Mods please lock thread, received answer. Kind regards Paddy

Paddy_2_Iron

@danielt823
Thanks for sharing those nuggets of information. After doing some searched I discovered a new concept. Instead of masking the problem with SGI/GI clubs some members found it more beneficial to play blades or less improve irons. One of the reasons states was due to what they learned on. I tend to agree, I started with thin clubs so maybe this is a good idea.
Another interesting piece was around knowing where you misses are and how it responds. Def something to consider.
I have to admit I am a little nervous about the blades but might consider going to a forged iron for ball spin and less dispersion. I like the Hawkeyes you don't worm burn them because they are so massive and I get them up in the air most of the time. I think it's time to move on to something with a little more accuracy.
Prior to my last 2 rounds I was playing at a 19, so I am decent. Just in a rough patch right now. Right now I anchor onto to my 240 drives. That seems to be something that seperates me from the other weekend hacks.

In the bag

10.5 degree Ping 400 | Stiff Ping Shaft 55 gram

5 - GW F7 Cobra variable | Regular Flex Steel

Titleist Vokey 56 degree F Grind 14 Bounce

Mizuno 60 S 18 Ion Blue 6 Bounce

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Honestly man, you are clueless. A forged iron will not help your spin and dispersion as a 19 hdc. I bet you anything you cant even tell the difference between forged vs cast. The last thing you should be looking at is a blade iron.

You have had alot of good advice in your last 2 threads and you havent followed any of it. So go ahead and buy yourself a set of blades. Then you will be coming back to start another thread on how they are too heavy and you should have bought shovels instead.

• Like 2

I don't know why I'm even bothering dragging myself into this again, since the last thread you listened to literally noone despite the good advice. For the love of God, do not buy blades. To be blunt, you are not good enough to hit them and will have an awful, awful time trying to get them to work. I don't care if the 5i is bent to 36* (10* weaker than normal) , you still don't have the swing mechanics to hit something in the middle consistently if you are averaging only 1 GIR per round. That is terrible, even for someone struggling to break 100. You honestly aren't even good enough for P790s. Never, ever, ever buy a club based on where you want to be, buy a club based on where you are now as there are no guarantees you will actually get to where you want to be.

I said it in the other thread before, pay for a fitting at PGA Superstore or Golf Galaxy AND LISTEN TO THEM. You have a limited budget so don't entertain any thoughts of waltzing into Club Champion or True Spec or Sea Island and getting a recommendation for anything remotely on the same planet as what you want to spend. You were offended that you got suggested Ping at PGASS and GG and now you are excited to do the Ping web fit? C'mon man...why are you so bipolar? Get fit for something at a chain store, even if it is for just length, lie/loft, and generally shaft weight and you can find something that fits your budget.

However, you already have a club that you crush you said. That Big Bertha CF19 4iron....remember her? The one that had even the MasterFit "pro" speechless? Why not just buy a set of those and reshaft them in a year or two when you get better?

• Like 1

MGFA --- Making Golf Fun Again

Paradym 9* - Accra TZFive 60

Paradym 15* - Accra TZFive 70

Paradym Triple Diamond 18* - Accra TZFive 70

Cobra Tec 21* and 25* - MMT 80

Ping i525 6-UW - Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* Mid and 58* Low+ - DG Tour Issue Spinner

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

Got my popcorn ready for this $hitshow

But seriously OP, if you want to get the best clubs at your price range you have to go to a fitter like PGA or GG. Heck, you said Jacksonville, I know it's a ride but I go to Moon golf in central Florida, and it's a great experience. But it's all on you. The fitter is going to use the unbiased information produced by your swing data during the fitting. They might be able to squeeze out some yards and tighten the dispersion some. From there it's all practice.

• Like 1

I kind of screwed the pooch, the 4 iron goes 170 my 5 iron hawkeye goes the same distance...... I could do the big bertha 2019 with the Ozik's. but it would be just 5 - 9. I'm playing a more controlled game not as much power. I am focusing more on keeping the ball in front and in managable distances.

Maybe the P700's from the member then reshaft with the Ozik's. That will probably help me dial my game in. I need to hit 5 - 6 GIR's the 1 - 2 around isn't sitting well with me...... I'm not able to keep up with the better players and to be honest that's not an option for me.

I'm struggling beating old farts playing from the greens. Even playing the whites I should be all over them. It's embarrassing.....

I am having a hard time hitting the 3 hybrid from MF or even the TS2 5 wood. I just recently gave away my crossover 2 i and srixon driving iron.... To a friend.

I honestly think my equipment is letting me down.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

He is absolutely a troll and is pretty good at it.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

It gets better guys. He won’t listen to what you say and insists he’s a 23 handicap despite saying he wants to break 100 in other threads.

Paddy, just go get your money back for the other rubbish masterfit irons instead of making excuses for the store. Then people may take you seriously.

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

It's just one local track I run from time to time. I don't struggle as much on other courses. This course is extremely tight...... You really have to bring your A game. It's like the Rivera of Jacksonville.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Again, I'm getting sucked in which is what I imagine you want. But no. No Taylormade P7xx series club is going to help you. If you have a big slice with the driver and then a hook with the irons you struggle a lot with face control. A head or shaft is only going to help so much in the sense that they aren't going to twist as much as something else or the release of the head is going to be more controlled. What does this mean? It means that you may fix one of your misses but not both using equipment alone.

You are right, your Hawkeyes aren't doing you any favours at the moment. Both you have to realize at some point that a club is not a magic wand. A tour pro doesn't hit 12+ GIR because they play blades for the same reasons that George Clooney doesn't date supermodels because he wears a Rolex or whatever. At the end of the day, you can look the part but you still have to have some talent, which you can leverage through practicing, getting lessons, and playing the right equipment for your game to help manage your miss-hit. A blade is not the answer here. I don't care if you are 0* down through the strike zone (i.e. just sweeping the grass), a blade is not going to mean you are going to hit it straight every single time. Anyone who posts that is lying and has no data to back that up. As I said in the previous thread, I've been fitting for close to 20 years and the amount of people I have fit into blades I can count on 1 hand.

What you need is a moderately sized sole iron, with minimal offset but lots of help to maintain ball speed on mishits. Again, much of what is posted in these threads is complete garbage and anecdotal evidence. Strong lofts are there for a reason, offset is there for a reason, wide soles are there for a reason, despite the claims of your 12-15 handicap saying they hit blades better than anything else. I call absolute BS on that and challenge anyone to actually go out and play a set of GI irons for a decent length of time that are in the ball park of what fits you and then address your GIR. I bet the GIR goes up a bit, even if score doesn't change appreciably.

Irons are strong lofted to promote more ball speed for the average player who flips the club. Ball speed creates height and steeper descent angles. Peak height and descent angles are just as effective, if not more effective than using spin to stop a ball. Why? Because they are predictable. Spin is insanely regulated by strike on the face. There is something like 1800 RPMs of spin difference between the low heel and high toe of a golf club. If you are hitting wild hooks with everything that likely means you are toe-basing the bejesus out of it. Since you slice a lot with the driver, I know you come over the top and you can't square the driver but an iron you can because of the shorter shaft and offset but you overcompensate and have a hooded face. When you have a hooded face and come over the top there is nothing more to do than smash the toe of the club producing a low spin duck hook that runs for miles and flys forever but has no spin.

Ping G700s will help, sure, but they are also probably the most offset iron out there, so they will only contribute to your hook. What you need is some Mizuno Hot Metal Pros, Ping G410s, or Wilson C300s.

• Like 1

MGFA --- Making Golf Fun Again

Paradym 9* - Accra TZFive 60

Paradym 15* - Accra TZFive 70

Paradym Triple Diamond 18* - Accra TZFive 70

Cobra Tec 21* and 25* - MMT 80

Ping i525 6-UW - Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* Mid and 58* Low+ - DG Tour Issue Spinner

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

@WristySwing - Totally get you, but what about a mid HDCP iron like some of those Mizunos or Pings P700? Some forgiveness but still player iron qualities?

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

They still do Hawk on select (overstock) models. I was looking to buy another set of S55's and they said no. You can by replacements (2 per calendar year and no more than 4 of the same model).

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Stop responding, this is insanity!

My mother is Bi-Polar, this is all starting to make sense.

Callaway Mavrik - Fujikura Pro 2.0 6-S stiff 
Tour Edge 3 wood - Mitsubishi Fubuki HL-55 stiff 
Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid - UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 HYB stiff
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5-PW - Nippon N.S. PROGH neo stiff 

Haywood Signature 48°, 52°, 56°, 60° - KBS Tour stiff
PXG One & Done

Just got back from the second fitting.....

No money will be returned, he offered to give me a discount if I wanted another set of irons.

Hawkeyes are C8, the new irons are D4.

On flight scope I was having trouble hitting the D4's. The fitter insisted that tour pros play heavier heads and I should be doing the same. He didn't like the idea of making the swing weight lighter in the head.

I rented the bay for an hour and was able to hit my hawkeyes really straight I was impressed..... I did top a few at the end, I was tired but prior I was doing well.....

Distances.

60 - 90

56 - 100

51 - 110

46 - 115

9 - 120

8 - 140

7 - 150

6 - 160

5 - 165

3 - Hybrid 180

Driver 225 (Note tee was low and I couldn't get a good upswing on it). Normally I'm 230-235

Started tinkering with my ball positioning and having me swing more right and out. Maybe the lighter irons are working for me because they are hiding swing flaws whereas the new irons that are built for my swing aren't working because of those same flaws? My AOA was neutral or negative with the hawkeyes so what was encouraging.

I think this is over...... Hawkeyes it is. I appreciate all the advise.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

How many GIRs do you hit in an average round ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Now I freaking top everything when I went to the range after swinging the heavy clubs...... Im so pissed off I can't even think clearly. I am so freaking done with that place, I am so irate I can't put it into words hardly.

I almost hit a guy standing next to me. "Whoa man"

I'm taking these clubs up to goodwill end of story. DONE!

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

@nsxguy Depends usually 2 - 3. I was looking at my data...
Most of the time it's par 3's or par 5.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

No keeping the lighter one's just got rid of the 3 hybrid and irons.After swinging the heavy ones for 30 minutes I began to top the lighter ones. I then went to another range hit a small bucket and topped..... Finally quit and went to the driver surprisingly that was perfect. Only carrying 200 but I was just trying to get into a groove. Went back up and hit a large, only brought a 5, 7 and 9. Hit the 5 and 7 really well, still not hitting the 9 all that good. I feel much better I am able to advance the ball and get it near some pins. Finally over the iron debacle, picks coming up once they come in.....

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

9XMY53OCCOKQ.jpgProof here. Attendant clearly has irons in his hands gathering from the donation cart.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I listened to the advice.

Try to get money, back check wouldn't do it.

Had irons weighed, Hawkeyes C8, D4 for 7 iron new set donated

Prior to heavy I was hitting Hawkeye irons focusing on swing right of the target line hitting them straight with a nice draw.

Sorry for coming off schitzo I spent more money than I care to admit and now the mistake is officially over.... Sunk cost and all.....

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I'm looking at the specs on several clubs mentioned and look at the posted swing weights. C8 Callaway Rogue X Irons – (Steel)

For some reason the G400's are posting but they are showing C8 as well......

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Not yet, I was trying to get my money back from some other irons but they wouldnt do it so I donated them to Goodwill. He wanted me to hit a few and see what I was doing wrong, but I couldnt hit them well, maybe 3 out of 20 swings.
I then proceeded to hit my hawkeyes at the flightscope bay and I was liking what I was seeing. 150 7 iron straight etc.... At the end I began to top them....
I now know what my swing weight is. @dxdgenert and others told me to find out and I did. C8 and I like those. Maybe C9 or D0 would be better, but what I know now is I like the C8's

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1