2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mods please lock thread, received answer. Kind regards Paddy

Paddy_2_Iron

There is no way in hell I could tell the difference between C8 and C9 or hell even D2 which is what my irons are supposed to be now and Ive played more golf and bought more iron sets in the last 20 years then Id like to admit. Your nuts man. I bet you its the weight of the shaft thats messing with you and not the head weight. You need lessons and course time. You havent listened to anything anyone has told you in these last 2 threads and you arent going to in the next 10 threads you create either. You are however very entertaining and a good read.

I really believe you are not trolling. You just know nothing about golf clubs. How in the hell could someone think about making up what their "swing weight" is. I didnt know there was such a thing. Theres preferences sure but your acting like its the equivalent to a golfers blood type and everyone has one.

I think lessons are a waste, half the time I leave worse. Heck today I was topping everything and it took me a bucket or two to get sorted out........ I have a swing that gets me around the course.....

In the bag

10.5 degree Ping 400 | Stiff Ping Shaft 55 gram

5 - GW F7 Cobra variable | Regular Flex Steel

Titleist Vokey 56 degree F Grind 14 Bounce

Mizuno 60 S 18 Ion Blue 6 Bounce

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

It's because Masterfit is giving you the lessons. A good teacher will straighten you out in a couple of lessons at most.

• Like 1

MGFA --- Making Golf Fun Again

Paradym 9* - Accra TZFive 60

Paradym 15* - Accra TZFive 70

Paradym Triple Diamond 18* - Accra TZFive 70

Cobra Tec 21* and 25* - MMT 80

Ping i525 6-UW - Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* Mid and 58* Low+ - DG Tour Issue Spinner

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

I meant lessons in general, the guy there is pretty good. He helped me with driving and putting the ball etc.... He isn't bad at all. I just feel he has given me stuff to work on and I have to work on it. Loading up with more commands isn't going to help IMO.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I think if we've learned anything from your multiple threads, your opinion doesn't really matter.

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

Hot take…

Maybe you could start another Tiger Woods thread. Those are always thought provoking. ?

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

DKWPK3FOLWAV.jpg

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I'd rather read 20 of the same tiger woods thread than try to help you. Everyone on this forum has said take lessons, for some reason you know better than all the other golfers here that lessons won't help. There's some scratch golfers telling you to get lessons, I'm a 13 cap, telling you to get lessons. There's 30 caps telling you that you need help. We are all wrong. You've determined it's a swingweight issue, it's not, it's a golf swing you have. The 4 swingweight points are not causing your issues.

• Like 1

4 points? What are you a math major? I’m swinging c8 and the previous ones d4. It would probably take a full inch to get to c8/9…………

Please no more advice from you. It’s not very helpful

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

i was looking at the M4s originally but some folks didn’t recommend them. They look good to me. And used the price wasn’t that bad.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I agree. If you don’t have the right equipment you aren’t optimizing your game. Pretty idiotic to be honest………

like the idea of smaller heads having smaller misses. Not saying blades already cleared that up, but playing more of a mid handicap iron. I was batting this idea around. I’ve seen several posters in other threads mentioning this.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

This thread is like herpes. It keeps coming back.

Now he's going to blades? Smaller mis hits? What does that mean?

And his fitter said he should use a d4 SW because the Pros use heavier SW's? This "fitter" is not a fitter. SW is individual. Period. While you're at it put some Project X 7.0 in your new blades. That's what Rory has.

It would be easier to teach my wife how to rebuild a GM Quada Jet carb then help this guy.

Seriously. If you're not trolling, hard to believe you're not at this point. You've had a lot of good advice on the two threads you've started. Listen and consider using some of it. Stop the insanity. Please.

He also gives advice on instruction and how to improve in some other threads

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I’m just trying to bounce back from spending 1000 on this equipment. ~500 of it I just gave it away today. The pictures was a way of healing and trying to bring a laugh to the forum. I’ve been given a lot of misinformation so I’m a little leery to jump right in.

im trying to figure out my next iron set. The berthas are 1998 slightly outdated but… I’m capable if hitting them so it’s not the end of the world

this was a post to brainstorm some ideas for my next buy. I bring up the Hawkeyes because if I could find some new irons with these weights loft etc it might be a seamless transition.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Swingweight does matter, and some people's swings are very sensitive it. And other people can pick up 2 different clubs with a 6 or 7 swingweight difference and hit both just as well.

As to the OP some of your info from master fit makes a little more sense to me now. If your current irons are C8, they may have been trying to slow your release down by increasing the swingweight. But maybe they went too far with D4......I play d4 and all my friends when they swing my clubs say that my clubs feel really heavy. For me D4 on my irons slows my early release. I am giving up a bit of clubhead speed and distance, but I am more accurate and do not have to worry about wild hooks as often.

Your magic number may not be D4, but something heavier than c8 might be very beneficial.

Everything else aside Paddy, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. It really sucks that your Master Fit experience did not go well.

What is your budget for new/used irons? If it is $500, I would get fit or identify a certain shaft weight and profile first. Then you can find a used set that works for you. You don’t have to get hung up on swing weight. Iron shaft weight and flex should be your priority.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

I'm thinking you are right. C8 does feel light, I can feel me losing the head at the top a little, but not having that weight up there in the back swing promotes a straight pull down instead of a casting motion allowing me to have an inside strike also it promotes a left to right ball strike which gives me a good path to head relation (well I am practicing this more now) while still managing a decent AOA < 0

I wouldn't be against picking up a single iron on ebay at the swing weight D0. I also like the shafts a little shorter, they seemed to be 1/4, 1/2 shorter than the Masterfits which clearly is creating some of the head end weight. Maybe that is the trick, play a shorter than standard shaft, by 1/4.

I always felt my arms were pretty dang long in relation to body, one reason why I can generate a lot of speed with an arm swing..... Clearly not what I want to do but it used to be that way.

One last thing, it looks to me that the 8 and 9 iron have different lie angles in relation to the other clubs in set. Lie on the shorter irons are really sets on the heel at address, where as the other irons in the set are more in the center....

BTW thanks for your post really appreciate the insights and civil behavior I am like the rest of us trying to figure this out.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I totally get that you are trying to figure it out. Theres alot of info to digest for a noob. However this post here proves you know absolutrly nothing. You seriously need to get out of your own way and listen to the guys that are giving you good advice. Lets be real, you havent listened to shit. You shouldnt be worried about AOA. You need to worry about your grip, stance, takeaway etc. Its like your trying jump way ahead all at once and your just going to end up frustrated in the end. You also said you were fit by MF and the guy did a good job. If thats the case then why are you now starting to static fit yourself in regards to club length? You see Paddy, you make absolutely no sense. Starting thread after thread will not end good. Please please please listen to the advice youve gotten and stop with all the wild ideas your spouting.

With all this being said you need to look at a set of 2 - PW of P7 TW with X100 shafts. Id throw some leadtape on those bad boys too so you get your swingweight to D0. C8 is way too light for a gamer like you. These irons at D0 should let you come from the inside on the downswing with a good AOA. Before you know it you will be coming so far from the inside that you will be violating goats from 5 counties over. Then Id for sure look at getting a stiffer shaft in your driver. 240 yards is a really good poke for a weekend hack like yourself but you can do a little better than that. The Xstiff shaft will probably take your drives up to 255 and you will then have a 2 way miss instead of just drawing the ball all the time. A good weekend hack always has a 2 way miss. I really believe you will be shooting in the low 70s soon. All it really takes is a good set of irons and xstiff shafts.

@Reds
Your post confuses me. Starts off serious then seems to get sarcastic.
A couple of ideas I am batting around. Getting a set of gamer irons (not blades but not SPI, more GI) with a swing weight of D0 and shaft length 1/4 less than standard. Of course getting optimized shafts for my swing speed, believe my 7 iron swing with the Callaway was ~75 MPH's.
This will be a good starting point for my iron set. The only piece that I am struggling with is to stay SGI or go GI. On one hand I really like the Ping700 and M4's but then again the 410's and even some of the Mizuno's look really nice. And of course forged irons with more feel and spin could be a possibility. I really want to make sure I am optimizing my GIR's when it comes time to pull the trigger on the irons. Maybe a split set would work, like 5 - 7 M4 and then 8 - 9 more gamer iron.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I'm sorting my self out..... Just takes time to get through all the misinformation. I'm getting there.....

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1