Poor service from Ping - Broken Driver - Know before you buy

124»

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golfboy123golfboy123 South Carolina 664WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 664 Golden Tee

Ping has the best customer service of any manufacturer out there.

Posted:
  • WristySwingWristySwing  482WRX Points: 277Members Posts: 482 Greens

Sorry but those GG employees were just trying to rile you up. As another poster commented previously, I also have done 100s of return authorizations for vendors. In my experience I have never had a customer service rep tell me to just grab a club off of the rack and hand it over as a replacement and they will in turn get me another one. This is from any OEM, mind you, not just Ping. I've sold a brand new Cleveland driver on a Thursday, have it break on a Friday and when I call CS to get a shaft warrantied they want the customer's receipt to prove its real along with sending it back for inspection for any misuse; a several week process where I live as it has to be shipped cross-country.

If we do what you propose, that means I am down one driver for about 3 weeks that I don't have the potential to sell, and I've effectively just given something away for free in case they don't actually cover it. If this scenario had played out and you got a brand new driver and the GG called you 3-4 weeks later that Ping denied your claim and to please bring the new club back, what do you think the success rate of that is going to be? Like probably less than 10% of the customers are actually going to bring it back, and if they do, it's not going to be in "new, selling" condition anymore anyway.

Posted:

Mizuno ST200G driver - Diamana RF 65 | Cobra SZ Tour Big 3 wood - Diamana BF 75 | Cobra SZ Tour 5 wood - Diamana ZF 85 | Titleist TS2 7 wood - Diamana DF 85 | Callaway Apex '19 5H - Diamana Thump 95 | New Level 1031 6-PW - Accra 110i | Ping Glide 3.0 GW - Accra 123i | Taylormade Hi Toe SW & LW - Accra 123i | Bettinardi or Scotty | Always Lamkin grips

• DFS PFDDFS PFD  1498WRX Points: 712Handicap: 1.8Members Posts: 1,498 Platinum Tees

Removed sarcasm

Posted:
    SIM 8* Ventus Black 6X
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    L.A.B 2.1 

• CDMCDM  1976WRX Points: 244Members Posts: 1,976 Platinum Tees

WAIT....what forum we on??? You have a 3 year old driver? You my friend are not a true WRX'er. 😁

Posted:
  • dubogeydubogey  537WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 537 Golden Tee

If WRX had dumbest post of 2019 I’d vote for this one. Ping G?!?!? Get real dude

Posted:

Advertisement
  • mneumannmneumann  383WRX Points: 102Handicap: 2Members Posts: 383 Greens

Since people are still replying, an update for anyone who cares.

I took the driver back to the same store a week ago and asked them to send back to ping to see what they could do.

Got a call back that same afternoon and ping said they could now sell me a g410 for cost.

So obviously they have no real process in place, as a month ago they said I had to send the driver back for inspection, and now they figure out how to make a determination without seeing anything.

Whatever, I'm over ping anyway at this point. But if they could've helped me out with this resolution when things happened a month ago they would've had a customer for life.

Keep on thinking they have awesome service if you want to.

Posted:
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Minnesota 1934WRX Points: 448Handicap: 13.0Members Posts: 1,934 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
    Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
    Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • I'_rather_be_golfingI'_rather_be_golfing SL,UT 507WRX Points: 40Handicap: 11Members Posts: 507 Golden Tee

Lmao, it’s all you man. Has nothing to do with Ping customer service. Even when Ping tried to take care of you then and now. Ping couldn’t help you from the get go. Is cause you wouldn’t allow them to by sending in your driver from the get go. For whatever sob story you have. Nothing was stopping you from sending in your busted 3 year old driver. But you still have issues as if Ping did you wrong. It’s obvious it’s all you.

Posted:
  • LPSISCOLPSISCO  376WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 376 Greens

Poor Ping is missing out on a customer who will play a driver for 3 years, then trade it in for a new driver at Ping’s cost? Oh my, how will they ever survive?😂😂

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Viktoryred3Viktoryred3 Just playing the game...  237WRX Points: 74Handicap: 8Members Posts: 237 Fairways

OP must’ve thrown tantrums growing up in order to get his way....if you haven’t noticed that’s not how the real world works, pal. I’d have laughed in your face, had you come to me with these crazy demands. Donkey.

Posted:
  • mktroutmktrout  208WRX Points: 116Handicap: 6.4Members Posts: 208 Fairways

LOL at thinking Ping is at fault. You definitely give your kids a cookie when they didn't eat dinner cuase they are crying so much.

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 - GD Tour AD DI 60 S
    Taylormade M6 3 Wood
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17*
    4-GW PXG 0211 w/ Oban 115 S
    Taylormade Hi Toe 54*, 58*
    Scotty X7M
    Bridgestone BRX

• AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76  1671WRX Points: 235ClubWRX Posts: 1,671 ClubWRX
    Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East Bay 8902WRX Points: 2,552Members Posts: 8,902 Titanium Tees

Lol. I bet if you had just had the shop send it in immediately the outcome would have been the similar. Ping Likely needs/wants the customer to initiate the process before they act, to weed out cheapskates/scammers trying to get something for nothing. If you passed on trading a driver 3+ year old driver worth $50 for a new LST at cost, lol.

Posted:
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX  3806WRX Points: 552Members Posts: 3,806 Titanium Tees

Ping 1 - OP 0

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

Advertisement
  • blackngold_bloodblackngold_blood Golf Ball Whacker Guy  1126WRX Points: 123Members Posts: 1,126 Platinum Tees

So we are suppose to think that Ping has poor customer service when you didn't give them a real chance to do anything for you in your time frame. Then a few weeks later you take the club back to the same store and have them ship it back to Ping. In less than 12 hours (you stated that same afternoon) they call with the offer of buying a new g410 driver at cost. Yep that sounds like you should report them to the BBB!

To quote a famous Scarecrow:

Posted:
    WITB

Work in progress and will be updated after St. Andrews!!

Ball: OnCore Elixr
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath  1910WRX Points: 654Handicap: ~9Members Posts: 1,910 Platinum Tees

mneumann, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Posted:

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER  2263WRX Points: 145Members Posts: 2,263 Platinum Tees

Like others have said, what Ping is offering is more than acceptable. It is no longer under warranty, so it you want something you are going to need to send it to them. Once they look at it, they could offer a nice discount on a current driver or even send you a head no charge. But there are a lot of fake Ping drivers out there and they are going to need to verify the driver is not a fake. Fakes are more prone to crack, so they need to look at it before offering anything. Also the timing certainly sucks but there is nothing that can be done about that.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6
    Callaway Epic Forged 5 - GW with Project X Catalyst 60 5.5 soft stepped once
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Palm Beach
    Callaway Chrome Soft
This discussion has been closed.