All Things Michigan Golf....the Mulligan (MOD EDIT: NO POLITICS, NO COVID-19, NO ECONOMICS)

Openwater22

You could go up to Cadillac and play Eldorado and CCoC (Semi-Private).

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

After looking at the options within the immediate area, I think we're going to bail and go somewhere else. I found a couple of decent looking lodging options in Kalamazoo and near West Branch, and I know I can put something together in those ares pretty easily.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

If you pick West Branch, you can play the Quest. Think you might know somebody with a little "pull" there.

• Like 1

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

that’s definitely one of the ones I was planning to include?. Probably along with Dream/Nightmare, and maybe Forest Dunes (easier to sell one pricier round than two).

TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

We always do a trip to the Gaylord area and hit the nightmare on the way home Sunday, one of the more underrated courses in my opinion. We usually catch it early morning with dew on the ground, great memories and matches there.

Driver: Titleist Tsi2 - GD AD-IZ 6x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM Max 15 - GD AD-VR 7x

hybrid: Ping G425 19 - GD AD-DI Hy 95x

irons (4-pw): Ping iBlade - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

wedges (50,55,60): Vokey Sm9 - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 36"

Ball: Titleist ProV1

First round of 2020 wasn't bad. Played Poston Butte. I was cold topping on the range 15 min before our tee time and was freaking out, but actually hit it pretty well on the course. My chipping and putting suck! I must have three jacked five times, but snuck in enough pars and one birdie to shoot a 78. Off to gold canyon for 36 today.

This post is completely wrong. The Royal is private. Conditions are usually good but the greens are super slow. Katke is usually in very good shape and has transitioned into a solid track. However it is owned by the university so there is no booze.

3JP, if you PM me I can help get you on at the Royal and can probably help with rates at Tullymore/St Ives. My member rates are pretty good. Especially after 3.

Thanks, J. We ended up cancelling the reservation, and just last night booked a place near West Branch (close to Lake St. Helen). I think we’re going to do The Quest, Dream/Nightmare, and The Fortress in Frankenmuth on the way home. I’ve never played the last 3 of those, and it’s a pretty budget-friendly trip overall.

They've put up the schedule on the website now. No info on qualifying sites yet for the Michigan Am or GAM Championship, but the rest of the tournament schedule is listed. Mid Am is going to be Hills and Moor this year.https://www.gam.org/?Championships&view=calendar&type=gam

It has been a minute since I checked in with my boys...what is it with kids wanting to participate in after school activities???

I've been away from the game for along time, get in a couple 18 hole rounds a year now a days though.

Just stopped by to say whats up!!! I'll be in the Fort Myers area Feb 12-15 if anyone is game :)

Ping G400 LST 8.5° ~ AD-IZ 6s
Titleist 915 16.5° F ~ AD-GT 7s
Titleist 915 21° H ~ AD-DI 85s
Epon AF-302 4-PW ~ Recoil Proto 110s
Miura 1957 51°| 55° | 59° ~ Recoil Proto 110s
EVNRoll ER3

Michigan Am Qualifier Schedule:

5NNOL1AKKMI3.png

GAM Championship Qualifier Schedule (I'm not sure if they may add a couple to this list? Seems like there's usually more than 6):

SUFDHFXZ9NGI.png

GAM should re-name themselves the Southeast Michigan Golf Association. Or the Metro D golf association. 1 qualifier north of Flint/Lansing, and other than the Mid Am there won't be a single tournament north of US10! 7 years as a member of Florida State Golf Association and GAM, FSGA does it better every time.

M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S

Well, 2 Michigan Am qualifiers, and I don't think the GAM champ list is complete yet (the Michigan Am one may not be, either). I know they usually have a qualifier at Michaywe for the GAM, and I don't see that on the list yet. The Michigan Am is at the Heather this year and the Senior Championship is at Belvedere, so it's not quite that bad, but I agree that it would be nice if they spread out a little bit so people don't have to travel so far for qualifiers. Marquette and Harbor Springs/Petoskey are still quite a hike for people who live "up north" but outside of the cities on the Northwest shore. It seems like it would make sense to have something in the West Branch/Clare area and maybe Gaylord/Grayling and/or in the Northeast part of the LP. From what I've seen, they don't usually get big fields for qualifiers up there, but part of that might be how much travel is involved to the sites they're picking.

Wow! Better than most years, so I'll just shut up. Well maybe not. Nice the AM and Senior are north of US10, but go back say 10 years,

they never have qualifiers or tournament sites out state for average guy {net} events.

M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S

You definitely have a point about the qualifiers -- they don't make it easy for people outside of downstate to participate.

In general, I think they do a pretty good job of picking sites for the Am, and it moves pretty well around the state. This will be the 3rd time it's been played at the Heather since I started trying to qualify for GAM events (in 2006), and it was at Belvedere once in that time, too. 4 out of 14 years seems pretty reasonable, especially considering it's been in the GR/Kzoo/Muskegon/Lansing area other years, along with a few times around Detroit. The GAM Championship really does not seem to leave SE Michigan very often, which I don't really understand.

Take a look at qualifier participation. Or don't because it looks like it got nuked haha. But i don't remember more than one maybe two spots being awarded at Michawye because of a lack of entrants. The net stuff I can see getting a few more but think about how many you'd lose in SE MI by having it somewhere up north. I'm not sure I will play an AM qualifier this year because of where its at and I've yet to play in the mid am solely because its a vacation and not something I can commute to on a daily basis.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the updated site. They killed off all the old qualifier results, and navigation of the site as a whole seems a lot less intuitive than it used to be, especially for Tournament info. I'm not suggesting getting rid of qualifiers downstate, but with the Am qualifiers as an example this year, If you live in the North East part of the LP, you're looking at about a 4 hour round trip to play at the nearest qualifying site. Having something between Saginaw and Harbor Springs seems like it would be a good idea.

I always either try to qualify for the Am or GAM Championship, and this year I'm probably going to try for the Am. While it's a PITA to go up to Boyne, I'd be more interested in playing up there than at Western. Turning the Mid Am into a vacation many years ago was a good idea, because it's part of our annual routine now. Some year, I'd love to play in the Mid Am and then stay for the Kircher Cup, but 5 straight days of golf is kind of a tough sell to the wife.

I've never played in one, but from what I've heard, there is a competitive element to it, but it's laid back, and more about having a good time playing courses that a lot of people wouldn't otherwise have access to.

was just looking at the golf days schedule, seems to be only two in the southwest part of the state. Battle creek country club and the moors. they are on mondays, so that works for me. Having played neither of the courses before, if i was to do only one, which course would people suggest? its 80 for BCC and 60 for the moors. they are approximately same distance from me.

Titleist TSR3 9.0 Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSi2 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75X

Callaway Epic Flash 18 Rogue Max 85TX
Titleist TSi2 21 Tensei AV Blue 75X
Sub 70 639 CB Black 5-8 KBS 120S
Sub 70 639 MB Black 9-PW KBS 120S
Sub 70 JB Black 48 KBS Tour S
Sub 70 JB Black 54 KBS TGI 80S
Sub 70 JB Full Groove Black 58 KBS TGI 80S
Bettinardi QB6 SBS