ALL THINGS INDIANA GOLF

Comments

• ScubaSteveOScubaSteveO Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
    Symphonize wrote:

Has anyone played up in Angola, IN near Trine University? Me and a buddy are trying to play a golf trip and we have a place to stay up there, not sure how the courses are in the area and if any of them are must plays? We are also looking into southern central Michigan for some courses.

If you haven't planned your trip yet. Glendarin Hills in Angola is worth playing. It is a little over priced though. I played Cobblestone in Kendallville a few weeks ago and really liked it. I haven't played Noble Hawk in a few years but always like it also. You might look into Bella Vista in Coldwater,MI. My brother and I played there last summer. We both thought it was a nice course especially for the price.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HoosierHacker89HoosierHacker89 IndianapolisMembers  2748WRX Points: 169Handicap: my swingPosts: 2,748 Titanium Tees
    I am potentially moving down to the Martinsville/Bloomington area, and if I do I'll want to find a new home track. Where are guys playing down in that area? I would want a course that i can walk and get on easily.

HH89
    Posted:
    Ping g400 Max 9
    Cobra Bio Cell 16* kuro kage TiNi 70s
    Cobra f6 baffler 19* matrix code 8
    Srixon 765 4-A modus 120s
    Cleveland Rtx-3 58* Ttdg
    Odyssey white hot 2 ball 33” 
    Camo hoofer 
  • Jusdec123Jusdec123 Members  27WRX Points: 0Handicap: 25Posts: 27

I am potentially moving down to the Martinsville/Bloomington area, and if I do I'll want to find a new home track. Where are guys playing down in that area? I would want a course that i can walk and get on easily.

HH89

As far as Bloomington goes, nothing too spectacular right now. Cascades is usually in rough shape but it is a 27 hole muni so there’s that. The IU course is currently under renovation but should be interesting once finished. I heard they were going to stretch it to 8000 yds, no thanks.

I’m currently a member at Stonecrest. 27 holes, good pace of play and fairly cheap. Course conditions are average. It’s located about 15 minutes south of Bloomington. Definitely easy to walk and get on pretty much any day of the week.
    Posted:
  • HoosierHacker89HoosierHacker89 IndianapolisMembers  2748WRX Points: 169Handicap: my swingPosts: 2,748 Titanium Tees
    thank you for your response! I really appreciate it. I am probably going to stay north of Bloomington if I do move, but I will have to give Stonecrest a go at some point.
    Posted:
    Ping g400 Max 9
    Cleveland Rtx-3 58* Ttdg
    Camo hoofer 
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members  1951WRX Points: 743Handicap: ~9Posts: 1,951 Platinum Tees
    Hacker, are you indeed moving South? If so, you're going the wrong way!
    Posted:

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • ckates7ckates7 Members  395WRX Points: 2Posts: 395 Greens
    So I won a twosome to The Fort that I can use anytime. I’d like to play another course in the area since I’ll be coming from Central IL. What course would you guys recommend to add on? Thanks!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, INMembers  643WRX Points: 328Handicap: 3.9Posts: 643 Golden Tee
    ckates7 wrote:

So I won a twosome to The Fort that I can use anytime. I’d like to play another course in the area since I’ll be coming from Central IL. What course would you guys recommend to add on? Thanks!

Any of these is the right play:

Brickyard Crossing

Prairie View

Bear Slide

Purgatory

Trophy Club
    Posted:
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members  1951WRX Points: 743Handicap: ~9Posts: 1,951 Platinum Tees
    You hafta play the Brickyard... to say you did.
    Posted:

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • Pigator5Pigator5 Lafayette, INMembers  42WRX Points: 21Handicap: 12Posts: 42 Bunkers
    If any of you haven't already seen it, the group golfer deal this week is either of the Purdue courses for 39$. It's good until July of 2019.

https://www.groupgolfer.com/
    Posted:
  • DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, INMembers  643WRX Points: 328Handicap: 3.9Posts: 643 Golden Tee
    Just found out that Stonehenge near Winona Lake closed for good. Played it for the first, and only time in early October and enjoyed the layout. It was still in solid shape for the time of year as well, rough was thick. It wasn't busy at all for a Tuesday with decent weather, the clubhouse was sparse inside, and I read it was on the market for a year+. Still, always sad to see a nice course shut down. Anyone else ever play it?
    Posted:
    Always heard good things about Stonehenge... but can't remember if I've ever played it.

Man, it sure is nice to see the sun shining again today!
    Posted:

Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+

Advertisement
  • ScubaSteveOScubaSteveO Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7

Just found out that Stonehenge near Winona Lake closed for good. Played it for the first, and only time in early October and enjoyed the layout. It was still in solid shape for the time of year as well, rough was thick. It wasn't busy at all for a Tuesday with decent weather, the clubhouse was sparse inside, and I read it was on the market for a year+. Still, always sad to see a nice course shut down. Anyone else ever play it?

I live in the area and really sad to see Stonehenge shut down. They were struggling for awhile. It was the best course in the Warsaw area. I never got to play there until a few years ago when they opened to the public. The first time I played it I wasn't sure about it after the second time I loved it. I played there a few times a month the last 2 years.
    Posted:
  • marmooskapaulmarmooskapaul Members  1442WRX Points: 229Posts: 1,442 Platinum Tees

Great time today with Dr. and Bobcat. Little time left before daylight savings time clicks back and we all have less time to golf. Get out now and golf while ya can!! Post if you want to meet up cause ice fishing season is on the way!!! Yeah!!

PS... Doc is a money vacuum...meaning he takes all the money...lol.

Posted:

Posted:

My question for today is what is the best course within 30 minutes of Bloomington? Everything I’ve read reviews are mixed at best. I know the iu course opens in the spring, but I imagine prices being too high to be a regular course

Posted:
    Ping g400 Max 9
    Cleveland Rtx-3 58* Ttdg
    Camo hoofer 

I am bumping this thread to bring this ole girl back from the dead.

INDIANA GOLF IS DYING ON WRX!

My question for you guys is what is the one course in state you want to replay this year? Mine without question is The Ross Course in French Lick. I keep reading amazing reviews, so I want to play it again.

Posted:
    Ping g400 Max 9
    Cleveland Rtx-3 58* Ttdg
    Camo hoofer 

Advertisement

Four I hafta play this year...

Brickyard

Etna Acres

Rock Hollow

Harbor Links with the WRX guys

Posted:

Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+

I am 100% in for harbor shores this year when we get to play it. I want redemption from that course as I put up a 109 last time we played it. Bad news is that was my worst score in 15 years, good news is I am ready to hit it whenever we play next!

Posted:
    Ping g400 Max 9
    Cleveland Rtx-3 58* Ttdg
    Camo hoofer 
  • clutchputt71clutchputt71 Clutchputt71 IndianaClubWRX  216WRX Points: 101Posts: 216 ClubWRX

Rock Hollow in Peru in my opinion is a hidden gem in Indiana. This past year they hired a news greens keeper and it’s in the best shape it’s ever been in and the price is usually pretty good and if you are there in the right day former pga tour winner Chris Smith is playing with member at the course.

Posted:
  • marmooskapaulmarmooskapaul Members  1442WRX Points: 229Posts: 1,442 Platinum Tees

I’m in for Harbor Links with WRX guys/girls? also.

Definitely want to do Bear Slide some more. Really like that course.

Trophy club is on my to do list as I’ve only played it once in the WRX get together a few years ago. Actually there’s a bunch I want to play! Time and money lol. Will be playing Royal Hylands a lot...I’ve got a bunch of Group Golfer vouchers for that course and it’s close to me.

Posted:

Definitely want to hit Rock Hollow again. But I'm down for whatever.

Posted:

Advertisement

Rock Hollow is an outstanding course. I didn't get up to play it in 2019, but I am hoping to travel and play more in 2020. It will be on the list for sure.

Posted:
    Ping g400 Max 9
    Cleveland Rtx-3 58* Ttdg
    Camo hoofer 

Got out Thursday afternoon...kind of a spur of the moment thing. Played New Castle’s , Memorial Park golf course with a buddy. Older, shortish course with small greens.. kind of perfect for winter golf. They were letting carts out and the course was in decent shape for January in Indiana. Got 27 holes in and still only took 2 1/2 hours.

Other than ridiculous wind it was pretty warm out.... lol. Course is pretty flat but, 18 is always fun with a lay up and undulating green on the other side of lake.

Posted:

27 in 2.5?! Wow! That wind must have been to your back on every hole!

Posted:

Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • fox_toddfox_todd Members  122WRX Points: 81Posts: 122 Fairways

I will be visiting family NE side of Indy this spring. Has been a while since I have played up there. What is your must play list? I have played Bear Slide (long time ago), Purgatory (one of my all time favs), The Fort, Brickyard.

Posted:

You hit most of the big public courses, no shame in going around them again. Would recommend adding Prairie View and Plum Creek if you're keeping to this side of town. Royal Hylands and Trophy Club worth the drive as well (RH is east off I70, Trophy is NW off I65).

Posted:

Advertisement
  • fox_toddfox_todd Members  122WRX Points: 81Posts: 122 Fairways

Thank you. Royal Hylands sounds familiar too. Will def look into those.

Posted:
  • Pigator5Pigator5 Lafayette, INMembers  42WRX Points: 21Handicap: 12Posts: 42 Bunkers

Anyone played Lucas Oil in Southern IN recently? Looking at their stay & play for this summer with some guys for work and wasn't sure if anyone had any info on it?

Posted:

What club houses here in Indiana are stuck in the 50's, 60's or 70's?

I love these places and if they serve beer I like to just sit, sip and take in the history.

Etna Acres between Marion and Huntington is one of those for me. Charming, FANTASTIC owners, GREAT cheeseburgers. Salt of the earth venue.

Posted:

Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+

Advertisement
  • JBirdUtJBirdUt Members  388WRX Points: 97Posts: 388 Greens

Looking for spectator intel for Purgatory My daughter is participating in a college event there the first week of April. I’m coming in from out of town and don’t know what to expect in terms of weather. My 80 year old, and fiery, father is coming and I’m going to have a cart. Any additional information is appreciated.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.