2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Vice Balls

srjohnson913

I guess option is to buy trial pack, or pay the higher price to test drive then. I was merely pointing out your objection to the cost of a single dozen.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

Been playing the Vice Pro + red neon since Black Friday deal. Have not noticed durability at all on these balls. Normal scuffs scrapes with cart paths or trees, but not affecting the playability of the ball. The only thing i see as i slight change from TP5X is a little less spin on chip shots around the green. I just bought 5 dozen more and whenver i play with someone who hasnt seen me make the switch i always get compliments or ragged on for plaing a red ball. Been a lot easier to find in the thick rough!

As long as you like Z-Stars, and if can find those for $22/doz. I've tried a few models of Z-Stars over the years, never was too impressed. Vice Pro play like a 2016 Pro V1 to me.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

Hi all, Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I play at about a 7 handicap and last summer I bought 5 dozen of the Vice pro plus. My thoughts are this.

I find that they are a great value compared to the ProV1x that I would normally play.

I find that they tend to spin allot more off of my wedge and shorter approach shots. So much so that I need to aim for the pin, rather than expect any roll out.

I also find that they do not hold up in the wind like the proV. This is where I fault this ball. Where I live we tend to have wind more often than not. So on windy days this ball will not go into play.

Even with their faults, I am on my last dozen of these and I find myself wanting to buy some more.

I got 6 doz lime Pro Plus last year after only playing the white Pro Plus in 2018. However...I was given a dozen ProV1x yellow by our Titleist rep in May, and started playing that ball exclusively for the rest of 2019. Not because I didn't like the Vice (love it, actually), but a yellow ProV1x was just so novel and cool to me that I had to play it.

I went back to the Pro Plus when I snuck in a rare round in late December. Love that ball...I felt like it was actually higher trajectory than ProV1x, but I hadn't played in a couple months at that point, and I may have been swinging funky and adding loft at impact.

I've got plenty of the yellow V1x and the lime Pro Plus sitting around...I'll play them both this year. I've never had quality issues with the Pro Plus unless it hits pavement. I think the durability is fine...it just shows scuffs WAY more when it's a lime ball.

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

Totally agreed with what you said and I’d do the same if someone gave me yellow Pro V’s

Callaway Paradym TD - MCA Kai'li White 60X

TM M4 3W - MCA Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

TM M3 3H - PX HZRDUS Black 6.5

Srixon ZX5 MKII - PX LZ 6.5 - 4-P

Vokey SM8 - DG S400 (black) - 50.12F,  54.14F, 58.12D

Scotty 2018 Newport 2

Vice Pro Plus

• 1 year later...

I purchased 10 dozen Vice Pro golf balls in 2018 and I liked them for the price but I felt that they were a little short off the tee and durability was not great.  Wasn't impressed enough to buy more and went to Snell last year. 

Got an email from Vice last week and made a snap purchase. Just received 6 dozen Vice Pro balls in Mail on their recent promotion and paid $25 a dozen all in. Shipped from Germany to Indianapolis in less than a week! This year's model is long off the tee, spinny around the green and feel off the clubface is incredible.  I played 7 holes today and ball didn't have a mark on it.  I am sure ProV 1s are made with better and more consistent manufacturing but not $25 more a dozen worth....especially not at my skill level.  Really impressed with the quality and performance gains Vice has made in the last 3 years.  Just wanted to bump this thread and share my experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, reider69 said:

I purchased 10 dozen Vice Pro golf balls in 2018 and I liked them for the price but I felt that they were a little short off the tee and durability was not great.  Wasn't impressed enough to buy more and went to Snell last year. 

Got an email from Vice last week and made a snap purchase. Just received 6 dozen Vice Pro balls in Mail on their recent promotion and paid $25 a dozen all in. Shipped from Germany to Indianapolis in less than a week! This year's model is long off the tee, spinny around the green and feel off the clubface is incredible.  I played 7 holes today and ball didn't have a mark on it.  I am sure ProV 1s are made with better and more consistent manufacturing but not $25 more a dozen worth....especially not at my skill level.  Really impressed with the quality and performance gains Vice has made in the last 3 years.  Just wanted to bump this thread and share my experience.

Was that the cheap shipping ? I been waiting about a week and half so far. 

I just bought the 5 + 1 free deal. Hard to beat that ball for $25 per dozen including tax and shipping. I wish they would have the yellow in stock as I like to play those in the fall and winter, but I will just make due with the white. My preferred gamer is Tour B X, but I will use these after my stock is gone.

• Thanks 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I’ve played the Pro V1 since it’s inception. I will continue to play them during tournament play and the occasional practice round. That said, through a friends recommendation, I tried the Vice Pro new edition. He said they’ve made improvements to their ball and I’d be pleasantly surprised at the price and the performance. He was right. It’s a good golf ball. It’s wonderful for casual rounds. The Titleist beats it in green side performance for me. I have to allow for more roll out with the Vice ball. I know the Titleist will give me consistent spin. It’ll hop and grab with very little release. The Vice ball, not so much. For half the money, the Vice ball is a solid choice. 

Because of my wound ball habits over the years, I'm something of a lower compression guy.  On a lark, I decided to try the Vice Pro Soft.  I've been playing the Wilson Duo Professional for much of the last year or two.

I've only got a couple dozen holes or so in with the ball, it's a fairly decent ball.  Spin around the greens is pretty good, it might spin a bit more than the Duo Pro in that arena.  Good distance, similar feel to the Duo Pro, a bit higher trajectory.  Not as good in the wind as the Duo Pro, but that's hardly much of a negative, as the Duo Pro might be the straightest ball in side winds that I've ever played.

I'll be continuing to give them some run over the rest of the season, once I get past the Club Championship, and Event Season.

Definitely worth checking out, if you like urethane cover softer golfballs.

• Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I’m seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on the 5+1 deal on the Pro Plus. I’ve never hit them, but they seem to be the talk of the YT crowd and other reviewers.

I tried Snell last year, and the distance off the driver was very noticeable off the tee vs my Kirklands…no surprise there. What disappointed me was the durability of the Snell’s. It seemed like after one or two wedge shots they would be scuffed pretty bad.

Anyone have thoughts on the Pro Plus’s durability after playing the newer model for a while? Like most have said, the deal on them right now is hard to beat.

1 hour ago, Jeremy8810 said:

I’m seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on the 5+1 deal on the Pro Plus. I’ve never hit them, but they seem to be the talk of the YT crowd and other reviewers.

I tried Snell last year, and the distance off the driver was very noticeable off the tee vs my Kirklands…no surprise there. What disappointed me was the durability of the Snell’s. It seemed like after one or two wedge shots they would be scuffed pretty bad.

Anyone have thoughts on the Pro Plus’s durability after playing the newer model for a while? Like most have said, the deal on them right now is hard to beat.

That's weird, I've played the Snell MTB-X for over 3 rounds on one ball, and they look almost new. Amongst the most durable ball I've ever hit.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, gioreeko said:

That's weird, I've played the Snell MTB-X for over 3 rounds on one ball, and they look almost new. Amongst the most durable ball I've ever hit.

Yep, that’s generally what I hear with Snell, so I was stunned with my experience. I’m assuming I probably got an “outlier” dozen or something, but it was pretty bad. I loved the performance, but I just couldn’t commit after that experience.

• Like 1

I’ve been playing the Vice Pro Red Neon since the start of the season. Here’s my observations, vs. the Pro V1:

- a little shorter off the tee (driver/woods) 

- greenside spin is comparable

- spin on mid/short iron shots is a little less

- they scuff more easily off wedge shots

- great feel when putting (solid)

- they look amazing

- easier to find and to follow in the air

- alignment line is nice

I’d buy Vice vs. ProV1, because the price difference drastically outweighs the performance differences. 

I‘m a 19 hcp that currently plays like a 12, 102 mph driver SS. 

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

2 hours ago, Jeremy8810 said:

Yep, that’s generally what I hear with Snell, so I was stunned with my experience. I’m assuming I probably got an “outlier” dozen or something, but it was pretty bad. I loved the performance, but I just couldn’t commit after that experience.

Maybe that's the case. I gave some friends who came out for a golf weekend a sleeve of the MTB-X to try when they got home, and they both told me how much they loved the ball, and they are both shooting their lowest scores ever. 

Maltby TSW sand wedge

7 hours ago, Jeremy8810 said:

For the money, you can’t beat the performance, and durability. I’ve never had an issue with even the older models, but everything I’ve heard is that the new model is even more durable. 

22 hours ago, Jeremy8810 said:

I've been messing around with the Pro Plus version.  I've hit a lot of shots off my mat infoors.  Irons, wedges, etc.  The cover seems to be very durable.  Will that translate to actual play, perhaps.  Curious what a hard bunker shot may do, but I suspect it will look good.  For the price, it would seem to be a pretty darn good ball.

• Like 1

I've only played them as found balls. Every single one has been excellent all around.

If you could buy a dozen at a time at the low price I would do so. I don't lose a lot of balls, so I've accidentally stockpiled more than I can currently use, and so new purchases are on hold... Until the next time I can't resist and buy something else, lol.

Still sitting on a stash of OG Rzn Platinums if that tells you anything.

the spy ball test is live, and the Vice Pro plus was a really solid performer, might have to test them out.

• Like 2

Maltby TSW sand wedge

7 hours ago, gioreeko said:

the spy ball test is live, and the Vice Pro plus was a really solid performer, might have to test them out.

The Plus is a great DTC ball. I sometimes dabble in the Pro, but always seem to go back to the Plus. The part about ball speed is true. When the new version came out, it was very noticeable to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vice Pro Plus has quickly become my favorite golf ball I've ever hit. I've got a somewhat unfortunate combination of being a very fast swinger (~125mph with driver) who prefers the feel of a soft ball, I almost want it to feel squishy. The Vice Pro Plus is certainly no crazy low compression soft ball, but at mid 80s compression and being a 4 piece ball it seems to just have the right feel for me.

I had never found a ball that both felt very soft and performed great at high swing speeds but the Pro Plus is it. It reacts exactly how I want a ball to react off of every single club, and I can't see myself switching balls unless Vice goes out of business. 

I had previously been playing a Chrome Soft and it was a really solid ball. I noticed when I swapped to the Vice Pro Plus that the driver definitely was launching a bit higher, although it wasn't overspinning or anything. I decided to tune my driver down from 9.0 to 7.5 to account for this because I love the ball so much and I think I've found the perfect winning combo.

I had heard concerns about the durability of the Vice balls, but I think that must've referred to older versions because these are almost unreasonably durable. Just today I played an entire round with a Pro Plus, including a couple sand shots on a pretty sandy/rocky links-style course and I can't see a single mark of even the slightest amount on the entire ball, looks brand new. 

Edited by rooski
  • Like 3

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

I’ll be taking these with me to Ireland next month for my groups golf trip.

FEE25DEE-8163-4D87-AFEC-AC70863FD584.jpeg

• Like 2