Need new hybrid shaft

Z1ggy16

Currently in TZ6 but after just getting fit today for my wedges... It's all but confirmed I strongly prefer softer handle profiles after getting fit into S400 (modus wedge 125 was runner up, modus 120 in irons).

I've been really used to the "blue" profile in my wood and hybrid but I tend to over power them a little bit at times, and the firmer handle can sometimes encourage me to yank on the shaft a bit. The diamana B works fine in my fairway but the Accra feels far too butt stiff. Fwiw, shafts like Rogue silver, Atmos black and Tour green are stinkers for me. I know they kind of fit the bill but I've tried them and it didn't work.

Tz5, pro white and evenflow black are on my short list. Any other suggestions??

KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype?

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport (1998) - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

"Need a new hybrid shaft"

Uh yeah dude, me too. I'm about to get it tattooed on my neck they way this search is going.

The EF black is nice but it's butt stiff. See if you can find an EF White to swing -- it's a stock option for Titleist. I'd bring up the ADDI but I know we have our own issues w them.

Hmmmm never hit the kbs. What's the weight range on it? Ideally I'd be in the 90-95g range when cut down. I need a bit of weight... Not necessarily super stiffness but I'll get a little too handsy in the lighter ranges.

Huh, never thought of the white. I've used the ef black in a fairway... It was pretty good, I didn't feel like the handle was overly stiff. But.. I know hybrid shafts and wood shafts may not act the same.

Edit: looks like it only comes as a hybrid shaft specially for the TS hybrids? Can't find any stand alone shafts.

Oh I thought you liked it aside from them breaking. The DI is stiff tip, soft mid and butt. That's basically what I want. You could also consider the UST Recoil prototype and the MCA OT hybrid. Both look like they have profiles similar to the s400. The EF White is Titleist only for now but you can find it in fitting carts or pulls pretty easily. They have a 90g and a 100g.

I actually used the by You shaft for a few weeks this season after I gamed the ust proto shaft. It was smoother for sure but I was struggling with timing...perhaps it's very counter balanced or tip heavy? Thump is also a contender... I tend to buy used shafts when I can and it's hard to find these for discount. I've hit thump in the past and at the time, it gave good results. For the others, I don't know much about them, so I will look, thanks.

If I still bagged a hybrid, the Veylix Rome would be the first choice. The Thump has the better "butt soft" feel you prefer while the Speeder is a flat out performer. The Veylix is a fantastic combination of the two.

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

I can tend to over power (some) stiff handled shafts because the feeling of a stout/firm section under my hands makes me swing harder/more aggressive because I don't feel the shaft working as much for me. I can lose dispersion this way... I've used the non pro tensei hybrid and while it felt fine, I ballooned the crap out of it and all I could hit was big sweeping draws if I didn't. I do like my Diamana B in the 4w, but I think the PB is probably one of the most stiff handles, which for now, I want to work away from.

Maybe. The S+90 in X flex is really hard to come by... The D+ may be more up my alley depending on the profile.
Honestly I just want to get fit but my ball striking is not going to be in top form right now in the winter and my speed is down...I need something to bridge the gap between now and when I do decide to get fit. @Howard Jones , you've saved me and many of us in the past on making bad buying choices.... do you have any advice? Looking for a shaft that is going to feel like modus 120/ S400 for my hybrid. Softer handle but not insanely stout/harsh in the mid/tip. Rogue silver, tour green, and Atmos are bad choices...

The KBS Hybrid Prototype seems like the ticket to me. Here are the EI profiles; KBS in red, S300 in gold.

GX7UG686850P.jpg

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

As far as I can tell the profiles are the same for all weights, unlike something like Steelfibers.

I overlay the profiles myself in Photoshop. I'm not sure if the more expensive subscriptions allow something like this to be honest, I don't have one. Updates seem pretty slow but I imagine that varies based on time of year and product cycles.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Bridgestone 

On the cheaper end, what about either the Aldila R.I.P. ALPHA or R.I.P. Phenom hybrids (link below)? Solid performers and can be had really cheap. R.I.P. ALPHA Hybrid | ALDILA® R.I.P. PHENOM Hybrid | ALDILA®

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

Cool. Now to decide if X or S+ is the right call... I've always found KBS shafts to play a bit stiff to flex... exceptions might be the lighter weight steel. I hit the kbs 610 and hi rev today in my fitting and both felt harder to load than S400 or Modus. I'm not sure if harder to load = more CPM or just a more linear profile but... I Wasn't a huge fan. I'd maybe lean S or S+ with the proto even though I'm like 108 right now with driver.

I cant make a direct compare of HYBRIDS to IRONS since uncut length is different, so i would have to re-do all numbers and get a estimate only, and thats no good.

The only numbers i have where Hybrids is measured like they was irons is for PX Blue Hybrids, the same shaft i play myself.

Im not up to date with the latest models out there either, so what you ask for is not something i feel comfortable about giving you a "correct" answer on.

I still play PX Blue Tour Issue Hybrids, who is in direction of the LZ model (more feel of load and release vs the standard steel version) and i never had a better match for me, and it was the favorite among both PX and DG players when i had my shop up running. Here is the Zone profile numbers i have for PX and DG as compare since you mention DG - All numbers is from Tom Wishons shaft DB

42CSXWMM6ASG.png

MJXMF35ZM0IX.pngMODUS 120 is NOT comparable directly to DG, its very weak at butt and a weak zone at 12"-16" up from the tip (forced bend point)

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

Yeah most any KBS offering is going to be more linear than something like the S400 and definitely the Modus 120, which as @Howard Jones said has a very soft bend point in the center. The Modus 120 is a serious outlier in terms of most steel shafts. Howard's suggestion of the PX Hybrid shafts is definitely worth a try given that they can be had so cheaply in eBay.

Bridgestone 

My memory is a bit rusty, but if i recall right, we moved all zone numbers by 2-2.6% when hard or soft stepping this Hybrids (more or less tip trim than suggested), so for a DG S300 player, both PXH 5.5 hard stepped or 6.0 Soft stepped could be used. For that price they can be found now, (below most steel shafts for irons, or about 20 USD on the bay), its really a no brainer for all who does club making them self and seek a LOW/MID profile.

This compare WANT BE correct, since ive used FLAT 2.0% softer or stiffer on all zones, but thats NOT how it works real life since we move each sone, but it does give the picture, and it seems "right" and how i remember them when we compared them for DG players...Ive redone the numbers for PX hybrids as SOFT stepped, strait in and hard stepped, and put the DG option "strait in" where they ends up over all. Its DG steel vs PX BLUE Hybrid

So compared to S300, A PX 5.5 Hybrid Hard stepped once will have the same mid to tip (close to), but softer upper mid and butt section

PXH 6.0 SS1 goes a little stiffer on the MID section, but still softer on the upper mid and butt.

PXH 6.0 strait in is a tad softer only at its butt, and slightly stiffer on the MID to upper tip section vs S300.

If we want a deeper analyze of them, we need Hosel specs on the irons vs the Hybrid (BBGM and insert) since that might change how much butt section there will be in play and how much of the tip section we block from flexing so we cant see the shaft above the hosel.

FLWGVI2QZVLA.png

Hybrid tip trim is 0.0" for H1, 0.5" for H2, 1.0" for H3 and 1.5" for H4 so you simply move the numbers and tip trim like it was 1 club longer than it is, the higher head weight takes care of the rest.

H1 is considered to be 227-229 grams with this tip trim instructions, then plus 7 for each head shorter, so put the head on a gram scale (dont forget the connector if any)

My DB dont have that many hybrid shafts, and is a few years old, so it dont have all the latest models out there.(non of them you asked for)

Yes, this would be a cheap experiment... I see a 6.0 new on eBay for $20 :'D just need to find some more adapters....

And what is H1?? If H3 is 19* and H2 is 17*..... a H1 is 15*??? Have never seen that in my short time buying/selling/building clubs. Either way... seems like thats irrelevant if 227-229 is the non tipped head weight. I'll put my head on my scale in a few minutes. I have lead tape on it... meaning to hot melt it but I wager it comes in at least 1-2 "clubs" heavier. I did this for swing weighting though because the TZ6 seems pretty counter balanced. Is the PXh CB'ed? I know in another thread you were posting screen shots of balance points of many shafts... not sure if this made the lists or not. Thx as always.