Online Instructions Subscriptions

mhawk709 ·  
mhawk709mhawk709 Members  37WRX Points: 31Posts: 37 Bunkers

Hello folks,

Has anyone used any of the online instruction subscriptions? If so, what did you think? Any that I'm missing below?

Georgegankas.golf

ericcogornogolf.com

CourseKings.com

Adamyounggolf.com

Athleticmotiongolf.com

Revolutiongolf.com

Any feedback is much appreciated!

-Hawk

Posted:

Comments

• WedgefromhereWedgefromhere Members  408WRX Points: 78Posts: 408 Greens

I've used Adam Young and would recommend The Strike Plan (also got an online lesson from him and it was excellent, maybe the best value of any lesson I've ever paid for). From the list above, I also bought Sean Foley's Short Game videos and they were okay.

You're missing two really good ones: Golf Smart Academy and Top Speed Golf.

I'm currently a member of the Golf Smart Academy and it's very comprehensive and you can also get inexpensive online lessons from Tyler, which is a big plus for me. I was a member of Top Speed Golf and thought it was worth the money. It's more structured than Golf Smart Academy, but you don't get the different viewpoints and explanations per topic. You can get online lessons, but not with Clay and I don't have that much confidence in his instructors.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dlow206dlow206 Members  323WRX Points: 123Posts: 323 Greens

I like the videos offered by Monte Scheinblum (Rebellion Golf). Not a subscription by definition, but a good set of videos.

Posted:
  • bladestrikerbladestriker No. Cal.Members  1198WRX Points: 132Handicap: 1.4Posts: 1,198 Platinum Tees

I sub to Athletic Motion Golf and am happy with it. I like that their data is from tour/elite players with body mapping and analytics. Info that is absolute not somebody’s interpretation of what they think the player is doing. When I say absolute, I mean as in Bell Curve, the majority of elites do this, but a few outliers do that. That is useful information for me when I’m working on something

I also subbed to the scammer site GGswingtips and got swindled. As much as I like George’s stuff and know he isn’t part of the ongoing scam, “fool me once”...

i know he has his own thing going on now but AMG fits how my brain thinks and learns

Posted:
    Epic Flash sub-zero 9° Ventus Blue 7x
    Epic Flash sub-zero 13.5 hzrdus smoke 80x
    3-5 PING i210 PX LZ-6.5
    6-pw PING Blueprint PX LZ-6.5
    PING glide 3.0 52º PX LZ-6.0
    PING glide 3.0 56º PX LZ-6.0
    PING glide 3.0 60° PX LZ-6.0
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmean
  • MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Southern CaliforniaMembers  18966WRX Points: 1,636Posts: 18,966 Titanium Tees

Some of those guys are good friends, some I just know a little.

Can’t go wrong, all smart guys, but with different voices, so it just about finding what makes sense to you.

Posted:
  • iceman1118iceman1118 NortheastMembers  153WRX Points: 75Handicap: 7Posts: 153 Fairways

Stated earlier not a subscription but Monte’s Rebellion Golf is hands down the best all around. Covers all the bases and really hits home if you ask me. Any time I have a ball flight issue I go through my notes from all of his series and I diagnose it almost instantly. This was my first stop to trying to learn and understand the golf swing and I definitely think it is the best.

I also purchased Great Shot e-book from Jim Waldron a while back. Great read with a ton of awesome information. Again, not a subscription but I really feel like these two guys are sending the same message. I think they compliment each other really well. It is a little more scientific if you will but the message is clear and worth it.

Recently I stumbled upon Bradley Hughes. I purchased his e-book and it was fascinating. I subscribed to his site which is my first actual subscription due to the YouTube videos I was watching of his after finishing his book. Again, pretty close to the aforementioned guys. Just a different way to proclaiming the same message but I like it so far. Only reason I subscribed was because you can cancel at any time.

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade M6 Hazardous Smoke 6.5 X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M6 Hazardous Smoke 6.5 X
    Driving Iron: TaylorMade UDI Hazardous Smoke 6.0 S
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 4 - AW KBS C Taper 130 X
    Wedges: TaylorMade Hi Toe Copper 54.10/58.10 KBS C Taper 120 S
    Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 7S
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
    Handicap: 7.4

• mhawk709mhawk709 Members  37WRX Points: 31Posts: 37 Bunkers

Awesome! Thanks for the responses folks!

For Monte's website, which series would you recommend to start with??

Posted:

Advertisement
  • CardsChamps11CardsChamps11 Members  662WRX Points: 140Posts: 662 Golden Tee

I think these subscription plans are good but only as supplements.

In my opinion you should find a coach that you like, agree, and will commit to their philosophy and take lessons from them. Then you can purchase their course as supplements because it reinforces the principles they are teaching you. The trap we all fall into is watching YouTube videos, Instagram posts, etc. and trying to make 10 different changes at once from 10 different instructors with 10 different philosophies.

I know I always find myself going down the YouTube rabbit hole. However, the hardest thing to do is block all that stuff out and have discipline to your coaches plan.

Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9248WRX Points: 2,892Posts: 9,248 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • i*windowsi*windows Members  2305WRX Points: 260Handicap: 12.3Posts: 2,305 Platinum Tees

malaskagolf and birdietime.tv are both excellent. Adam youngs stuff is also great

Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • burritos4breakfastburritos4breakfast hawai'iMembers  325WRX Points: 109Posts: 325 Greens
    Posted:
  • nevets88nevets88 Members  818WRX Points: 100Posts: 818 Golden Tee

I've subscribed to all of the above (except for Adam Young) at one point or another and you can get a very good idea of each by looking at corresponding social media presence, they all pretty much have a lot of videos available free either on Instagram or YouTube and the material behind the wall is more in depth and organized. Haven't looked at George Gankas's new site though, hesitant to spend that much, but looks to have a lot of content.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4279WRX Points: 755Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,279 Titanium Tees

Remember in the 80’s and 90’s all we could get were books to learn the golf swing.

then came YouTube, now comes subscriptions !

have cable, but oh what’s this? I need a subscription to view premium shows.

I say the best strategy is to choose a time period when you are ready to learn. Get your notepad and pencil out, get that mirror fired up. And subscribe to the $19.99 a month plan. Do your homework, write down key points so you can go to the notes forever . Then unsubscribe when you are out playing golf.

Posted:
  • nevets88nevets88 Members  818WRX Points: 100Posts: 818 Golden Tee

I think the best way to take advantage of the choice today with these subscriptions is to send in your swing video and do the lessons and use the corresponding videos assigned by instructor that work your piece. The great thing now is there is choice. You can pick from Dana Dahlquist or George Gankas or Tyler Ferrell or Athletic Motion, etc... Like in the movie, Moneyball, it's a process, it's a process, it's a process.

Posted:
  • JedaigekiJedaigeki Members  329WRX Points: 82Posts: 329 Greens

I've subbed in and out (monthly payments) on Malaska website since it started about two years back.

I've purchased all Monte's videos, some were even pre Rebellion golf (use the bounce 1.0) and they are my main source for video instruction.

Posted:
  • mws92mws92 Members  1040WRX Points: 103Posts: 1,040 Platinum Tees

I’ve enjoyed Course Kings. Top two things for me were the difference between hitting a fade vs a draw and Jeff Pierce’s short game stuff (especially how to judge a lie). I’ve only done the monthly subscription and will stop paying once I’ve gone through everything that interests me.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.