Quote cannot be deleted in post editor - still there after 2 weeks

hurley999s ·  
hurley999shurley999s Members  671WRX Points: 323Posts: 671 Golden Tee

I was reading through a thread and mistakenly tapped “quote” and when I scrolled down, I saw the quote in the editor. I had no intention of making a post. The issue is I cannot delete it - and it has been there for 2 weeks now in this thread. There’s no way to highlight/select and clear or otherwise delete it.

Other things about this - when I click the thread in the forum section, instead of taking me to the last post I read, it takes me now to the comment field with the quotes in the editor.

How do I clear this?

iphone X on latest iOS

Posted:

Comments

• SocratesSocrates Warning Points 1+ WinnipegClubWRX  10069WRX Points: 1,009Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,069 ClubWRX

On the right hand side of the "main" pages Quick Links sidebar, you will see My Drafts. Click on that and you can delete any or all your posts that incomplete. I often have several of them as I pause while deciding whether or not I really want to reply.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6789WRX Points: 1,165Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,789 Titanium Tees

Socrates is correct except on MY phone, which is Android, NOT an iPhone, the "menu" he is referring to with "My Drafts" on it, is at the BOTTOM, not on the right as it is on the Desktop.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

• hurley999shurley999s Members  671WRX Points: 323Posts: 671 Golden Tee

Thank you. Learned something new today. It didn’t even occur to me that it was a saved draft - I just thought it was a bug that once you insert a quote you can’t delete. Very helpful!

Posted:
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5744WRX Points: 1,090Posts: 5,744 Titanium Tees

Thanks for the tip guys. Regardless the design is poor and not intuitive.

Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6789WRX Points: 1,165Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,789 Titanium Tees

Whenever a board changes format there is very little that a user would consider "intuitive".

The feature that saves the draft is an important one IMO. Have you ever typed a long, hopefully thoughtful, response and then accidentally hit the "back" button" ? Or accidentally clicked on some other link on the page ? And EVERYTHING you spent 15 or more minutes disappeared ?

If not, you may be the only one. LOL

So the "drafts" are very important IMO.

As for finding them ? That quote only stays there as a draft after approx a minute. If you click to somewhere else before the first draft is saved, the quote won't be there the next time you go to that thread and it won't be in "saved drafts".

And if one DOES want to add a post to that thread and the quote is there one needs only to delete the quote and continue typing you response. Voila, the post is there and the draft is gone.

But finding saved drafts, usually to delete them, may be a bit obscure - I guess that might be in a better place - then again, haven't thought much about that.

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

• hurley999shurley999s Members  671WRX Points: 323Posts: 671 Golden Tee

I get that and agree having drafts is helpful, so not advocating for no drafts. But I just did a test here...when I clicked “quote” to reply to you here, I started typing this reply, then after about 15 seconds deleted everything to try to clear it out...all of my text deleted, but the quote still remained.

No biggie here because I actually intended on replying to you, but a couple points:

1) it wasn’t a minute and I didn’t see “draft saved” until just now, and STIlL couldn’t delete the quote

2) if I didn’t post this reply, the quote would always be there until I cleared it. For this thread not a big deal, but for others the issue is when you click on threads to pick up where you left off, it doesn’t bring you to the last post you’ve seen. It brings you back to the editor with the quote embedded

3) this has happened to me about 3 times lately and each time I click through about 10 things before finding out how to get to the page to delete the draft, so it isn’t intuitive.

All just feedback to hopefully help out from a user perspective. Btw on IOS (latest version) iPhone X in safari.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

There's another similar thread that I just now replied to where I discovered the original quote not being able to be deleted (I'd quoted 2 different posts - could delete the 2nd one but not the first).

So that goes into drafts I guess and has to be deleted that way. Kinda annoying, and a "bug", but as you infer not the end of the world.

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.