Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

1272829303133»

Comments

• cbbaroncbbaron Quincy Mass 1164WRX Points: 186Handicap: 9.1Members Posts: 1,164 Platinum Tees

Worse that that these fathers have their kids playing blue tees along with them and lets just say sometimes I wait 5 shots before I get to to swing

Posted:
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- Pw Mizuno HMP Nippon Modus 120
    50  Vokey 50 Sm7 F grind
    54  Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    58    Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • klebs01klebs01  445WRX Points: 92Handicap: 3.2Members Posts: 445 Greens

Not sure where you are from, and the father's may be delusional, but almost anyone can play high school golf. I didn't have a real set of clubs until tryouts my freshman year, an made my first legit birdie of my life during the qualifying rounds. Ended up making the freshman team that year. Improved and played varsity and a semester in college. You might want to relax on your criticism of those kids.

Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2414WRX Points: 653Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 2,414 Platinum Tees

Correct, if you are willing to commit there is a place on my team regardless if you average 66 or 106. I love any kid who has a passion and work ethic to want to be better.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS
  • Broke100Broke100  78WRX Points: 22Members Posts: 78 Fairways

When you duff your first drive slow rolling your specially chosen first ball into the short rough just past the ladies tees and have no luck finding it.

Everyone was sure it’d be found.

Posted:
  • RedproRedpro  998WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 998 Golden Tee

When you're next up on the first tee and you look back at the tips and there are four guys all older than me [I'm 70], smoking, with umbrellas out and on top of their push carts . . . and they have not removed the bag covers over their clubs yet. And, those bags are all huge staff bags.

Posted:
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308  1810WRX Points: 228Members Posts: 1,810 Platinum Tees

Agreed. We had, I dunno, maybe 15 kids on my high school team and probably only 4 of them could break 45 for 9 holes consistently at the time. I was not one of them as I had only been playing for about two years and had no formal instruction or family that played.

Being on the team did allow us to practice and have our home matches at a good private course, and many of our away matches were at high end private courses I otherwise would have had zero chance of ever playing. There was no limit on the number of team members, but only the people with the better scoring averages during practice rounds got to play in the matches. So, even the kid that couldn't break 60 for 9 holes got to play some practice matches, have range time, get pointers from the coach who was a teaching pro at a local course, etc.

We didn't win many matches, but it was a lot of fun and taught me a bit about being on a team and how to handle myself on the course, as I had a terrible temper at the time. Nobody on our team had any visions on playing on a college team or turning pro, but I know that's not the case with all HS players or teams.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BobaDefettBobaDefett  51WRX Points: 28Members Posts: 51 Bunkers

All the carts are out of the barn, and my supervisor says the tee sheet is full until 4:30 even though it gets dark at 5. (I work at my local course part time, FREE GOLF!!!!!!)

Posted:
  • mdthorntonmdthornton  17WRX Points: 37Handicap: 6Members Posts: 17 Bunkers

.... you’ve promised yourself (multiple times) that you’d never play your local course on a Friday afternoon. Yet somehow you find yourself there again, behind 3 groups waiting to go on first hole and witnessing chaos further up on the first fairway.

Posted:
  • aramirez24aramirez24  96WRX Points: 54Handicap: 20Members Posts: 96 Fairways

This is great. Impossible to say no to that "you down to play?" text. Immediate regret standing on the first tee box.

Posted:
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac  662WRX Points: 329Members Posts: 662 Golden Tee

...when one of your golf buds has just bragged about your great ballstriking round the week before, and how low you went, then you go 3w off the tee to keep it in play, and you shank it off the planet.

Posted:
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire IFYDKMIGTHTKY 284WRX Points: 109Members Posts: 284 Greens

We have a course here that doesn't accept cards, cash only. It's a decent course but their cart paths are all jacked up from the tree roots.

Prairie Creek Golf Course. Prairie Creek, Arkansas.

Posted:

Callaway Rogue 9.0 -1* - HZRDUS Red - 62g 6.5
    TM M2 3W - 15* - Aldila 125 MST 60
    TM Rescue 2 - 16* - LM stiff
    Mizuno JPX919F - 4-GW - DG 130S
    TM MG - 54/58
    Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 BF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.