Sentry Tournament of Champions

Comments

• Creedo77Creedo77 Members  914WRX Points: 188Posts: 914 Golden Tee
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9248WRX Points: 2,892Posts: 9,248 Titanium Tees

How many times do we gotta hear that Morikawa played kapalua at age 9???

Posted:
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,200Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees

It would be just like Patrick Reed to win after recent controversies but I think Schauffele will repeat.

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • tideridertiderider Members  2991WRX Points: 2,026Handicap: 5ishPosts: 2,991 Titanium Tees

too many cameras out there ... though the umbrellas are big enough to hide him when he improves his lie ...

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21415WRX Points: 5,375Posts: 21,415 ClubWRX

Gotta love TV. Reed is having a good couple of days and Morning Drive is 20 minutes or so of Reed this morning - lol, it's like an apologist tour. What have you done lately Patrick, all that matters!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JohnTgolfJohnTgolf Members  7WRX Points: 26Handicap: 7Posts: 7 Bunkers

This is one of my favorite courses the guys play all year. I’d love to get over and play it myself

Posted:
  • gvogelgvogel Members  8332WRX Points: 1,228Posts: 8,332 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • lefty1978lefty1978 Charlotte, NCMembers  650WRX Points: 386Handicap: 8.7Posts: 650 Golden Tee
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6s
    Mizuno ST190 15° w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6s
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL HMB 3-4 iron w/ DG 120 S300
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL MB 5-PW w/ DG 120 S300
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52°/12° F Grind 
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58°/11° K Grind
    Titleist Vokey SM5 62°/8° T Grind
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter
    Titleist Pro V1 golf balls
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3451WRX Points: 352Posts: 3,451 Titanium Tees

Great viewing in round two. Some serious shot making. The benefit of a modern tech ball in high winds get stronger every year.

Posted:
  • bking556bking556 Members  233WRX Points: 134Handicap: InfinitePosts: 233 Fairways

Xander is a beast.

I'd be fine with Reed getting the W just to see all the reactions.

If Cantlay wins they should give him a Mai Tai with the trophy 😂

Posted:

Advertisement
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13160WRX Points: 1,020Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,160 Titanium Tees

Cantlay straight to the HoF.

Posted:
  • TimK1TimK1 Members  324WRX Points: 214Posts: 324 Greens

I just read an article, where Justin Thomas said he is basically disappointed with how much he has won and he feels he has underachieved. I saw him play at age 17 and he has the talent and heart for sure. 17 and 18 in round 2 yesterday showed why he doesn't win more.

His iron play is still to wild and he does not have his emotions under control yet. After the poor bogey at 17 he just steps up to the tee at 18 still pissed and rips a wild drive out of bounds on a 50 yards wide fairway. He needs to get his swing a little more under control. He seems to fixated on distance at the cost of hitting to many wild shots. He is not consistent with his wedges and shorter irons.

He has all the tools but his game has not matured enough yet. He is still does not have enough different shots to win more. Just the difference when you watch a fully mature player clicking on all cylinders. It is a big difference. Like Tiger who can hit almost any shot. It was cool yesterday watching Fowler hitting half six irons, hitting his 8 120 yards on a knock down shot, then on the next hole hitting that same club 170. Rickie just doesn't have the killer instinct but he has way more game than Thomas. Thomas has a ton of heart though.

I felt that way about Jason Day. His wedge play was weak. Didn't possess enough different shots to be consistent week in and week out on any course.

Justin Thomas has achieved quite a bit considering he is pretty one dimensional.

Just my take on round 2

Posted:
  • wely324wely324 Members  334WRX Points: 149Posts: 334 Greens

Would love to see Rickie win, and I'd love to see him have an awesome 2020 year! Wouldn't mind seeing Reed win either, kinda tired of the constant talk about his past and him cheating. He was caught, he received the penalty for his actions. If anything I think all this negative talk around him has only fired him up even more for 2020.

Posted:
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3571WRX Points: 1,110Posts: 3,571 Titanium Tees

I'm not sure how I feel about JT's obsession with keeping his white pants clean.

You wore white pants in muddy conditions and you're surprised/upset if they get a little dirty?

Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  2991WRX Points: 2,026Handicap: 5ishPosts: 2,991 Titanium Tees

jt has 11 wins to rickie's 6, including a major ... in 5 years to rickie's 10 ... not sure how that equates to "less game" ...

he does act a tad petulant from time to time ... rickie doesn't fist pump and say "frick yeah" when he wins a tournament ... and the drive on 18 yesterday was indeed a lack of emotional control ... but he's got more game than fowler, imo ... he is learning to hit cuts/draws with his irons as needed, and he has a pretty good short game ...

Posted:

Advertisement

weather report ... usual 10 % chance, but winds will be around 20 mph most of the day/afternoon ...

Posted:

I agree. Thomas has way more talent. What I meant was I want to see Justin add more shots to his game similar to what Fowler was doing yesterday. Thomas has the game to possibly to get to a level as maybe Phil as far as wins. He could win more majors, but needs to get more control and add more shots to his game.

Posted:
  • PZeroPZero Members  11634WRX Points: 984Handicap: 3Posts: 11,634 Titanium Tees

He's one of the biggest pricks I've met on tour.

Posted:
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • burritos4breakfastburritos4breakfast hawai'iMembers  325WRX Points: 109Posts: 325 Greens

can they show some tee shots on 11 plz trying to check the surf

Posted:
  • hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome Members  1006WRX Points: 301Handicap: 5Posts: 1,006 Platinum Tees

Someone is breathing really loudly and it's driving me crazy.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members  3323WRX Points: 444Handicap: 13Posts: 3,323 Titanium Tees

It's Mark Rolfing heavy nose-breathing and driving everybody nuts. Get him outta there. I had to mute it and play music.

Posted:
  • stingerfadestingerfade Members  633WRX Points: 418Posts: 633 Golden Tee
    Posted:

I'm such an ****. After my so called expert opinion of Justin Thomas needing more shots in his bag if he wants to achieve a level he wants he is leading the tournament and probably will win. Maybe he knows more than me? LOL

Posted:
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members  6784WRX Points: 1,885Posts: 6,784 Titanium Tees

Advertisement

he knows a lot about the course and the climate there ... brings interesting info to the broadcast that people who don't live there probably don't know ...

Posted:
  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members  1097WRX Points: 176Handicap: 10Posts: 1,097 Platinum Tees

I can't think of one thing he says that is interesting, which is of course, subjective. All he ever mentions is the name of a certain trade wind or frequency of heavy, short showers on the course, as well as being able to identify some of the local fauna. Does any of that help the broadcast? It's filler material... I'm sure he is a nice guy though.

Posted:
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]

Advertisement
  • stingerfadestingerfade Members  633WRX Points: 418Posts: 633 Golden Tee

I agree but to be fair I’ve been watching for so long that I’ve probably heard everything he has to say so it just seems repetitive and unnecessary

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.