Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

I know I had a bite pre-round a couple years back but it was so quick that I can't remember if it was good or not. We're playing Verrado Saturday and Wickenburg Ranch Sunday. Then the other course at Verrado next Saturday and Southern Dunes next Sunday. I may try to sneak TPC Champions in on the 26th if I can pull it off. I've heard that course is pretty decent. Or I may get a fun round in at Mountain Shadows.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

I spent ten bleepin' hours shopping yesterday. Needless to say, I wish I were golfing.

• Like 2

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Well, we managed to get the full 18 in at Twin Peaks but there was snow all over the course. Better than work and shopping, but the swing was really rusty as well and I was happy with my 83 on a brand new set of irons. Happy Holidays to all. Hoping to get to play with some of you in 2020!!

• Like 2

You're getting a steal. A 12-pack of Michelob Ultra costs like 75 cents.

The range is relatively larger than most and no it doesn't get as much use as others. For example Legacy Ridge is owned and operated by the same municipality, and it gets a lot of use and is smaller, so there is no way it could be on grass all year. It also helps City of Westminster has one of the best Supers.

So meet some friends I play with at the MC Tavern for drinks to catch up last week. Your standard year end trash talk and what 2020 has in store, was a good laugh. I thought I would toss out the Q/A stuff to fellow CO WRX's to see what you might have planned. New Gear excited to use next year?Any long overdue golf Trips planned for next year?2020 Golf Goals?

For me.........Gear:

Nothing but replace my worn out 58 degree wedge that I was given sh*t about at MC Tavern as it is non conforming, (ooops my bad, just do like the Vokey one I bought 2 years ago...) I did find the putter I wish I could of bought 20 yeas ago, purchased from a very awesome and gracious WRX seller interestingly enough off the BAY. No Brian I don't think I can bring myself to game it, probably will just be one of those collector items..........maybe LOLTrips:

Currently booked for 2 week family trip to Melbourne - Tasmania. See the in-laws and GOLF. Prob is given the fires, how bad it is we are now talking of bumping to 2021. Sad to see the Koala Bear issue. If MEL/TAS trip moved to 2021......... Bandon will be checked off in 2020...!! 3 days at Wild Horse. *The guys I went with last year had never been and want to go back. Fantastic track. We really should get a CO WRX group and go. If you not played it, shocking how good of track it really is in the middle of nowhere.Goals:

NOT buying any new gear, pretty happy with what I have for once. (Minus the illegal wedge of course)2020 goal is to spend more time practicing correctly, not just"beating" balls. Be more consistent. Shooting 76/77 and thinking the game is looking good and the turn around and shoot 86/87 is frustrating as hell LOL

• Like 1

Last year we did 4 rounds in 3 days. Friday: Drive to Kearney/Axtell and play Awarii Dunes. Stayed in KearneySaturday: Drove over to Wild Horse in the morning and play 36 then drove to Ogallala and stayed the night, Sunday: Played Bayside in the morning and the drive home. EDIT: I will note that guys I went with have no interest in playing Bayside again....EVER =) I will admit the front 9 holes were okay but the back 9, minus hole 16 was not good at all. All I heard was "blow this back nine up" or "Why the F are playing here and could of played Wild Horse..." for a solid 2 hours hahahaha. First time I played it years ago I thought it was decent, but this time I will just say "it was not as I remember"

For many years here I’ve been one of the few people here who is not a big fan of Bayside.

I would really like to get to get some other people to try Kimball at some point on one of these trips (just a little out of the way, north from Fort Morgan on Hwy 71 instead of continuing east on I76). Chris, the head pro at the Greeley courses says its one of his very favorite courses anywhere. I would be really curious to see if others like it has well as I do.

• Like 1

Wildhorse is in my top 5. Haven't done Bayside in several years, it is close but just not worth it, used to have a local rate that made it playable. Awari was OK, not my favorite, we have a hard time driving past Wildhorse to get there. Part of my dislike might be that they had a college tourney that morning and the course was tough.

Gear - I really need to find a 17-degree driving iron.Trips - Besides playing in Sweden and shooting close to 100, I never have anything planned.Goals - Not die. I'm a simple man.

Happy New Year's, gents. It'll be a chilly 54 degrees here in Orlando tonight. I guess I'll have to wear a long-sleeve shirt at the outdoor party by the pool!

Happy New Year everyone, hope 2020 is starting out great! Fun topics to discuss.New Gear:

Getting a new putter, have a fitting scheduled for early February. I've had the same putter for 18 years now...so I'm just ready for a change. Of course I'll keep my old one around....just in case.

Also thinking about some new irons and wedges...wedges are getting a little worn and irons, well, I just feel like some new ones We'll see though. I'm happy with my driver and 4 wood so for now those will stay in the bag. Speaking of, anyone want to buy a set of Apex CF16 irons?!?! I'll give you a great deal!

I was given a set of the Super Speed sticks as well, a buddy wasn't using his anymore. I guess that's technically new gear. I'm on week 5 of the training and I'm a big fan. So far I've seen some great improvement on club head speed, I've been really happy with them. Golf Trips:

Going to Arizona in late February...going to just stay and play at Wigwam. Not my first choice but the rest of the group wanted something easy/cheap so that won out. It'll be a blast no matter what, I'm just excited to get out and play with my buddies. After that who knows, nothing planned yet. Goals:

Get down to a single digit handicap. I got down in that range for a little bit but then went back up to the 11-12 range. Would like to get in the 8-9 range. I'm taking a bunch of lessons over the winter now to try to get the swing dialed in more. So far I'm loving the changes.

Beyond that, the biggest area I'm going to work on is my chipping. I've been awful in that area and want to really focus on that. Driver has been steady, approach game getting better, and putting/sand have always been strong suits...but chipping, ugh. I plan to spend 70% of my practice time on that and the rest on specific swing goals at the range. Like you, I don't want to just go bang balls at the range. I still plan on touching a putter every day though, I have the PuttOut in my basement and it's fun to just hit putts while watching TV after the kids are in bed.

Final goal is to get out to play with my hickory clubs at least once a week, whether it's the par 3 or playing 9 somewhere. I absolutely love playing with them. I usually will play with them when I'm out with the wife and kids...that way I can play from the same tees as them and it works out great.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about my 2020 golf season much earlier than normal (usually don't start thinking about golf until April). I'm trying to decide whether I should play the GC Am Tour or the Golfweek tour this coming season and they both start in April (usually I don't start tournament play until May). I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on these 2 tours and other open tournaments that are well run and fun to play in. Working on getting my 2020 golf schedule drafted up. Please help me decide my tournament golf schedule for 2020. TIA :)