumer as they both leave a lot to be desired, using free gps tech and arccos charging subscription fees.

but to a golfer in America , $99 is chump change. They’ll drop $999 a year just at club champion getting advice from Jerry who’s golf background is taking a 2 hour course on how to upsell.

lol

• 3 months later...

So is GameGolf officially out of business? Their website has been down for almost a week...

E7TAKO75Y4CL.png

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Well, as far as I know, their website still works, I am able to sign in and see my stats. But I can't play yet due to the virus, so I can't see if I can upload a round.

But, going through their site, some of the links are broken and some of the info hasn't been updated since 2018.

Using Google Streetview, the building at their address looks interesting.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

Titleist TS2 10.5*

Titleist 917F2 15*

Titleist 818H1 19*

Titleist 716 AP2 4-P

Vokey SM7’s: 50.12F, 56.14F, 60.08M

Odyssey Black Series 3

Round things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

Due to the virus, our course isn't supplying scorecards. So I broke out my OG Game Golf Classic I was able to upload a few rounds before I could no longer connect to the database on their server. Then I got the message they were down due to maintenance. I have been able to upload rounds since the 7th.

653 Bryant Street, San Francisco Maps

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

Titleist TS2 10.5*

Titleist 917F2 15*

Titleist 818H1 19*

Titleist 716 AP2 4-P

Vokey SM7’s: 50.12F, 56.14F, 60.08M

Odyssey Black Series 3

Round things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

Their Twitter account hasnt sent anything out since late 2018. Thats just ludicrous IMO.

FWIW I dont know if Arcos is any good or not but I would happily pay their annual fee. I've done a complete 180 on fee based products in the last ten years or so, going back to my first SkyGolf product. A fee based system - while the consumer may not like it - builds in some sort of revenue stream for the company going forward. For a company like GG, their model never made sense. $100 for a unit you could use indefinitely and never pay them more money.

I actually loved the OG product, it was simple, the tapping got to be second nature, I liked everything about it. I do NOT want to sign on to any system that requires me to have my phone in my pocket or synched up to my phone - or anything like that. Not interested.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

if you have apple watch then Arccos will work without a phone in your pocket.

If not, wait until end of year and it will have links system.

another option is Golf Padtheir app is awesome. but they have same tagging system and like you said, without continuing revenue coming in, it's bound to fail. At least their app has subscription model.

I have the original gg tags in my clubs and belt unit and it still works great and has improved my game. I have managed to get the numbers of my average distances for each club that has quickened my club choice on the course and i slip it into my psr. Has for the customer service the best route is their facebook page, i had to buy a few additional tags and the belt clip after the spring broke off. They were very good getting back to me though despite the time difference between the UK & US.

I ended up getting Arccos, just installed them, and their tagging is a DREAM. Took me about 3 minutes to tag my whole bag.

I'm also not big on having the phone in my pocket, so I'm going to be experimenting with it in my bag very close to my shots (I walk and carry) to see how that works. I'll figure something out, I guess. First round with the sensors is tomorrow ... looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we're watching the death throes of Game Golf. I can and am still uploading rounds to their database using the Windows program but their customer service site is dead and check out their Contact Us page now. My Game Golf news feed stopped notifying me when someone I follow posts a new round like a month ago.

So the question becomes can we download our data from Game Golf and if so, how? We might not have much time to do it before they officially pull the plug on everything so a timely answer here would be greatly appreciated.

39VIHVV9LEXD.png

Can't upload and can't even access my Dashboard today - something about not being able to connect to their database. I would go along with a moderate annual fee to keep it up and running as opposed to having to switch to Arccos for several reasons. One of which is the fact that you get 18 tags with GG so if you have clubs you switch in and out of your bag you can permanently assign a tag to each.

• Like 1

I would be down with an annual fee, too. Unfortunately, they never even offered it. I also suggested advertising in the Game Golf feed.

Looks like they're just folding. No announcement or anything.

For what it's worth, Arccos works like a dream ... exactly like I'd hoped that GG Pro was going to work. I don't like having the phone in my pocket, but I'm making due. Also, the company says that the belt clip GPS dongle will be available in about a month or two, and the FB group (which is active and helpful) doesn't seem to not believe them. Additionally, their tech support is amazing ... direct answers to the questions you've asked, even questions you might not think they'd want to answer.

• Like 1

I was considering Arccos but the battery thing is a non-no for me. They say it is a five year battery, guaranteed for two. However, I found that the 5 year deal is based on 50 rounds per year! Being retired, I play 250 rounds in less than a year and a half and to make good on the guarantee you have to send the sensors back. I doubt that they would all die at the same time so I would be sending one, two or a few back at a time during the warranty period and not be able to use their system in the meantime. I am not going to buy a backup set of sensors. I wonder if the replacement sensors would come with another warranty period, something I would doubt.

I have decided to go with Golf Pad to replace my Game Golf Classic. It is similar in functionality, no batteries and uses NFC so you have to keep your phone in your pocket and tap it like the belt worn device from Golf Game. However, the app is much better and the analytics are impressive. Add to that the fact that the tags are about $100, the app is free and the annual subscription for the premium features is only $20.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally read through all this, being a user of the GG Pro myself. Or should I say I was a user. Interesting that everybody in my GC who used the GG device feels betrayed - and I will finally throw the damn thing into the garbage. As most of you already did months ago...

Interesting though, that no other company has come up with a solution the just works fine - I don't understand what's so hard to build tags with replaceable batteries, use GPS combined with whatever is accurate for tracking and making a great belt-device. For what I can see there is a huge market out there for a thing like that.

I'm giving up tracking my shots and rather spend it for Pro lessons. I have been using the GG Classic device for a long time and was quite satisfied with it. Funny to see a company with a great product bringing out a product that does not work at all and therefore ruining itself. Very strange.

Also, does anyone use Bebrassie and their app "Fore"? You have to do a lot after the round (like picking the right club etc.) and it costs about 7 € / month - but after 5 rounds I find it at least working.

But - I'm done with tracking thanks to all the hassle with GG Pro...