Xenon Putters: Share Your Pictures and Stories

> @PeanutsDaddy said:

> I would like guidance from anyone willing to offer.

>

> I have been waiting for a headcover, bag tag, marker and tool since last May. There have been promises to ‘ship out next week’ on multiple occasions’ (the most recent correspondence being December 31st), but my most recent polite inquiry has been ignored for the past 3 weeks.

>

> How do I bring this to a close? I was prepared to walk away, but my wife is telling me to not give in.

>

> Can you recover funds via PayPal and/or a credit card 10 or so months later?

>

> Such a pain in the ****.

Sorry to hear this. It’s almost criminal at this point.

• 1 month later...

I have pulled into my driveway and looked to the mailbox for past three weeks. Another promise of shipment has come and gone. There have been packages, but none of them bear gifts from Nashville. As I pass the one year anniversary of my order I'd like to state publicly that I will cherish these handmade goods forever if they ever arrive. I will throw one of my four Xenon's in the bag tomorrow in the hopes that the Golf gods will hear my plea.

Hope all have had a fabulous start to their golf seasons. Fully aware that this is small potatoes in the grand scheme.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just came across this thread and the stories and frustrations have me now feeling extremely uneasy :/

My putter was supposed to ship over a week ago, and when it didn't and I asked for an update, I was told that it's on hold for the face material and it will be shipping within the next week. I hope that's the honest truth.

Ugh.

This putter I bought is supposed to be a gift for a friend moving out of state, which is why I ordered with plenty of time. I'll be really disappointed if I'm not able to deliver it in person

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a carbon element last year (don’t remember exact dates anymore). During our initial emails I was told it takes about 5 weeks (or there abouts). Anyway after my putter didn’t show up for 3 months I asked for an update. No actual update just that it would be shipping in a week. Another 3 weeks go by and still no putter, no updates. I ask for another update and I was told my grip choice was on order as the one he had, split when he tried to install. I asked to just send putter and I’d put the grip on myself. I got the putter a week or so later, no grip (as expected), no refund for the $30 I added to have that grip installed, no headcover... I installed a superstroke grip, like I have a million times in the past, and when I tried to align the grip to the head I heard a crack and the head became loose. The epoxy let loose and now I had a 2 piece putter. I emailed about it and got an apology and instructions for re-epoxying the head and a promise that when headcovers came in he’d send me one and a bunch of “swag” for my troubles. Guess what...nothing ever showed up in the mail and at this point I really don’t care. I am currently on Hilton Head Island and during my round on Monday the head came loose again (I’m sure I’m at fault this time as I never epoxied a head before. Anyway, once I get home my old putter is going back in the bag and this one is getting listed as head only or with loose shaft. I’ve never been so disappointed with a piece of equipment. Such a shame as it is the best looking putter I’ve seen.

• 1 month later...

Thank you to Lump for following through with my order. The Ti maple leaf bag tag was above and beyond. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward. Still one of my favourite craftsman.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

• 2 months later...

Bumping this...anyone have any more recent updates or heard from Lump lately? I’ve got a new commission in mind but don’t even want to go down that route if there’s still issues. My last attempted contact was over the summer asking for some info on different materials, shapes, etc and never heard back.

Would be great if he’s back up and running

• 3 weeks later...

He's not - at least not in any real capacity.

I ordered a putter as a gift for a dear friend of mine leaving the state to go to college. FINALLY I received the putter long overdue, but I paid in full, in advance on the promise that I would get a bonus damascus repair tool (about $70 or so), and I also added an extra headcover to my order ($35 or so)

The only good news is that even though the putter was late, it did arrive, and I have to say it really is gorgeous and amazing. My friend was overjoyed at receiving it. However, I never received any headcover, let alone the extra one I ordered. Damascus repair tool also not included. Has been about 3 months since the putter arrived, and I never got any reply to texts or emails that I sent. Absolutely nothing.

I'm upset I lost the $100 but it's just not worth the brain damage trying to get anything done. And of course everything was stalled for so long that I can't file a PayPal dispute of any kind. Just going to cut my losses and accept it as a learning experience. It's a sad bummer cast over what really was supposed to be a nice and exciting experience.

That’s really a shame. Glad you at least got the most expensive item in the purchase though.

I’m torn because I love the Xenon I have (got it off here, so second hand) and the design I’m thinking is really custom and I don’t know any other putter makers who could do it. Byron seems like he works off whatever stock models he’s got, and same with some of the other guys.

It’s something I’d like to have come April for my second bag, so part of me thinks there’s a chance it will work because that’s like 4+ months, but part of me doesn’t want to go through the headaches either.

If it's a custom design, I think only Lump or Lamont will be able to take it on.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Yeah.. if you want a real custom shape, I'm afraid so. Many of the custom makers now work off fixed designs they have cnc programmed. Unfortunately some as I read don't even make them own putters in some cases and purchase blanks and just round off add simple options like sound slots, sight lines, stamping etc.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

• 2 weeks later...

From what I know it is xenongolf@comcast .net. I am so disappointed in this company right now. I will never buy another putter from Xenon golf. I ordered a putter (Paid in full BTW) Early April 2019. Did not receive the putter until Late June. The main issue I have is the putter was shipped with a USED grip on it and no headcover. After months of me following up and never getting a response, I gave up. Id recommend going elsewhere.

3 months is not really a long time for a custom. But the used grip and lack of a headcover is not good.

Three months is fine if that’s what was promised. It’s another thing if he was promised significantly less and how lumpy dealt with things along the way. Some delays with custom putters are common/almost expected but it’s no good if you get the same response over a few months of “it’ll be in the mail tomorrow.”

Agree.. I wasn't commenting on response time though nor on what was committed and delivered on.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. I just purchased a brass Xenon putter from Music City Golf. It’s beautiful. I currently own a Kevin Burns GSS 703 pyramid milled, a blue oil can TP Mills Sycamore with GSS insert, and a copper-played Byron Morgan Channel Island...so I’m not rolling trash. The xenon is better looking than all of them. The Mills is comparable with its unique blue oil finish, but the Xenon sets up better and more square next to the ball. The Xenon rolls the ball beautifully and just as good, if not better than the rest. The feel, however, is a little stiffer than I would have expected from brass. Regardless, the pure strikes are butter. After reading the comments on this thread, don’t be scared to buy a Xenon from someone who has it in hand. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

YQOG2NW3H8S2.jpeg

JBVC9PHLZDQ1.jpeg

UWEVGBEGS9Y8.jpeg

612D9WC3855C.jpeg

Big fan of that Manta headshape and brass combo. Smooth pick up.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Dealing with 'one man shows' is always worthwhile - but can be very trying.

I've not dealt directly with Lumpy, but have always heard he is a great guy. I have ordered quite a few Hand Mades over the years from different guys and I don't think a single one of them ever arrived on time ha ha.

I think the one stand out mistake is mis-information to customers. I don't really care how late something is - just as long as I am kept in the loop and given honest information. Integrity is everything in business IMHO.

Happy putting all. :-)

Rob

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Is lumpy still making putters?  Ken was one of the most garage style makers around. 

38 minutes ago, LionGolfer said:

Is lumpy still making putters?  Ken was one of the most garage style makers around. 

He's making some putters for the company Twirled Clubs

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

12 hours ago, MattM97 said:

He's making some putters for the company Twirled Clubs

Thanks for the share. I hope it works out for him.  Ken's a great guy.