DLS countdown 2020

Canoe Paddler ·  
Canoe PaddlerCanoe Paddler Members  219WRX Points: 177Posts: 219 Fairways

Someone started a thread on this last year, and I really enjoyed it, but I can’t seem to find it. We are officially inside of 49 days to Daylight Savings.

We have endured nearly 2/3rds of the shortest days of the year and I think it’s time to start looking forward to March 7th.

How does your golf life change when the sun doesn’t set until 7pm and later?

Posted:

Comments

• Warrior42111Warrior42111 FloridaMembers  404WRX Points: 219Handicap: 19Posts: 404 Greens

I love twilight golf. Play the course at half price and don’t need to rush to finish

Posted:

Taylormade M6 10.5| Project X Even Flow Black X 6.5
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 * |Mitsubishi Tensei CK White 70 X
    Ping G400 18
    | PING Alta CB 65 Stiff
    Callaway Apex 19 4-PW | Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 X
    Callaway MD4 48* / 54* / 59* | Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 X
    Odyssey Stroke Lab, Toulon Memphis 34"

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3350WRX Points: 993Handicap: 4Posts: 3,350 Titanium Tees

I really like it when the sun starts coming up earlier. I am an early riser, and like to start as soon as I can see.

Posted:
  • MedicMedic Members  9423WRX Points: 173Handicap: 9.1Posts: 9,423 Titanium Tees

I love spring and summer.

Prices go down here in Florida because the "snowbirds" head home. The courses are far less crowded. Doesn't take as long to warm up or to play a full round. I can head out after work and easily get 18 in. The ball seems to go further. The roads to get to distant courses are less crowded. The resorts have great stay and play deals.

I am a member at a local range that is lit and is an amazing practice facility. It fills in for me when the course are too crowded and they cost twice as much. But, like I said, I love spring and summer. Favorite day of the year is June 21 - obvious reasons...

Posted:
    Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
    Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
    Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
    Titleist Vokey 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
    Tad Moore TM-1 35"
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Canoe PaddlerCanoe Paddler Members  219WRX Points: 177Posts: 219 Fairways

41 days. For me, there aren’t many things better than cutting out of work an hour early on a Thursday, getting in 9 holes with some friends and then getting home with enough daylight to fire up the grill and play in the yard with the kids. Life is just better with more daylight.

Posted:
  • nlinneman20nlinneman20 Saint LouisMembers  286WRX Points: 64Handicap: 12Posts: 286 Greens
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.